• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social General Ice Climber Chat

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah when I watch the chu vs mango match thats about the only thing that seemed to actually be able to get inside that ball of fluff. Also I would say that to capitalize on grabs properly in this matchup is really hard, I try to sneak in a ftilt and usually dthrow fair and try to get an uair after.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
Low percentages - Wobbles combo: D-throw -> reverse D-air -> Up-tilt -> Up-air/B-air.

If your back is to the edge and Ganon's at a decent percent, just D-Smash or F-Smash after the reverse D-air and try to edgeguard.

Learn the hand-off. Ganon is actually one of the easier characters to do it on since he's so big.
since when do people know how to play ganon right? ;)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
got 3rd at a TN tournament videos will be up later so might need some advice of how the **** to beat ganon better and samus.

also anyone going to smym11? i'm going to attempt to rep ICs but don't believe i'll get far lol
Is the Ganon and Samus KOKingpin and Ihavespaceballs by any chance?

If so then yeah, Mid-South's a tough region to play IC's. Pick up Sheik or something. :laugh:

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
ICs dtilt is pretTy much the same as cfs dtilt where its usually used after a throw to make them miss the tech. Its really situational and weird.

Main difference is that cfs dtilt can lead into a kill(knEe/uair) on lots of chars. ICs dtilt doesn't do much past like 50.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
um dthrow dtilt cg

im sure u guys know the old school chudat dthrow dsmash cg against sheik or ganon

basically using nana's dsmash at the right time during popo's dthrow with no hitstun

its the same thing except using dtilt. less damage but easier to perform.

for some reason the extra hitstun makes it easier to follow DI cuz i have more time to react i guess

Vts

Smash Champion
Is the Ganon and Samus KOKingpin and Ihavespaceballs by any chance?

If so then yeah, Mid-South's a tough region to play IC's. Pick up Sheik or something. :laugh:
yeah but i have more problems with my crew members ganon over KOs.

and i did pick sheik after 2nd match to make sure i won vs ko lol.

but g.vice just wrecks my ICs he is too good my sheik gets him to 1-2 stocks and beats him sometimes which makes me feel good but just recently picked up sheik for peach/ganon/samus match ups.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
What characters does the dthrow dtilt work on?
any character that u can do regular dthrow cg on

it just adds some damage and extra hit stun on the throw, but doesnt change the trajectory or affect di

unless ur actually hitting with the dtilt, but thats ok u can cg off that too

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Icees boards died yesterday =0

OK, just wanted to give an update. My Icees scored an important victory over a megachuk (shiek). Idk it was weird I was just doing moves and he was getting hit.

I have a problem choking with grabs. My biggest problem being that I can't dthrowdair and use a nana shorthop. WTF I swear. I play fox and have no problem short hopping but i get it like 1/5 with nana...?

Headbutt blizzard is also bein a beeatch. I miss the blizzard or dthrow alot =[

Overall, good first tournament experience with the ICees. Got 9th at VGBootCamp Indianapolis.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Peef, for dthrow SH dairs, remember that you don't have to fast fall or l-cancel Nana's SH. That might make it easier.

For headbutt -> blizzard -> Popo reheadbutt -> dthrow, it's hardest to do when Nana's not near you. Usually I don't do it until I've chaingrabbed at least once, to ensure that she's alongside.

Vanitas

Smash Ace
just a random fact, depending on the version of your melee disk, u can headbutt the person faster while you re blizzard'ing someone in a grab in one version than another version of melee

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
PEEF for some people you can full hop and just time the dair I do that on falcon, gannon, and marth. Also the main why I do full hop (I can SHFFL on 2x) is because if I haven't pklayed as the ice climbers in month I can still do the full hop one it has easier timing

Nintendude

Smash Hero
just a random fact, depending on the version of your melee disk, u can headbutt the person faster while you re blizzard'ing someone in a grab in one version than another version of melee
It's faster in 1.0 and 1.1, which have much faster multi-hit moves. It's slow in 1.2 and PAL (includes Player's Choice).

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I'm gradually getting less scared of Peach. I still suck at protecting Nana and I run into dsmashes that any other sane person would avoid, but I don't just helplessly cower in my shield the whole time anymore.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Yeah, I use platforms a lot more to get out of Peach's way now.

edit: Instead of going Peach against ICs, be cool and do the ICs ditto.

Top Bottom