• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GENESIS July 10th-12th. ALL NEW INFO ON THE FIRST PAGE! TWITTER INFORMATION!! 7/7/09

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dbr genesis? more like dbr your mom esis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow

wow

lopp;oo;oo;p
lpllplpl
pp;lplp
lll
l
lol
llllolpol
p
ll
pllp
p;l
pl

;llo
plplop
;l;pl
p;l
;l
p;l
plll
llololo
olp
lo
pol
plo;
l
po,
plpo
pl;
plpo
pol
;l

where you at myko!

i wonder if xsyven will see this.

he doesn't like this kind of post lmao.

so i'll add some content to it:

i like metaknight i think i wanna play him more

i find myself playing to win instead of playing to be good with whatever char

i might use him a lot at this tourny good **** cocknater

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Yeah, I always feel stupid for not using MK. I always tell myself I'm going to pick up a secondary, but I'm lazy so it never happens.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol i'm here. strange....

whenever i post, it reduces my post count

i'm gonna go practice my spamming in forum games

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
This is stupid. Every single major tournament in Cali like Axis Gaming, Genesis, etc. is in NorCal instead of SoCal. I live in LA County, so to get to Sacramento, it'd take me six hours, give or take half an hour.

sadface

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
This is stupid. Every single major tournament in Cali like Axis Gaming, Genesis, etc. is in NorCal instead of SoCal. I live in LA County, so to get to Sacramento, it'd take me six hours, give or take half an hour.

sadface
in "LA country" you have a LOT more options for tourneys or smashfests.
sure, i live closer to sacromento, but there are like, no tourneys within an hour and a half of me each month.
i've always though socal has a tighter community.

Shroomed

Smash Master

sadface
hey, stop crying and dont go then

at least ur not OOS so quit ur *****in
socal has plenty of local tourneys, unlike everywhere else

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
perma ban andre...

dajuan, calm yourself.
not everyone knows what it's like to have missed out on the entirety of melee's glory years.
LOL

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion

sadface
Winter Game Fest in SD man.

Zoap

Smash Master

sadface

You do know that up until Brawl's release that every major melee tournament held in California excluding TG's and ONE MLG(SF) was held in Southern California. And this isn't in Sacramento, its and hour and half south.

Sleepy

Smash Ace

sadface
only problem with that is, most of so cal doesn't have some large venue to use, or it's very costly.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
only problem with that is, most of so cal doesn't have some large venue to use, or it's very costly.
thats a universal californian problem. its not like norcal has ridiculously cheaper venues then socal.

i think it's just a coincidence that a lotta big tourneys have been held in norcal lately.

like no one knew who AXIS was before the tournament. same w/ BIO and WCSL. it's just locals stepping their GAME up. except for DBR, they're just legit.

yay for RANDOM capitalization.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
12146 posts x 30 seconds per post / 60 seconds / 60 minutes = 101 hours of constant spamming to go below zero

i would definitely be perma banned before this happened

i am very bitter about smashboards lately

and aib is not exciting enough cuz i dont know anyone, only the reno thread is good

i'd like to stay acquainted with the melee community, but it's different without being able to have presence in every thread since i dont see a point in lurking them anymore lol

oh well

if theres a tournament, i guess miztik/lumpy/macd will tell me about it

knuttz45

Smash Ace
gsninja said:

sadface.
try being 8 hours in between any OOS or our Nothern community... :/ ...only to be seperated by closed roads and snow for 1-3 months throughout the year...

pockyD

Smash Legend
...then get tickets

i find it hard to believe that if you're investing 300 dollars in plane tickets (i have no idea where you live btw), if it came down to it, you wouldn't be willing to drop 30 on sharing a hotel for a few days in a worst case scenario

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
at this point not many people have things set in stone. If you really want answers on the tournament you should probably contact the hosts. I believe the contact info is in the first post.

Top Bottom