• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
What I did for the smash hobble was set z to attack and x to grab that way popo is free to do whatever while nana is charging the smash. If you don't change z or a trigger to attack then you have to claw for the smash hobble.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I figured it out, if you just charge it with control stick+a nana charges and popo walks forward a bit to make the grab simple, its not anything hard now that I know :D

thanks guys

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
sooo I'm going to a tourney in like a week from now and theres no mike haze rule against yelling in your ear while your chain grabbing...=/
my friend says hes gonna abuse it if he has to play me but I was just wondering
has anybody had this done to them? and if so what do you think is the best thing to do about it?
I was thinking ear plugs or head phones with music going or something but idk what works the best.

B0NK

Smash Lord
sooo I'm going to a tourney in like a week from now and theres no mike haze rule against yelling in your ear while your chain grabbing...=/
has anybody had this done to them? and if so what do you think is the best thing to do about it?
I was thinking ear plugs or head phones with music going or something but idk what works the best.
Headphones are really the only thing, but don't just let it happen. Hopefully your TO has some sense to stop your "friend" (seriously what friend would do that -_-), TO always has the final say in those matters. (and really a lot of TO don't put the mike haze rule in their rulesets....it's just obvious that yelling directly into the ear of your opponent is disrespectful and distracts from gameplay).

But if not, headphones are your best bet. Also you should also be prepared for crowd noise anyways and if it really does distract then just use the headphones, i see many players do so just so the crowd hype/trash talk doesn't get to them.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If they mikehaze you, they are free to be Leonidas'd.

In the event they yell in your ear to make you drop a chain grab, you have justifiable causation to turn to him, and tell him to "choose [his] words carefully, Persian".

If he does it again, you may then yell, "THIS! IS! BULL****!" and kick him square in the chest.

This strategy is 100% legit and field tested.

Sieguest

Smash Master
If they mikehaze you, they are free to be Leonidas'd.

In the event they yell in your ear to make you drop a chain grab, you have justifiable causation to turn to him, and tell him to "choose [his] words carefully, Persian".

If he does it again, you may then yell, "THIS! IS! BULL****!" and kick him square in the chest.

This strategy is 100% legit and field tested.
This strategy is just as risky as the IRL Fsmash.

Insane amounts of cooldown on that move. >_______>
(Actually, the cooldown on that move varies according to how much damage you do to your opponent. Frame tested....)

DeLux

This strategy is just as risky as the IRL Fsmash.

Insane amounts of cooldown on that move. >_______>
(Actually, the cooldown on that move varies according to how much damage you do to your opponent. Frame tested....)
SoPo fsmash without a hammer in real life? Bad. And besides, everyone knows that the IC's kick is broken. They just can't use it in game to make things balanced.

Sieguest

Smash Master
SoPo fsmash without a hammer in real life? Bad. And besides, everyone knows that the IC's kick is broken. They just can't use it in game to make things balanced.
Who said the fsmash was without a hammer? <___< (Needs more Lux reading skype chat)

DeLux

Needs more hammer. And needs less spamming our Q&A. My bad team.

Prawn

Smash Master
the actual way to beat mikehazing:

whenevers hes doing anything, recovering, trying to hit you, idk anything. just scream at him really loud out of nowhere, he'll get hit by grabs, or **** up recovering, or at the least be really annoyed

if he continues you both will create so much commotion someone will step in and make a rule or say stop it or something

yeah u might have to embarrass urself but w/e

Smoom77

Smash Master

whenevers hes doing anything, recovering, trying to hit you, idk anything. just scream at him really loud out of nowhere, he'll get hit by grabs, or **** up recovering, or at the least be really annoyed

if he continues you both will create so much commotion someone will step in and make a rule or say stop it or something

omg i wanna try that

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion

We'll call it prawning.

Yelling the whole match in order to create a Mikehazing rule.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman

rofl I love it.

what I should do is learn how to chain grab him blind and yell back at him while I'm chain grabbing him lol

-LzR-

Smash Hero
When I chaingrab, I almost like lose my consciousness.
I just see the Climbers, I hear nothing. But I can still do stuff like talk and so on while doing it. No MikeHaze tactic is going to stop me.

Prawn

Smash Master
yeah successfully completing ur cgs is a good way to get people to stop too lol. they look dumb if they're screaming/trashtalking and it does nothing

Joe_Cool

Smash Cadet
My friend's say that MK is very easy to chaingrab...Bthrow Dthrow..repeat.. But I have the most trouble with him. Does anyone recommend any other types of grabs? on MK.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Bthrow to Dthrow is the easiest way to CG MK. The error margin is huge. An alternative is Bthrow to fthrow. It has a smaller room for error.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
My friend's say that MK is very easy to chaingrab...Bthrow Dthrow..repeat.. But I have the most trouble with him. Does anyone recommend any other types of grabs? on MK.
Bthrow Dthrow is the easiest to me, I've seen a guy do Bthrow Bthrow repeat before.
But I had the same problem when I first started learning the cg I could only get mk to like 40% and nothing more, but now I can go above 300% it just takes time and patients.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Joe. There is no best way to CG ANYONE. You may like bthrow fthrow but someone might like bthrow dthrow.

Avhena: Same thing. Bthrow dthrow is NOT the easiest. It's not the hardest either. It's personal preference.

BadKarma is smart.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Joe. There is no best way to CG ANYONE. You may like bthrow fthrow but someone might like bthrow dthrow.

Avhena: Same thing. Bthrow dthrow is NOT the easiest. It's not the hardest either. It's personal preference.

BadKarma is smart.
This guy.

But yeah, no BEST way, its all up to your preference. I love Down Throw chains on Heavies, but someone else may prefer Bthrow Fthrow.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
What's up IC players?

I know I've asked this before, but I'm seriously going to second ICs because their uniqe playstyle, and overall gayness playstyle attracts me(no homo).

*How can I get better @ chaingrabbing w/ them? What are the weight classes I need to learn?
*How can I improve as a player @ a greater rate?
*What do I have to learn in order to become a successful IC player?
*Anything else?

Thanks,
~GsTaR

Sieguest

Smash Master
What's up IC players?

I know I've asked this before, but I'm seriously going to second ICs because their uniqe playstyle, and overall gayness playstyle attracts me(no homo).

*How can I get better @ chaingrabbing w/ them? What are the weight classes I need to learn?
*How can I improve as a player @ a greater rate?
*What do I have to learn in order to become a successful IC player?
*Anything else?

Thanks,
~GsTaR
Hmm.
* Practice. That's all you can do to get better with chaingrabs. Just keep on them doing them.
* Play people better than you. x.x Once you get tired of losing you'll start thinking about things that you can do better and you'll start playing smarter. (That pretty much goes for any character am I right?)
*@_@ How to pressure opponents into doing what you want them to do and forcing them into mistakes; ;eeping up with Nana (lol); knowing when to be synced or desynced.
*Learn the basics first before jumping to stuff like chaingrabs. If you work the other way around, you'll end up just chasing grabs the whole match. Once you get comfortable with the climbers capabilities outside of chaingrabbing, then you can start to work on ways you can get your opponent to slip up into a grab.

\my half cent of...awesome?

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
^^^^^^^^^^^^ sums it up pretty much.

here are the weight classes in case you were still wondering.

Very Heavy
Bowser (Koopa)
Dedede, King
Donkey Kong

Heavy
Charizard
Ganondorf
Snake
Samus

Medium-Heavy
Captain Falcon
Ike
Link
R.O.B.
Wario
Wolf
Yoshi

Medium
Lucario
Luigi
Mario
Ivysaur
Sonic

Medium-Light
Diddy Kong
Ice Climber
Lucas
Toon Link
Ness
Peach
Pit

Light-Weight
Marth
Olimar
Sheik
Zelda

Very Light-Weight
Falco
Fox
Kirby
Meta Knight
Pikachu
Squirtle
Zero Suit Samus

Feather-Weight
Mr. Game & Watch
Jigglypuff

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
^ Bad information above.

Weight classes are ALSO preference. I throws certain characters different, no one will have the exact same preference.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Bowser 1.111
Donkey Kong 1.091
Snake 1.076
Dedede 1.071
Charizard 1.061
Ganondorf 1.056
Samus 1.051
Yoshi 1.045
Wario 1.045
R.O.B. 1.040
Ike 1.035
Captain Falcon 1.030
Link 1.030
Wolf 1.020
Lucario 1.010
Ivysaur 1.010
Mario 1
Luigi 0.995
Sonic 0.985
Ness 0.980
Pit 0.980
Lucas 0.980
Diddy Kong 0.975
Toon Link 0.970
Ice Climber 0.970
Peach 0.960
Marth 0.944
Sheik 0.935
Zelda 0.935
Falco 0.919
Olimar 0.919
Zero Suit Samus 0.914
Fox 0.910
Pikachu 0.904
Meta Knight 0.904
Kirby 0.899
Squirtle 0.884
Mr. Game & Watch 0.884
Jigglypuff 0.849

^Correct info

DeLux

I think the whole "cg by weight"idea is fundamentally flawed. The current frame data project EA and I are heading ought to dispell any myths on "which character is easiest to cg". I'd explain more, but I'm texting this from my phone. dedication. for now, you could probabaly consult the posted IC frame data for reliable cg timing.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
What do you guys think of Wobbling or Hobbling of whatever it was, the footstool iceblock things. It's so easy, but is it really effective?

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I think the whole "cg by weight"idea is fundamentally flawed. The current frame data project EA and I are heading ought to dispell any myths on "which character is easiest to cg". I'd explain more, but I'm texting this from my phone. dedication. for now, you could probabaly consult the posted IC frame data for reliable cg timing.
For timing in general, I'd go by your own muscle memory than to completely blind myself by frame data. Thats just how I've been rollin'.
What do you guys think of Wobbling or Hobbling of whatever it was, the footstool iceblock things. It's so easy, but is it really effective?
Hobbling is the name. I hate when people do that. -.-

It is only truly effective if a) The stage is flat and b) The opponent is out of 'mashing out range'. Its still easy to control where you're going by (S)DI'ing the Ice Block.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
hobbling is really reliable at high %s because its pretty easy and its still inescapable up until like 250% or something, so after i've CG'd a fatty (namely snake) to like 60% with dthrows i'll just hobble because it guarantees me the kill whereas even if you're perfect with bthrow CGing, nana can still trip :\

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of nana tripping. Does anybody know any way to prevent it from happening? like I know it's going to happen no matter what but does
Anybody know any way to make it happen less often?

Sieguest

Smash Master
hobbling is really reliable at high %s because its pretty easy and its still inescapable up until like 250% or something, so after i've CG'd a fatty (namely snake) to like 60% with dthrows i'll just hobble because it guarantees me the kill whereas even if you're perfect with bthrow CGing, nana can still trip :\
Just make her soft turn when you bthrow to Nana and you won't have to worry about her tripping. o.o

Top Bottom