• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social General Ice Climber Chat

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Wobbles, Fly_Amanita, Choknater, and VirtualVoid, and any other IC's..

I hope to play you all. I need to learn the Yoshi's vs IC's matchup. ^^

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hey Grim ^^

Well, yeah, I'm most definetely 100% still interested in attending that.. it would be a complete change of what i'm normally used to, and would be an honor. I'm the manager of my job, and can take the days off already. I'll do anything I can to attend. Of course. I'm also being realistic, Im not made of $$$, and I know tickets are very pricey. Of course I'll use what I can as well, but I can't exactly dish out like 4 digit numbers just like that ya know?

Hopefully if things go well on your sponsorship(s) maybe somethings can get arranged to help me out too.. Granted. I'm no Mango lol. It would just be something different for you all to see since Yoshi's are "rare or eggstinct" <LOL too soon? XD..I understand, it's also up to the people as well. and I took a gander earlier. and HugS has an interest too..

HugS is an AMAZING smash player as well.. an inspiration even, and has been around the smash metagame for VERY long, and keeps up. and of course, there's Mango..yeah we know what he does. I've alot of respect for HugS even though he doesn't know who I am, or probably even knows this info. But yeah, hopefully things can be arranged. :)

It's whatever you guys decide to choose. n_n; As long as everyone's happy though, I mean, to me that's what is MOST important. ^^

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^haha, Axe's Pichu is horrendous.. Lol, you forget I live in AZ, if there's low tier player we most likely have it.(Nicknyte) Hopefully it'll be enough, ^^

don worry though I won't underestimate you. I don't think any of AZ, underrates any characters ya know? lol?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I've seen Nicknyte's videos.

IMO:
His spacing game is lacking, as well as his option selections. Though I very much approve of his comboing and edge-guarding. His style leaves him very open to punishment and would fall flat against any non-spacey character.

Hopefully I can give you a fresh experience, despite you having played against a Pichu before.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
is anyone gonna try and make it to our tourny Super Bit Wars? Our late Friend/Smasher Forest Sharp (also known as Solidus) was our main TO and this was his first big multi-game tourny. check it out

Forest and his G/F tragically died in a car wreck on July 4th.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I've seen Nicknyte's videos.

IMO:
His spacing game is lacking, as well as his option selections. Though I very much approve of his comboing and edge-guarding. His style leaves him very open to punishment and would fall flat against any non-spacey character.

Hopefully I can give you a fresh experience, despite you having played against a Pichu before.
Hahaha, Neega, you be cookies cause your Pichu don't have that swag like mine :D

Meverse

Smash Cadet
i've been using ICs for a while now and i wanna ask how du you charge the 2nd IC while your primary one holds the opponant without throwing them? and any tips on facing sheik? i don't like them tilts and IC seperation

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i've been using ICs for a while now and i wanna ask how du you charge the 2nd IC while your primary one holds the opponant without throwing them? and any tips on facing sheik? i don't like them tilts and IC seperation
personally i love this match up. almost all of sheiks moves are hand to hand close range which is great due to our grabing ability. u can space her easily with Ice blocks and wave dash. and ur down smash causes her to be cautious while running at you. as long as u can successfully control them while dsyncd u shouldnt have to bad of an issue.

as for charging a smash attack while grabbing.... not a pro at explanations >.> but dsync after the grab and on nanas turn charge Fsmash. doin it right popo shouldnt throw forward for a few seconds

...or sumthin along those lines XD

Tomber

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I'm new here and stuff, but this seems to be a great board so I thought I would post something. I'm a IC main from Denmark. I haven't been playing for like a year, but recently I've stated playing again. I'm not great at competitive playing, like anyone else in Denmark, but we're improving heavily atm and compete somewhat frequently in European tournaments. I have a few uploaded matches on YouTube, but I'm not going to post any here till I stop improving on my own. You can see some of my other videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Takk88 Eventually I'll ask questions about match-ups and techniques, but for now I'm just going to say hi.

tl;dr: IC main from Denmark. Sup.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
@shield pressure: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=280913

b-air hits on frame 8, not 11, so some of those charts are a little bit messed up, but that doesn't affect the length of the gaps where the opponent is out of shield stun

generally you can follow up a shielded f-air or b-air with jab, backwards d-smash, grab (if you're close enough) or even l-cancel desynch -> desynched d-smashes if you want to be cool

jab cancel is worse than double jab

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
I like your ICs! Pretty smooth, my main complaint is you keep trying d-throw d-air even when the other guy DIs out of it. At low percent against a spacy, you might as well pretend you don't have Nana and go for u-throw -> dash-attack to build a little percent, then go for d-throw d-air when they aren't 100% sure that's your plan, because that should mess up their DI. D-throw->u-smash->regrab is pretty good too because it makes it obvious that "DI'ing away is bad!" and lets you land the next d-throw d-air.
At low percents down throw to nana blizzard to regrab works quite a lot on space animals. Some oldschool tips for you youngins

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
:( Sorry guys. HBox MURDERED me. It got me so depressed that I could barely concentrate in Loser's, and I have a feeling Shroomed would have given me hella trouble or won anyhow without me being all psyched out, but it really didn't help much.

I had to resign that match before I got too frustrated. So... more of a sorrow quit. Wish I did better but I achieved several personal goals this tournament anyhow so hooooooray :)

It was awesome hanging with Fly, Virtual Void, and VTS. Also briefly said hi to PokemonMasterIRL and I swear I heard Choknater running around somewhere lol.

I am extremely hyped to start training heavily once I move to AZ, so I hope you all are ready to see me become a much better player.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
it's okay wobbs! i really admired what you did in crews haha.

mmm yeah i saw you around but sorry that i didn't go and meet you! i was kinda in my own world at that tournament. you're going back to az? so hype!

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Rob I watched all of you vs H(imWhoRuinedMelee)Box and I was wondering why you didnt camp him?

Idk not to rub salt in a wound or anything (and I assume that Hbox has gotten better) but Fly wrecked him last time they played. Icys camp > Puff IMO.

Flys camp > the world hahaha.

Good **** to FLy and Wobbles tho, hella inspiring. I learned hella from watching both of your matches.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Awww I got no love from Wobbles =(

I guess I ended up placing 33rd? (exactly the same as G1) I missed brackets in a tie for 4th during 3rd round pools.

Good job to both Fly and Wobbles at this tournament, I know neither of you placed quite as well as you'd hoped, but we still got our faith.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
:( Sorry guys. HBox MURDERED me. It got me so depressed that I could barely concentrate in Loser's, and I have a feeling Shroomed would have given me hella trouble or won anyhow without me being all psyched out, but it really didn't help much.

I had to resign that match before I got too frustrated. So... more of a sorrow quit. Wish I did better but I achieved several personal goals this tournament anyhow so hooooooray :)

It was awesome hanging with Fly, Virtual Void, and VTS. Also briefly said hi to PokemonMasterIRL and I swear I heard Choknater running around somewhere lol.

I am extremely hyped to start training heavily once I move to AZ, so I hope you all are ready to see me become a much better player.
L posted that you did the most amazing IC combo he's even seen... did you do any combo that stuck out in your mind?

Vts

Smash Champion
Good to see everyone and meet new people.

didn't get to really hang out again chok :(.

was nice to meet you fly and virtual

AZN was good chilling with you again sorry to hear about some stuff with DBR.

Congrats all ICs for showing up! (thats a stab at chok)

Miss you all already

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I know which one he is talking about. It was like, 100% damage + KO to PewPewU's Ganon on Battlefield, and it didn't even involve a grab :)

Pat: Sorry, I'm a doofus. This is the reason I don't do shoutouts, b/c after spending a weekend hanging out with so many people I start to forget and I don't wanna hurt nobody's feelings :(

edit:

oh, the reason I didn't camp HBox is because... well for starters I can't remember a time I had a lead in any of my matches. I guess I could have tried to wall out with blizzards and hope for little hits that would force him to be aggressive, but that's such a risky strategy because it relies entirely on me getting ahead and staying ahead forever. As you can see I didn't have a gameplan for when HE was ahead.

I guess I need to be more patient :(

Vts

Smash Champion
He only remembers me cus i'm a leech and was stuck on him and he couldn't get me off

wobbles number one fan boy?

doubtful just like to bro out with him

and fly ^^,just gotta catch up to you guys

starting to do what wobbles does with his movement and shield stopping stuff dear jesus it *****

Top Bottom