• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social General Ice Climber Chat

Life After Death

Smash Champion
hbox won the tourny this past weekend and i went mostly fox and got *****..my icys were playing worse,,but m2k told me i was decent against marth when im playing good i justneed to be consitant more

wobbles teach me how to be more consitant with icys

oh..ths is pb&j

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
pb&j: still working on that one, unfortunately :) I'm one of the most inconsistent players I know.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
wobbles teach me to **** *****es with the da double ninjas

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Dude you know they take more mental and techical effort than anyone esle? But another ice climber player would be extra ****, how good are you now?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Yeah they have the best smash in the game down-smash. No if you didn't come to be good with the ice rapers than why did you come? space bair(dk) vs them if your looking for advice or play as peach.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Yeah he is good at what he does. BUt the ice climbers are amazing if you want to pick them up again or whatever, de-synced wavesmashing freaks people out

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol man i need to start getting recorded in tournaments

i see so many ic's in videos where im thinking "dammit punish harder" and "edgeguard better!"

i just play different i guess

wobs has some REALLY AMAZING punishes, and other times where he doesnt punish at all... wobs i think if u stepped up ur patient/observant/adapting game u will become much better

u got this

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
This is my main issue, I feel: I tend to react just a LITTLE too slowly to get some punishes, so it feels like I'm going to get an opening but then I wind up eating shine. I've started being more conservative, so when I do something like b-throw and then stand still and do nothing, it's usually because I'm watching for a particular tech. Nowadays I've been trying to hold back on that and focus on keeping me and Nana safer, rather than try and push too hard.

I've been improving at this a bit though, and it's mostly an in-game confidence issue. Sometimes I'm just too afraid to go after a call and I wait a bit too long to make sure, when the right thing to do is believe in myself and make my decisions more quickly.

There are also some situations where I should really be grabbing but instead I just do a smash attack; it's something I hated seeing from watching videos and now I do it all the time :/ Gotta work on that to.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
that's what i like to hear

cuz some of the stuff i see u do really brings out ic's potential

not with special desynchs that people focus too much on, but with types of reads that i never thought of, or strategies and move choices that i never thought of

like ur use of nair against axe was pretty cool, im gonna try to implement that move cuz it sets up for some good stuff

and that amazing read u did once when u did throw dair, expected a buffered roll, and then punished it with running dsmash ♥

keep it up man, hopefully i can go to more tournaments so i can show u guys what i have learned too

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, on the dawn of victory, stopped to rest and resting died."
- Omar Kayam

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMAO

so i suppose a moment's hesitation will wreck all my chances at winning in a super smash brothers tournament!!

how poetic

PB&J

Smash Hero
i think i learned how to get more consistent ..i was talking with lambchops,shiz and m2k this whole weekend

and i asked them how and they told me to play more friendlies in tournies..all shiz does is sit down and play who ever from begging and the end

m2k-does the same thing and does it against worse people..i watched him on sat jv 5 stock someone in a fox ditto..and he told me ..the more friendlies u play is the less u will mess up

lambchops -sat down and played the whole west cost at genesis for 4 hours beating everyone one by one including mango and armada

they told me this gives them massive people experience and can always be able to point out commomn mistakes people do in tourny friendlies,etc

so this is my new strtegy and i want to share it with u guys

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm, i agree, thats some good advice

i tend to play really well when the matchup and playstyle is fresh

Finch

Smash Lord
I played m2k and I got his fox and peach (how the **** did that happen?) to one stock. I played a lot of friendlies with people at tipped off 5 and I felt bad everytime I picked ICs but no one complained (except m2k) and I got a lot of good experience.

i lost to moogle (sheik) and ihavespaceballs (samus). spaceballs is really good and I probably would have lost even if I did know the matchup but I really need more sheik experience. I feel like I could have done much better against moogle.

Pools were really stressful. I got 4th seed below Hungrybox, Soft, and Cornel. They're all good players and the rest of the pool were lower level, but it was a lot of stressful matchups and I am really proud of myself for overcoming my weaknesses in that sense. I had to play falcon, falcon, marth, marth, luigi, and then, thank God, a spacie player whose falco I 0-deathed first stock without the chaingrab. ;)

I learned a lot from playing marths how to be smart agressive, because ICs have very few safe approaches in the matchup but I was able to figure out how to get in and then **** without relying solely on punishing fsmashes against my sheild. I was also able to beat one of the falcon players who was ****** me the whole match by chaingrabbing him all the way to death on his last stock, which is something I've never been able to completely do in tournament before.

LuCKy

Smash Master
i think i learned how to get more consistent ..i was talking with lambchops,shiz and m2k this whole weekend

and i asked them how and they told me to play more friendlies in tournies..all shiz does is sit down and play who ever from begging and the end

m2k-does the same thing and does it against worse people..i watched him on sat jv 5 stock someone in a fox ditto..and he told me ..the more friendlies u play is the less u will mess up

lambchops -sat down and played the whole west cost at genesis for 4 hours beating everyone one by one including mango and armada

they told me this gives them massive people experience and can always be able to point out commomn mistakes people do in tourny friendlies,etc

so this is my new strtegy and i want to share it with u guys
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

i beat him 2 but i let him stay on the tv

hahah =D

-mango

PB&J

Smash Hero
hozart is weird..the guy beat shiz twice in one tourny quits..come backs a year and a half later gets 4th in a tourny then quits again..and he won money both times...i just keep telling colbol to talk sense into him

hozart is really good though

tw1n

Smash Champion
kidnap and force him to play smasH?

what if he doesnt comply D:
Easy. Threaten to brutally murder his video game collection (consoles included)
If he doesn't then follow through with your threat.
Then get him addicted to a crazy drug and then cut him off so he goes through massive withdrawls. Tell him he gets more of his fix when he wins a tournament. You won't see the end of him =]

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's the adjective form of the word "Sadism", which refers to the derriving of pleasure (sexual or otherwise) from cruelty (emotional damage, physical pain, etc). Or it can simply refer to extreme cruelty.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Quick someone wobble him.

darn I just got a few ideas with the ice climbers but the frame data makes it very unlikely. run off and side-B them when coming back for edge gaurd but the data is to loose.

what's the best way to get an air de-snyce going? Because I once played as kirby and I was spacing bairs and out of no were I ran up for a grab. 2 times the mindgames 4000 times the grab value. Plus that would be just plain cool air de-synces

Top Bottom