• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Actually no I didn't, the release date for Aamzon, Best Buy, and Target says December 31st 2013 :C

finalark

SNORLAX
I'll be honest, I'm actually pretty interested in Realm Reborn.

It actually looks like it was made in the 10s and doesn't have XI's "**** you figure it out yourself" bull****.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
It looks like an actual game now! and a lot of fun too. :p

Can't wait to play it :3

Anyone gonna apply for the beta?

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
They are now accepting Beta applications!

Just go to entry.ffxiv.com/beta/na to apply :3

or if you're in Europe: entry.ffxiv.com/beta.eu

I applied and filled out the survey also o:

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
They do, it asks you if you take the survey which system you're applying for

PC
PS3
PC and PS3

:p

Also, those who have FFXIV legacy status are automatically accepted, and those with a FFXIII-2 beta code are automatically accepted for the PS3 beta.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
It does have a pretty bad reputation, but after seeing some of the new trailers, it looks amazing! (not just the graphics) The gameplay seems really fun, and it doesn't require you to go through 14 menus to open a treasure chest xD

They've also really been listening to what the players want, almost everything they've done has been based on the players opinions and expanded upon. I'm really impressed. It's also very mouse and keyboard friendly, not requiring a gamepad at all.

I really hope it's successful this time. If not, we might see the end of Square Enix. :c They said if they take another hit as bad as FFXIV, they'll be bankrupt.

Edit: Well there's not 2 surveys, it's one, but it gives you the option to apply for both systems.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Not sure, but Phase 1 Beta will begin mid-February or so. They will also be adding players for phase 2 and 3.

finalark

SNORLAX
When do applications end? I'm thinking about applying for the beta.

:phone:
I'm pretty sure they end when the final version of the game launches (I'm guessing sometime in May judging by the beta road map). So just apply whenever you'd like, the closer to launch they get the more players will get into the beta.

Also, in phase 4 the beta will be open.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
The character creation system seems pretty detailed. I'm planning to be a male Miqo'te, that's gonna be a White Mage of course :3

(or conjurer, w/e it's called e.e)

So glad they finally put both genders for each race, I always liked the cat people.

finalark

SNORLAX
The min-maxer in me is sad that race is purely aesthetic now. I think I'll just roll a Lalafell BM just because I'm used to it from XI.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
It's aesthetic now? YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

I absolutely HATE IT when I'm forced to play a race I don't like in order to be good at my favorite job. This makes me even happier knowing I won't be outclassed by someone just because they're a different race.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm not surprised by the list, to be honest, given Lightning's popularity in Japan. Had there been a U.S. poll, I imagine Tifa or Aerith being number one, but that's just my prediction.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Man, it annoys me to no end the sheer animosity XIII and the series gets. I know I've probably said this before, but any time an article comes up, and for a game that's not even OUT no less, next to nothing but hate.

Seriously? It's one thing if you weren't a fan of XIII, that's whatever. But it's everywhere all the time. I just wanna read an article for once and skim a comment where it's not ALL "**** THIS ****". And yet they immediately turn around and go "WHERE'S VERSUS XIII?! ;;"

You know what? Versus XIII is gonna suck. Calling it right now. Duke Nukem Forever all over again (and even I didn't mind it for the mindless lulzy Duke shenanigans, but still, not worth the hype).

Went there, I know.

/rant

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689

finalark

SNORLAX
http://youtu.be/Eaj8IT63pok

Go home, Final Fantasy. You're drunk.
I heard you liked Final Fantasy 1 so we remade Final Fantasy 1 while we were on cocaine.

You know what? Versus XIII is gonna suck. Calling it right now. Duke Nukem Forever all over again (and even I didn't mind it for the mindless lulzy Duke shenanigans, but still, not worth the hype).
I'm betting that if not another DNF it will be another Twilight Princess in the sense that regardless of how good the game may be it won't be able to live up to the lofty expectations everyone has for it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
http://youtu.be/Eaj8IT63pok

Go home, Final Fantasy. You're drunk.
Kinda sucks that the TWEWY team basically had this to work on.
Man, it annoys me to no end the sheer animosity XIII and the series gets. I know I've probably said this before, but any time an article comes up, and for a game that's not even OUT no less, next to nothing but hate.

Seriously? It's one thing if you weren't a fan of XIII, that's whatever. But it's everywhere all the time. I just wanna read an article for once and skim a comment where it's not ALL "**** THIS ****". And yet they immediately turn around and go "WHERE'S VERSUS XIII?! ;;"

Went there, I know.

/rant
It's even more hilarious that XIII fans gets so defensive that they're hating on Versus to "get back" at people.

And every FF gets hated you know... I'm sure you were old enough to see how the internet reacted on all the other FFs when they were new.
I heard you liked Final Fantasy 1 so we remade Final Fantasy 1 while we were on cocaine.
Judging from the trailer, Japan calls it FEVER.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Lmao that IOS game looked fun.... until you realize it's over $50 and all you do is slide your finger over the screen a billion times. e.e

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Because I was in the mood to do so, I took some pics of several Final Fantasy stuff I have; namely, my Moogle and Tonberry plushes, as well as my Chocobo hat:

[COLLAPSE="My Chocobo Hat"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="My Moogle Plush"]

[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="My Tonberry Plush"]

[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="All Three of Them"]
[/COLLAPSE]

My favorite of these is the Tonberry plush, simply because it's a Tonberry, and they're my favorite Final Fantasy creature, and the cutest as well. I have other figures and such, but I felt like showing off these specifically for no real reason. lol

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
<3 Final Fantasy <3

Tifa is my favorite character <3
For me, my absolute favorite character in the series is Adelbert Steiner. He's just such a lovable character, and despite being so conservative and stalwart about his duties, he's also the butt of all jokes, especially Zidane's. Plus, he kicks so much butt in Final Fantasy IX! Pic related. <3

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I do think Steiner is a good character.

I think a lot of his personality is based on the fact that woman have the dominant role in his society, and he gave it his all just to get the position he has

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
For me, it was Zidane, Steiner, Quina, and Eiko.

Zidane's Thievery (assuming you've spent the entirety of the game stealing from enemies), Steiner's Shock, and Quina's Frog Drop (assuming you've caught over 100 frogs throughout the game), will do 9999 damage guaranteed. Eiko is a much better White Mage than Garnet, and assuming you knew about the Marcus's stats exploit, you can potentially make Eiko more powerful than she's supposed to be. Furthermore, if you have the Phoenix summon and 99 Phoenix Pinions in your inventory, should your party die, there's around a 20-something% chance of Phoenix reviving your party automatically. On top of that, Quina can act as a backup healer with White Wind and Angel Snack (you'll need Remedies in your inventory for the latter to work).

Top Bottom