• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I guess it's only fair to not let G&W play where he is the strongest... It seems perfectly fair to let Snake do that though. Seriously, his planking is not unbeatable at all. MKs is.

Smoom77

Smash Master
If DK is strongest on the ledge, why do we limit him there?

BECAUSE THE METAGAME SHOULDN'T BE FOCUESD AROUND THE LEDGE.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
DK isn't even that strong on the ledge. There was a thread about it, even Olimar can attack him on the ledge. And why shouldn't it be focused around the ledge? Something wrong about it now? Boring, eh?

Smoom77

Smash Master
I know Olimar can hit him on the ledge. It was a very small frame window though. Not viable.

Think about it this way. Why should a player go 1000 miles to a tournament to be eliminated by a DK that decided to win by planking? That's what happened to Rich Brown. It's not fair.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
no lgl would break the game. imo, and ive looked VERY Strongly into this, pikachus plank is just as unbeatable as mks is. if i see any lgless tourney nearby im winning it LOL

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
DK isn't even that strong on the ledge. There was a thread about it, even Olimar can attack him on the ledge. And why shouldn't it be focused around the ledge? Something wrong about it now? Boring, eh?
Game and watch only has one frame where he is even possible to be hit when planking correctly. Thus, you have to either guess on the frame and throw out a move that can possibly hit him, which if you're wrong, you have a chance to be punished, and he can go right back to planking. Frame perfect guessing isn't the safest thing possible.

Its not the fact that its boring, its the fact that it completely over centralizes the game. When all you need to do is hit the opponent once and you win because you can now run to the ledge and go for a time out is ridiculously overpowered. They had to add a timer for Melee stocks JUST for this fact. (And it was caused by M2K iirc)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
All right fine. I'll master my planking, beat a tourney and then ban it if it actually helps me that much.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
The irony is hylians been advocating to me privately to do that for awhile now >_>

And I was like "no the nadesssss"

GG Hylian wins

dettadeus

Smash Lord
So is the F-Smash at the ledge after a Sopo D-Throw chaingrab guaranteed until a certain percent (like the usual end of the D-throw CG percent range), or does it always hit because people DI back towards the stage?

Also that entire game seemed pretty boss, IMO.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Until a certain percent. Dthrow doesn't have fixed knockback.

Yes, I just watched the video. 9B can even use squall correctly, ****ing crazy.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The irony is hylians been advocating to me privately to do that for awhile now >_>

And I was like "no the nadesssss"

GG Hylian wins
IT'S SO GOOD AND NO ONE EVER BELIEVES MEEEEE

:( oh well.

9B is a god lol.

DeLux

Grab him during the like 7 frames of forced getup prior to FAF which lets him pull nades.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
How do I deal with Falco? His moves are pretty safe and I can't punish as I slide far away and his jab totally destroys all my options. It sucks and it's supposed to be greatly in my favor :(

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Utilt to beat his aerial options?
Can I shieldgrab his jab if my timing is good? What if I get stuck in the jab? Should I immediately SDI away?
How should I use IBs effectively against Falco?

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Uptilt beats Dair, and I think Bair, which are the only two aerials he could possibly approach with.
Don't SDI away from Jab, SDI through him imo.

DeLux

You put a desync IB down to beat low phantasm. You put out deysnc Utilt to beat a higher phantasam.

Any other move gets shield grabbed.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Wow guys, amazing stuff. Thank you so much. The jab is the only thing stopping me from destroying his Falco. Can I really just shieldgrab his ****? I guess my timing just sucks as I fail at it or is he just baiting me?

If I do well against Falco, he is going to whip out his Marth. How do I deal with an aggressive Marth who pressures me with fairs and dtilts? It's hard to find openings and ICs slide so far away...

DeLux

I might be bad to ask. Nobody goes Falco against me so I've played 1 in tournament lol

-LzR-

Smash Hero
All right I see xD
Well I'll see if I can learn the MU into a level where he no longer even tries to beat me with Falco.
Marth will be crap though. We played it yesterday and it was all about him spacing and pretty much 0deathing me after he carried Nana away with fairs, but I always got that grab and 0deathed him in return. What a weird MU.

DeLux

If Esam is FreEsam, can I be FreeLux or have I not earned that title yet?

DeLux

He's tapping the cstick up repeatedly after the hobble instead of the IB

Aefice

Smash Apprentice
1. how low appox. does nado have to be for us to be able to pivot grab it?
2. i did a up b and it looked as though popo didn't recover as far. could anyone explain this?
3. how does blizzard exactly work, i notice sometimes it puts them in a FROZEN state?
4. when are some good times to use utilt? i don't use it often.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
If Esam is FreEsam, can I be FreeLux or have I not earned that title yet?
No you haven't, you need to be bad and main pikachu. :awesome:
What's that Hobble finisher 9B kept doing to that Snake? Nana Footstool > Nana SH U-Air (weak hitbox?) > Popo U-Smash?
Thats just him with a lazy finisher, iirc the opponent can DI into nana's hit to reduce the knock back.
1. how low appox. does nado have to be for us to be able to pivot grab it?
2. i did a up b and it looked as though popo didn't recover as far. could anyone explain this?
3. how does blizzard exactly work, i notice sometimes it puts them in a FROZEN state?
4. when are some good times to use utilt? i don't use it often.
1. in pivot grab's range obv.
2. Too vague
3. Yes it can encase people in ice from mid-high percents. Thats not really an important aspect of blizzard though.
4. When the opponent is above you/trying to airdodge into you.

DeLux

If they are trying to air dodge into me, I generally grab.

I think Utilt is a garbage move that isn't safe on hit

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If they are trying to air dodge into me, I generally grab.

I think Utilt is a garbage move that isn't safe on hit
Pffft every single one of IC's moves is safe on hit.

DeLux

Non Auto Canceled Dair, unsafely spaced IB, Synced Blizzard, Solo Squall, and Utilt though :(

Although to be fair, most of it is getting punished due to DSDI

Even Synced Squall isn't safe if they are good at DSDI

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Non Auto Canceled Dair, unsafely spaced IB, Synced Blizzard, Solo Squall, and Utilt though :(

Although to be fair, most of it is getting punished due to DSDI

Even Synced Squall isn't safe if they are good at DSDI
Nope all safe.

You have two characters remember? lol

:phone:

Top Bottom