• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX and HRNut Present: Brawl Wars I - A New Hope 9/20/08

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
edit: north FL will probably not be making a showing to this. It's just too far and gas is too expensive for us. We might just hit up some Tallahassee tourney instead, because people have asked me to go to them long before this was set up.
I plan on going to it as well, I've already called off work. So all 3 regions of NFL should be in attendance.

However, the rest of my crew won't be there since they're doing a Yu-gi-oh tourney instead. I might be able to bring some other locals, but do you want to team there Gmoney?

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Aye now.

Darin plays a more....

I dont even know, but hes different. Im a more,...

Sexy...
Suave...
Diverse
Sexy Polish Mexican type Luigi...

Yall saw those combos right? Oh yea, MMmmmMm

Darin is like ...Bam...poke..poke, nado.....BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
He does have a different Luigi, and that's why we'll win. Everyone has played your Luigi and your play style. When Luigi_1 and I team, everyone's gonna think it's team Tequila, but it's the Hulk Watch... so you better watch out.

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
Hey now I can combo like a beast too. But ya our luigis are different but in good ways. Just different styles. And I want it to stay that way. haha Hulk Watch FTW

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I've decided that im definitely going to come to this and probably enter.
Chops has convinced me.
huzzah! bring those sexy SFL people with you

since theres so many sexy SFL people, those who cant fit in afros car find another sexy car to fit in. this pattern should continue until all of you sexy SFL people are in sexy cars coming to my sexy tourney. I'll even print like 20 copies of directions to the nearest Dennys from the tourney for afterwards.

Again, bring tvs/wiis/powerstrips. Now that this is the next brawl tourney in FL, time to get the hype train a-movin! I also gotta make fliers to draw locals to the slaughter

Still open $5 MM open challenges to anyone in Pool or Foosball. I still want to host a $5 foosball tourney, and ill do it if i get at least 4 people.

I did have a serious question though. When you use the TIO tourney program, is it the higher the skill level the better? Like, on a scale from 1-10, should afro be skill level 1 or skill level 10? I was going to make something like this for seeding:
-Everyone on the current power rankings and honorable mentions, even though they are alittle off, will be the highest skill level, which will probably be 4.
-Everyone not on the power rankings but is a regular tourney goer and i know is good will be level 3. This one will have the most people
-Everyone that has gone to a tourney before, but doesnt go to tourneys alot or doesnt place high alot will be skill level 2.
-Everyone that i havnt heard of or seen before would be skill level 1. Locals, new people on smashboards, etc.

I may just combine skill levels 2 and 3 though..im having a hard time deciding what would put a person in each place. But, what do you guys think of that method for seeding the tourney? OF course, it will also attempt to seed by location

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
It's fine,... I just really, really hope I don't have to fight PolMex, Monk, Luigi_1, or Freddy first round...

I just don't want another scenario like the past weekend...

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Aren't the tourney hosts from Orlando? Why is it in Tampa? :(

I wanna go to more brawl tourneys but I'm done traveling outside of Orlando for smash.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Aren't the tourney hosts from Orlando? Why is it in Tampa? :(

I wanna go to more brawl tourneys but I'm done traveling outside of Orlando for smash.
its hard to find a venue in orlando for some reason...

sheer! get a ride with finch to this tourney. hes coming and is looking to fill his car

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Yo GDX put me down, and i'm sure Cdoc and some other FIU will come, I can bring a Wii. See ya then.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you better be there chaz ;), i'm gonna have to work hard against pit...and there's a new team of pit marth in town just don't know when we're gonna break them out lol...
chaz posts are so rare...they're like shiny pokemon. Always happy to see them

by pit you mean andrew? or chris?

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
its hard to find a venue in orlando for some reason...
It's hard to find venues everywhere. Serisously, especially in Cleawater. There's none. I looked my *** off when I tried to have a tournament here. There's one place for games here... but the owners wanted to have the tournament on a Wednesday... so I told them to piss off and canceled my tournament.

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Alright just remember me!
No worries we won't forget about you.

you better be there chaz ;), i'm gonna have to work hard against pit...and there's a new team of pit marth in town just don't know when we're gonna break them out lol...
A new pit/marth team? They can't beat the original Pit/Marth team.

I'll find a way to get there, and it seems we need to have another money match HRnut.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
It's hard to find venues everywhere. Serisously, especially in Cleawater. There's none. I looked my *** off when I tried to have a tournament here. There's one place for games here... but the owners wanted to have the tournament on a Wednesday... so I told them to piss off and canceled my tournament.
if i could just get a business day off of work i would go by hard knocks and ask them in person. they literally never answer their phone

the play n trade here in orlando never called me back, like they said they would if they were interested in holding the tourney, so i gues they arent a viable candidate anymore. The doubletree hotel costs too much. I think they wanted like 400-500 for one day. Does anyone know of anymore lan centers besides gigs in Orlando area? I'll host a tourney there if i can find one.

Im also looking at tourneys in my actual home of Winter Haven, FL, which is about a 50 min drive from Orlando (I dont live in Orlando, im just there alot). its literally in the middle of florida. Almost an hour from tampa and orlando, 2 hours from ocala and st. pete.

a shame the closest venue i could find is this one, which is 2 hours from Orlando, but this place really is amazing. Its so good that i dont mind coming here to host tourneys. People just dont know it yet because they havnt come to the tourneys. Hopefully this time, the regular tourney goers will come and see the epicness of the venue, and spread the word. (Thats why the subtitle for this tourney is A New Hope, not cause its trying to mimic star wars)

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
chaz posts are so rare...they're like shiny pokemon. Always happy to see them

by pit you mean andrew? or chris?
Thanks for the welcome, I keep forgetting to post, it happens rarely....like a shiny pokemon. :chuckle:

Sorry for the double post, but wouldn't finding 2 shiny pokemon be better than one?

Top Bottom