• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Kirby Discussion

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Er, yeah, I don't expect this to get as much results as the Zelda thread, but I hope it gets some.

On one hand, a few months ago, KSSU sold it's millionth copy in Japan. I'd assume it's well past that now. Oh, and this:

Kirby's Most Brutal Copy Abilities:
http://staging.screwattack.com/node/13975

Why isn't Ninja there? Or Missile? Or Fire? Or Ice? Eh, I'll live... wait, why isn't MK's sword there (Master Kirby)?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
"Subscribed" Kirby series is the best series in the whole world. All of his game is just down right fun to play as, no matter what age your at. =D

So far, Kirby Super Star or Kirby Super Star Ultra is the best Kirby game that's ever been made, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror is second. =D

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
While I haven't played any Kirby games lately, I adore that series (as well as its star, of course :bee:).

Kirby Super Star is undisputably one of the best games in the series. However, I haven't been able to play much of the portable games, since my mother doesn't allow me to have game boys and such.

Also, Crash should've been #1 on that list.

Though, I have to wonder if the Wii Kirby game will ever come out...

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Kirby music is awesome.

It's kinda cool that Brawl seemed to favor the series, (just because they were underrepresented in Melee and 64) except for Meta Knight having his own Uber section in the Tier list, lol

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I love the Kirby series.

My favorite would have to be Kirby's Adventure and Kirby's Super Star.
64 was all right. It could've been a little more difficult IMO.

Nintendo needs to release that new Kirby game that was announced way long ago...

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Kirby series is awesome. The anime is great too. you guys should seriously check it out.

Also, earlier today I was thinking about how the relationship between Kirby and King Dedede parallels that between Superman and Lex Luthor. Kirby is an alien from a distant land with seemingly limitless powers who could easily wreak havoc on the people of dreamland but he instead chooses to adopt their values and defend them with his life.

King Dedede, on the other hand, often creates many plots to further expand his power over Dreamland, but chooses not to outright destroy it and even goes as far as to defend it from those who do threaten it. For those who question his success, think about this: In the start of every Kirby game, King Dedede has infiltrated nearly every level with his minions. How could he do this if he were not a strategic, scientific, and political mastermind? Truly he is a parallel for Lex Luthor, or even Doctor Doom.

What do you all think?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Kirby music is awesome.
You don't have to tell me twice, ever since Kirby Dreamland, my favroite theme song will always be Floats Island, that song is too good.

About the Kirby anime. Which one you find better, Kirby of the Stars, (Japanese), or Kirby Right Back At Ya, (English)?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It's hard to say. The English dub is funnier simply because it's so terrible (King Dededehorn Leghorn, Gay Escargoon, and Metacalallero to name a few), but the original Japanese is better overall.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Definitely the Japanese one. It's really terrible when you can actually mess up an episode about ninjas. 4Kids should be hanged for exploiting our youth.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
OMG THERE WAS A NINJA EPISODE!?!

I had no idea. Which one?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
OMG THERE WAS A NINJA EPISODE!?!

I had no idea. Which one?
Episode 22 on English, and episode 24 in Japanese. You'll see a major difference when looking at this episode. Well some episode were fixed when 4Kids remade it.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Nintendo needs to release that new Kirby game that was announced way long ago...
♣ I strongly agree. Almost four years have I've been waiting for the new Kirby game. I strongly hope that Nintendo doesn't give up on Kirby for the Wii because it might be the next best Kirby game since it play's kind of like Kirby Super Star. ♥

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I liked Kirby's Dreamland 2...

It had a strategic side to it, matching the right power with the right animal to get the rainbow drops or whatever they were called.

Of course, Dreamland 3 had that and more, but I didn't have Dreamland 3 as a child...

One of my favorite powers from Kirby 64 was bomb + cutter (I think) Kirby turned into a ninja with exploding shuriken...

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I wish he got hats in 64. I'd expect that of Kirby Wii, but Nintendo's lied to us for years. That game probably doesn't exist.

Lovely

Smash Lord
I wish he got hats in 64. I'd expect that of Kirby Wii, but Nintendo's lied to us for years. That game probably doesn't exist.
♣ Don't say that, you might jinx the fact that it doesn't exist. DX ♥

♣ I don't know why they wouldn't finish this game already. I'll understand if this game is better than the highest ranking Nintendo Wii game that's out, (Super Mario Galaxy). ♥

Splice

Smash Hero
I just downloaded Crystal Shards (64) from the Wii Shop Channel a few days ago. It's so cute!!!!
And i actually got stuck trying to get one of the shards >.< That just isn't Kirby.

Have many people played the Original Kirby's Dreamland? The ending music is EPIC.
A small part of it is in Butter Building, which seems to be a medley of songs from Kirbys Dreamland 1.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just downloaded Crystal Shards (64) from the Wii Shop Channel a few days ago. It's so cute!!!!
And i actually got stuck trying to get one of the shards >.< That just isn't Kirby.

Have many people played the Original Kirby's Dreamland? The ending music is EPIC.
A small part of it is in Butter Building, which seems to be a medley of songs from Kirbys Dreamland 1.
If you think getting stuck just isn't kirby...you haven't played Dreamland 2. It took me a while to figure out exactly what elements and animals to get to get the specific rainbow drop/ whatever it was called.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
When did thee Kirby wii rumors even start?

Personally, I think there is one of two reasons we haven't seen a Kirby wii:

1. Kirby cannot be fun in 3-D, and Nintendo will never release a game that is not fun, lest it risk losing it's tremendous fan loyalty.

2. It takes years to develop a Kirby engine that is fun in true 3-D, and Nintendo won't announce details about the next Kirby until 6 months prior release.

Sorry to say, I think it's the former.

EDIT: That's weird, the internet says Kirby wii has a planned Japanese release date of 2009. Sorry to say, I still think it's the former.

Anyone else notice how much more awesome King Dedede is than Bowser though? Not tough perse, but much more likeable, consistent, and interesting?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Which Crystal Shard your missing? I could help you get them all because I played this game over a hundred times in the past and I know how to get them all. I'm guessing it's the Aqua Star, in the third stage where the Shard is too high or is it something else?

]Have many people played the Original Kirby's Dreamland? The ending music is EPIC. A small part of it is in Butter Building said:
People that hasn't played Kirby Dreamland but is a Kirby fan should get Star Shot, though it's been rated the worst Kirby game out of all, but it's original, (Kirby Adventure and Kirby Super Star was rated the best). Also, I'm rehearing the Butter Building theme to see what part of the theme was from Kirby Dreamland as well. [/FONT]

If you think getting stuck just isn't kirby...you haven't played Dreamland 2. It took me a while to figure out exactly what elements and animals to get to get the specific rainbow drop/ whatever it was called.
Rainbow Drops, but I'll say Kirby Dreamland 3 got Dreamland 2 for difficulty. I'll say that Kirby Dreamland 3 is the hardest out of most Kirby game's to complete, I'll say Kirby & the Amazing Mirror would come second because how much time to get all the treasure.

Now you made me sad. T_T

When the Wii came out and when Super Paper Mario was said to be on the Wii instead of the Gamecube, well a lot of games got moved to the Wii that was suppose to come out for Gamecube like The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8, Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, and Super Mario Galaxy. Since those game's came out on the Wii, many people believe that would be the same for the Kirby title to be said to be on Wii. I won't add the part where someone from the Nintendo Press said it wasn't forgotten because there's still no info on the development.

1. Kirby cannot be fun in 3-D, and Nintendo will never release a game that is not fun, lest it risk losing it's tremendous fan loyalty.

2. It takes years to develop a Kirby engine that is fun in true 3-D, and Nintendo won't announce details about the next Kirby until 6 months prior release.
1) Well, let's look at Kirby 64, there is a lot of fans for this game, however since the game seems too simlier to Kirby Dreamland 3, this game wasn't rated high on raters.

2) Would it take this long? On Super Mario Galaxy, it only took at least a year, and that game was extremely well done when it was shift from Gamecube to Wii. Sadly, Kirby for the Wii, HAL Laboratory isn't making a move for this game. =/

Sorry to say, I think it's the former.

EDIT: That's weird, the internet says Kirby wii has a planned Japanese release date of 2009. Sorry to say, I still think it's the former.
I could be, I still have no idea though.

Anyone else notice how much more awesome King Dedede is than Bowser though? Not tough perse, but much more likeable, consistent, and interesting?
He's a fat, greedy, lazy king, how could anyone not like him. XD

Gates

Banned via Warnings
That would make a great Wii game.

He's smarter too. Dedede's plans are always different where as Bowser's plans can be summed up in 3 steps:

Step 1: Capture Princess.
Step 2: ???
Step 3: PROFIT!

Dedede's plans are also less predictable than Ganon's which usually involve random exploitation of some idiot (Agahnim in LttP, Zant in TP, the king of Hyrule in OoT, etc.) to gain his power and then when Link pulls out the master sword he goes all Light Yagami since it apparently releases a seal that was placed on his power.

I could go on and explain how he's also better than Sephiroth, Liquid Snake, and Albert Wesker, but I'll save that for another time.

He's a fat, greedy, lazy king, how could anyone not like him. XD
I do not appreciate you slinging these insults about a regal figure all over the place. That kind of thing is only allowed in England.

For starters, he is not greedy, he is fiscally responsible. Given the current economic state of Dreamland, King Dedede, like all good leaders, is searching for a way to rebound the economy and keep vital government functions working so that his kingdom does not fall into bankruptcy. He's no greedier than any other political leader, he simply knows that without any money the government will not be able to functions.

Second, he is certainly not lazy. The Kirby games only portray him that way since they only show a few rare instances where Dedede is taking some well deserved vacation time. They never show King Dedede working on public works projects like a shelter for homeless Waddle Dees, discussing homeland defense initiatives with Metaknight, or commissioning additional funding for hospitals and schools in Dreamland. Instead, they focus on a few rare instances where King Dedede is doing other things due to an inherent bias in the storytelling of the games towards Kirby, who really doesn't do anything besides eat and sleep all day.

Finally, King Dedede isn't fat he's super mother****ing buff he just looks like he has a huge stomach because his **** and balls are so ****ing big they make his whole body look round and also he keeps his pants extra large so that hoes can hop in there and suck his **** while he has **** to do cause this mother****er can have his cake and ****ing eat that **** too.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
"King" Bowser doesn't know the first thing about ruling the world does he?

King Dedede hasn't only acchieved total world domination years ago, but the populace of Dreamland actually recognizes his authority.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
Kirby is so much fun. The first kirby game I really played was Squeak Squad and it wasnt even mine. I went as far as to play it for hours on hours everyday even when I unlocked everything I just wouldn't stop. I liked going through levels as fighter kirby. Now that ultra is out I must come up with some sort of sceme to achieve it, like convince my sister to want it so I will get it. Yes...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I do not appreciate you slinging these insults about a regal figure about. That kind of thing is only allowed in England.

For starters, he is not greedy, he is fiscally responsible. Given the current economic state of Dreamland, King Dedede, like all good leaders, is searching for a way to rebound the economy and keep vital government functions working so that his kingdom does not fall into bankruptcy. He's no greedier than any other political leader, he simply knows that without any money the government will not be able to functions.

Second, he is certainly not lazy. The Kirby games only portray him that way since they only show a few rare instances where Dedede is taking some well deserved vacation time. They never show King Dedede working on public works projects like a shelter for homeless Waddle Dees, discussing homeland defense initiatives with Metaknight, or commissioning additional funding for hospitals and schools in Dreamland. Instead, they focus on a few rare instances where King Dedede is doing other things due to an inherent bias in the storytelling of the games towards Kirby, who really doesn't do anything besides eat and sleep all day.

Finally, King Dedede isn't fat he's super mother****ing buff he just looks like he has a huge stomach because his **** and balls are so ****ing big they make his whole body look round and also he keeps his pants extra large so that hoes can hop in there and suck his **** while he has **** to do cause this mother****er can have his cake and ****ing eat that **** too.

That was the best quotes I've ever heard, this almost sound like a Blog, lol. I have new respect for the King. =D

Splice

Smash Hero
LOL Gates, you are a legend.

FYI, i have 100% on all 3 files for Kirbys dreamland 2. It's hard for a kirby game, but the puzzles all revolve around abilities, and once you crack the code of what abilities do what, its easy. I find the most difficult rainbow drop was the one with the fish, where you had to use ice, get rid of ice, use fish, get rid of fish, and quickly get ice back, within about 3 seconds. frustrating. But im stuck in CS64 where there is just this room full of star blocks, and a tophat. I dont know what to do. I have never played Kirbys Dreamland 3 though, and apparently its harder. I want it. You have the Overmind as your Picture. I want that too.

Which Crystal Shard your missing? I could help you get them all because I played this game over a hundred times in the past and I know how to get them all. I'm guessing it's the Aqua Star, in the third stage where the Shard is too high or is it something else?
Haha thanks for the offer, but i'd never forgive myself if i got help. And no i got all the ones on Aqua Star anyway. The boss on Aqua Star is awesome, it's very eerie when he's in the background coming towards you. Btw the easiest bit of Kirbys Dreamland 1 to hear in Butter Building is the Menu Screen music where all the kirbies run across the screen.

1. Kirby cannot be fun in 3-D, and Nintendo will never release a game that is not fun, lest it risk losing its tremendous fan loyalty.

Kirby can not be fun in 3-D??? do you mean walking in 3-D, or just 3-D graphics, because Crystal Shards for the 64 is amazingly fun with 3-D graphics. I think it'll be like Crystal Shards if they make another one. I think it would be cool if he walked in 3-D though. He'd be cuter in a 3-D game. But they will make it 2-D in 3-D graphics, sadly. :(

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Kirby can not be fun in 3-D??? do you mean walking in 3-D, or just 3-D graphics, because Crystal Shards for the 64 is amazingly fun with 3-D graphics. I think it'll be like Crystal Shards if they make another one. I think it would be cool if he walked in 3-D though. He'd be cuter in a 3-D game. But they will make it 2-D in 3-D graphics, sadly. :(
Yes, I mean walking in 3-D.

I can't imagine a game built around a somewhat slow, floaty character with near infinite jumps and the ability to suck up and steal the powers of everything functioning well in environments that are traditionally significantly less enemy heavy and more exploration and jumping-puzzles based. In 3-D, it is nearly impossible to make a tough platformer for Kirby when he can jump around all but the largest of obstacles, and he's kinda slow, which means exploration is hard to make fun. And if it's in 2.5-D, there's not much point in even making a game for the Wii when the Nintendo DS, with it's N64 level of graphics, can handle such a project almost exactly as well. There needs to be a significant difference between Kirby wii and Kirby crytal shards, and I suspect that's what's holding up developement.

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
Kirby Series Fans

I'm a die hard fan of the Kirby series, if you are too or if you like a certain game then please come by and tell why. If you like someone besides/other than Kirby, you are also welcome here.

This is the entire series:

Kirby Dream Land
Kirby's Adventure/Nightmare in Dream Land
Kirby Dream Land 2
Kirby Super Star
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Kirby Dream Land 3
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Kirby: Squeak Squad
Kirby(Wii)
Kirby's Pinball Land
Kirby's Avalanche
Kirby's Dream Course
Kirby's Block Ball
Kirby's Star Stacker
Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble
Kirby Air Ride

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
We just made a thread on the Kirby series...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228099
Screw that thread, it's dead with little to no activity. =P

I'll post the top five Kirby games to get mostly, and the top five Kirby games that you have to think about getting, but you may/may not like it:

Top five Kirby games you need to play

Kirby Super Star (Best Kirby game ever, when you copy different enemies powers, you have the most options to do different types of moves than the other Kirby games. Not only that, there's a lot of different modes to go through that it's just impossible to not have fun with)

Kirby Super Star Ultra (Remake of the best Kirby game ever, for the better. Though most of the game modes from Kirby Super Star has been untouched but the cool 3-D move scene and the graphics is improved, this game still have the same charm as Kirby Super Star)

Kirby Adventure
(Highest rated Kirby game out right now, and a lot of good reasons why. This is the first Kirby game that Kirby has his powers, and if you haven't played it, your obviously missing out on a great game, get this game on emulator or the Wii's VC)

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
(The longest Kirby game to get a 100% on. Also this game is a great... no by bad, the best co-op in the Kirby games that out for those who have the same game)

Kirby Canvas Curse (Lastly, the game that brought up the DS from bad handheld to buy to best handheld to buy when the DS was at PSP's mercy. This game provides a lot of challenge, and the third hardest Kirby game to get 100% as well)

Top five games you might want, but have to think about it

Kirby Air Ride (To me, this game is great, but when you complete the game, this has a low replay value and doesn't have enough multi-player options to make the game last. But at least can last for enjoyment for those who love Kirby)

Kirby Dreamland 3 (This Kirby game provides a lot of challenge if you want 100% and this is the most underrated Kirby game that's out right now plus it has good co-op. But for those who are use to Kirby Dreamland 2 would be glad to play this game because this game you need helpers, for those who don't like helpers... well this game you don't have to use them, but if you want 100% you need to)

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (To me, this game is very over hyped, mainly because the rating of this game isn't high, but this game is however very popular in the Kirby game charts. This is also a great game to own, getting all the Crystal Shards is a *****, but at least you can merge powers together that the other Kirby games can not do... except for Kirby Squeak Squad)

Kirby Squeak Squad (This game is ultraly underrated, but for a good reason. This game is extremely short with easy puzzles to solve when you trying to get 100% and not only that, the final boss is extremely easy as well. Well this game is fun but this game won't last long in many peoples eyes, it's a good game, but it's also one of the easiest Kirby games out)

Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble (Ah, the best Kirby spinoff game that's out besides Kirby's Sparkling Kids but that's a Japan only game, so I won't count that. This game is so fun when you have a Gameboy Color or a Gameboy Advance, if you only have a Gameboy Advance SP then you can play this game right unless you get a Gameboy Micro. But enough about that, this game is challenging, may be one of the top most challenging Kirby games out, but this game isn't played normally like a Kirby game, meaning no ability power, and not to forget that it's easy to fall off the edge on this game plus the boss battles are almost all the same boss. But above all this, this is a fun Kirby game to have)

That's all I have to say during my experience will all the Kirby game's I own, which is all of them. =3

Top Bottom