• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
There's not going to be an Overwatch character in Smash. That just straight up is not going to happen. If we got a Blizzard character it definitely would not be from their most recent game that stopped being relevant a year after its release. Not everything on earth that is related to video games means a character is gonna be in Smash...
Can we use this as an excuse to talk about Blizzard content in Smash? Like.. dunno, Diablo as a boss, WoW spirits and stuff

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
There's not going to be an Overwatch character in Smash. That just straight up is not going to happen. If we got a Blizzard character it definitely would not be from their most recent game that stopped being relevant a year after its release. Not everything on earth that is related to video games means a character is gonna be in Smash...
I don't think that's exactly fair. And it comes off as rather harsh. Overwatch is still relevant and is still Blizzard's biggest money maker. If Nintendo and Sakurai wanted Tracer, they would get Tracer. But I can see people really hate the idea here so I'm just gonna stop talking about it.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
There’s definitely been a desire for Overwatch on the Switch, so if this is true it’s not super surprising. I could see Tracer as a Smash fighter, but man she would be tough to balance. Her ability to teleport horizontally and rewind time, to me, is uniquely suited to take advantage of recovering from off stage. She would probably have to have terrible vertical recovery to make up for it.

In general, a Blizzard rep could make sense. Like Capcom, Blizzard has so much to work with they’re able to make their own crossover games. They certainly weren’t approached for the base roster, but DLC could be another story. In general, I’m with everyone here in that I’d predict Doom Slayer and even Master Chief before an Overwatch character. As an old school Blizzard fan, it’s kinda fun to think about though: Diablo, Thrall, Arthas, Kerrigan, etc.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Only applied for the base game. Joker and Hero's main representation both came from 2017 games (Dragon Quest 11 originally released after ARMS for crying out loud), which immediately points out that the same restrictions of base game don't apply to DLC. They just chose to skip over Rex/Pyra and Springman for base game and disqualified them from that (and then DLC by extension of choosing to give them different roles in base game, at least for this Fighter's Pass). I don't think we're getting Astral Chain reps, but there's also no basis to your claim that a character from a more recent, or even 2019, game couldn't get in.
No we knew about Joker & Eleven for quite awhile. We knew about what the hero will look like in Dragon Quest XI when the Switch was called the NX. Sure their games didn't come out until 2017, but we knew about Persona 5 back in 2013 and DQXI in 2015. That's a lot different from Xenoblade 2 and ARMS case where we only learned about them in 2017.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Can we use this as an excuse to talk about Blizzard content in Smash? Like.. dunno, Diablo as a boss, WoW spirits and stuff
god diablo content would amazing. there's a lot of games I love to death but don't want to see take a character slot like doom or minecraft, but I would still love to see them represented in some way like stages, or wol segments. playing diablo 2 with friends was some of the most fun I've had on a pc and a lovingly crafted homage in smash in some way would be unbelievably cool.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I don't care for any Blizzard games really, but I think Diablo is much more likely to be represented in Smash than anything else. It's been on Nintendo Consoles before, hasn't it? Or maybe I'm going crazy. Either way, Diablo has been around for a while and been consistently popular. Overwatch is one game that was popular for a few months.

I don't think that's exactly fair. And it comes off as rather harsh. Overwatch is still relevant and is still Blizzard's biggest money maker. If Nintendo and Sakurai wanted Tracer, they would get Tracer. But I can see people really hate the idea here so I'm just gonna stop talking about it.
Blizzard's biggest money maker is WoW and I don't see how it's even conceivable that otherwise would be true. A quick google search I did just now says WoW is at least 10 times bigger than Overwatch, and I would assume that was Overwatch at its peak. I'm sure Overwatch was a fun game, but it's just not Smash material. As far as 3rd party characters go, Bayonetta is the closest we got to a "new" franchise in Smash, but she only got in after 2 games and a ton of fan demand (at least, supposedly.) You could argue Joker, but I could also argue that Persona has been around a while and SMT has been around even longer.

I don't mean to be rude, and I'm sure my bias against the game is obvious, but it's just not a big enough franchise to be in Smash. If Overwatch were owned by Nintendo, then sure. Imagine if Nintendo didn't own Splatoon, but they put in Inkling. Or if they didn't own Xenoblade but put in Shulk. 3rd party slots can't just be thrown to every character under the sun because they had a successful game.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I don't care for any Blizzard games really, but I think Diablo is much more likely to be represented in Smash than anything else. It's been on Nintendo Consoles before, hasn't it? Or maybe I'm going crazy. Either way, Diablo has been around for a while and been consistently popular. Overwatch is one game that was popular for a few months.

Blizzard's biggest money maker is WoW and I don't see how it's even conceivable that otherwise would be true. A quick google search I did just now says WoW is at least 10 times bigger than Overwatch, and I would assume that was Overwatch at its peak. I'm sure Overwatch was a fun game, but it's just not Smash material. As far as 3rd party characters go, Bayonetta is the closest we got to a "new" franchise in Smash, but she only got in after 2 games and a ton of fan demand (at least, supposedly.) You could argue Joker, but I could also argue that Persona has been around a while and SMT has been around even longer.

I don't mean to be rude, and I'm sure my bias against the game is obvious, but it's just not a big enough franchise to be in Smash. If Overwatch were owned by Nintendo, then sure. Imagine if Nintendo didn't own Splatoon, but they put in Inkling. Or if they didn't own Xenoblade but put in Shulk. 3rd party slots can't just be thrown to every character under the sun because they had a successful game.
I still don't think it's fair to downplay Overwatch or it's character chances like this. Especially when we are in a thread that is meant to root for a third party one off character (when said company already has a rep in as DLC) from a 23 year old video game. I just thought we would be a lot more understand for people's smash picks since after Joker, Hero, and Banjo we know anything can happen now. If Nintendo wanted Tracer. They would get Tracer.

Last edited:
I know this is several days late, but here's who I think Genoid of the Stars may get along with if he got added to Smash.

I made it in the form of a tier list:

Also, don't think Tracer's in Smash.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Even though I haven’t played in a while I really like Overwatch and the characters in it. And it is definitely still popular (I don’t understand people trying to ay that it’s not). That said I can’t put my finger on why but I’m f the next rep were to be a female character I’d prefer it to be Jill Valentine even though as an RE fan I prefer Leon. I feel like RE being a more established franchise makes more sense as contributing a rep than Overwatch though that’s obviously never kept characters back from getting in. RE is more of a trail-blazer as far as games go basically establishing survival horror as a genre versus Overwatch is one of many first-person/third person shooters. As far as music goes neither has a ton going for them though.

Last edited:

Bremy

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to pop in to say that Overwatch is still incredibly popular. The Overwatch league still gets a ton of views on twitch in its second season and the matches are also played on live tv. Is it anything like the first year it released? No. But it's far from irrelevant

Quick Edit: I don't actually think tracer is going to be in smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes, the very existence of an Overwatch themed Switch case TOTALLY means a character from Overwatch will be in Smash.

I seriously can't believe people just jump it and automatically assume Tracer will be in Smash because a frickin' Switch case for Overwatch exists. It's like literally anything that relates to video games means it's a Smash character.

Last edited by a moderator:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I do want to say, if we ride this train of "What If OverWatch In Smash Brothers Of Ultimate", based on personal bias, I would probably personally pick out somebody like, say, Junkrat. Give Snake a run for his money, as far as an endless supply of explosives and mines are concerned.

T2by4

Smash Lord
For me, an Overwatch character would be the second worst thing to happen for a character reveal. The first being Sora. The third being (well was) Plant.

But rip Doomguy if we do end up getting Bayonetta 2.0 into this game. They are both shallow enough to be compared to each other I suppose.
Can't believe I'm saying this. I would rather have Steve in and Steveposting return than an overwatch character get in. Ngl. Flavor of the month game with a toxic community, nty. At least Steveposting was funny and the actual community itself is chill af.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
At least Steveposting was funny
It wasn't if you were on the receiving end of a lot of it. I seriously can't believe how harshly people are taking even the slight possibility of Tracer getting into Smash. It's like we are forgetting how much **** we get for supporting Geno almost everywhere that isn't here.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
So I don't think that Tracer is getting in Smash. I would be a little disappointed if Tracer got in over a Diablo character or even a WoW character even though I don't really care about WoW. Personally, I think Nazeebo is just the coolest dude. But I'm also not totally opposed to Tracer getting in and think she could have a cool moveset and honestly cool and unique movesets on a video game character is all I really care about in Smash. I would be rather irritated though that Crash wasn't the first Activision rep even though Crash doesn't have much moveset potential but Crash has that crazy "OMG I can't believe Mario, Sonic, MegaMan, and Crash are all here fighting each other!" factor.

On an unrelated note, I finished my Geno moveset and here it is! Let me know what you think!

Geno Moveset:

Overview:

I have designed two separate movesets for Geno, however, the second is just a combination of moves from the first moveset with a different neutral special attack. Before I delve into these movesets, let me explain a few things. I am by no means a very good or competitive Smash player. Although I am creative and do my best with these movesets, it should be noted that I do not have an advanced understanding of the game so I don’t include things like hurtboxes, hitboxes (although I try to describe the range and movement of attacks to the best of my ability), or have much understanding of how to make something very balanced (although I try to not make things blatantly overpowered). Also, because of my lack of skill and Geno being my most wanted fighter ever since Melee, I don’t want Geno’s skill cap to be too high to the point where I don’t stand any chance of being any good with the character. So I decided to focus on different mechanics other than timed hits because I feel that I would really struggle with a character who is relatively weak without amazing timing. Timed hits and my movesets aren’t mutually exclusive I just tried to incorporate things into the movesets that might have some semblance to timed hits instead of making that the main gimmick of the movesets.

Regardless, I still imagine Geno’s damage being slightly subpar in general, because I imagine him being super agile with amazing combo potential. I also imagine Geno being a light character who is easier to launch, but with a lot of tools at his disposal to disengage and get himself out of sticky situations. Basically, Geno players would be encouraged to be hyper aggressive in order to capitalize on Geno’s glass cannon play style while still tempering that aggressive play with an understanding of Geno’s vulnerabilities. My hope is to have created movesets that reflect this and also still have a moderate skill cap that allows unskilled players to have fun but also really reward the competitive players who decide to pick up Geno and really learn him. I also intend to create movesets around things that make sense for Geno to be able to do as a star-powered “gun mage” and having a doll body and also accurately represent what he is able to do in SMRPG. I did not look at many other movesets for inspiration for these (because I really didn’t need inspiration) although I have been lurking in the Geno thread and watched the Project M video on the first page of the thread and got some ideas from there, but mostly just used ideas I had already had for these movesets.

First Moveset:

For the first moveset, the gimmick is the ability for Geno to switch between an armed and unarmed stance and each stance has different moves that reflect the different sides of Geno (the doll and the star being respectively). In both stances, Geno is a light and agile fighter, but in the armed stance Geno has higher damage and launching power with close range attacks and in the unarmed stance Geno has lower damage and launching power with multi-hit attacks and longer range. Essentially, imagine unarmed stance being kind of like Ness and armed being kind of like Little Mac but without the KO punch and having better recovery with less damage but being quicker with better combos.

Armed Moveset:

1, 2, 3 Jab: Geno kicks once forward around the opponent’s shins, then swings his head downwards in a slight arch in front of him, then ends with a gut punch.

Rapid Jab: Geno repetitively swings his arms in upward/downward archs in front of him (imagine the goofy cartoons where people are playfighing by flailing their arms at each other and you’ve basically envisioned what this looks like...yes it’s a silly attack, but it’s somehow fitting)

Dash Attack: Geno somersaults forward 180 degrees and twists in the air while doing so landing on his hands and facing forwards then kicks forward with both legs and quickly flips back onto his feet with some end lag.

Armed Grabs/Throws:

Grabs: Geno grabs the opponent with one hand, pressing the attack button results in Geno using his other hand to slap the opponent back and forth on their face (Geno has always seemed pretty sassy to me if this wasn’t already apparent).

Up Throw: Geno throws the opponent straight up doing little damage but sets up for combos really easily, especially when the opponent is at lower percentages.

Down Throw: Geno throws the opponent down dealing damage and causing them to bounce up and forward a little. This throw can only combo at lower percentages but can launch opponents far at higher percentages.

Forward Throw: Geno throws the opponent in a diagonal upwards angle dealing damage and allowing for combos at lower percentages with good launch power at higher percentages.

Backward Throw: Geno spins (kind of like Mario’s back throw, but Geno only does one full spin) then throws the opponent diagonally downwards in the direction opposite where Geno was originally facing when he used this throw. This does some damage and easily combos.

Armed Tilts:

Up Tilt: Geno does a handstand and kicks upwards with good launching power and damage. This has a little start up delay and short end lag.

Forward Tilt: Geno swings his head in a downwards arch in front of him like the second part of his 1, 2, 3 jab. This is great for comboing into grabs and other attacks when the opponent is at lower percentages and has good damage and if done correctly at the edge of the stage can spike at the very end of the move.

Down Tilt: Geno holds his arms out at his sides and spins horizontally. This move happens very quickly making it good for disengaging but otherwise does little damage and has moderate launching power.

Armed Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Geno puts his left hand on the ground and turns his body to point his other arm straight upwards and shoots his upward-facing arm straight up with a small hitbox and short range but excellent launch power and damage.

Forward Smash: Geno holds out his arm in front of him and it unhinges like he’s going to use a projectile and then shoots out a star in front of him with short range and good damage and knockback.

Down Smash: Geno crosses his arms and sticks them out to his sides as he shoots his arms out on both sides as a short range attack with great damage and low launching power.

Armed Aerials:

Up Air: Geno swings one arm in an arch above him. This move is amazing for juggling and combos.

Forward Air: Geno kicks forward with one leg then twists his lower half around horizontally to kick forward with his other leg. The second hit has greater damage and launching power.

Back Air: Geno turns back and shoots his arm straight behind him as a short range projectile being one of Geno’s best killing tools with excellent damage and launching power.

Down Air: Essentially the same as MegaMan’s down air. Geno shoots his arm straight down with moderate range and great damage with a small hitbox but great for spiking opponents.

Neutral Air: Geno flips forward 360 degrees with one leg out around in a circle damaging anything around him similar to Joker’s neutral air but with his leg instead of a knife, obviously.

Armed Specials:

Neutral Special: This move unhinges both of Geno’s arms, switching him to Unarmed Stance. Geno can switch between stances very quickly without delay or end lag allowing players to really utilize both stances to the best of their abilities if they want to and address many different situations.

Up Special: Geno sticks his arms out and upwards and spins horizontally as he moves in the direction the player presses. This hits opponents multiple times and has decent killing potential, but is generally a relatively poor recovery tool compared to some others.

Side Special: Geno leaps forward with arms outstretched horizontally and slightly behind him (as in his arms are not just out at his sides but not in a way that would deal damage think like “Naruto running”) and cape unfurled striking opponents with his knee, the player can press the control stick in the opposite direction he is facing to flip backwards and kick opponents behind him, this kick is great at spiking if it hits the opponent at the end of the move (this looks similar to Geno’s armed neutral aerial). The first part of this move has long range and good launching power but is awkward to hit (like Wolf’s side special) and the second part of this move is short range with good damage, but low launching power.

Down Special: Geno uses Geno Boost temporarily increasing his attack power, if you time the second hit correctly it also gives Geno super armor for a brief period. This move is similar to Wii Fit Trainer’s down special in execution and in the sense that it becomes less reliable if used in succession.

Unarmed Moveset:

1, 2, 3 Jab: Geno shoots little stars out of one of his unhinged arms, then the other, then both at the same time.

Rapid Jab: Geno shoots pellets out of his unhinged arm in front of him in a slight upward and downward arch.

Dash Attack: Geno slides forward while shooting little stars out of one of his unhinged arms in front of him. If Geno actually slides into an opponent while doing this the opponent is launched, otherwise this is a multi hit attack that does little damage.

Unarmed Grabs/Throws:

Grabs: For all of Geno’s unarmed grabs, Geno turns into a cannon and the opponent is stuck inside taking damage whenever you press the attack button.

Up Throw: Geno fires the opponent diagonally upward and forward dealing little damage with small launching power.

Forward Throw: Geno fires the opponent straight forward with the highest damage and launching power of any of his throws.

Backward Throw: Geno fires the opponent diagonally upwards slightly behind him allowing for combos since it has low launch power.

Down Throw: Geno fires the opponent diagonally downwards and forwards with good damage and low launch power allowing for combos.

Unarmed Tilts:

Up Tilt: Geno fires a beam diagonally upwards in front of him. Small hitbox with good damage and launch power.

Forward Tilt: Geno fires a beam forward from each unhinged arm one after the other with good damage and moderate launching power.

Down Tilt: Similar to Cloud’s down tilt except that Geno also shoots little stars at a diagonal upwards angle as he slides forward. This travels slightly farther than Cloud’s down tilt but does less damage and has little end lag.

Unarmed Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Geno points of his unhinged arms diagonally upwards behind him, then straight above him, then in front of him with a star appearing above his unhinged arm each time. This does moderate damage with good launching power.

Forward Smash: Geno charges Geno Beam and fires forwards, depending on how long he charges this move, 0-3 stars appear above Geno releasing the button at 3 stars does the most damage and has the most launch power with lower stars dealing less and less.

Down Smash: Geno uses Geno Blast casting damaging light down all around him. This does moderate damage with low launching power, but can hit multiple times.

Unarmed Aerials:

Up Air: Geno waves one unhinged arm back once and forth once in an arch above him while shooting out little stars. Low damage with moderate launching power.

Forward Air: Geno dives forward with his unhinged arms outstretched while shooting pellets out (somewhat similar to Ness’ forward air).

Back Air: Geno turns and holds one unhinged arm diagonally downwards behind him and shoots out a single star that spikes well and does moderate damage with moderate launching power.

Down Air: Geno shoots a beam straight below him. Hitting opponents at the very edge of this beam beam can spike them. This does low damage with low launching power.

Neutral Air: Geno flips 360 degrees forward while holding out one unhinged arm and shooting out pellets. Low damage and low launching power.

Unarmed Special Moves:

Neutral Special: Geno swings his arms back to be hinged thus switching back to armed stance. Essentially the same as his armed neutral special.

Up Special: I took this one from the Project M video. Geno turns into a cannon and fires himself in the direction pressed when the player releases the B button. Geno can keep moving and attacking after using this move allowing for a lot of variability in how you use his moves. This move can be aimed anywhere on a 360 degree axis.

Side Special: This is a chargeable version of Geno Beam that can be aimed on a 360 degree axis. Stars appear above Geno while charging, if the player releases B at 3 stars it does great damage with moderate launching power and lower stars deals less and less. If stars go back down to 0 or the player shields, then Geno does not fire the beam. The stars show up quickly at slightly varied random timing forcing the players to really pay attention when using this move.

Down Special: Geno uses Geno whirl. I like the idea posted on the thread about Geno throwing out a disc and timing a second hit allows the disc to deal a lot of damage and launch the opponent really far if not KO them depending on the opponents percentage, but not timing the second hit well causes it to deal rather pathetic damage with measly launching power. I’m not opposed to this being an instant kill at higher percentages as some have proposed.

Taunts:

Taunting will always change Geno back to armed stance like taunting removes any powers that Kirby has gained.

Up Taunt: Geno shrinks into just the doll while a little star rises up out of the doll and then Geno pops back to life.

Side Taunt: Geno turns with his back to the screen then tilts his head back so that his left eye is visible while holding out his left arm which has smoke rising from all of his fingertips on his left hand.

Down Taunt: Gaz shows up and is crying next to Geno and Geno turns and consoles Gaz before Gaz disappears.

Final Smash:

Geno hinges his arms if he was in unarmed stance then shoots both arms forward, if they connect, then Geno repetitively shoots both his arms at the opponents that were hit crazy fast then spins horizontally and fires a huge Geno Beam that can be tilted up or down slightly.

Second Moveset:

This moveset incorporates moves from both armed and unarmed stances and has a different neutral special attack that further allows for combos and is my attempt to give the illusion of timed hits. This is actually my preferred moveset, but I also liked the concept in the first set.

1, 2, 3 Jab: Geno kicks once forward around the opponent’s shins, then swings his head downwards in a slight arch in front of him, then ends with a gut punch.

Rapid Jab: Geno shoots pellets out of his unhinged arm in front of him in a slight upward and downward arch.

Dash Attack: Geno somersaults forward 180 degrees and twists in the air while doing so landing on his hands and facing forwards then kicks forward with both legs and quickly flips back onto his feet with some end lag.

Grabs/Throws:

Grabs: For all of Geno’s grabs, Geno turns into a cannon and the opponent is stuck inside taking damage whenever you press the attack button.

Up Throw: Geno fires the opponent diagonally upward and forward dealing little damage with small launching power.

Forward Throw: Geno fires the opponent straight forward with the highest damage and launching power of any of his throws.

Backward Throw: Geno fires the opponent diagonally upwards slightly behind him allowing for combos since it has low launch power.

Down Throw: Geno fires the opponent diagonally downwards and forwards with good damage and low launch power allowing for combos.

Tilts:

Up Tilt: Geno does a handstand and kicks upwards with good launching power and damage. This has a little start up delay and short end lag.

Forward Tilt: Geno fires a beam forward from each unhinged arm one after the other with good damage and moderate launching power.

Down Tilt: Similar to Cloud’s down tilt except that Geno also shoots little stars at a diagonal upwards angle as he slides forward. This travels slightly farther than Cloud’s down tilt but does less damage and has little end lag.

Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Geno puts his left hand on the ground and turns his body to point his other arm straight upwards and shoots his upward-facing arm straight up with a small hitbox and short range but excellent launch power and damage.

Forward Smash: Geno charges Geno Beam and fires forwards, depending on how long he charges this move, 0-3 stars appear above Geno releasing the button at 3 stars does the most damage and has the most launch power with lower stars dealing less and less.

Down Smash: Geno uses Geno Blast casting damaging light down all around him. This does moderate damage with low launching power, but can hit multiple times.

Aerials:

Up Air: Geno swings one arm in an arch above him. This move is amazing for juggling and combos.

Forward Air: Geno kicks forward with one leg then twists his lower half around horizontally to kick forward with his other leg. The second hit has greater damage and launching power.

Back Air: Geno turns and holds one unhinged arm diagonally downwards behind him and shoots out a single star that spikes well and does moderate damage with moderate launching power.

Down Air: Essentially the same as MegaMan’s down air. Geno shoots his arm straight down with moderate range and great damage with a small hitbox but great for spiking opponents.

Neutral Air: Geno flips forward 360 degrees with one leg out around in a circle damaging anything around him similar to Joker’s neutral air but with his leg instead of a knife, obviously.

Special Moves:

Neutral Special: This move can be charged very briefly and can be aimed at a 180 degree angle in front of Geno; after the button is released or the charge time is up, Geno fires one of his arms out in the direction the player was pressing when the button was released or charge time was up. Pressing B again allows Geno to fire his other arm in the same manner. Pressing B after having fired both arms pulls both arms back towards Geno dealing damage to opponents hit on the way back. If Geno’s arms hit a surface they ricochet. If Geno’s arms fall off stage they return after a short delay. This move can be incorporated into combos really easily racking up some serious damage and will be competitive players best friend as it is the core of this set and how Geno seriously puts the hurtin’ on opponents. Also, using another move after both arms have been fired has the same effect as pressing B again to call back Geno’s arms. Other moves still work the same as they normally would even if Geno has fired one of his arms. If Geno moves into the path of one of his arms, he gains that arm back and gains a damage bonus on his next attack adding yet another layer of strategy to how this move can be used.

Up Special: I took this one from the Project M video. Geno turns into a cannon and fires himself in the direction pressed when the player releases the B button. Geno can keep moving and attacking after using this move allowing for a lot of variability in how you use his moves. This move can be aimed anywhere on a 360 degree axis.

Side Special: This is a chargeable version of Geno Beam that can be aimed on a 360 degree axis. Stars appear above Geno while charging, if the player releases B at 3 stars it does great damage with moderate launching power and lower stars deals less and less. If stars go back down to 0 or the player shields, then Geno does not fire the beam. The stars show up quickly at slightly varied random timing forcing the players to really pay attention when using this move.

Down Special: Geno uses Geno whirl. I like the idea posted on the thread about Geno throwing out a disc and timing a second hit allows the disc to deal a lot of damage and launch the opponent really far if not KO them depending on the opponents percentage, but not timing the second hit well causes it to deal rather pathetic damage with measly launching power. I’m not opposed to this being an instant kill at higher percentages as some have proposed.

Taunts:

Using a taunt returns both of Geno’s arms like how taunts remove abilities that Kirby had gained.

Up Taunt: Geno shrinks into just the doll while a little star rises up out of the doll and then Geno pops back to life.

Side Taunt: Geno turns with his back to the screen then tilts his head back so that his left eye is visible while holding out his left arm which has smoke rising from all of his fingertips on his left hand.

Down Taunt: Gaz shows up and is crying next to Geno and Geno turns and consoles Gaz before Gaz disappears.

Final Smash:

Geno gets both of his arms back then shoots both arms forward, if they connect, then Geno repetitively shoots both his arms at the opponents that were hit crazy fast then spins horizontally and fires a huge Geno Beam that can be tilted up or down slightly.

Geno’s Reveal Trailer:

Geno’s reveal trailer would play off of peoples’ fears that another Fire Emblem character is inbound. It would start out with Lucina fighting a shadow Marth (or whoever really I just think their relation is more interesting). They would be battling in a castle moving between different rooms. They move into a room that appears to be a child’s room filled with toys that could have various references to Smash Bros. As their swords clash in this room, you hear a big boom and the whole castle shakes and walls start crumbling and pieces from the ceiling fall as Lucina and shadow Marth continue to fight albeit now at more unsteady footing. Through the dust you can now see the sky and a small glimmer seems to descend from the sky and settle in a toy chest as one wall totally falls away and the source of the boom is revealed to be none other than Exor! Simultaneously to Exor’s reveal, Geno springs out of the toy chest with the splash screen “Geno Stars in Smash” and pushes shadow Marth out of the opening in the Castle wall. Then both Lucina and Geno look up at Exor then at each other and strike a fighting pose as Boss Rush mode is revealed now with Exor included and online coop. Then SMRPG x Fire Emblem is revealed. And then Geno is revealed as DLC for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Then SMRPG remaster and sequel are revealed. OK maybe not all that, but one can wish upon a star right?

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
It wasn't if you were on the receiving end of a lot of it. I seriously can't believe how harshly people are taking even the slight possibility of Tracer getting into Smash. It's like we are forgetting how much **** we get for supporting Geno almost everywhere that isn't here.
I, personally, wouldn't mind Tracer. However, I would feel mildly disappointed because I think there are still better choices out there. She wouldn't be a bad choice but she feels a bit underwhelming, you know? To me, she ranks about as much as Joker; I don't know much about them but I wouldn't hate having them in. Would I be disappointed if Geno or Rayman or someone who's been asked for for quite a while didn't get in and she did? Heck yeah I would... Initially. Every one of these characters that get into Smash simply make the Smash family grow and it helps me be open to new franchises I had never considered before. I would accept Tracer after a while, even though not at the start.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'm going to go ahead and squash this now but based on recent comments made the starling isn't a hint about anything Overwatch related. I still don't know what it is but they definitely weren't hinting at that and I can confirm it 100%.
This bird is killing me Fatman

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Trust me, it's worse from my perspective. The other hints he's dropped are even more vague and he won't tell us if they're related or not. You guys have the one, our Discord potentially now has six and we only know that two of them are related but not if it's related to the starling or not. He's potentially teasing at most 5 announcements at the moment and we have absolutely no clue what he's hinting at.

It's miserably ironic. After he said he wasn't doing clues anymore, most of us said that we liked the clues, hoping that he would continue but one person probably triggered the Monkey's Paw and said they liked the VAGUE clues. I imagine that, in that moment, his eyes lit up and he thought to himself "omae was mo shinderu" and we've been nani-ing ever since.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Trust me, it's worse from my perspective. The other hints he's dropped are even more vague and he won't tell us if they're related or not. You guys have the one, our Discord potentially now has six and we only know that two of them are related but not if it's related to the starling or not. He's potentially teasing at 5 announcements and we have absolutely no clue.

It's miserably ironic. After he said he wasn't doing clues anymore, most of us said that we liked the clues, hoping that he would continue but one person probably triggered the Monkey's Paw said they liked the VAGUE clues. I imagine that, in that moment, his eyes lit up and he thought to himself "omae was mo shinderu" and we've nani-ing ever since.
Anything you think might relate to mario sunshine by chance?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Anything you think might relate to mario sunshine by chance?
No. The Sunshine thing is a whole other can of worms. Like I said the other day, not even Nintendo employees know if Nintendo meant anything by the Twitter post. It seems like a big split. Some think it's an actual hint while others chalk it up to market research but nobody knows for sure.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice
How about this? What do YOU think the pictures are hinting at? You don't need to tell us what they are. Just what you think they are. Go all out on assumptions.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Trust me, it's worse from my perspective. The other hints he's dropped are even more vague and he won't tell us if they're related or not. You guys have the one, our Discord potentially now has six and we only know that two of them are related but not if it's related to the starling or not. He's potentially teasing at most 5 announcements at the moment and we have absolutely no clue what he's hinting at.

It's miserably ironic. After he said he wasn't doing clues anymore, most of us said that we liked the clues, hoping that he would continue but one person probably triggered the Monkey's Paw and said they liked the VAGUE clues. I imagine that, in that moment, his eyes lit up and he thought to himself "omae was mo shinderu" and we've been nani-ing ever since.
Sometimes I wish I were part of this Discord if only to try to figure out what these other photo clues were

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
On the Tracer topic, I'll be quick. Geno bros, we fervently desire for the beloved Messenger to be included into the roster, but let us not shut the hopes of those who desire just as fervently for their own heroes. I will say, in regards to a Blizzard representative, I always leaned more towards the Lost Vikings trio, since back in the SNES days, they got two games. Sure, back then they may have seemed like bland characters, but each has unique skills that if incorporated as a character in Smash, it would work something similar to Pokémon Trainer (without a fourth character watching from the background).

Their play styles would be the following:

Erik the Swift: combo heavy, rushdown type character, light-weight (attacks would consist of kicks, and some range attacks).
Baleog the Fierce: The damage dealer, average speed and jump, smash attacks have highest launch rate out of the three (most attacks are with a sword).
Olaf the Stout: The tank, heavy-weight, shield gimmick similar to Link and Hero, can slow descend (most attacks are with his shield, or body).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice
How about this? What do YOU think the pictures are hinting at? You don't need to tell us what they are. Just what you think they are. Go all out on assumptions.
My best guess is Resident Evil in Smash but, like I said, it's a stretch for a lot of reasons with the biggest being he hasn't clarified if all the hints are related. If the hints aren't all related, I'm even more lost. It's like the fable of the three blind men and the elephant. Lots of things that don't relate to each other at all except in a Stretch Armstrong sense. I could post all the pictures and you all wouldn't be the wiser for it. That's where we're at right now.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
I know we're desperate for leaks post E3 but there really has to be a rule to stop believing every 4chan LARP. Yeah I know a lot of stuff gets leaked there but for every nugget of gold you get 1000 fake ****posts.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Ahhh, wouldn't be the Geno thread without people jumping to the defense of 3rd party characters who aren't Geno

I personally think that Tracer would be a horrible and offensive choice but would be par for the course for the slew of 3rd party characters who I believe don't belong in Smash :)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I know we're desperate for leaks post E3 but there really has to be a rule to stop believing every 4chan LARP. Yeah I know a lot of stuff gets leaked there but for every nugget of gold you get 1000 fake ****posts.
Hoo boy, this. The Source™ has mentioned that if he shared every rumor that passed his ears we'd probably resent him from all the bull**** we would be buried in. Of course, we don't and it's important to him that he's credible. He has emphasized this a lot. He's not a rumor mill. If he doesn't think something is credible, he won't mention it; period.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300

Do you think that whenever we get the announcements for the images, you can post them here just so we can all see how esoteric these hints are? I’d love to see what kind of **** this dude is on with these hints lol

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Do you think that whenever we get the announcements for the images, you can post them here just so we can all see how esoteric these hints are? I’d love to see what kind of **** this dude is on with these hints lol
I don't see the harm but, as all the pictures may not be from him, I'll have to ask when the time comes.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

Put all the pictures together, take the first letter of what the pictures show, rearrange those letters and they will spell out the real message:

'Frqzio.'

Ok, take the SECOND letter of each picture, turn them backwards and read them top to bottom to get the REALLY REAL message:

'Oepf4!'

Ok. I think this has something to do with making sure to drink our Ovaltine. So the bird is really.......just.....a......crummy commercial.

......son of a-.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Ahhh, wouldn't be the Geno thread without people jumping to the defense of 3rd party characters who aren't Geno

I personally think that Tracer would be a horrible and offensive choice but would be par for the course for the slew of 3rd party characters who I believe don't belong in Smash :)
I feel like that's a bit mean-spirited, isn't it? A character is just a character at the end of the day - there's nothing wrong with someone defending a choice they think would be fun in a game that is ultimately about fun and the general celebration of video games at large.

Additionally, the fact that smash talk from all walks of life will eventually come through this thread at one point or another is pretty unavoidable. We love our puppet boy in blue, but, sometimes occasional outside-discussion will trickle in. We can't really escape that.

T2by4

Smash Lord
My best guess is Resident Evil in Smash but, like I said, it's a stretch for a lot of reasons with the biggest being he hasn't clarified if all the hints are related. If the hints aren't all related, I'm even more lost. It's like the fable of the three blind men and the elephant. Lots of things that don't relate to each other at all except in a Stretch Armstrong sense. I could post all the pictures and you all wouldn't be the wiser for it. That's where we're at right now.
>resident evil

Leonbros...

Attachments

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'll also say that if Tracer's coming to Smash, it'll be another case of slipping completely under the radar like with Joker. It could happen but it would be something that would blindside basically everyone.
Wouldn't any character choice blindside everyone because nobody knows about the last two fighters?

No we knew about Joker & Eleven for quite awhile. We knew about what the hero will look like in Dragon Quest XI when the Switch was called the NX. Sure their games didn't come out until 2017, but we knew about Persona 5 back in 2013 and DQXI in 2015. That's a lot different from Xenoblade 2 and ARMS case where we only learned about them in 2017.
You do realize these games were in production before 2017 and that Sakurai has confirmed access to titles and concepts in development, right? There's no reason Sakurai couldn't see these games and decide to do something with them. Hell, that's how we got Spring Man as an assist trophy in the first place.

Yikes, this ain't it chief. No character is a horrible or offensive choice, just not for you is all.

I find it kind of funny that the Geno support thread is the group of people commenting on how other series should come before Overwatch. I don't necessarily disagree entirely (depends on what you're going for though, Overwatch isn't some niche or dying game no matter how many people will try to convince you otherwise, so it works just fine as a choice), but if any group of people had more sympathy for the series I thought it would be here where our entire support relies upon getting in before more conventional and "important" picks.

Also, really weird to see people commenting upon Overwatch's fan base like it's any more toxic than others. I mean, Smash Bros. as a fan base is already one of the most toxic fan bases in existence, so I don't think it's going to really have any noticeable change in the event Overwatch is introduced (besides, most of that game's toxicity stays contained to that game in my experience and more specifically the issues with its meta and such). Also, we already accepted the absolutely worse Sonic fan base ages ago (the worst parts of the Sonic fan base are by far the only thing I've ever come across that rivals Smash in terms of toxicity, though in very different ways). I don't really see how the "toxic fanbase" of a character or game is an issue people bring up. Doesn't really seem like a whole lot of toxicity ever actually comes with these characters (I mean, existing Smash fans get ****ty about things, but I rarely see new people come in with said toxicity) and Smash is the easiest place to ignore fans of other series when they're so many characters and franchises already in the game. Fan bases can be toxic, doesn't mean that's a reason to not include a character.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman

Im fine guys this is really fine isn't it?. Right?
Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 11.49.16 AM.png

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
>resident evil

Leonbros...
I’d prefer Leon over Jill but I have a nagging feeling it’s going to be Jill just so they can get a female in the FP and she was one of the two original playable protagonists. If I were a betting man I’d say if we do get a RE rep it’ll be Jill in her STARS uniform and the announcement trailer will pick up after the Simon/Richter announcement trailer in that spooky-ass castle.

I’m still hoping Starling is Geno though.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection was just announced.
You know what THAT means...
MEGA MAN ZERO IS THE NEXT DLC FIGHTER FOR SMASH ULTIMATE BAYBEE! :ultpacman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom