• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule ,Skyloft, Akaneia, Tellius, Ylisse, Magvel
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
Oh so we're going to share our most wanted DLC characters, eh? Well here goes nothing:

1. Dixie Kong
2. Andy, Sami or any other Advance War character.
3.Spyro
4. Phantom R
5. Zael
6. A Persona character
7. A classic Fire Emblem Character. Could be anyone from games 2,4-10, but I'm expecting Hector, Lyn and Ephraim the most.
8. Sceptile
9. Fiora or any other Xenoblade character
10. Adeleine

Highlighted Dixie Kong to high heavens because she's the only character in my entire list that actually has a chance. No Cloud could save the other nine characters from obscure character hell.

Anyway, like always I'm going to keep my expectations low. I'm assuming that we'll be getting only popular characters since this is DLC, but you'll never know with Sakurai.
YES
A classic Fire Emblem character. Ever since I played Radiant Dawn I wanted Micaiah or Sothe in Smash. I want Hector and Ephraim too from the GBA FE games, because they wield weapons different from swords. Plus Micaiah would be pure magic.
I kinda doubt another FE character in Smash 4, since we already have 5 characters, but I could be wrong.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
-Midna or Impa (Hyrule Warriors and no new Zelda reps in smash 4)
-Bayonetta (Can't think of a reason she is not already on the roster other than nudity which can be toned down)
-Shantae (Never played the games but she looks interesting as has a lot of support behind her already.)
-Weavile or Sceptile (Pokken)
-Sora (highly requested and kingdom hearts III coming fairy soon but could cause issues because of Disney owning character rights)
-Naruto or Boruto honestly wouldn't surprise me at this point. Ryu comes from the very popular Street Fighter series and Cloud was in Dissidia, which is another popular fighting game for final fantasy characters. Naruto is already on the wii so it's not that big of a stretch.
-Chrom because it makes no sense to do it and thus a perfect Sakurai thing to do.

I am content with just having Cloud next week so any extra newcomers is a bonus.

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
-Midna or Impa (Hyrule Warriors and no new Zelda reps in smash 4)
-Bayonetta (Can't think of a reason she is not already on the roster other than nudity which can be toned down)
-Shantae (Never played the games but she looks interesting as has a lot of support behind her already.)
-Weavile or Sceptile (Pokken)
-Sora (highly requested and kingdom hearts III coming fairy soon but could cause issues because of Disney owning character rights)
-Naruto or Boruto honestly wouldn't surprise me at this point. Ryu comes from the very popular Street Fighter series and Cloud was in Dissidia, which is another popular fighting game for final fantasy characters. Naruto is already on the wii so it's not that big of a stretch.
-Chrom because it makes no sense to do it and thus a perfect Sakurai thing to do.

I am content with just having Cloud next week so any extra newcomers is a bonus.
Chrom should have been in Smash 4 instead of Lucina. No disrespect to Lucy at all but Chrom got disrespected in my opinion. Just because he's built similar to Ike doesn't mean he's a carbon copy. And then Sakurai puts Lucina in

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My predictions for this Direct because wynaut...
we will get three characters released (including :4cloud:) with possibly :wolf: and (at least I'm thinking) :snake:... makes for a solid lineup

And we may get 3 characters coming throughout next year (last one of which revealed/announced at e3) which would end up being Ballot characters (my predictions are K Rool, Inklings, & Banjo & Kazooie)...would be a pretty hype final three for DLC IMO...

just keep in mind I'm basing my predictions off of Sakurai's promise of 'fan-service' DLC...

Of course if I was basing this on my own bias Midna would be one of the choices, given the overall demand for a new Zelda character/Zelda's 30th Anniversary/Midna's currently increasing popularity and relevance/her insane moveset potential/amoung other things....but not holding my breathe...
(assist trophy I cry every time T_T)

Regardless of what happens, if I'm right or wrong, I am forecasting Cloudy skies on For Glory after this Broadcast!!!

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'm wondering why everybody's pinning for Simon Belmont when in a similar situation we got Cloud over a character from FF1-6. Alucard is probably who'll get in and not Simon. Maybe Richter since his game was so popular...

And Alucard, unlike Cloud, has had appearances that were more then just cameos on Nintendo systems. He also has a lot more moveset potential then a Belmont. Belmonts have really vanilla moves and items, like a whip (been done in Smash already) projectiles, projectiles, and something that'd end up as a Leaf Shield rip-off. Alucard has all of that and every other awesome or ridiculous weapon used in the series. (While he hasn't strictly used every weapon Soma has it wouldn't be out of place either, unlike with the remotely possible Belmonts.) I'm not sure how to give him a really super awesome unique moveset that Sakurai is known for, but I can't help but think they'd implement backdashing as an important aspect of the character. Since it's basically a backwards wavedash it's not like it'd be useless.

Also found it funny how when the Gamexplain guys did their Minecraft discussion Andre said Steve was a pretty likely candidate for Smash, even though he's clearly not a fan. :p

Burruni

Smash Hero
In this final stretch I'm coming to terms that the few characters I'm really attached to probably just wont make it. Issac, banjo, midna and tetra just dont quite make the cut.

However, i am hopeful that something tetris comes our way, like a stage. Maybe even tetrinimos as a character.

Whatever happened with that dr mario stage anyway?

Hyped for the final direct. I'll be taking off from work early to catch it live
The virus data found on the Smash 4 WiiU disc suggested a Dr. Mario stage in which Viruses would be enemies/bosses that was never finished.

Then around august people tried to make a fake leak for Great Bay and the Dr. Mario stage.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I'm wondering why everybody's pinning for Simon Belmont when in a similar situation we got Cloud over a character from FF1-6. Alucard is probably who'll get in and not Simon. Maybe Richter since his game was so popular...

And Alucard, unlike Cloud, has had appearances that were more then just cameos on Nintendo systems. He also has a lot more moveset potential then a Belmont. Belmonts have really vanilla moves and items, like a whip (been done in Smash already) projectiles, projectiles, and something that'd end up as a Leaf Shield rip-off. Alucard has all of that and every other awesome or ridiculous weapon used in the series. (While he hasn't strictly used every weapon Soma has it wouldn't be out of place either, unlike with the remotely possible Belmonts.) I'm not sure how to give him a really super awesome unique moveset that Sakurai is known for, but I can't help but think they'd implement backdashing as an important aspect of the character. Since it's basically a backwards wavedash it's not like it'd be useless.

Also found it funny how when the Gamexplain guys did their Minecraft discussion Andre said Steve was a pretty likely candidate for Smash, even though he's clearly not a fan. :p
But....Andre wasn't even in the Minecraft Discussion.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Simon Belmont makes more sense because he's basically the face of the series. He’s a reoccurring protagonist, he was in Captain N (lol), he was the main character in Judgment, and he’s the Castlevania representative in crossovers like DreamMix TV World Fighters and Konami Wai Wai World. He's the Marth of Castlevania, really.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
If Goku's an impossibility because he started as a Manga character.
Why is Naruto not surprising when Goku outshines in Star Power and Popularity? If we're going to talk on "not that big of a stretch," how about Budokai Tenkaichi 3 being on Wii U and Extreme Budokai on 3DS?

And Super being current and continuing while Naruto's closed itself off?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chrom should have been in Smash 4 instead of Lucina. No disrespect to Lucy at all but Chrom got disrespected in my opinion. Just because he's built similar to Ike doesn't mean he's a carbon copy. And then Sakurai puts Lucina in
To be fair, the carbon-copy thing wasn't really said in the Japanese verison. The localized Guidances took a lot of liberties and were actually much harsher to Chrom than the Japanese version.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
But....Andre wasn't even in the Minecraft Discussion.
Er, Derrick.

Simon Belmont makes more sense because he's basically the face of the series. He’s a reoccurring protagonist, he was in Captain N (lol), he was the main character in Judgment, and he’s the Castlevania representative in crossovers like DreamMix TV World Fighters and Konami Wai Wai World. He's the Marth of Castlevania, really.
Castlevania Judgement was... Not good? Don't remember hearing nice things about it, and I believe it wasn't by the main CV team. Then there's CV: Harmony of Despair which had Alucard along with Soma and Shanoa as the focus of all the promotional material, whereas Simon was released much later as DLC.

I mean, SotN changed a genre and the series. Besides a retro throwback on Wiiware and a PSP remake they were all Metroidvanias after that, if I remember correctly.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I saw the prospect of a Xenoblade X character mentioned. Honestly, I don't see it. Elma is the most likely of the cast and she just doesn't have raw popularity like most other candidates. If people want to play the "Too Soon" card for Inklings I'll definitely call it to be mentioned here as well. Xenoblade's expansion looking forward hinges more on an "X-2" before Smash 5. Hopefully THAT X-2 won't be fanservice cosplay fest with the underlying themes of a jrpg.
To be fair, unlike Splatoon, Xenoblade is an actual franchise since it has 2 games under it's belt with more to come (Even more if you wanna count the other Xeno games)

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
To be fair, the carbon-copy thing wasn't really said in the Japanese verison. The localized Guidances took a lot of liberties and were actually much harsher to Chrom than the Japanese version.
Oh really? What did the **** say about my boy
The thing about Chrom not making it into Smash 4, I think its because he didn't get as much spotlight as other FE Lords like Marth and Ike. There was focus on him, but it was revolving around Robin throughout Awakening and Lucina's future paradox time situation. So Chrom didn't get as much shine, so thats why people say he's a bland character. But I still think he should have been in, especially over Lucina.

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
If Goku's an impossibility because he started as a Manga character.
Why is Naruto not surprising when Goku outshines in Star Power and Popularity? If we're going to talk on "not that big of a stretch," how about Budokai Tenkaichi 3 being on Wii U and Extreme Budokai on 3DS?

And Super being current and continuing while Naruto's closed itself off?
I never said anything about Goku not being an option? Don't put other peoples words in my mouth. As far as Naruto "closing itself off" They just had a new movie a couple of months ago and a new series is coming based on the new generation of ninjas so...

Edit: Don't bother replying to this because i'm not interested and it's going off topic.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Really? What did they say to my boy
The thing about Chrom not making it into Smash 4, I think its because he didn't get as much spotlight as other FE Lords like Marth and Ike. There was focus on him, but it was revolving around Robin throughout Awakening and Lucina's future paradox time situation. So Chrom didn't get as much shine, so thats why people say he's a bland character. But I still think he should have been in, especially over Lucina.
Essentially similar things, but toned down. "You'd probably overlap with Ike" as opposed to "You and Ike would just be carbon copies" and such, and the "We know you're trying to play the hero, and all but Robin needs the Smash Ball to call you in" was originally "You're saying some pretty heroic lines, but you can only join if Robin gets the Smash Ball" as another example. Over all the original Japanese version was far less snarky and sarcastic.

That's honestly why even though I'm still slightly bitter about Chrom's exclusion, I hate the idea that "Sakurai hates Chrom" when it's pretty clear he doesn't, when looking at the Japanese version. The fact that he even had a moveset planned out for him despite him not making the cut cements that more for me.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
My current favorite concept for a FE newcomer is Tiki, but with a moveset designed to accomodate Corrin as an alt.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I want another FE character, but I'm really afraid of the backlash the series would get it we were to get another character for DLC. As much as I don't want to say this: Save FE characters for Smash 5. Not only will there inevitably be another FE game where we would have actual characters to choose from, but I also think that Sakurai or whoever is in charge of the Smash 5 roster will probably cut a few characters due to complaints. Really, like FE doesn't have any characters worth adding at this point. They're all subjected to relevancy and demand, things that I doubt any FE character at this point will overcome.

Also, I have an idea, although it is pretty much a pipe dream; I can't see it happening at all. What if we had some Lords playable through skins? Ex: An Alm or Leif skin for Marth, an Eirika skin for Lucina, etc.

The Novice Sword

Smash Apprentice
Personally I'm hoping that the 15th direct will be the release of Cloud alongside the return of Wolf and Snake. Then the teaser for a few newcomer characters drawn from the ballot results (2 - 3 maybe?) slated for an April/May 2016 release.

I think that this being the last dedicated Smash direct doesn't mean the end of Smash 4 content or even Smash information in future general directs. My hopes for the future are bright!

On the subject of FE characters I'm firmly in the Anna for Smash camp. I'd also be cool with Tiki. Anyone else I'm not as familiar with (being a new FE fan), but I'd probably still be fairly excited for them.

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
Essentially similar things, but toned down. "You'd probably overlap with Ike" as opposed to "You and Ike would just be carbon copies" and such, and the "We know you're trying to play the hero, and all but Robin needs the Smash Ball to call you in" was originally "You're saying some pretty heroic lines, but you can only join if Robin gets the Smash Ball" as another example. Over all the original Japanese version was far less snarky and sarcastic.

That's honestly why even though I'm still slightly bitter about Chrom's exclusion, I hate the idea that "Sakurai hates Chrom" when it's pretty clear he doesn't, when looking at the Japanese version. The fact that he even had a moveset planned out for him despite him not making the cut cements that more for me.
Yeah. Chrom got disrespected... :/

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
If we were going to get another FE character, it would have to be somebody other than a swordsmen. I've been the longest supporter of Tiki and Ephraim, they both represent an aspect of Fire Emblem the current FE characters in smash can't. Particularly Tiki, who has been in the more (I think) Fire Emblem games than any other character. She would also represents Manaketes, which represents a big part of the FE series and provides a source for a creative moveset.

Like Lady Kuki Lady Kuki said though, any new character would probably face backlash. And it's understandable, the amount of space they take up in the roster doesn't match up with the importance of the franchise compared to others. It's just so easy to pick character from FE since there are so many of them.

----------------------------------------------

On a side note about Chrom, I don't know why but I'm honestly okay with Lucina being there instead. I don't know if it's the difference in their build, but Chrom as a clone of Marth doesn't sit well with me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll just post my overall views on the impact of relevance and what I think it means in a more organized manner. Reply any concerns you have with my argument overall. I'm probably not clarifying it well.

FYI this doesn't have much to do with Banjo as much as it has to do with Third Parties in general. I should really ease on the Banjo detraction anyway :upsidedown:
Well,I suppose we'll find out in 6 days anyway

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Speaking of Fire Emblem and Tiki, I honestly feel like and am a bit scared honestly that Tiki has a relatively high chance of making it. I mean, she's a very relevant and is a recurring character in her franchise, Fire Emblem's being pushed by Nintendo, and Sakurai has a potential bias for Fire Emblem. Also, while her voter base is only around top 30-40, there seemed to me that there's a pretty large amount of voter fraud for her, like a few people stated they voted for the character 30+ times, and that's just the stuff we're seeing, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to say her numbers in the ballot are at least double or even triple what they would have been without the fraudulent activity, then again it's just a hunch of mine, maybe her voter fraud isn't that much compared to everyone else and I'm just experiencing confirmation bias.I swear though, if the ballot results are released and Tiki's somehow top 10 then someone cheated.

Anyways, regardless of fraud, along with how popular, relevant, important, and unique the character is, I think Sakurai would have some real incentive to consider her.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Finally! A light at the end of the tunnel. This was a brutal wait compared to most having so much of the "in the dark" factor. But we're here, Wooo!

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Yeah. Chrom got disrespected... :/
Ah-ha, but who got disrespected more?
Chrom, Or Ridley?

THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT~

FIIIIIIIIIIIGH-oh wait, nevermind~ ;)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Guys, I will admit, if Banjo is confirmed, I will probably ugly cry. I'm 28 but I have no shame in admitting that. If my 35 year old cousin was allowed to shed some tears over Cloud's confirmation, I will definitely squeeze some out for the bird and bear pair. It would kind of go along with the "theme" of most of the third party additions in this game anyways. Megaman, Street Fighter, and Final Fantasy once being big Nintendo icons before jumping ship to other companies and freakin' RARE, Nintendo's golden child of the 90's, would definitely fall into this theme.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I found a little odd that Chrom's VA also joined into the mocking, to be honest.

-------------------------

The FE characters I really supported were Lyn, Anna and Roy, and Tiki being a distant fourth. Roy got in with much fanfare, but Lyn is probably forever doomed to be an assist trophy and RIP Project M 4.0. At least she got a good model upgrade from Brawl.

Anna shows promise though.

:231:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Guys, I will admit, if Banjo is confirmed, I will probably ugly cry. I'm 28 but I have no shame in admitting that. If my 35 year old cousin was allowed to shed some tears over Cloud's confirmation, I will definitely squeeze some out for the bird and bear pair. It would kind of go along with the "theme" of most of the third party additions in this game anyways. Megaman, Street Fighter, and Final Fantasy once being big Nintendo icons before jumping ship to other companies and freakin' RARE, Nintendo's golden child of the 90's, would definitely fall into this theme.
My two personal options are Fulgore(although Jago is fine too cause Killer Instinct) and Master Chief. But all 4 mentioned characters(that includes Banjo & Kazooie) have tons of moveset potential.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
At this point I really don't care how much moveset potential a character has. I'm pretty sure at this point anybody has moveset potential. It shouldn't boost their chances at all. Hell, Sakurai could even make a moveset for a stick of tofu! Wouldn't mean it would be a good choice though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, we know that at least two new characters are coming along with Cloud thanks to the data mining back in the summer but there could possibly be even more thanks to the mysterious, giant (and heavily encrypted) data dump a few months ago. One of the characters is definitely going to be a bigger deal than Cloud (which is a statement in itself) and I wouldn't be surprised if at least one more veteran was thrown into the mix too.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
On that note, I'll bring this up, since it's always fun to discuss, mainly from how, in my opinion, under-discussed it is. As unlikely as it is to happen, what would be your reaction to Henry Fleming? Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. may not have sold too well, but Sakurai is a fan of strategy games, so I wouldn't say it's impossible that he'd see potential and go with it, but still. How would you react? How would you like to see it done?
Reaction to him being Smash DLC or as a newcomer to Smash 5?

If the latter, I'd be okay. Not really caring all that much, though the concept of a character balancing mobility with fire power via his steam mechanic surely is interesting. I'm not really a big fan of Codename STEAM. Didn't really enjoy the demo.

People are going to hella disappointed if Cloud's the main thing.
This is the Smash fanbase. There was always going to be people disappointed no matter what. Heck, there were people disappointed in Ryu and there was a lot of hate for Pac-Man of all characters.

Issac I don't think has a chance in the ballot because GS is pretty old, the last game killed it off, and to top it off Camealot has gone on the record multiple times to say that they'd rather make Mario Sports games because they're easier to make and actually sell.
Source?
The only thing I recall them saying in regards to GS's future is that a 4th one is possible

A big reason for us making RPGs comes from the requests from all the people who have enjoyed our RPGs in the past. Perhaps if there are enough Nintendo users asking for another game in the Golden Sun series, then this will naturally lead to the development of such a game.
Speaking personally from the perspective of the story, I think that honestly it may not be so likely because Golden Sun really requires a full effort to be put in. But of course, if there are enough people saying that we really must create another game, then we may just have to listen to them. Still, you would need to give me a bit of time to work on ideas for the story before we could release a fourth game in the series.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I mean, hate to a be a downer, but BK is pretty obscure by all definitions. The ballot is going to play a part, this is right on the heels of Cloud, the presentation was announced a month in advance and even has what I believe to be the biggest gap between the announcement of the date and the day of, and they're hyping this up as the final presentation. Unless BK is getting in alongside the real hype character (as in, over Wolf, which I wouldn't say can't happen but it's pointing to him pretty hard) they're probably not getting in at all.

People are expectating Nintendo to give us a huge character, and Nintendo's fuelling the fire. We're well beyond rinky-dink characters like BK or Shantae.

This is the Smash fanbase. There was always going to be people disappointed no matter what. Heck, there were people disappointed in Ryu and there was a lot of hate for Pac-Man of all characters.
People hate every character included. It's about finding the character with the largest audience, regardless of controversy.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
27 here, Banjo will always be such an important run for me. His addition would be something really special. I wouldn't normally wish for someone else to be shedding tears, but in this case I really hope you get your ugly cry.

ccthirteen

Smash Apprentice
6. Gengar
Funny you suggested this. I had an idea the other day that was pretty funny regarding this inclusion. Include the character as Ghastly, evolving into Haunter with a charge attack or over time, then evolving to Gengar if you trade blows with someone. Hahaha.

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Speaking of Fire Emblem and Tiki, I honestly feel like and am a bit scared honestly that Tiki has a relatively high chance of making it. I mean, she's a very relevant and is a recurring character in her franchise, Fire Emblem's being pushed by Nintendo, and Sakurai has a potential bias for Fire Emblem. Also, while her voter base is only around top 30-40, there seemed to me that there's a pretty large amount of voter fraud for her, like a few people stated they voted for the character 30+ times, and that's just the stuff we're seeing, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to say her numbers in the ballot are at least double or even triple what they would have been without the fraudulent activity, then again it's just a hunch of mine, maybe her voter fraud isn't that much compared to everyone else and I'm just experiencing confirmation bias.I swear though, if the ballot results are released and Tiki's somehow top 10 then someone cheated.

Anyways, regardless of fraud, along with how popular, relevant, important, and unique the character is, I think Sakurai would have some real incentive to consider her.
Don't worry bro, it's all in your head. In the end, Tiki IS another FE character. While she has fans and relevancy to back her up, I can't see her getting in due to complaints about how there's too many FE fighters. Besides, any character has potential voter fraud behind them, I mean every online poll is going to have those.

Also, it's probably just me, but I feel that while she is a unique choice for a FE character, I have no clue how Sakurai is going to make her work. In her games, all she does is use a stone and turn into a dragon. I think Sakurai could draw move set ideas from SMTxFE if possible, but I dunno if Tiki has enough stuff from that game to make her a fully-fledged fighter.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I found a little odd that Chrom's VA also joined into the mocking, to be honest.
It wasn't even really in a mocking way in the Japanese version; it was more like he was hamming it up. Basically instead of "You'll face the bitterness of defeat...right after Robin gets the Smash Ball," it was more like "Please get the Smash Ball, Robin!" with a shakier voice. :p
I'm not really a big fan of Codename STEAM. Didn't really enjoy the demo.
Was that pre- or post-patch? Just curious.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
I want another FE character, but I'm really afraid of the backlash the series would get it we were to get another character for DLC. As much as I don't want to say this: Save FE characters for Smash 5. Not only will there inevitably be another FE game where we would have actual characters to choose from, but I also think that Sakurai or whoever is in charge of the Smash 5 roster will probably cut a few characters due to complaints. Really, like FE doesn't have any characters worth adding at this point. They're all subjected to relevancy and demand, things that I doubt any FE character at this point will overcome.

Also, I have an idea, although it is pretty much a pipe dream; I can't see it happening at all. What if we had some Lords playable through skins? Ex: An Alm or Leif skin for Marth, an Eirika skin for Lucina, etc.
As a Pokémon and Sonic fan that wants more characters from those series, I completely understand how you feel.

Personally, I don't care about Fire Emblem or it's characters but I wouldn't mind if they were to make another FE character. As long as it's not another Marth,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom