• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Toonami has used some censor bleeps before. I'm pretty sure they've also replaced words before. I'm curious how they will handle it, that may be up to Funimation, I dunno.
They've also let some things slide during the month of movies, so who knows.

And yeah, Black Lagoon is replacing Soul Eater.

I believe FLCL will be replaced by Samurai Jack in February.
FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, and Ghost in the Shell are likely going to always find a place on Toonami every now and then though.

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
Toonami has used some censor bleeps before. I'm pretty sure they've also replaced words before. I'm curious how they will handle it, that may be up to Funimation, I dunno.
They've also let some things slide during the month of movies, so who knows.

And yeah, Black Lagoon is replacing Soul Eater.

I believe FLCL will be replaced by Samurai Jack in February.
FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, and Ghost in the Shell are likely going to always find a place on Toonami every now and then though.
I've never seen a bleep. God only knows what they'll do for the amiamon fight in blue exorcist. Bon has a swearing fit eue.

How do you feel about attack on Titan potentially getting a spot after it is dubbed?

nessokman

Smash Lord
anywho, I'm pleased with fairytail's most recent chapter, crap is going down.

I am tempted to get the attack on titan manga, I'm reading recent chapters online, and i feel as though i should at least TRY to support the author. Plus it is a really cool series to have

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I wish Attack on Titan could have got me to care about the characters like Berserk's first part did.

I couldn't get into Berserk after the eclipse though, the flashback part was so good. Maybe I'll go back one day, but I don't want more than one always on hiatus manga for now.

nessokman

Smash Lord
goddamn it he became a shingeki fanboy

if every shingeki fanboy was actually a berserk fanboy, the world would be a much better place
I do love shingeki (I just say AoT because it's easier to remember) berserk isn't my thing. AoT is a series that really appeals to me. The music is awesome

It is a fantastic series, and the manga has some of the best art I've seen yet. I love a dark series, though I find that more than one at a time is too much. It's a good series to compliment the more-lighthearted series fairytail in my current ongoing series.
God that music....

Hey, I'm fine being a Shingeki fanboy, at least I'm not a one piece fanboy

asianaussie

Smash Hero
berserk isn't my thing.
I love a dark series
no words

also, implying shingeki is even half as dark as berserk, lel

though I find that more than one at a time is too much.
still no words, berserk isnt even an ongoing series atm

wow this guy has been promoted from highschool troll to badtaster troll

ive gone along with your incredibly archetypal rantings thus far but please, stop saying things, it'll benefit all of us

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Why do you have a vendetta against One Piece?
You've admitted that you don't want to bother reading it, so why do you feel the need to attack it? You're still wasting time on One Piece either way.

I don't get it.

nessokman

Smash Lord
no words

also, implying shingeki is even half as dark as berserk, lel

still no words, berserk isnt even an ongoing series atm

wow this guy has been promoted from highschool troll to badtaster troll

ive gone along with your incredibly archetypal rantings thus far but please, stop saying things, it'll benefit all of us
You realize I am already reading ONE darker series. I'd rather keep it at 1. I don't care if it is ongoing,given my schedule starting next week, I would only be able to read it at the rate it was made.

Why do you have a vendetta against One Piece?
You've admitted that you don't want to bother reading it, so why do you feel the need to attack it? You're still wasting time on One Piece either way.

I don't get it.
I'm still trying to figure out what makes such a series so popular, the art is nothing special, the story isn't either. And I AM watching the anime on toonami, though I am really just waiting for soul eater.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i believe there is some unfounded assumption inside you that is holding you back from enjoying one piece

probably something to do with how it's not edgy enough

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Did someone imply that SnK has good art? I love SnK a lot, but the author's not very good with his art. His scratchy, rough, ambiguous (in regards to characters) drawing happens to be forgivable for SnK because it kinda matches the mood. It's definitely not on purpose though.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I read somewhere that the author even admits that he's not a great artist, especially when it comes to drawing human-like faces and expressions.

Smooth Criminal

nessokman

Smash Lord
I read somewhere that the author even admits that he's not a great artist, especially when it comes to drawing human-like faces and expressions.

Smooth Criminal
A lot of authors say their art isn't good. I'm starting to think it is a universal thing for artists to not like their art

nessokman

Smash Lord
I had a goal of marathoning fullmetal alchemist, but the internet went out.

**** my life!

nessokman

Smash Lord
shingeki has meh art

it's good enough to give feels, but it's not 'good', by any stretch of the imagination
If AOT's art isn't good, I want to know what you're f*****g reading.The art matches the story perfectly, and it isn't drawn in a way I see often. (I should have worded that better.) I'm glad it isn't the regular plain old manga art that you see EVERYWHERE. The scratchy (not a real term but meh) style just makes it interesting to read. It OBVIOUSLY does its job.

I have too many manga going now with regular art, AOT's is a nice break from that.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I have too many manga going now with regular art, AOT's is a nice break from that.
And yet earlier you said this about One Piece.
the art is nothing special
What? I mean, it's fine if OP's art isn't your thing, a lot of people don't care for it, but how do you praise AOT's for being different yet call OP's nothing special?

nessokman

Smash Lord
And yet earlier you said this about One Piece.

What? I mean, it's fine if OP's art isn't your thing, a lot of people don't care for it, but how do you praise AOT's for being different yet call OP's nothing special?
First off, I'd like to thank you for actually using quote, I actually got a notification.

One piece is kind of stereotypical, off the walls wacky art. AOT isn't normal art wise, it's scratchiness, as I've said, is something I do t see much of, as most series (OP included) are very smooth and polished. IF that makes sense, I have issues conveying the full extent of my thoughts through text.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
One piece is kind of stereotypical, off the walls wacky art. AOT isn't normal art wise, it's scratchiness, as I've said, is something I do t see much of, as most series (OP included) are very smooth and polished. IF that makes sense, I have issues conveying the full extent of my thoughts through text.
I'll give you that it's wacky, but stereotypical? I can't think of anything that looks like OP's art style.

I think I get what you're saying about AOT, you like the rougher artwork. That's fine, I've always liked early Bleach's rougher style more than what it currently has. But I don't think you could call OP's art stereotypical just because it's polished.

Also, I wasn't trying to attack AOT's art, I'm not very familiar with it. However, I don't understand how you can say OP's art is nothing special.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
If AOT's art isn't good, I want to know what you're f*****g reading.The art matches the story perfectly, and it isn't drawn in a way I see often. (I should have worded that better.) I'm glad it isn't the regular plain old manga art that you see EVERYWHERE. The scratchy (not a real term but meh) style just makes it interesting to read. It OBVIOUSLY does its job.
ok, it does its job and is by no means bad, but it is also not particularly good, which you would know if you stopped to admire more than just flashy fight scenes

there is a reason 'regular plain old manga art' (what the **** does this even mean? you don't even read much manga, how do you judge) is so popular - it's good.

the story doesn't demand particularly good art, it's a rough-and-tumble story about struggling and clawing just to survive, and appreciating SIMPLISTIC beauty, all of which is well-conveyed in the minimalistic art styles they use in every non-town scene

half the scenes are incredibly fast-paced and composed mostly of blur lines, characters are extremely hard to distinguish from one another (make thematic comparisons all you want, this is never a good thing when you can't ****ing tell the difference between the main character and his opposite-sex 'love interest') and a lot of conversation scenes just don't stack up to the panoramas and two-fold spreads of battles

nessokman

Smash Lord
I'll give you that it's wacky, but stereotypical? I can't think of anything that looks like OP's art style.

I think I get what you're saying about AOT, you like the rougher artwork. That's fine, I've always liked early Bleach's rougher style more than what it currently has. But I don't think you could call OP's art stereotypical just because it's polished.

Also, I wasn't trying to attack AOT's art, I'm not very familiar with it. However, I don't understand how you can say OP's art is nothing special.
Rougher style. ****! you explained it better than me :,(

I mean, stereotypical in a vague ish way. There are plenty of series with art of a similar style. Hell, a lot of them were probably inspired by OP.
ok, it does its job and is by no means bad, but it is also not particularly good, which you would know if you stopped to admire more than just flashy fight scenes

there is a reason 'regular plain old manga art' (what the **** does this even mean? you don't even read much manga, how do you judge) is so popular - it's good.

the story doesn't demand particularly good art, it's a rough-and-tumble story about struggling and clawing just to survive, and appreciating SIMPLISTIC beauty, all of which is well-conveyed in the minimalistic art styles they use in every non-town scene

half the scenes are incredibly fast-paced and composed mostly of blur lines, characters are extremely hard to distinguish from one another (make thematic comparisons all you want, this is never a good thing when you can't ****ing tell the difference between the main character and his opposite-sex 'love interest') and a lot of conversation scenes just don't stack up to the panoramas and two-fold spreads of battles
Stop and admire anything besides fights? Ha! I read fights faster than I do everything else to get on.

How do you know how much manga I read?
I didn't know I had a fan club.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
you read less than me, i can assure you that much

and for someone who claims to have no time for one or two additional series, you're being awful high-and-mighty about things

good job actually responding to my points

nessokman

Smash Lord
you read less than me, i can assure you that much

and for someone who claims to have no time for one or two additional series, you're being awful high-and-mighty about things

good job actually responding to my points
I have little line now, that does not mean I didn't have time before this semester. As far as ongoing series go, I've got 7 ongoing series that I'm somewhat keeping up with CURRENTLY.

I probably do read less than you, but I've read more than my fair share.

Also to address a point of yours that I have yet to reply to, I usually dont are for the uber popular series. I watch them, but I always at that none of them live up to their hype. INCLUDING AOT.Hence why all my friends call me a hipster.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i was thinking, 'goddamn you have high expectations of mainstream stuff'... but then suddenly i remembered fairy tail and blue exorcist are among your favourites? idgi

and lol that your friends call you hipster

one piece lives up to the hype, if you dont think it does then you should probably be off reading kimi no iru machi

too bad you havent actually read or watched it (toonami? wut)

Last edited:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul

Like I said, it's totally unintentional that it works. If he could draw the characters more realistically, he'd be doing it. The limit of his skills happens to be good enough for the story he's making.

nessokman

Smash Lord
i was thinking, 'goddamn you have high expectations of mainstream stuff'... but then suddenly i remembered fairy tail and blue exorcist are among your favourites? idgi

and lol that your friends call you hipster

one piece lives up to the hype, if you dont think it does then you should probably be off reading kimi no iru machi

too bad you havent actually read or watched it (toonami? wut)
I don't see how blue exorcist is odd for my top favorites. I love everything about it (minus koneko).

Sorry, but I do not think OP lives up to it's "best anime ever" series rep I see it given. (Just remember that Not living up to hype is not equal to being bad)

Just for reference, my top 5 favorite series are-

1.Death Note
2.Blue Exorcist
3.Soul Eater
4. Bakuman
5.Fairy Tail

I had to think about it a lot, and over the past week it's changed a lot.(following my rewatching deathnote) (I don't have the manga, borrowed it from a friend and read it)

Fairytail barely makes my top 5, as it's story lacks too much.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
My fav anime of all time
Gintama
A certain magical index (and everything related to it)

Top Bottom