• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rak

Smash Cadet
Weird results indeed. Too many Puff and Peach players. Competitive melee might have turned permanently gay. Oh well, Brawl john's.

At least there were some sexy Falcon's in the top 10 to cancel it out.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
wow.
that was legit.
good **** to the winners
cant wait to see the resulting videos. Hopefully dojo's air plankage goes up as well. I find airplanking hilarious.

Edit: LOL @ above post. Umad?

powell651234

Smash Apprentice
Ally seems to be a much better competitor than M2K...

M2K played like somebody who was johnning to himself throughout the entire match...
whilst Ally was just going for it.

Flat out Ally >>> M2K. Ally is the king of brawl.

Nobody can question that now.

fullynick

Smash Apprentice
I think in the 2nd set of GF mango figured out armada though

maybe armada was just different and took time to get used to

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
Armada actually said he plays on NTSC. He was saying how he was so close to winning the set but mango resting his roll really got into his head. He said after that rest he wasnt sure if he could win anymore.

wiiplaya09

Smash Cadet
why would armada go fox ='( and does anyone know if ally and m2k did split the pot? otherwise rage quits aren't cool without an l r a start *control throw*

CO18

Smash Hero
DAAAMNN. Ally gave M2k the D. Only fl ddds can beat him.

Good **** to everyone. ban toon link. Shoutoutz in a bit to all my homiez.

MEU

Smash Rookie
armada repping europe well, definitely put down those who denied his potential. I didn't see the matches but how close was he to beating Mango?
I honestly wonder if anyone will ever actually beat him

Tiersie

Smash Ace
armada repping europe well, definitely put down those who denied his potential. I didn't see the matches but how close was he to beating Mango?
I honestly wonder if anyone will ever actually beat him
He beat mango in winners finals. Then lost in a two setter in the GF. I don't know the scores to the GF sets.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Armada's zero to death on Mango's puff with a stitch face will probably pop up as a couple hundred people's sigs whenever the vid comes online. Probably the best **** I've ever seen in Melee.

Armada managed to somehow fair me on yoshi's before the GO logo disappeared. He then proceeded to gimp me. That was probably the fastest I've ever been killed. Get ***** me.

I also dthrowed hbox's puff on the side and killed him. In tournament. ****.

=D

****, I got fourth.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
**** good job to Florida at this with 4 players in the top 10 (Hungrybox, Shiz, Chops, and Raistlin) even though it sucks that Shiz and Hungrybox had to fight at the end. Linguini should have gone farther too, but there is always Pound 4 lol.
It also sucks that I was told that pink shinobi ran out the time on Rockcrock to win their set in winner's bracket lol Come on it's melee we're better than that. (If I'm wrong about that than I'm sorry lol)

And of course good ****ing **** to Mango for winning it, at first I wanted someone from Florida to win, but then at the end I just wanted someone from the USA to win so thanks for that lol

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Gooooo Florida!!!

HUNGRYBOX IS PRO!!!!!!! good **** man. and to think you live 5 mins from me, lol. see you when you get back man.

raistlin, chopz, and shiz getting 9th!!!!! good job.

linguini and darksonic somewhere on there out of pools. good job to you guys too. and and rockcrock.

FLORIDA DID WELL!!!!!!

-misshiro

etecoon

Smash Hero
I suppose this kills the ban MK argument lol?
the only thing that will kill the MK ban argument is when brawl dies, too many people are too entrenched in their position on this subject to be rational, on both sides.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Mangooooooooooooooooooo

Can't wait for vids.
Also I'm curious: What was the deal with M2K and Armada's set getting stopped at 2/3 when it was supposed to be 3/5?
I don't even know if it was supposed to be 3/5. All I've heard so far is rumors and speculation.
Can anyone shed light on this?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Armada gets 17th in Brawl?

Tied with MikeHaze, CO18, Atomsk and DSF?
Outplacing Hylian, Kismet, Malcom, Sean, Leepuff, Vex, Reflex, Teba, Inui, AlphaZealot, Pierce, Hungrybox and DMG?

That's imo a much bigger upset than him getting top 3 in Melee, which a lot of us europeans actually predicted. He's clearly the best Melee player in the EU so placing top in Melee wasn't a question. But top 20 in Brawl? I know a good bunch of euopean players, who could beat Armada in Brawl (Gaki, Jumpman, Boku, Luigi Player and Serpit) ... so please don't say thet EU sucks at Brawl, when only two of our Brawl players came to Genesis, one of them outplacing a whole bunch of your top players (and the other one playing Cpt Falcon lol).

Edit @Tantalus

Yeah, you're right. But it's still not a little accomplishment. He tied with the 2nd ranked player from NJ, which is considered the strongest region in the world.

:059:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I wouldn't really consider Inui, Vex, Teba, Pierce, Hylian, and Malcolm top players for the country, maybe in their own regions

udov

Smash Cadet
Mangooooooooooooooooooo

Can't wait for vids.
Also I'm curious: What was the deal with M2K and Armada's set getting stopped at 2/3 when it was supposed to be 3/5?
I don't even know if it was supposed to be 3/5. All I've heard so far is rumors and speculation.
Can anyone shed light on this?
Well, the Genesis thread clearly says:
"Sets are best of 3 until Winners/Losers bracket Semi-finals are reached. Semi-finals to Grand Finals will be Best out of 5."

But both players thought it was 2/3 and they shook hands after Armada won 2-1. Mango and Scar were in winner finals too and it was best out of 5
Also, this link makes everything all the more confusing :ohwell:
Who knows what'd have happened if it had been 3/5 :p

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Seriously guys? Brawl vs Melee bull**** flamefest already? Grow up.
This. ****ing this.

Melee & Brawl matches were TIGHT! Multiblood ftw too.

SHOUTOUTS LATER!! ...holy crap there's gonna be a lot to remember for both of these games. Lmao, best of luck to try and remember everyone I played. LOL

Sei Shin Casios

Smash Cadet
gratz to mango for winning melee singles!
gratz to armada for an awesome second place!

gratz to m2k/ally in brawl!

but.. WTF happend there:

17. Armada (brawl singles)

in brawl? with shiek? omg PLZ..

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Clarifying the set with Armada VS Mew2king in melee

D.B.R. had special rules for genesis that included having the semi final matches be played as a 3 out of 5 set. This included winners and losers. This was clearly outlined in their OP of the Genesis thread.

From the OP:
OP said:
Sets are best of 3 until Winners/Losers bracket Semi-finals are reached. Semi-finals to Grand Finals will be Best out of 5.
However, Mew2King and Armada (the semis final bracket on one side of the bracket) were not aware of this change, and Mew2King lost his match. ChiboSempai reminded the judges that the set was supposed to be 3 of 5, but the judges determined that since the set was already finished and the players had left the station, that the match would stand, as is, and would not have 1 or 2 more games played for the set.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Armada beat me 2-1, but we both thought it was 2/3 instead of 3/5, so sidefx wouldn't let us finish the set because of that reason. I was originally gonna counterpick fox on corneria, but i didnt wanna be that gay, so I asked him to go to FD and he was like ok cuz it would be a better match that way, but then i lost anyway oh well =\. I made over 4k though so I'm pretty happy. I guess I'm good on teams from these results. Good job mango repping USA and winning, and Armada you are amazing and a really cool guy. I 3-0d Tyrant altho he didn't seem to care much, Tyrant then barely beat ADHD and Dojo in last-hit sets I think after that, then Ally I beat 3-2 first set, then he beat Tyrant 3-1, then Ally beat me in two sets I think 3-1 or something. I guess he's just better than me now. Those are just some random updates from what I remember. Fun tournament, although I do think switching between Melee and Brawl can be hard, therefore if there is another Genesis I recommend all Melee one day then all Brawl another day, kind of like at FAST1. Evo World next week wish me luck guys

Faab

Smash Ace
Congratulations to all the winners.

Special thanks to armada for repping europe, it doesn't matter if you lost in the end, you showed em that europe isn't full of noobs like 98% of the americans thought :). I also hope this will bring some americans to europe :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom