• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
isnt snakee a ZSS main?

nice counters on the dair tho but snakee is not playing like how kyon plays the IC MU at all
Snakes mains ZSS and plays alot of peach and MK as well.

Not everyone plays exactly the same bro, at least we're trying to submit suggestions to you. =/

ch33s3

Smash Lord
isnt snakee a ZSS main?
This is why i assume that you go mk in the peach MU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTGQQhTgFL0 at 1:44
nice counters on the dair tho but snakee is not playing like how kyon plays the IC MU at all

and the reason why i don't like your play style is because you don't do desync grab setups at all but he its my opinion its just me saying this...
you have good reads on mk to but watching you fight DK and other charaters... I just dont like how you play
I usually (at that time) beat Snakeee's ZSS a lot, so he used his second on me. I go MK on the laggy TVs at MLG, because uh...try powershielding Peach's jab...not working lol. I don't play MK at all anymore. I do desync into grabs, you're just mis or uninformed. I just desync more safely than most. I lose to Will, not to DK, and even then I have a lot of trouble with heavies CGs. I do well in the VAST majority of matchups, and trust me, I do a lot of stuff you think I don't lol.

But whatever, remain without my advice xD.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I usually (at that time) beat Snakeee's ZSS a lot, so he used his second on me. I go MK on the laggy TVs at MLG, because uh...try powershielding Peach's jab...not working lol. I don't play MK at all anymore. I do desync into grabs, you're just mis or uninformed. I just desync more safely than most. I lose to Will, not to DK, and even then I have a lot of trouble with heavies CGs. I do well in the VAST majority of matchups, and trust me, I do a lot of stuff you think I don't lol.

But whatever, remain without my advice xD.
nah ill take your advice im not going to be a ****. I could help you out with chain Grabbing heavies because people go snake and DK on me all the time, and not to mention that my bro plays wario also. But the Ice climber boards should start doing the MU write ups again.

Teh Future

Smash Master
imo there should just be one topic for every matchup. we can discuss anything if we feel like it or if someone is having a problem w/ it.

if you make a reg matchup thread its just gonna be ignored imo

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
What would be better.
Try to chain grab each character 3 times in a row with a 0-death.

Or fight lvl 9s on non neutral stages while just going for the grab?
Like I think the second option would be better but I don't want to start any bad habits =\
what do you guys think?

Sieguest

Smash Master
I think the second one imo.
While neither option will truly give you the feel really CGing under pressure like Enda said, you don't want to potentially lull yourself into a false sense of security about how much time you actually have to start CGing.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know of any good ic vs ddd match videos? I can't find any good recent ones.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Does anybody know of any good ic vs ddd match videos? I can't find any good recent ones.
Not at all sure why you'd wanna watch one. The matchup is pretty straight forward and omfg so boring. DDD tries to throw you off and bair you to death while you try and grab. Worst thing to watch.

Prawn

Smash Master
Not at all sure why you'd wanna watch one. The matchup is pretty straight forward and omfg so boring. DDD tries to throw you off and bair you to death while you try and grab. Worst thing to watch.
maybe hed wanna watch one since if you dont know the matchup you get ***** lol

Prawn

Smash Master
not really. a character with a broken bair, multiple jumps, inhale and large grab range ***** us if u dont do certain things

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Because for the most part, if Icies knows the match up its hard as hell for D3. If D3 knows it, its still hard unless the icies doesnt.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
maybe hed wanna watch one since if you dont know the matchup you get ***** lol
Yeah my friend plays ddd sometimes and when he plays me with him he ***** me because I don't know what to do. I pretty much blizzard wall spam but that's all I know what to do.

Prawn

Smash Master
you gotta do desync ice block chasers, mix with desync blizz

you can PS ftilt to grab

uh predict spotdodges

dont get inhaled

dont get daired

at 0 percent if they dont di right u can squall into nair(sometimes nana fair) and then they're on the ground and you can grab

dont get grabbed. like seriously if you dont have to approach dont, blizz wall > waddle doos just watch out for spikes

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
ok so D3 has a few things he can do

ftilt- beats side b head on, stops ice blocks, trades with blizzard. you can perfect shield it into a dash grab very easily however. you can also go over it with side b or something and get him

dair- probably d3s favorite tool in this matchup (coney seemed to love it), dont try to grab until he actually lands because hes just gonna keep jumping above you like an idiot until it pokes. just count jumps and **** him for stayin up for so long. i think someone said up b beats it too but idk lol.

grab- if he catches you offguard with a grab he will bthrow you then immediately fsmash/bair nana. luckily with good reaction time you can fsmash or anything really to break the grab with the other climber.

bair- they'll really only use this offstage and its a ***** to get around, i just avoid being offstage at all times, stay towards the middle of the stage.

thats pretty much all D3 can do

now ICs have some pretty cool tools in this matchup

side b- think of it like Mks tornado vs D3 but harder to use (sorta) but it also combos. you can basically combo it into a couple uairs and if you're good you can bait em to airdodge then grab as they land.

ice blocks- ice block camping the center of the stage seems to work pretty well for me when i dont want to risk being thrown offstage ever.

blizzard- i actually rarely use this in this mu but D3 is fat and if youre smart you can land these well, just waitch out for ftilt.

nair- combo-y approach of sorts, D3 is kinda fat so i find it easy to land these on him, can combo into tight ****.

in a nutshell just use your moves that "combo" and keep D3 where you want him and combo the **** outta him. you can actually 0-70 D3 without grabs lol

EDIT: oh yeah, any D3 that inhales is bad at the Matchup, just jump at them with nair or blizzard or ice block then grab

or if theyre falling with it (like **** heads) then roll behind and grab them

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Can someone tell me if the Buffered Bthrow - Dthrow chain grab with GC controller has an advantage over the only Wii - remote Bthrow - Dthrow chain grab?

Teh Future

Smash Master
it doesn't. you cant charge smashes with wiimote+chuck though or have a cstick which imo is really important without changing the original controls though

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the help. But it's possible to charge Fsmash isn't it? It's the only smash that I can charge 100% of the time. Usmash is just a pain because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Edit: Does IC/G&W/Snake work well together? I just started playing Snake a few weeks ago. :p

Roller

Smash Legend
A number of people use ICs/G&W. It works pretty well.

And I think Future meant you can't charge a smash with wiimote+nunchuck while holding someone in a grab.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
haha I meant charging while holding someone. But let's say that I have someone in a grab at around 130%. Is it a better option to Popo Fthrow to Nana Usmash uncharged? Or is it better to have Nana grab and Popo charge Fsmash? Sorry to suddenly pepper you with questions.

Sieguest

Smash Master
It's better to have Nana hold and Popo charge a smash, even with DI you're opponent is going to be K.O.d

In the other situation an opponent with good DI can still survive.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Consider yourself a ******, because it doesn't exist.

Only way you can have a pocket Ice Climber is if you mained them before then went to a different character. (i.e Meep)

EDIT: <3 Future

B0NK

Smash Lord
especially since there are players like At0msk and NL that both have good "pocket" climbers

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
How do you guys do the Diddy MU? There are 2 players of Diddy around here that play completely different. One has a really sick banana game and the other is really campy and plays keep away moreso than the former.

B0NK

Smash Lord
iirc Trev0r definitely started with D3, at least is was all the way back when m2k was still using D3 lol xD

Your right about randall though lol =P

AND WHAT ABOUT CHU'S POCKET CLIMBERS?!?!!?

lol cg-less climbers xD

Top Bottom