• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Legend of Zelda Rep Support Thread

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Important character for the series
Is relevant
Appears in many tittles
Huge moveset potential
Is very very popular

View attachment 233706
Some more bonus fighters are always welcomed imo, and to be honest I wouldn't mind seeing a loz enemy as one. Maybe one from BotW or the Link's Awakening remake would be good.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I wrote up a moveset for Mipha. She's my personal pick of the Champions if any of them got in Smash, mainly because a character with a healing move sounds really interesting to me.

Concept:
Mipha isn't shown to do much fighting in Breath of the Wild, but we do know two things about her abilities. She wields a trident, has exceptional strength and swimming skills even for her species, and has the unique ability to heal. Being able to heal in Smash Bros is a VERY strong effect, so her moveset will be based around spacing the opponent out with her long disjointed trident, while having a special move she can use to slowly restore her health. Her general moveset has to be weaker by default to compensate for such a massively powerful move, though.

Stats:
She's rather slow on the ground, but has above average air speed. In general she's not very fast, making it easy to pressure her. Weight is slightly below average.

Normals:
As she hasn't been shown doing much fighting, her attacks will be mostly based on how Link wields spears in BotW, as well as just general trident attacks. A lot of her moves using the trident will be comparable in speed/range with Simon/Richter, albeit her attacks will be slightly slower.

Jab- A quick punch with her free hand, followed by a quick palm of her other hand, hitting with the bar of the trident, finishing off with an elbow to knock the opponent away.
F-Tilt- A decently long ranged jab with the trident.
U-Tilt- She swats upward with the tailend of her head.
D-Tilt- Pokes at the floor, can trip opponents.

Dash Attack- She lunges forward with the trident stretched out as far as possible. Relatively weak but fantastic range. References BotW spear running attack.

N-Air- She hits behind her with the back of the trident, which combos into a front hit with the fork.
F-Air- Long range poke forward with the trident.
B-Air- Relatively long startup as she turns the trident around, with a strong thrust backward.
U-Air- She pokes upward and spins in a circle, multihit move.
D-Air- A "divekick" type move, with the trident facing down and in front of her as she travels in that direction.

F-Smash- A flurry of trident stabs, followed by a finisher with insane range. References the BotW spear charge attack.
U-Smash- Summoning the power of Vah Ruta, she sends a pillar of water upward. After the initial hit, weaker multihit rain falls down to protect her during the long endlag.
D-Smash- She stabs the trident into the ground, creating a large splash of water around her.

Grab- Standard one-handed grab. Her pummel is unique in that it deals no damage to the opponent, instead healing Mipha for a small amount (<1%) per pummel.
U-Throw/B-Throw- She tosses the opponent upward/backward
F-Throw- She stabs the trident into them, hurtling them forward. Can kill at high% close to the ledge.
D-Throw- She drops them on the ground and jabs them with the back of her trident, sends at a low angle for tech-chase.

Specials:
Up Special- Waterfall Climb
Similar to Squirtle's Up B, she swims up a "waterfall" that she summons in front of her. Goes straight up and can't be angled, but has a lot more vertical distance than Squirtle's recovery. Great OoS option.

Neutral Special- Mipha's Grace
Mipha Holds her hand against her chest, slowly healing herself at a constant rate. Heals about 1% per second, done 0.2% at a time. There's a small startup before the healing takes effect. This move can be cancelled by jumping, shielding, or pressing the button again like certain charging moves, (Cloud Limit, etc.) but only after you have been healing for at least a second. This move can't be jump-cancelled midair, but can be cancelled with an airdodge.

Side Special- Swim Attack
Mipha launches herself forward while spinning, covered in water, as a reference to the spin attack Link can do while swimming with Zora Armor in BotW. Functions similarly to Meta Knight's side B, but can't be angled up or down. When used on the ground, Mipha will swim through the ground (similar to Inkling, kinda) and the move will be much stronger.

Down Special- Vah Ruta's Rain
Mipha calls upon Vah Ruta for help, which summons a rain cloud above her. The rain cloud will travel forward very slowly in whatever direction Mipha is facing when she summons it. The rain deals no knockback, but deals decent damage to enemies who stand in it too long. The cloud dissipates after a few seconds.

Taunts:
Up Taunt- Mipha bashfully turns away from the camera, closing her eyes.
Side Taunt- Mipha lays down and floats on a water spout that appears beneath her.
Down Taunt- Mipha smiles to the camera, showing off her shark teeth- before Sidon pops up behind her and does the same.

Final Smash: Divine Beast's Laser
Mipha swings her trident forward to catch anyone in front of her, then jumping onto Vah Ruta and shooting a giant laser beam at everyone unfortunate enough to be hit by the attack.

I'm probably gonna make one for Urbosa, and maybe Daruk too. Lemme know what you think!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I recently ripped A Link Between Worlds and am currently crafting up a moveset for Ganon.
ganonjojo.png

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
I want Midna in with Skull Kid now.
This, this, a thousand times, THIS!!!!!!!!!! And one more this for good measure!

Although imagine if for the last SSBU dlc, they did a “We are the Champions!” trailer and added all four as a last hurrah!

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
As good as a character Midna is, she represents the 5 year darkage of the series that started with TP and continued until SS, after that ALBW recovered the series. Shilling Twilight Princess isn't a good idea given how much of a shame it is to the franchise and Nintendo.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
As good as a character Midna is, she represents the 5 year darkage of the series that started with TP and continued until SS, after that ALBW recovered the series. Shilling Twilight Princess isn't a good idea given how much of a shame it is to the franchise and Nintendo.
Why did people hate Twilight Princess? It seems excellent to me, and I'm more than halfway through the game. Nintendo gave it an HD rerelease as well so I'm not sure we can say Nintendo sees it that way.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I don't recall TP being THAT hated. It's generally looked upon favorably nowadays. Only reasons people were negative then and to a lesser extent now I think was for being "OoT 2.0", the pacing at the beginning, and maybe how they handled Zant or how they shoved him aside for Ganondorf.

Personally I think the game was really good. Not one of my favorites but still up there. Certainly not the start of a dark age. The closest thing to a "dark age" for me was when Zelda went to the DS, since I found both PH and ST to be pretty subpar entries. Still not THAT bad probably compared to the dark times of other franchises.

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
People were negative then and to a lesser extent now I think was for being "OoT 2.0".
See now that’s one of the reasons I love TP so much. To me, OoT was and still is the epitome of Zelda, so having TP pay homage to it in a pretty big way made sense. However, I think there were enough differences between the two to let it stand out on its own as well.

I get your opinion on the DS era games, although I enjoyed them just as well. It was fun for me to play my favourite franchise in a different way (heavy use of stylus, etc.) I spent ages trying to transfer the stamp to my map in PH I think it was, closing my DS in frustration, only to think “no surely not”, opening it back up and finding the mark in place. I got a really cool feeling from that moment.

I think I could say hands down the true “dark era” of the Zelda series would have to be the CDi games. They do often get referred to in ways such as those who must not be mentioned, etc.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Why did people hate Twilight Princess? It seems excellent to me, and I'm more than halfway through the game. Nintendo gave it an HD rerelease as well so I'm not sure we can say Nintendo sees it that way.
no its just that one, they said that before any everyone disagreed with them

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Whatever your opinion on Twilight Princess, Midna was one of the best things to come out of that game. Best of all of Link's partners by a country mile.

If she ever became a playable character nobody would be upset that "Twilight Princess is being represented" because Midna's appeal transcends her source game.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I my opinion, several characters are "due" for Smash Bros.
Toad, Dixie Kong, Waluigi, Paper Mario, Bandana Waddle Dee, Krystal, Issac, Spring Man, Crash Bandicoot, and of course Impa.
The Zelda series has fallen behind Fire Emblem in representation, and that is shameful.
While I personally want Revali as a Bow-based and bird character, which I think would be unique, Impa is the recurring Zelda character that is absolutely due for Smash Bros.
Impa's best design is her Skyward Sword one, which would work well with BOTW Link, LTTP Zelda, and OOT Ganondorf.
But if I got my full Zelda wishlist, we'd have Impa, Skull Kid, Midna + Wolf Link, and Revali.
10 characters to match Mario and Pokémon.

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I agree with Quillion here. Twilight Princess is totally uninspired, and I found it generaly boring. It was my first big Zelda disappointment and the reason why I stopped buying new video games after the Game Cube and until recently with the Switch.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Toad, Dixie Kong, Waluigi, Paper Mario, Bandana Waddle Dee, Krystal, Issac, Spring Man, Crash Bandicoot, and of course Impa.
The Zelda series has fallen behind Fire Emblem in representation, and that is shameful.
While I personally want Revali as a Bow-based and bird character, which I think would be unique, Impa is the recurring Zelda character that is absolutely due for Smash Bros.
Impa's best design is her Skyward Sword one, which would work well with BOTW Link, LTTP Zelda, and OOT Ganondorf.
But if I got my full Zelda wishlist, we'd have Impa, Skull Kid, Midna + Wolf Link, and Revali.
I never understood why people liked Revali. I hate him so much. Every word out of his mouth made me want to strangle him. Him being in Smash would legitimately make me mad, especially when I love all three of the other Champions so much. Could you explain why you want Revali over the other 3, and maybe why you like him? I'm at a loss at how anyone could enjoy that arrogant bird asshole. God I'm getting angry thinking about him. No offense to you obviously.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I would rather not force Midna to be with Wolf Link. I like Wolf Link but, Midna should stand (float) on her own.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i get why the others are due for smash but why crash?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I must admit I too found Twilight Princess to be a big old bag of bland, especially after the sheer joy Wind Waker gave me. Midna was the one saving grace if I'm honest.

But every Zelda gets a ton of hate at first. Ocarina fans hated Wind Waker for looking weird and cartoons, I hated Twilight Princess for being a grim dreary mess of a world, Twilight Princess fans hated Skyward Sword for slow text and Fi being a step down from Midna and even Breath of the Wild gets a lot of hate from more traditional Zelda fans for altering the formula so much.

I don't think excluding Midna merely because I and others didn't enjoy Twilight is especially fair, in particular because unlike many one and done characters she's managed to maintain her fanbase.

Quillion

Smash Hero
You can't care about the characters aside from Midna, the overworld is filled with useless rupees and heart pieces, the late dungeon items are exclusively puzzle solvers that are rarely used at that, and it's also the game where Aonuma fell into the trap of running up and down the overworld to collect things just to advance the plot.

All of the hallmarks of the TP-SS era.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
You can't care about the characters aside from Midna, the overworld is filled with useless rupees and heart pieces, the late dungeon items are exclusively puzzle solvers that are rarely used at that, and it's also the game where Aonuma fell into the trap of running up and down the overworld to collect things just to advance the plot.

All of the hallmarks of the TP-SS era.
Y’see, I don’t really mind stuff like that; while I guess rupees could’ve been less abundant, it’s not really a big deal and I like collecting stuff. I guess stuff like catching the reek fish and delivering things weren’t necessary, but they never felt like hassles imo + they’re interesting ways to interact with the world instead of constantly going straight to a dungeon after someone tells you to; honestly, this stuff felt like it was ingrained into the story, even the fish explained stuff with the yeti. While I have found Midna to certainly be the most memorable character, some of the others I find to have memorable moments and are all generally nice anyway. To be honest, though...excluding Midna, compared to the other TP characters, I care more about Skull Kid, Tingle, Saria, and Malon and her MM lookalikes, though they weren’t much different (except Skull Kid and Tingle I suppose) aside from Saria turning into a sage, so I guess it’s really just preference.

As for the late game items, well, other games include useless or unnecessary items as well (it seems Minish Cap’s mirror shield can only be obtained after defeating Vaati, for example, and you don’t need the Biggoron sword in OoT or the golden one in MM), and they are late game...though I guess they could’ve added some stuff for them that you couldn’t do previously, which they did for a few other items tbh, but like the delivery quest stuff, it feels like they’re part of the story (at least the Dominion Rod, idk what else as I haven’t found all the statues yet).

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
can we please not go down the path of "i dislike this zelda game because" again, youve all done far to often in this thread

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
i get why the others are due for smash but why crash?
He's the next logical mascot fighter. Rayman is probably also due because he has appeared in two Smash games without being playable.
I never understood why people liked Revali. I hate him so much. Every word out of his mouth made me want to strangle him. Him being in Smash would legitimately make me mad, especially when I love all three of the other Champions so much. Could you explain why you want Revali over the other 3, and maybe why you like him? I'm at a loss at how anyone could enjoy that arrogant bird *******. God I'm getting angry thinking about him. No offense to you obviously.
Revali is the most unique of the Champions and fits a character archetype that Smash lacks, and aerial-focused fighter whose main weapon is a bow. Decidueye could have fit this role too, but Sakurai chose Incineroar, who has his own unique playstyle.
Also, his character never bothered me, and I like anthropomorphic birds.
Now that I think about it, are ALL anthropomorphic birds arrogant? Jet the Hawk, Falco Lombardi, and Revali. All arrogant; all avian. Ganos from Dragon Ball Super was also arrogant while fighting Roshi, and he's a bird.
Edit: Daffy friggin' Duck.
I think I'm on to something.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
He's the next logical mascot fighter. Rayman is probably also due because he has appeared in two Smash games without being playable.

Revali is the most unique of the Champions and fits a character archetype that Smash lacks, and aerial-focused fighter whose main weapon is a bow. Decidueye could have fit this role too, but Sakurai chose Incineroar, who has his own unique playstyle.
Also, his character never bothered me, and I like anthropomorphic birds.
Now that I think about it, are ALL anthropomorphic birds arrogant? Jet the Hawk, Falco Lombardi, and Revali. All arrogant; all avian. Ganos from Dragon Ball Super was also arrogant while fighting Roshi, and he's a bird.
Edit: Daffy friggin' Duck.
I think I'm on to something.
We already have Revali in Smash though. Still don't get why he had to be a Fox semi clone though...

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
We already have Revali in Smash though. Still don't get why he had to be a Fox semi clone though...
Humorous, but inaccurate. Bird ≠ Revali. I like Revali based on his unique fighting style. Aerial-based archer.
Falco is not an aerial-based character in the strictest sense. Jigglypuff is the only character very clearly designed for aerial focused combat. I'm not suggesting Revali be complete garbage on the ground like a reverse Little Mac, but imagine a Jigglypuff-like fighter that focuses on firing triple arrows. He could even have a slowdown mechanic when he fires his arrows midair like Link does in BOTW.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i dont think's such a thing as a logical next choice for smash and really thats a matter of opinion plenty would argue that much larger characters would be the next logical step depending on their own views on characters

Humorous, but inaccurate. Bird ≠ Revali. I like Revali based on his unique fighting style. Aerial-based archer.
Falco is not an aerial-based character in the strictest sense. Jigglypuff is the only character very clearly designed for aerial focused combat. I'm not suggesting Revali be complete garbage on the ground like a reverse Little Mac, but imagine a Jigglypuff-like fighter that focuses on firing triple arrows. He could even have a slowdown mechanic when he fires his arrows midair like Link does in BOTW.
thats all based on an assumption of how hed work, i mean what would make sense to us might not make sense to sakurai

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
can we please not go down the path of "i dislike this zelda game because" again, youve all done far to often in this thread
It's a way to gauge which games are worth representing. Don't you attempt to oppress us.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's a way to gauge which games are worth representing. Don't you attempt to oppress us.
its not us to decide which games are "worth" representation its up to sakurai and im not attempting oppress you a simply ask that we keep it friendly rather than you all go through the same negative arguing youve all been through several times before

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
If you ask me, every Zelda game is worth representing. Excluding spinoffs (and the obvious CDI games) every single Zelda game has something about it that is undeniably fantastic.

...Except maybe Zelda 2. All it has going for it is the music really.

If I were Sakurai there'd probably be like 12 Zelda reps, and each one would be from a different game. Hell, you could do a Bowser Jr. thing with Link and Zelda (and to some extent ganon) to rep every single game in the series pretty easily.

QQS

Smash Lord
I love Skull Kid. He is my most wanted Zelda character ever. I hope he gets in as DLC turning his Assist Trophy to a DLC of a Nintendo Pass. It’s merely imposible I know but SK is epic. The other perfect fits are Midna, Zant or Ghirahim. I know about the Assists and etc, I’m just saying.

But being real, I can see Daruk coming as DLC. For many reasons: 1) Between the four Champions (and in all Zelda), he is probably the most well-known race of the franchise. 2) Probably he (and the other Champions) will return in the sequel of BOTW. 3) If Piranha Plant is a generic enemy due to his iconic presence in Mario Franchise, I could think about a simply-generic Goron becoming a character, with the design of OOT or TP probably, in order to have a generic character from Mario & a generic character from Zelda: both iconic. But if they manage to do that, I think it’s better to create a unique Goron with his own personality. In that case, between Darunia, Darmani or Daruk, I think Daruk has the higher chances. But probably Mipha (the other perfect well-known race of the franchise) would have a better unique moveset, due to his spear. 4) I just think Zelda needs another rep. I can understand that Mario & Pokemon has more reps, but then Zelda should be the third one richer. Between a Goron, a Zora, a Gerudo and a Rito; I can see only happening a Goron or a Zora.

By the way, I think the remaining DLC of the FP could be between Doomguy, Crash, Hayabusa, Heihachi or Monster Hunter. But hey, this is Smash and anything can happen. I hope to see one day my boy Geno and my beloved Skull Kid as fighters. To conclude, Ultimate roster is already amazing! But there is nothing wrong with just guessing or dreaming.

:D

(You can add me to the supporter list, thanks!)

Last edited:

Fenrir-Bolt

Banned via Warnings
I would really like Linkle in the game, otherwise I don’t know if i would say that it exactly bothers me but it has gotten a little stale or disappointing that there’s only Link clones and then Zelda and a Ganondorf that’s a clone of Captain Falcon. I feel like a lot of Zelda characters don’t really have big enough personalities to urgently be in need of a smahs character but then there are a fair amount if pokemone and Fire Emblem characters...

Ideally I would like to see more versions of Ganondorf. They can either keep the Falcon clone or replace it with another second tier character that’s obscure, even like another F Zero Racer character ( ; P) otherwise, I’d like to see a more classic pig Ganon since there’s ALttP Zelda, I’d like to see a similair version of Ganon. I would also just Like to see him with his own moves. Zelda warriors would be a good template for an updated Ganon, sincehe hasnt appeared in hymn form since Twillight Princess. It would be cool otherwise to just add Demon King Demise as well. Then there’s Ghirahim, I’m not sure who else. Minds is kind of a strange character. By herself or on Wolf Link? She can’t really defend her self well which is why she rides Wolf Link around as such.

Last edited:

Fenrir-Bolt

Banned via Warnings
I love Skull Kid. He is my most wanted Zelda character ever. I hope he gets in as DLC turning his Assist Trophy to a DLC of a Nintendo Pass. It’s merely imposible I know but SK is epic. The other perfect fits are Midna, Zant or Ghirahim. I know about the Assists and etc, I’m just saying.

But being real, I can see Daruk coming as DLC. For many reasons: 1) Between the four Champions (and in all Zelda), he is probably the most well-known race of the franchise. 2) Probably he (and the other Champions) will return in the sequel of BOTW. 3) If Piranha Plant is a generic enemy due to his iconic presence in Mario Franchise, I could think about a simply-generic Goron becoming a character, with the design of OOT or TP probably, in order to have a generic character from Mario & a generic character from Zelda: both iconic. But if they manage to do that, I think it’s better to create a unique Goron with his own personality. In that case, between Darunia, Darmani or Daruk, I think Daruk has the higher chances. But probably Mipha (the other perfect well-known race of the franchise) would have a better unique moveset, due to his spear. 4) I just think Zelda needs another rep. I can understand that Mario & Pokemon has more reps, but then Zelda should be the third one richer. Between a Goron, a Zora, a Gerudo and a Rito; I can see only happening a Goron or a Zora.

By the way, I think the remaining DLC of the FP could be between Doomguy, Crash, Hayabusa, Heihachi or Monster Hunter. But hey, this is Smash and anything can happen. I hope to see one day my boy Geno and my beloved Skull Kid as fighters. To conclude, Ultimate roster is already amazing! But there is nothing wrong with just guessing or dreaming.

:D

(You can add me to the supporter list, thanks!)
You can make Skull Kid in the Wii character creator, didn’t you know that? I guess maybe it’s not the same, but appearance wise it looks pretty exact.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
You can make Skull Kid in the Wii character creator, didn’t you know that? I guess maybe it’s not the same, but appearance wise it looks pretty exact.
Appearance is pretty good, but it lacks the detail of other playable characters, and obviously a terrible moveset, terrible voice, no Zelda music victory, no personality and no chance to appear in random.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If you ask me, every Zelda game is worth representing. Excluding spinoffs (and the obvious CDI games) every single Zelda game has something about it that is undeniably fantastic.

...Except maybe Zelda 2. All it has going for it is the music really.
dont forget zelda 2 already has a stage

UserKev

Smash Champion
I love the Champions, I was a legit hater of them before I played BoTW, their very likable. Only, I do believe their potentially underwhelming picks for Zelda newcomers while being great characters for Zelda lore.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I love the Champions, I was a legit hater of them before I played BoTW, their very likable. Only, I do believe their potentially underwhelming picks for Zelda newcomers while being great characters for Zelda lore.
I just got the Champions Amiibo pack yesterday and now I'm hungry for a Hyrule Warriors 2 at the very least with them in.

For Smash? I think it'd be hard to pick a particular champion over the others. Who's the most popular of them? I want to say Urbosa but she's the champion that offers the least variety moveset wise being a sword and shield user with Pikachu's thunder thrown in.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I just got the Champions Amiibo pack yesterday and now I'm hungry for a Hyrule Warriors 2 at the very least with them in.

For Smash? I think it'd be hard to pick a particular champion over the others. Who's the most popular of them? I want to say Urbosa but she's the champion that offers the least variety moveset wise being a sword and shield user with Pikachu's thunder thrown in.
May I ask where you found that pack?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
welcome to my world

actually i had a sort of reverse of that, back when HWL was coming out i was hoping for a HW line so we could get amiibos of tetra, fi and the like

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
welcome to my world

actually i had a sort of reverse of that, back when HWL was coming out i was hoping for a HW line so we could get amiibos of tetra, fi and the like
Tell me about it, I'd have paid through the nose for the triforce trio in those outfits alongside Impa, Tingle, Ghirahim, Lana, Cia and the Wind Waker squad.

Top Bottom