• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 2 Info Dump!: Pre-Genesis; players are arriving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lit

Smash Ace
They should of made this a 4 day event, it would of been a lot smoother...

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
Updated based on what you guys said:

1. Lovage (5-2) (11-6)
2. Scar (4-3) (8-8)
3. PPU (3-2) (7-4)
4. Wobbles (2-2) (6-4)
5. Axe (2-2) (5-5)
6. Alex19 (2-2) (4-5)
7. Bob$ (0-2) (1-5)
8. Nizro (0-3) (0-6)

PPU hasn't played with Bob$ and Scar
Wobbles hasn't played with Bob$, Nizroo and PPU
Axe hasn't played with Alex19, Bob$ and Nizro
Alex19 hasn't played with Axe, Bob$ and Nizro
Bob$ hasn't played with Alex19, Ace, Nizro, PPU and Wobbles
Nizro hasn't played with Alex19, Axe, Bob$ and Wobbles
I dont have set wins losses, but mine looks like this:

Lovage 9-6
Scar 8-6
PPU 7-4
Wobbles 6-4
Axe 5-5
Alex 4-7
Bob$ 1-2
Nizro 0-6

I KNOW thats right after a certain amount of games, i just dont know how many more I have missed. CAN WE GET UPDATES PLEASE?

Paju

Smash Journeyman
I dont have set wins losses, but mine looks like this:

Lovage 9-6
Scar 8-6
PPU 7-4
Wobbles 6-4
Axe 5-5
Alex 4-7
Bob$ 1-2
Nizro 0-6

I KNOW thats right after a certain amount of games, i just dont know how many more I have missed. CAN WE GET UPDATES PLEASE?
I have taken the results on TIO file which looks like this.

If someone knows more than what I have in there please tell me and I will update it!

Jun.

Smash Lord
In conclusion:

Go to tourneys and seeing and recording all the hype > Watching/Setting up streams
Do you realize some of us lead lives outside of smash and have things like work, school, and possibly family members to take care of? Technology and streams are supposed to bridge this gap between the people that weren't able to make it out.

I would have gone to the venue months before the event and test out their internet myself! Did they not learn something from taking peoples word from last time! TO's messed up bad on this one!
What Atlus said.

IIRC they had "test streams" running a before Genesis... Shouldn't the "test streams" "test" the internet at the venue? One simple question to the venue management such as : "oh what kind of speeds are we going to get?" or just a trip down there and going to speedtest.net would have raised flags.

Since the TO's hyped the living hell out of this tournament, I believe that it should have been their responsibility to make sure the stream (which caters to the entire world, an audience much greater than the audience at the venue) works properly. Imagine how the foreign smashers' communities feel about this... No johns G2

Wake

Smash Master
So if I'm reading that right... there's a chance Axe may not make it out? Wow...
Yeah I was wondering the same thing too... that'll be such a huge upset if he doesn't make it to bracket. Not to mention how brutal pools must be for something like that to happen.

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
So if I'm reading that right... there's a chance Axe may not make it out? Wow...
Technically there is but it would be super unlikely, as long as he wins the rest of his matches 2-0 that is. If he loses 1 more chances are hes out. Idk about if he 2-1s, that would depend on if PPU loses to wobbles

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Technically there is but it would be super unlikely, as long as he wins the rest of his matches 2-0 that is. If he loses 1 more chances are hes out. Idk about if he 2-1s, that would depend on if PPU loses to wobbles
Yeah... just looking it's gonna be much closer than usual for him... hope he can avoid dropping any games.

Engo

Smash Ace
Since the TO's hyped the living hell out of this tournament, I believe that it should have been their responsibility to make sure the stream (which caters to the entire world, an audience much greater than the audience at the venue) works properly. Imagine how the foreign smashers' communities feel about this... No johns G2
I'm pretty sure their priority is on giving the people who attended a good tourney not the ones on stream however many there are.

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... just looking it's gonna be much closer than usual for him... hope he can avoid dropping any games.
Yeah, i just dont see him losing to Alex, bob (though he is playing good, axe vs. marth is ****), and nizro. Idk though these upsets O.o I really wanna know about alex, he seems like he has the best chance

Karibola

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure their priority is on giving the people who attended a good tourney not the ones on stream however many there are.
Well then they shouldn't have turned down free help with streaming/recording and insisted they will be doing it themselves.

Composeur

Smash Ace
Well, they're pretty ****ing short-sighted, then, aren't they? God forbid they plan enough to do both. ("*&%")$(*)!

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
maybe im confused, but how could ajp do anything to make internet work better? if i'm not wrong, stop harping on an issue that has nothing to do with what you're mad about

also, you guys should quit whining about what the to's should have done for you guys, what stagnates a community is a tournament not dedicating itself to being a good experience for all involved. their priorities are straight, things unfortunately happened, but its a million times better to have this problem than to have 1 round of pools to a 128 man bracket, or a tournament with no prize money whatsoever (genesis 1 and pound v, respectively)

i wouldnt say the smash tournament community has progressed in years, and no tournaments were ever livestreamed back in the best days

Engo

Smash Ace
Well, they're pretty ****ing short-sighted, then, aren't they? God forbid they plan enough to do both. ("*&%")$(*)!
I'm pretty sure they would like give a good tourney to both those who attended and those in the stream, and we should expect them to try to do both, but I was commenting on Jun's post where he almost makes it seem like because there are more people watching on stream than there at the tourney that it should matter more than everything else and I disagree with this.

Jun.

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure they would like give a good tourney to both those who attended and those in the stream, and we should expect them to try to do both, but I was commenting on Jun's post where he almost makes it seem like because there are more people watching on stream than there at the tourney that it should matter more than everything else and I disagree with this.
you sir, lack common sense. Nowhere in my post did I ever mention the stream to be a bigger priority than running the tournament itself. My remarks were solely about the lack of the stream. I suggest you go reread my post without the intention of misinterpreting it which resulted in a very cliche and needless response.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Wow Axe going from finishing 4th at Pound to possibly not making out of the pools? Damn that's insane, hopefully he start's to pick it up.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
dont call me son, grunt, i went to mlg's

i dont know about tv but i know you could pay $20 a year to watch the streams, im sure if we all paid for this then there would be no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom