• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Well I was talking about like a down throw foward throw cg or something because you always have to turn around at the edge of the stage or somthing but instead you could just walk them off the stage.

HotWings

Smash Ace
what are all the characters that ice climbers can bthrow > dthrow > bthrow > dthrow > rinse and repeat.

The only ones i can do that with so far is pikachu and metaknight.. are them 2 just the easiest to do it with or are them the only ones you can do it with?

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
what are all the characters that ice climbers can bthrow > dthrow > bthrow > dthrow > rinse and repeat.

The only ones i can do that with so far is pikachu and metaknight.. are them 2 just the easiest to do it with or are them the only ones you can do it with?
Bad question.

Can be done with everyone, just different timing because of different weight.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
should I use ice cs grab (nana side tilts constantly to 120%) then down grab (nana fsmash). Any advice.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Thanks for the help =D

Lain, you got anything to add? ;)
good **** yesterday btw, wish I got 2 more rds ahead to play you.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Well im just starting to train with ice climber.

and yes its woobles from melee.

I dont really know any execution moves for ice c. but they caught my interest after that match with m2k vs woobles at Apex.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Well im just starting to train with ice climber.

and yes its woobles from melee.

I dont really know any execution moves for ice c. but they caught my interest after that match with m2k vs woobles at Apex.
This is a brawl board not a melee board. Go to the melee subforum if you wanna ask about wobbling. Wobbling does not exist in Brawl. If your interested in learning CG's in brawl check the sticky threads first.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I want some advice on Olimar and stages. I always strike BF and I know the Olimar will always strike FD first. Lately (well the Olimar I need to beat soon) strikes YI also. Would SV or PS1 be better for us?

Next, what should I ban and counterpick? We're using this ruleset/stages (http://www.brawldomain.com/index.php?topic=2258.0) Lately, I've had no idea what to ban, but I CP either SV (he bans FD) or Frigate. I just really don't know what to do. :(

Sieguest

Smash Master
I would go to SV imo. I think the transformations on PS1 would be more beneficial to Olimar than us. While SV is a bit more straightforward and the climbers do well on stages like that.

Ban Brinstar? That's the only stage I see as sort of a threat besides Norfair. But Norfair is dumb for him too. I'd stick with what you're CPing now. Unless you want to be lol and go to RC and try to take his stocks at that part where there are no ledges. heh.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Halberd can be a good one to ban if the player doesn't like brinstar or rainbow.

Halberd's low ceiling is just as beneficial to oli as it is for snake, and olimar likes being able to recover and attack through the bottom of the stage.

But since your both using ground based characters it's more of a player to player basis. I can see rainbow cruise being good for olimar in the MU if the opponent has learn the stage. On the boat he can attack you from the left ledge with relative ease and on the right side of the boat he can send f-smash pikimin over the mini wall. Olimar's aerials aren't bad at all and can use the rising part to attack, and the last part of the stage has a ridiculously ow ceiling for olimar's up-smash to kill.

Brinstar is just bad for IC's in general and banning that wouldn't be a bad idea. Olimar gets the lava to sometimes save him from a gimp and the early KO's.

So which would you rather not fight oli on, Halberd? Rainbow? or Brinstar?

Your CP I would stick with a neutral unless the player doesn't like Frigate, but I've seen Olimar perform quite well on that stage, especially on characters that have trouble actually gimping him.

Teh Future

Smash Master
1st game - i dont like SV olimar is really annoying on the moving platform

2nd -every character should take ICs to brinstar.

3rd- CP Yoshi's Island.

also you should probably give up on the matchup because olimar is completely broken and the best character in the game.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Who is the hardest character for Icies to cg?
Why do people ask these questions (especially non-icies mains) like they are going to all pick up the character they cant cg correctly? If it was a sensible question about character data or something, I could understand how it could be important.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I have a question, how come the video thread is separated by who Smoom thinks the top players are, and then member videos?

It should just be alphabetical and then maybe next to a good player put (Top player)

Smoom77

Smash Master
I didn't place those in the pro post myself. All of them were in that post originally by Kawaii. The only person I added was Cheese and Kakera.

No false accusations :)

Rushisu

Smash Rookie
I got a match-up problem and need a little advice about it. Mr Game and Watch, how to play agianst him and more importend 'how to deal with bair'. Iheard you need to SSDI it? (Never heard of it, Shield smash DI or something)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I got a match-up problem and need a little advice about it. Mr Game and Watch, how to play agianst him and more importend 'how to deal with bair'. Iheard you need to SSDI it? (Never heard of it, Shield smash DI or something)
the term you're looking for ISSDI. it stands for in shield sdi. It essentially functions like sdi, only during the hitstun of an attack on shield. From what I understand, there are two ways to do it. The first is hard but the most effective. It involves sdiing in shield to frame perfection during the hit stun of the move. This prevents rolling out of shield. The way I prefer is to tilt your shield horizontally until your inputting the full control stick throw. it doesn't go as far, but you don't have to worry about rolling.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Lol, my Delfino texture. I'm probably going to revamp that someday because it looks horribly messy now from this time of viewing it. x.x

There were no bone changes or anything like that; it's just a stage glitch.

J4pu

Smash Champion
if the IC boards are anything like they used to be I'm gunna get flamed to hell for this and without an answer to show for it, but here goes anyways
What's new with IC's lately? aka past 4 months or so.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
if the IC boards are anything like they used to be I'm gunna get flamed to hell for this and without an answer to show for it, but here goes anyways
What's new with IC's lately? aka past 4 months or so.
I won't flame ya too much. :D

Been wondering where you headed off to. The most important news is lains "combo". I shalt not reveal it through this place though. The second most important news is smoom stepping it up in Texas after Hylian moved to MW.

Where have you been?

J4pu

Smash Champion
I won't flame ya too much. :D

Been wondering where you headed off to. The most important news is lains "combo". I shalt not reveal it through this place though. The second most important news is smoom stepping it up in Texas after Hylian moved to MW.

Where have you been?
Why must you taunt me with such a secret, PM it to meeehhhh!!

Well in all honesty I only came over to Ice Climbers as my total interest in brawl was dying off, thought they might add a more technical aspect that would make me like the game more, and they did, but they also made other characters play "gay" so I'm basically done with competitive brawl unless I have some random opportunity to go to a local that wont cost me too much money.
Nice to hear smoom lived up to expectations, i remember he was just starting to do well when i was last here, cheese too iirc.

I was also playing sc bw since like last november to prepare for sc2, so now sc2 is my game of choice, you guys should get it, even if its just for fun, its a great game.

Top Bottom