• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Soo I'm trying to figure out different ways of practicing with my ics. So what do you guys do when practicing? Like do you have any routine that seems to work well for you? I seem to start practicing and start messing around most of the time lol

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Soo I'm trying to figure out different ways of practicing with my ics. So what do you guys do when practicing? Like do you have any routine that seems to work well for you? I seem to start practicing and start messing around most of the time lol
Random level 9s, let them hit you, and DI/SDI/ISSDI the hits into a grab and CG them.

PractiseCactus

Smash Rookie
What about their cg's? What cg would you suggest to practice for a rookie, ie which one is the easiest to start off with? I can get a chain of four fthrows, and can cg bthrow to dthrow, but I can't do it consistently.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Just to let you know, there is a practice discussion thread started by Hylain on the IC mainpaige with some pretty useful comments.

Which cg? Don't limit yourself. Practice all of them as much as possible. I wouldn't encourage waiting to master one before moving on to the next; understand that what you are doing will take time and put said time into it.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
I think back throw to down throw is easiest for light characters and hobbling is easiest on heavy characters. But that's just me.

rED023b

Smash Apprentice
NNID
himanattsu
Does this sum up this question well?

"What about fighting a projectilist?"

Uh... that's quite a vocabulary. I can only assume that you're talking about how to dodge projectiles in general. Normally, one would think to walk PS to the camper, but just keep in mind you should desynch somewhere when you approach closer, because you'll usually want to approach desynched in most mus. However, the reason ICs doesn't worry about this too much is because they have a great tool that deals with most projectiles like nothing, the Ice Block. It can plow straight through fully charged Aura Sphere, Pit's Arrows, and Samus's Charged shot are a few examples.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Does this sum up this question well?

"What about fighting a projectilist?"

Uh... that's quite a vocabulary. I can only assume....
what is this i dont even...

BROOKLYN RAGE

So, um, I know this has been ansered in the past, but everyone grows as a player, and I'm curious as to how you guys go about it now...

How do you guys go about the diddy matchup? I find it to be the pits. Any personal tricks/tips? Everyone and their mother says "get both bananas", and it's cute, but it really feels like hanging on to them doesn't buy you that much time (one hit and nana will drop it, diddy is nimble enough to get around a moveset consisting of only special attacks). I personally favor the jab for a quick gtfo while securing/deflecting bananas. Do any of you throw bananas over the side whenever you get them?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
what is this i dont even...

BROOKLYN RAGE

So, um, I know this has been ansered in the past, but everyone grows as a player, and I'm curious as to how you guys go about it now...

How do you guys go about the diddy matchup? I find it to be the pits. Any personal tricks/tips? Everyone and their mother says "get both bananas", and it's cute, but it really feels like hanging on to them doesn't buy you that much time (one hit and nana will drop it, diddy is nimble enough to get around a moveset consisting of only special attacks). I personally favor the jab for a quick gtfo while securing/deflecting bananas. Do any of you throw bananas over the side whenever you get them?
You can fsmash holding bananas. Use this to punish huge mistakes. Then you can Blizz, IB, and Squall to rack up damage and play very defensive. If you see an opportunity to force a mistake, THEN you throw a banana. Grab -> Dead.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Approaching, desynced in most match ups?
Power shielding projectiles as you walk towards them, desyncing when you get close?
WHAT?
Do you really play this character?

You sound like you might be better playing as SoPo.
Just sayin', judging by the way you play, you must lose your Nana an awful lot.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I agree with Lux. Wait to use your banana till you see a mistake. You can get your grab more easily when you Popo:throw naner, Nana:IB and popo can follow the IB and grab.

OpFor

Smash Rookie
im not sure but here's it go's .. i think i found out a new desyncing .. i have tired it pull it off a couple of times , its an run animation cancel twice with a long pause stop to ice block or what ever ... i think its possible

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I agree with Lux. Wait to use your banana till you see a mistake. You can get your grab more easily when you Popo:throw naner, Nana:IB and popo can follow the IB and grab.
Yepp.

desyncing vs diddy *****

you guys are silly
Yepp.

im not sure but here's it go's .. i think i found out a new desyncing .. i have tired it pull it off a couple of times , its an run animation cancel twice with a long pause stop to ice block or what ever ... i think its possible
Oh dear god.

vs diddy you have to learn to deal with bananas and use them to bait diddy into where you want him
Yepp.

Sieguest

Smash Master
im not sure but here's it go's .. i think i found out a new desyncing .. i have tired it pull it off a couple of times , its an run animation cancel twice with a long pause stop to ice block or what ever ... i think IMDOINITWRONG
Fixed for the utmost accuracy.
To be serious though, from just the way you described it, it sounds like something that is all ready known. You should check the desyncing thread to make sure it's not one of those that are listed in there.

Else, the hobo encased in ice will give you freezerburn. o.o

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Lmao, ^^^
But by the way he explained it, it sounds silly and there are probably a million other desyncs that are much faster and more effective anyways.
ALSO LOL@ITSANRUN
BECOME AN HERO

Rushisu

Smash Rookie
I got a probleem with the Diddy match-up. I have no idea what to do against diddy. Also the Diddy macth-up on the boards isnt really help full >.<'. The nana's, DDK attacks, im realy helpless in this match up and i suck in playing agianst diddy. Somebody some advice against a advancend/pro diddy?

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I love playing Diddys. Item throw desynch is really useful. Ice Blocks stop incoming naners from the ground, if thrown at you from the air, there isn't anything diddy can do to follow up. Just desynch carefully so you don't get your nana gimped. If you see them fair a lot, mix it up with Blizzard, since Blizz outranges all of his options that aren't called Banana. If they spotdodge alot, jab them out of it, or if you're brave jab -> grab and **** em after that. Just remember to use lots of ice blocks and desynch smart and you should be fine.

My verdict is 6:4 Icies favor.
Important desynchs: Item throw, Shield Drop desynch

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Idk why but I have a hard time chain grabing Diddy. I can do the characters in his weight class/area but I have trouble with him. I think it's a mental block. What cg do you find easiest on diddy? I can get a 0-death about 1/4 of the time with the back throw down throw one but does anybody prefure any other one?

Sieguest

Smash Master
lol I've gotten to the point where I try and bthrow-fthrow every character. xD

But really, just experiment with different grabs and look for cues that will help you know when to press for the regrab. After you find that, it's just drilling and killing it until you get more and more comfortable going with it.

Prawn

Smash Master
diddys tough.

its all practice. idk. i never practice hence why i prawn combo all the time

im gonna practice this week :3

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm waiting for a chance to play Gnes in tourney because the first time I played Gnes, he three-stocked me twice (I had NO IDEA what I was doing). But now, I rarely lose my three before taking off two of his. But of course, someone can say it's just 'friendlies'. >.>

I feel like it's not the matchup that is really hard, but I'm just not as smart as Gnes.

Smoom77

Smash Master
It's horrible when she gets spiked...

Another lesson: don't get seperated. Don't get tripped by a naner thrown at you.

Frio

Smash Champion

Smoom77

Smash Master

B0NK

Smash Lord
got a quick question. would pictochat be a good cp against a mk?
It can be, just expect a dragged out match because there will be a lot of stuff for either you or the mk to camp with. Many transformations you become pretty much unapproachable with just desynched blizzards, while other transformations allow MK to just jump away. The only real problem for IC's on this stage is if you get put into a small space, then you have no where to run while MK can attack and put you offstage. Transformations like the whale if your on one side of it, or the boxes. In general stay on top of the whale or the boxes so you don't just get hit offstage where MK can freely attack you.

I have mixed feelings about the stage because while it has gained me some win, I have also had the stage cause some losses for me from just poor positioning on a random transformation.

Top Bottom