• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social General Ice Climber Chat

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
you can always get better in someway because there is no perfect in smash as far as I know. perfect sucks it's a limit. ice climber can go even farther just think of all the in theory crap you COULD do rotating power sheilds with an ice block every now and then. You caan get crazy with ideas more so than anyone esle

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
ohhhh yea uberice *****
Hey Andre that is your real name right Chok? I just started watching One Piece (you mentioned how good it is one time when you asked about my Fairy Tale sig) and Jesus is One Piece aaamazing.

And @ FLY

Wow Camping with Fairs works soo good against people like Joe. My friend Hydro Kirby has a really agressive Fox/Falco and you were right camping well spaced **** mostly Fairs works for some reason LOL.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hehehehehe

yes randomly fairing can catch foxes off guard soooo well

and YES MAN

DUDE

ONE PIECE AHHHHHHH

i'm really glad.... a lot of my friends that i mentioned one piece to... are finally getting into it

it's so amazing

yeah my names andre whats yours :D

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I've only seen the first episode of One Piece.

A Swedish guy on Gamefaqs claims that this is Armada's take on the tier list:

xx999 said:
tier list according to armada
puff
ics
fox
sheik
falco
marth
falcon
peach

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
was where armada's from fox, falco,marth, and sheik are all worst. But why would the ice climbers be nearly broken as puff? peach ***** them.

Hey i,ve been messing around howcome wavelanding sometimes de-synces ice climbers? And also the other day I was wding around and ran up ducked and down-Bed and for some reason I knew just nana would billzard.

Hey is one piece crazy or tripy? I love really tripy stuff that may mess with my mind my brother said some aimne or manga or both or one I don't know is kind of tripy my he is also a lieing douchebag

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol top 8 characters blah blah, top 8 have always been top 8 :D

and yeah i remember meeting you :) i just forgot ur name

i remember u playing against typh or something

still going strong with pt? :D ahh ****

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
LOLOLOL

Armada's just butthurt because he lost to Mango. That's why he has Jiggs listed first.

Ice Climbers being second on his list ... I'm going to say prejohns for when Chu ***** him at Pound.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
heyy just a random ice climbers question...

i was playing against falcon and ganon and i tried to do a reverse dair chain grab...i heard once that it was inescapable but they somehow got out of it (for some reason, it was always around 100%+) i looked at vids with chu dat doing it too but the ganons/falcons also escaped...

i just wana clarify, is it inescapable? or am i doing something wrong?

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
yaa i can do it, just that i choke all the time :(
and some ppl ban it
or strangle me physically when im trying to wobble...which i cant really do anything about :p

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
LoL any of you guys mastered dysync (I think I spelled it wrong) yet?

I can't even do it yet, but im pretty sure once you master it you can **** anyone.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
aaahhhh not to be insulting you my friend your mind will soon expode with fun and crazy ideas thoughts of inpossible things will stir and you will try all sorts of things. YOu have much to learn not because of not knowing how to de-synce of not jknowing the spelling but more because you don't know how far it can go I don't but I think I have a better idea of how far like de-synced bairs would be insanely awesome.

to de-synce there are at least 20 something ways easiest way is to hold a button when you start or spot dodge hold something. chok made a great guide or was it someone esle

The ice climbers are fun when they shouldn't be I hope you can live thought the tech skill and mental skill because they are by far the hardest in both. If you want to know anything about pichu ask me the only people i,ve ever heard of touching them of normally ice climber players for some reason.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Sometimes I can't ****ing play this game. At a tourney yesterday, I just totally lost the ability to control my character. Like, I couldn't consistently dsmash on command. I've never had that happen to me with Melee before, although it happened a couple times in Brawl when I still played that. That was really frustrating. I mostly got over it in losers bracket, though.

I think I've gotten worse against Peach. I don't think it's because I've forgotten what works and what doesn't; I think my recent trend of constantly losing to her has made play more cautiously than I usually do out of fear, which leads me to excessive shielding and not taking necessary risks . I think I might need to take a break for a while to calm down. Also, I'm going to try really hard to get the guy with my GC to respond to me because I just can't continue with not being able to practice outside of tourneys. I spend way too much mental energy simply trying to move fluidly and not make stupid technical errors that I have a really hard time paying attention to what is actually happening mid-match.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Against most good characters, no. It's really easy for a lot of characters to get around blizzard and punish you for it.

Finch

Smash Lord
That only works if you know they're going to run into it. They could easily just jump over it and hit you anyway. Some people just cc my blizzards and hit me afterwards, so I don't do it too much. I mostly only use it to edgeguard spacies.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Sometimes I can't ****ing play this game. At a tourney yesterday, I just totally lost the ability to control my character. Like, I couldn't consistently dsmash on command. I've never had that happen to me with Melee before, although it happened a couple times in Brawl when I still played that. That was really frustrating. I mostly got over it in losers bracket, though.

I think I've gotten worse against Peach. I don't think it's because I've forgotten what works and what doesn't; I think my recent trend of constantly losing to her has made play more cautiously than I usually do out of fear, which leads me to excessive shielding and not taking necessary risks . I think I might need to take a break for a while to calm down. Also, I'm going to try really hard to get the guy with my GC to respond to me because I just can't continue with not being able to practice outside of tourneys. I spend way too much mental energy simply trying to move fluidly and not make stupid technical errors that I have a really hard time paying attention to what is actually happening mid-match.
I'm just honestly going to give up playing ICs against Peach. It's just too hard, and to win requires you to either be perfect, or be Wobbles. I think I'm going to play GDorf against her from now on.

I'm also in a similar boat regarding practice. I'm hosting a tournament in about a month, but I don't have a CRT TV to practice on. Playing on an HDTV totally destroying my timing, I can't even dair chaingrab the computer anymore. I'm going to have to buy a used CRT just to play Smash on.

As for Blizzard, it can be pretty risky, but I like to use it to cover approaches occasionally. I desync Nana to do it, and it can lead to a free grab. But like other people have noted, goos players/characters can get around it, so I only use it sparingly.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I finally begins to find some hope in the IC vs Peachmatchup, Nanablizzard to usmash/dashattack other things depending on her aggresiveness is nice, but I think Wobbling is kinda needed in it (which I´ve yet to master lol), was the chocnatercombo guarantied on her?

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Smasher, an easy way to get the wobbling rhythm above 40% :

Grab, jab with Popo, blizzard with Nana, while holding down, SLOWLY tap a until they desynch. Then speed up until it's the correct rhythm.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I'm always thinking about using so-and-so characters against Peach. I usually end up going ICs anyways, though. My secondaries, if you can even call them that, are really bad and extremely stage/match-up dependent. Part of me still wants to use ICs against Peach since I understand ICs way better than any other character and I don't particularly enjoy using other characters, but I also think I need to get over my pride and do what is best for me in the long run.

I've been thinking about what sort of problems I have with Peach and I'm starting to believe that Fox is my best bet. I tend to be stupid and predictable against Peach and I'm often afraid to try to pressure her, which causes obvious problems for my ****ty Marth, but running away from Peach with Fox actually works. I've had success in the past doing nothing but platform-camping insanely hard against Peach. I don't really know how to actually fight her, but I get the feeling that I don't need to do with Fox, at least on levels with decently high platforms.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey dude I may be wrong and not listened to but if you think/know you will lose to peach or lose the match have fun and learn from it try new things sometimes your impossible to predict because your trying random things. Sometimes it's alright to try dumb things I was once marth and tryed to counter another marth's recovery I figured it would fail but it took a stock and I got lucky.

Advice for when you don't know what to do.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I saw your placing on AiB. I was actually going to inquire about that.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'm always thinking about using so-and-so characters against Peach. I usually end up going ICs anyways, though. My secondaries, if you can even call them that, are really bad and extremely stage/match-up dependent. Part of me still wants to use ICs against Peach since I understand ICs way better than any other character and I don't particularly enjoy using other characters, but I also think I need to get over my pride and do what is best for me in the long run.

I've been thinking about what sort of problems I have with Peach and I'm starting to believe that Fox is my best bet. I tend to be stupid and predictable against Peach and I'm often afraid to try to pressure her, which causes obvious problems for my ****ty Marth, but running away from Peach with Fox actually works. I've had success in the past doing nothing but platform-camping insanely hard against Peach. I don't really know how to actually fight her, but I get the feeling that I don't need to do with Fox, at least on levels with decently high platforms.
Yeah, my problem is that I have neither the tech skill to play Fox/Falco/Falcon, or the precision to play Sheik/Marth. GDorf is the other character that I really enjoy, and he happens to go around even with Peach (at least according to things I've read and the new Melee match-up chart).

I admit as well that pride has played a huge part in my resistance to play against Peach as another character. I believe that to be one of the few match-ups you'll find to be nearly unwinnable in Melee, but in the back of my head I always say to myself, "Just think of how impressed everyone will be if you can manage to beat [insert Peach main here] with the ICs!" But that was back when I really cared about being ranked in my state, and I thought that winning a hard match-up would score me additional points when rankings came around again. I've since realized that winning a lopsided match-up does far more for your reputation than losing a hard one; plus I'm not so concerned with the rankings anymore, I just want to win. And let's face it, it's extremely difficult to win with the ICs against Peach.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Chival- I´ve faced players who mashes out crazy fast at like 80% so I need to get the wobbling done as fast as possible, I´ll try practicing with the "metronome" someone put in the wobblingthread which hopefully can help me getting rid of the "old wrong timing" ...

Top Bottom