• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

nessokman

Smash Lord
mfw my only long running shounen series has been Dragonball and Dragonball Z

I feel like I just walked in on a pair of pitbulls fighting
I don't like many long series either. Fairy tail is my only series at 300 or more chapters. My favorite is death note, 37 episodes of awesome. Most of my favorites range from 12-52 episodes
Lol little quote
What is that pic in your avatar. I recognize it, I think it looks like izumo from blue exorcist. Then again I don't think you give a **** about BE so...

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
saten from railgun

i prefer to call her satan

stop being so pseudo-aggressive, just because your reasoning is terrible doesnt mean i hate what you like

nessokman

Smash Lord
saten from railgun

i prefer to call her satan

stop being so pseudo-aggressive, just because your reasoning is terrible doesnt mean i hate what you like
I never said you hate what I like, I said
Then again I don't think you give a **** about BE so...
they do look similar, and based on what you said, their personalities are similar. Though, Izumo is more of a B***c than anything else, and as of the current arc, she's changing a lot.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Anyone been keeping up with Space Dandy? If so, what are your impressions so far? I thought it started out kind of rough, but it's kind of grown on me after the first episode. It seems like it's shaping up to be one of the best comedies I've seen in a while.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I never looked into those series despite hear about it and Index every now and then, I did not expect it to be so massive.

Well over 30 volumes and almost everything is translated? I'm kind of curious now.
30 volumes of light novel (as in, not manga)

the index manga doesn't go further than the anime, may as well just watch that if you have the time

the railgun manga is 9 or 10 volumes at the moment, it's honestly the best raildex universe media aside from the light novels themselves

nessokman

Smash Lord
Anyone been keeping up with Space Dandy? If so, what are your impressions so far? I though it started out kind of rough, but it's kind of grown on me after the first episode. It seems like it's shaping up to be one of the best comedies I've seen in a while.
It's certainly weird. I can say it's more off the walls than anything I've seen before. I skipped the first episode after getting tired of the monologue about boobs and @$$, but now that that is *mostly* gone, I find it to be highly enjoyable.

the index manga doesn't go further than the anime, may as well just watch that if you have the time

the railgun manga is 9 or 10 volumes at the moment, it's honestly the best raildex universe media aside from the light novels themselves
Does the anime follow the novels well? Most anime's stray away from their source material in a bull**** ending...
I'm interested in it now ^.^ Those ponytails are a universal sign of being evil/mean/b*tchy It's great.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689

Yeah, I was talking about the light novels, I'm not used to seeing light novel translations up to date(as far as I can tell, it is for Index.)

I figured the light novels would be the best source to go to for the series, seeing how much has been done makes me want to check it out.

I've been watching an anime called "Log Horizon", anyone else here seen it? It is like SAO, but it kicks SAO's butt at everything.
Now there's something I can agree on.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was talking about the light novels, I'm not used to seeing light novel translations up to date(as far as I can tell, it is for Index.)

I figured the light novels would be the best source to go to for the series, seeing how much has been done makes me want to check it out.

Now there's something I can agree on.
I do love Log Horizon :) My favorite character doesn't get enough action, or at least hasn't so far. (anime is still ongoing)
It seems to be doing well as an anime, I'm hoping there is a second season if the source material is enough. I think the novel series is ongoing.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
there probably will be

it focuses on the actual MMORPG elements a lot more, rather than the vapid emotional saga SAO ended up as, which is probably why people like it more - it actually makes use of the setting in and of itself, rather than as a backdrop for yet another tale of love transcending logic

nessokman

Smash Lord
there probably will be

it focuses on the actual MMORPG elements a lot more, rather than the vapid emotional saga SAO ended up as, which is probably why people like it more - it actually makes use of the setting in and of itself, rather than as a backdrop for yet another tale of love transcending logic
I've been marathoning it. The way you described it is perfect. It's more appealing as a gamer because it focuses on the MMO elements. I haven't seen many animes based on light novels get multiple seasons.

asianaussie

Smash Hero

people love the raildex novels, they're one of only a few on baka-tsuki that are up and translated within weeks of their release in japan

it's getting more and more ridiculous, but the main characters continues to (literally) anchor the narrative in a somewhat plausible way

i hope you're ok with suspending disbelief

nessokman

Smash Lord
I just realized I've never seen asianaussie post in the actual smash bros threads, same for rutger.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i wrote the smash 64 ruleset, own the smash 64 index thread, helped lead the short-lived 64 backroom and contributed to the current stock tier list (which i believe is a little off-base)

your point?

nessokman

Smash Lord
i wrote the smash 64 ruleset, own the smash 64 index thread, helped lead the short-lived 64 backroom and contributed to the current stock tier list (which i believe is a little off-base)

your point?
I mean, I don't typically go to the 64 boards, but I've never seen you on brawl/4 threads

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
people love the raildex novels, they're one of only a few on baka-tsuki that are up and translated within weeks of their release in japan
That's impressive, I wouldn't have expected any light novel to get translated so fast.

it's getting more and more ridiculous, but the main characters continues to (literally) anchor the narrative in a somewhat plausible way

i hope you're ok with suspending disbelief
Not a problem at all. I suspend my disbelief very quickly for any story with magic in it.
Hell, I don't know if I could like anime as much as I do if I couldn't enjoy something getting ridiculous every now and then.

I'll probably read some of it soon, see if I like it.

I just realized I've never seen asianaussie post in the actual smash bros threads, same for rutger.
I don't follow Smash very much anymore, I'm interested in what Smash 4 will be like, but don't see a need to hang out on those boards. I used to play Melee everyday during lunch in high school, I also helped out the Toon Link board for a while before deciding Brawl wasn't for me.

I've pretty much all but moved on to Arc System Works fighting games for now, but still enjoy some of the small communities at the Light House and here.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
me and smooth criminal are media metropolis bros from way back when (more like a couple years lol)

something something aizen something

That's impressive, I wouldn't have expected any light novel to get translated so fast.
NT9 was released exactly 3 weeks ago, translation was completed 3 days ago? or something? idk, it's pretty wack

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
I'm almost done with what is currently out of log horizon.
I might try to forget it after I get caught up and marathon the remaining eps later.

shingeki no kyojin has some issues that annoy me, as it seemingly never stops on about "Ermagerd, terrified of titans" I still love it's action. As my friend explains it, "It's a cool series, but you can't become attached to any characters but the mains, because they all die."

And I have a habit of liking minor characters. Potato girl is still alive now in SnK, as long as she lives, I will continue with this series XD

and more fairytail pics are out, I have to say it looks better than the original

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
I finished Fullmetal. I am miserably disappointed with the end, mainly because it never confirms if Roy gets his sight back. I guess to be promoted, he would have to have his sight.Even with the philosopher's stone is was stated that they couldn't restore izumi's missing parts, so why would Roy's eyes and whatshisface's paralysis be fixed.Too many unanswered questions for me to be happy.

A lot of Disappointment I will never get over in this ending. Let's try to find something to get my mind off it before I go insane.*goes to google*

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I don't have a problem with manga FMA's ending. Sure, we never learn if Roy gets his eyesight back, but I don't think we really need to, it was never his story. It was a fine ending to Ed and Al's journey imo.

At the very least it's far better than what the first anime had. :/

nessokman

Smash Lord
I don't have a problem with manga FMA's ending. Sure, we never learn if Roy gets his eyesight back, but I don't think we really need to, it was never his story. It was a fine ending to Ed and Al's journey imo.

At the very least it's far better than what the first anime had. :/
Roy was a pretty major supporting character, I guess they left it open so that we can decide for ourselves and choose whatever conclusion we thought was best, sight or not.

Don't even mention that blasphemy.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Roy was a pretty major supporting character, I guess they left it open so that we can decide for ourselves and choose whatever conclusion we thought was best, sight or not.
Yeah, Roy is a major character, but the story was always about Ed and Al getting their bodies back. I'm okay with Roy not getting his eyesight back by the end because the ending doesn't really have a place for it. It probably wouldn't have sat right with me if Roy was able to easily get his sight back right after watching what Ed and Al had to go through.

I like manga FMA's ending because of things like that. Overall it's a pretty happy ending, but not every problem was solved perfectly, it's the kind of ending I wanted when I started the series.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Just finally got to starting and finishing attack on Titan. I've never been more annoyed at a main character with eren since ang in avatar

nessokman

Smash Lord
Yeah, Roy is a major character, but the story was always about Ed and Al getting their bodies back. I'm okay with Roy not getting his eyesight back by the end because the ending doesn't really have a place for it. It probably wouldn't have sat right with me if Roy was able to easily get his sight back right after watching what Ed and Al had to go through.

I like manga FMA's ending because of things like that. Overall it's a pretty happy ending, but not every problem was solved perfectly, it's the kind of ending I wanted when I started the series.
Ed and al could have used the stone if I recall, but didn't want to. I like the idea of roy getting his sight back, considering he's arguably the most badass in the entire series. Thinking about it, getting body parts back wouldn't be hard, the stone could be used to produce new parts in a similar fashion to lust and company, rather than taking his sight back from the truth.

Just finally got to starting and finishing attack on Titan. I've never been more annoyed at a main character with eren since ang in avatar
I actually kinda sorta maybe like Eren. When he's not going I to
Fits of rage and rushing blindly for
Revenge, he's pretty cool.I like Mikasa, she kept me interested. I was pretty indifferent to Armin, because he's useless in a fight and has yet to kill a single titan from my memory.

nessokman

Smash Lord
ever notice that animes rarely kill off the main character . Well, a few exceptions
light yagami

Attachments

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
JOJO!!!!!!!!!!!
such awesome anime/manga. Just finished watching the first season of AOT, and can I just say...... DAMN

nessokman

Smash Lord
JOJO!!!!!!!!!!!
such awesome anime/manga. Just finished watching the first season of AOT, and can I just say...... DAMN
Good damn, or bad damn?
I love AOT, I have 2 volumes of the manga, and I'm keeping up with it and it's spinoff "Before The Fall".

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Good damn, or bad damn?
I love AOT, I have 2 volumes of the manga, and I'm keeping up with it and it's spinoff "Before The Fall".

Finished FMA: Brotherhood
Pride is the best homunculus. So much badass in a tiny body.
Damn as in faking badass as f*ck. so basically a good damn.
And FMA:Brotherhood is like..... mad awesome. Although I think Wrath is the best homunculus.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Damn as in faking badass as f*ck. so basically a good damn.
And FMA:Brotherhood is like..... mad awesome. Although I think Wrath is the best homunculus.
Well, pride is the oldest, and is second in charge after father himself. I would Love to have his powers.

I'd suggest reading the rest of AOT, you can find it on most manga sites. We won't have a season 2 for a while

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Well, pride is the oldest, and is second in charge after father himself. I would Love to have his powers.

I'd suggest reading the rest of AOT, you can find it on most manga sites. We won't have a season 2 for a while
Well having his power would be pretty sweet....... but once it turns night tho........
And yea imma start reading the manga now that im finished the anime. Can't wait until April.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Well having his power would be pretty sweet....... but once it turns night tho........
And yea imma start reading the manga now that im finished the anime. Can't wait until April.
There are still shadows at night with moonlight. Also shadows formed by fire/lightbulbs work.

April? What happens in April of importance?

Top Bottom