• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL no one ever uses the Q&A thread here and always posts them randomly in the IC boards. Poor Hylian.

Anyway I wanted to ask y'all how to perform the 'Hylian infinite grab' which I have heard of. The QA thread is for simple and quick question so don't complain to me that I must read the stickies cos I've already read some. Another question is how can I perform any other difficult but highly rewarding infinite grabs that are feared in matches?

Thanks

HD
There is no Chaingrab named after me, and please don't name one after me lol. I discovered a few of them(like how to bthrow with nana without pivoting) but I hate when people name stuff after themselves :/.

BkMan

Smash Cadet
how do you get good at the chain grab did u watch other vids how did you practice??

BkMan

Smash Cadet
oo and how do you de sych the ice climbers?????

also how did you dy synch the ice climber sin the hylian and ally match at the beggining of the match????

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
how do you get good at the chain grab did u watch other vids how did you practice??
No there were no videos for me to watch when I first started playing IC's lol. I just practiced a lot. Practice practice practice practice. Nothing more to it.
oo and how do you de sych the ice climbers?????

also how did you dy synch the ice climber sin the hylian and ally match at the beggining of the match????
You can desynch several ways. The best way to desynch is to pivot as it's the fastest and you can do it pretty safetly. In my match with ally I did a starting desynch. As the match starts just hold a button and nana will do that move but popo won't. So I just started out holding B.

BkMan

Smash Cadet
how do you pivot and wats pivoting again??????

how do you do the Ice Climber Back throw Ice Block combo/Chain Grab i cant get it down its like ialways throw it back and make nana jump but she never footstools so if you can tell me the timing that would be great

Barge

All I want is a custom title
we can't tell you "timing"
it seems like you try once and give up.
You just gotta keep practicing.

D

Deleted member

Just need confirmation on this: Is a fresh fully charged d-smash the most damaging attack in the game? It deals 53% to Bowser.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Just need confirmation on this: Is a fresh fully charged d-smash the most damaging attack in the game? It deals 53% to Bowser.
Yes, but I've heard that the maximum damage was up to 54%-56%.

Yes, because the ICs' d-smash hits 4 times close to Bowser dealing heavy amounts of damage. If there was one ice climber, probably the damage will be either 23%-30% which I forgot on G&W.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
actually, lucas's dsmash is more powerful.... but its literally the ONLY dsmash thats more powerful.
ye but then all 3 hits have to actually HIT and... when was the last time that happened?
it only occured 2 with me times with that Timer thing and when i was in between 2 walls and he kept bouncing back inside
it was awesome :D

Teh Future

Smash Master
If you use lucas dsmash on platforms it can get multiple hits, but I pretty sure the person has to DI into the second and third hits.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
If you use lucas dsmash on platforms it can get multiple hits, but I pretty sure the person has to DI into the second and third hits.
that is in fact True

Edit: I surely dont want to multipost anyways

I have a theory and i think itll work ive tested it but i dont know if it will work ALL that well in real matches (hate training mode) anywaaaay

The Theory

Down throw Fair combo can be done mostly up to 2 times after that we ALT grab or Ice block lock
BUT i came up with something idk if it has been found yet thats why im in Q&A
After youve done it two times and then your opponent smashes into the ground do a jab
DONT use the second just one jab and then walk forward A LITTLE then regrab with popo it has the same effect as that IC quick grab Hylian came up with (btw that ones brilliant)

so do you think this will work?
and has it been found yet? (i think it is cause its easy to figure out by yourself haha :laugh:)
and if this works in real matches as much as i hope we will kill 10 times as fast as we usually do

Answer when you can or as soon as possible :laugh:

lain

Smash Master
No the jab stands them up and thus gives them time to get away. In some cases the jab will actually make them slightly airborne, and they can jump away.

Interesting theory, but this is something I wish could happen ever since Brawl came out (i.e. THUNDERS' COMBO)

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Okay i was messing around with ICs today doing dashing upsmashes, and i thought that if i dashed in one direction and then quickly input a dash in the original direction and an up smash i could slide farther than normal (this may sound stupid, but bear with me - i'm new here). While i was doing this, i made an interesting discovery: If you dash backwards, then A while holding the joystick up and forward, you will slide forward like a normal dashing upsmash, but Popo will do a foward smash, and Nana will do an Upsmash. It also works with charging the smashes, so with only a little big more time taken to start the move, you can dash forward and use both charged up and down smashes simultaneously!

So the input is like this: Tap backwards only the joystick, then quickly press diagonal-up-forward on the joystick + A.

It also works if you swap forward and back around, so you slide back and do up and forward smashes.

I'm not sure as this has been discovered already, as I looked through some threads and saw nothing, but it is possible that i missed it so i figured I would post here before making a thread. Also, sorry about the terminology, i'm not sure which ATs are which yet.

EDIT: Sorry, it is back, then diagonal-up-forward + A, not c-stick.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
Okay i was messing around with ICs today doing dashing upsmashes, and i thought that if i dashed in one direction and then quickly input a dash in the original direction and an up smash i could slide farther than normal (this may sound stupid, but bear with me - i'm new here). While i was doing this, i made an interesting discovery: If you dash backwards, then A while holding the joystick up and forward, you will slide forward like a normal dashing upsmash, but Popo will do a foward smash, and Nana will do an Upsmash. It also works with charging the smashes, so with only a little big more time taken to start the move, you can dash forward and use both charged up and down smashes simultaneously!

So the input is like this: Tap backwards only the joystick, then quickly press diagonal-up-forward on the joystick + A.

It also works if you swap forward and back around, so you slide back and do up and forward smashes.

I'm not sure as this has been discovered already, as I looked through some threads and saw nothing, but it is possible that i missed it so i figured I would post here before making a thread. Also, sorry about the terminology, i'm not sure which ATs are which yet.

EDIT: Sorry, it is back, then diagonal-up-forward + A, not c-stick.
yes you can do different attacks while desynched even smashes yes you can also do Smash side b or something down b and side b you can make crazy combinations

No the jab stands them up and thus gives them time to get away. In some cases the jab will actually make them slightly airborne, and they can jump away.

Interesting theory, but this is something I wish could happen ever since Brawl came out (i.e. THUNDERS' COMBO)
that is true
ah well im gonna experiment around with it and hope i come up with something like it that is un escapeable You will hear more about this :p
im not gonna give up on this

Edit: Facepalm... just do 1 ice block that will force him into stand up animation and then the enemy is still in range for regrab but im concerned about the enemy SOMETIMES not getting up so you do 1 ice block regrab to Dthrow Fair then use 2 ice blocks it works for me and he will still be in range for a regrab
thats something that might work and it beats the ice block lock
it will give them less then a second time to get away but mostly when REAL players are being chaingrabbed their like What the hell...... and dont know what to do

Dthrow > Fair > 1 ice block > Regrab w popo > Dthrow Fair > 2 ice blocks > Regrab > REPEAT

Edit2: Woo! i tested it in a match today online and it works just fine :) i hope this will help us IC mains (i geuss not cause i fail)

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Hi, noob IC player here, please help

1. How far away can the secondary climber be from the primary climber before the secondary does not respond to commands but rather just tries to catch up to the primary?

2. How far away can the secondary climber be from the other for the Up-B to work (it may be tedious but the most useful answer would probably be in IC body length)?

3. Do the individual ICs have differences with their attacks (besides Fair)(damage/knockback/etc.)?

4. Does it matter towards the Up-B whether the secondary climber is above or below you?

5. What is the best tactic for a lone Climber?

6. What level of AI takes over for the secondary climber when too far away from the primary?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Hi, noob IC player here, please help

1. How far away can the secondary climber be from the primary climber before the secondary does not respond to commands but rather just tries to catch up to the primary?

No clue, but I'll be guessing 2 characters away

2. How far away can the secondary climber be from the other for the Up-B to work (it may be tedious but the most useful answer would probably be in IC body length)?

Again I don't know, in some cases, some people have gotten their other climber from all the way under the map in FD from the stage, the key rule is that as long as they are synced, they will connect

3. Do the individual ICs have differences with their attacks (besides Fair)(damage/knockback/etc.)?

The knockback on the Fsmash is different, I really don't know about anything else, but it seems likely.

4. Does it matter towards the Up-B whether the secondary climber is above or below you?

No

5. What is the best tactic for a lone Climber?

Play smart and space properly.

6. What level of AI takes over for the secondary climber when too far away from the primary?

Huh? Level of AI? The only thing I know about the AI when it's far away from you, it trys to come back to you in a predictable way again and again.
Answers in bold

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I would have told ja to say what you need in here, but since Kawaii Bunny is a mod, I don't have to wait for Hylain to stop drinking his Dr Pepper and lock a thread :3

lain

Smash Master
this is what happened SINCE U BEEN GONEEEEE

scrub said:
HAI GAIZ I WUZ JSUT WUNDERING HOW 2 DO THE CG CORRECTLY? I CAN'T GET THE BTHROW TIMING, CAN SOME1 PLZ JUST **** OUT AN ANSWER FOR ME?!
the almight lain said:
Bnzaaaaaaaaaaa said:
[6000 word essay]
=-KawaiixXx[B said:
[N][N][Y]] I am a girl and thus guys hit on me so I became a mod to classify it sexual harassment. you'll all receive statements within three business days kthxbai :3

Hi said:
I know a lot of ridiculous crap that breaks the universe.
CHIBIICEKIMERS said:
Listen man, I already told I'm pretty sure popo and nana's uairs both do 12% each when fresh. srsly. hey are you listening?
FROZENBOBOBOBOOBO said:
I am cool because I like superjail. oh yeah and my sig is really cryptic. what was this topic about again?
oh ho said:
I am really good. I knows the metaknihgts for ic's.
this turned into something i completely did not intend.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Lol, that was probably the best post I've ever seen on this site. x3

Dev2000

Smash Lord
I see...

As far as I can tell, noobs/spammers have conquered us. WE are being destroyed by the interwebs!!

And were there actually any new CG's/tactics/desyncs discovered? Or did everybody just die after I left
i geuss that bthrow footstool ice block thing from Hylian and that IC quickgrab Also Hylian but idk for sure if you already know

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
*Messed up* <.<

*cough* Err, yeah, we've pretty much been taken over by newer people trying to figure out how to play ICs so we pretty much get "HAO DO U CHANEGRAB???" Threads everyday.

Sorry about that edit. xDD

Dev2000

Smash Lord
*Messed up* <.<

*cough* Err, yeah, we've pretty much been taken over by newer people trying to figure out how to play ICs so we pretty much get "HAO DO U CHANEGRAB???" Threads everyday.

Sorry about that edit. xDD
Ye that was a pain :( well your mod now so you have the power to press Lock thread so noooow we wont have that problem that much anymore cause your more active on IC boards then other mods

every day i logged on some new thread popped up with How do i chaingrab
No seriously how do i do it?

and its quite obvious we have a Q&A thread when you first visit these boards :\ i geuss some people will never learn :\

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Yeah... Basically there are more new people interested in ICs so they go "Hey! I need to learn how to chaingrab!"

There's not much changed really :3

Top Bottom