• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
what would you say if I picked up ICs thanks to you lain?

after 5 days I can only f throw chain grab. can't get d throw or b throw timing for the life of me. I got f throw in 1 day

-Ripple

penguin_and_panda

Smash Apprentice
got another question for you guys..... My favourite chain grab is the Fthrow alternate... Now I can't 0-death because there is one stupid thing in my way... every multiple of 24% so 24,48,72 etc... I can't seem to grab them. So lets say they start at 0, Fthrow, 8, Fthrow, 16, Fthrow, missed grab, he's on 24%. Then is I grab him again and Fthrow I can do it until 48%. WHY CAN'T I DO IT FOREVER! (I also suck at backthrow btw....)
Thanks

r3d d09

Smash Master
got another question for you guys..... My favourite chain grab is the Fthrow alternate... Now I can't 0-death because there is one stupid thing in my way... every multiple of 24% so 24,48,72 etc... I can't seem to grab them. So lets say they start at 0, Fthrow, 8, Fthrow, 16, Fthrow, missed grab, he's on 24%. Then is I grab him again and Fthrow I can do it until 48%. WHY CAN'T I DO IT FOREVER! (I also suck at backthrow btw....)
Thanks
Does nana shield or just plan miss the grab?
back throws. tell me what nana is doing as well.
I will try and help you out.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
maybe your just mindgaming yourself lol. so everytime you notice the percent is a multiple of 24. u miss. it happens to me when i notice myself at 111%. like within the next five seconds i die for some reason. lol

lain

Smash Master
what would you say if I picked up ICs thanks to you lain?

after 5 days I can only f throw chain grab. can't get d throw or b throw timing for the life of me. I got f throw in 1 day

-Ripple
I say... become Chewy2.0 LMAO.

what ever happened to that guy anyways? he was pretty much the original midwest ic. in fact when i saw him at a tournament near the start of brawl i was like wtfwtwtfwtfwtf so cool.

Also, this past tourney I got 2nd/42. Lost to Kel in winner's, then beat y.b.m. (2-0), shugo (2-1), ad az (3-0) all in a row. m2k and i were originally gonna split, but i got pressured by the midwest ppl to play him. In the end, they got me feeling up to it and I got 3-0'd. :[

Crazy *** set though. Every game is like we almost 3 stock each other but then the other guy comes back. next time.

penguin_and_panda

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. I've got a problem.... I want to get better at this game, but unfortunately I can't because I'm too young to go to a tournament (don't ask me what my age is).
I could play on Wifi but I don't HAVE Wifi thanks to my Dad even though I have internet, and even if I did connect my Wii, ICs aren't very good for Wifi.... WHAT DO I DO TO GET BETTER AT THIS GAME (instead of fighting computers...) thanks

Dev2000

Smash Lord
Well... what i did to get better at ice climbers does involve fighting cpu's
but i'd first practice and perfect the chaingrabs/desynch methods in training and then use them agains lvl 9's to get the feeling of what it's like in a fight
but what really helped me was wifi to get better at the non-grab game cause they would fail anyway

and once you get wifi join online tournaments in the online tournaments listing section
if you can't go to tournaments then that's an option
but you can also wait for other people to reply to your question and see what option will help you out the best

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I say... become Chewy2.0 LMAO.

what ever happened to that guy anyways? he was pretty much the original midwest ic. in fact when i saw him at a tournament near the start of brawl i was like wtfwtwtfwtfwtf so cool.

he still plays but me and him don't go to tournaments that often because the onse closest to us are always OOS (stupid illinois). We'll try to make MIB but that may be the only 1 this year we'll make now that we're in colege and split up.

I'm now in macomb and he's in champaign. 3-4 hours away when we used to be neighbors. :(

-Ripple

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I only practice on lvl 1's >_>.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Um...those were lvl 1st lol. I don't practice against 9's.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
i sometimes practice cg lvl 9's. only cuz everyone up here can get out of my grabs as fast as them or even faster. lol it sucks. but usually i just leave it on the default lvl 3.

penguin_and_panda

Smash Apprentice
Lvl 9s are annoying because they react to button input instead of what is seen like humans which means they have super hardcore reflexes >.<
I might follow Hylian because he's awesome at climbers and practice against lvl 1s =)
I just watched one of my replays, and I really need to chain grab a bit more when I play lvl 9s... I always use either short hop blizzard or squall to approach... I really need to change it up a bit >.<

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lvl 9s here. You might as well practice against them cuz they are somewhat decent at button mashing.
I buffer all my throws lol so that doesn't matter :p.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I think I'm grabbing too much. Somtimes when I land a grab, Nana is to far away for me to immedietly start analternate throw CG, and they are able to mash out. Then again, I'm grabbing like this it is at a low percent. Should I only grab to punish or something? I don't know, I just feel like I'm doing something wrong in this area.

r3d d09

Smash Master
what i do is Dthrow in those circumstances, it damages and will get nana close to you if she is desynced and it give you that split second longer to set up for your alts.
Understand? if not i can explain better.

Top Bottom