• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I don't really use Ftilt...ever. If I'm ever in a position where I could use it, I usually use Jab. I'm not sure if that's better, it's just my personal preferance.

Judo777

Smash Master
hey i have a quick question why dont i ever see ICS just grab someone and pummel them til they escape then have nana regrab kinda like they do in teams?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Because Nana and Popo stand next to each other rather than on opposite sides...?

Judo777

Smash Master
no what i mean is while one of the ICS is grabbing the oter can walk forward just a little bit so when you release the other is far enough forward to regrab.

r3d d09

Smash Master
no what i mean is while one of the ICS is grabbing the oter can walk forward just a little bit so when you release the other is far enough forward to regrab.
I do this at times, but it's faster, more effective to just alt it out. only reason to just GR RG *grab release regrab* is to get near an edge, but you can do that by F throwing and dealing damage.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
why is it exactly that an ic pivot grab goes through mk's tornado? ive been trying it with other characters and it never seems to work, but its fairly easy with the ics.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
everyone can grab mk out of nado. standing running, or pivoted. its just hard.

you proly can do it only with ICs because you just have their timing down better with them

I was messing around with practicing desnyching and did something odd. Popo performed SideB while Nana did Blizzard. But the odd thing was that as Popo SideBed forward, nana slide behind him performing the Blizzard. It slide for roughly the duration of the SideB (1/4 FD).

I've never heard of this before. So I was just wondering, is this useful to ever try to duplicate again (no idea how I did it really).

Smoom77

Smash Master
Yes, that's been discovered. But this isn't too usefull because there still is a desynced popo in the front. An attack like DK's ftilt could hit popo out.

How to do it is to desync however you like to, then when popo is free, use squall. Then when nana is free, use blizzard.

@DZhou, that doesn't work. Someone could easily mash out of that grab. Don't try that.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I was messing around with practicing desnyching and did something odd. Popo performed SideB while Nana did Blizzard. But the odd thing was that as Popo SideBed forward, nana slide behind him performing the Blizzard. It slide for roughly the duration of the SideB (1/4 FD).

I've never heard of this before. So I was just wondering, is this useful to ever try to duplicate again (no idea how I did it really).
Nana is like stuck to you...basically
If you're desynced and she's blizzarding, you can move popo back and forth and she'll slide with you....
perfectly normal! :bee:

@Smoon-that's when you play the Popo run behind the blizzard :p

Padô

Smash Lord
Hello guys!
We are currently discussing the IC matchup on Wario forums.
It would be very nice if every single one of you share your knowledge bout this matchup with us.

Thanks.

5M45H8R05

Smash Rookie
This may seem really nooby but how do you charge an up smash while one of the ice climbers is in a grab? (i play with wiimote + nunchuck)

thx:)

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
On the wiichuck, you probably have to use shake smash and Z. That's how I snakedashed with it.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Don't hit up. Hit up on the C-STICK and Z. Like doing a DACUS, but without the DAC part.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Has anyone ever done research on Ice Climber tricks using 2 bananas? Is there a lock are something, or is it the same with one banana...etc?
I love just picking up both naners and just using them as a mind game. and diddy can't use them. takes away part of his game. knock him off the ledge and when he tries to return, the magical powers of two naners does wonders ;)

Sieguest

Smash Master
If Popo misses the catch...Nana always makes it (in my world)....she's like your back up to killing naner games....lololololol

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Yay it's my first time asking a question ^.^

Why does Nana regrab when I Dthrow with her? Why does she light shield sometimes and why doesn't' she sometimes if I try and grab with Popo...

Sieguest

Smash Master
Yay it's my first time asking a question ^.^

Why does Nana regrab when I Dthrow with her? Why does she light shield sometimes and why doesn't' she sometimes if I try and grab with Popo...
huh?
I didn't understand the first part :/ unless you mean that Nana gets the regrab before Popo after a dthrow...ICs vertical grab range is broken...(:p)

If my memory serves me, you use Nana as your main climber right?

the shielding-sometimes depending on your time, you may hit the grab button right at the end of a grab animation...(since Nana isn't going to be the one to get the grab)

Characters shield after a grab if you hold the grab button or if you press the grab button just after the grab animation...

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Well I do make Nana the first climber but for simpler sake...

The second climber regrabs when I try to grab with the first climber after the Dthrow... sometimes the second climber light shields and sometimes the second climber doesn't...

I guess if the second climber regrabs... I'm doing it too slow...

Sieguest

Smash Master
Well I do make Nana the first climber but for simpler sake...

The second climber regrabs when I try to grab with the first climber after the Dthrow... sometimes the second climber light shields and sometimes the second climber doesn't...

I guess if the second climber regrabs... I'm doing it too slow...
Yeah...depends on when you press the grab button after the intital grab...
If you get the inital grab and dthrow as soon as you grab them, and hit the grab button again for the regrab- then because of the frame difference the second climber will be just a little past the end of the grab animation and will shield...wait just a moment after the inital grab...and then you can regrab after the dthrow

when buffering a regrab- the shield appears sometimes and then the climber regrabs....

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
ice climbers own with naners btw... attack with one and throw with the other, do it right and youll get him everytime (cant shield cause you space it to go under the shield, cant spotdodge cause he'll get hit). and often youll pick up the banana with the ic that didnt have it before, so you can keep the chain going. probs a good idea to practice bananas in general (my bro is a diddy main :))

r3d d09

Smash Master
I'm secretly a Diddy main, r3d d09.
:chuckle:

I just love naner tricksies though, and thought the IC's could bring something new to the table.
secretly you don't know I'm the worst IC main on the boards and I go around giving bogus info on how to fight against IC's... true story. look how noobish i am. xD can i get some vouches? :D

EDIT: Idea. somehow. yes. it included a blond roll again ;) blond roll. one IC on each side of diddy. have one throw one, causing him to Sakurai ;) then plant the other naner on the other side. either way he rolls he is screwed and set up a grab or a smash?

so. (^.^) () ('...') () (^.^)

Legend: (^.^) = IC
()= naner
('...')= one screwed diddy. lul

See Hobs. I'm a scrub HC

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
A general question aimed at the IC boards:

You guys know about the easy, easy bthrow CG on characters about MK's weight, right?

Where you jam back on the control stick (and hold it) + grab? It works on Meta Knight and it's super, super easy to do. I just found out about it and I'm getting nearly 100% accuracy on my 0-deaths now, so I will definitely use him in tourney now.

I assume this is known, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yeah, it's know. It stales your BThrow really quickly though and is why alternating between throws is preferred.

Top Bottom