• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gay people

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Link to original post: [drupal=5279]Gay people[/drupal]

Some people I talk to tell me that they'd never hang out with a gay guy that he suspected had feelings for him.

I dunno about other people, but I've been in that situation. I don't roll that way, but it sure is flattering in my opinion.

Short blog is short.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
All he has to do is say that he's not interested. But then comes the hard part where you can't because you might verbally hurt his feelings.

Pretty frustrating if that happens to me.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
If a gay guy gives you the business, i'd take it as a compliment. I've been hit on a total of 3 times by gay guys. Not my thing, but I take it as a huge compliment~ <3

Thanks gay guys. <3

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I'm not gay either but it would be pretty flattering I guess. Suppose it would depend on how well you knew the person.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
If someone had feelings for me that I couldn't reciprocate for whatever reason I'd probably avoid them too.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
it's happened to me, i just act like the guy has no feelings for me, then when i am with him casually mention how i like vaginas

casually, of course

if that is somehow too explicit bring up a mutual female friend and mention how slammin' her booty is

then he'll think to himself, 'oh man that guy's straight, better give up on him now'

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

I'm not gonna say it's a brilliant plan, but if that works for you, then I have nothing to oppose about it.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
The "that he suspected had feelings for him" part is funny, because some people suspect much too much. It reminds me of all the straight guys who assume that because I'm gay, automatically makes me irresistibly attracted to them. Like I'm a mindless sex-robot. In which case, I would not want to hang out with them, either.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
To be fair, most guys are pretty much just mindless sex-robots...

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Ha I never have this problem because all my friends are REAL MAN grrr

Not attracted to masculine men in the slightest, at first when I came out my friends had suspicions I was just saying that, but now that they've seen the kind of guys I prey on, they get it.

Now I pretty much get a barrage of kisses from them (on the cheek etc) on every night out. Feels good man.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I have an attraction to straight men solely because they generally have all the traits I look for in a guy. Unfortunately, I leave it to wishful thinking and hope that they'll admit their bi-curiosity to me and it'll be a happy little love story or something.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think Shorts told me that getting a straight man to allow you to _____ them gives you some kind of special gay badge on your gay sash. Maybe they're like those gold stars that some lesbians get.

Don't meet many gay men, but I think I would fall into the uncomfortable camp though. Probably just because I would be embarrassed with how easy of a mistake it is to make.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Excel's avatar absolutely rules this thread. @_@

I've had a couple gay guys crush on me, one being someone who I went to school with. While yes, it is flattering in a sense (though it also serves as a reminder as how effeminate I am), but I found it less enjoyable to be around than a girl that has a crush on me that I don't have feelings for. In both situations they have different expectations of the interaction which is always uncomfortable, but as a typical guy, I only put effort into talking to people when I think I can make whoopee with.

That, and the one that comes to mind was way *****ier than any woman I've ever known.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I used to be a slightly homophobic meathead **** for brains jock type in high school. Literally the stereotypical ignoramus you see in movies and stuff. I wasn't stupid, of course, but I had a very narrow view of the world and how things really work. Then one of my best friends came out to me halfway through.

It was sobering, but really it's been one of the best things to happen to me because it forced a much greater depth of thought upon me when it came to sexuality, and this of course naturally applied to other arenas of thinking or belief. I became a much more well-rounded person.

There's never been a scrape of awkwardness about it and once I got used to the idea it was business as usual. Also every time he's doing some kinda somethin' that a lot of cute girls will be attending he hits me up, so he's pretty much pure homey

EDIT:

Also, funny enough, Teran might be the internet homebread I talk to the most about dem wimmens and such. For a big ol' homo he has an uncanny appreciation of the female form

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It doesn't matter if you're gay or straight, people understand that women are just more beautiful than men.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It doesn't matter if you're gay or straight, people understand that women are just more beautiful than men.
Not true, the male physique is a ****ing marvel. It is actually far more shapely and defined than a woman's, by far.

They're both pretty amazing in their own ways, remember, eye of the beholder man.

I mean ironically I don't even find adonis physique sexually appealing so go figure.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I'll give you defined but I just can't give you shapely. We'll have to involve the U.N. in this negotiation.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm not going to get into this, it's going to get pretty gay.

Here's a peace offering.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'd assume that for a straight guy, having a gay guy interested in them wouldn't be much different than a woman being interested in me. I knew one online that was interested in both me and my boyfriend. Honestly, it was awkward. There's a difference between being interested in someone and hitting on someone though. I'd feel awkward if a guy hit on me seeing as I'm not available. Though I tend to avoid that by small things I say.

Of course, if a straight guy were to feel uncomfortable around me, thinking that I was interested in them, then I'd probably hang out with them less because it would show that they're way too self-centered if they think that they're that irresistible, and it would be awkward for me to be around them.

:059:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Teran said:
I'm not going to get into this, it's going to get pretty gay.

Here's a peace offering.

hgggggghghghghghhghghghg :b:

Excel said:
d.

I'll see you that and raise you this.

No raising was done! The bet wasn't even seen! Teran wins the hand just fold mang

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Girls are currently the embodiment of beauty, but it didn't always used to be that way. Greeks for a long time thought men were the most attractive gender.

As for what holder said, I would agree that women are generally more beautiful. But when I see an exceptionally good looking guy, he trumps any woman that could ever be standing next to him. My brain anyways.

As for the problem at hand. Take it as a compliment and move on. At lot of freshmen girls had crushes on me during my senior year of highschool, and its flattering to say the least.

:phone:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah, I don't mean even gay guys are attracted to women more. :laugh: You're right though that the Greeks were obsessed with the male physique, though honestly that was perhaps the epitome of a male dominated society. And even they, in their mythologies, spoke of women as the most beautiful, if I remember correctly. Men were generally associated with being better spiritually/mentally. XD

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Dude there's a reason a lot of greek statues are just hunky naked men.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
How did a thread about gay people turn into posting pictures of hot girls?

Only Teran would derail a gay thread into chick pics.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I think gay people lie when they say that they can have straight/platonic friends that they are not attracted to.

If you are attractive, you are attractive, and it doesn't make sense to me that a gay man wouldn't find a straight man physically attractive purely because he is straight.

I have lesbian friends who I would love to bone. In fact, every lesbian friend that I have ever had that is attractive I have wanted to bone. Nahm sayin'?

If you're gay and you dig the manbutt, its cool, but don't deny your natural want to bone everything, whether it be men or women or ponies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
A guy isn't going to be attractive to every gay guy.

There are these things, called opinions and preferences and whatnot, you might have heard about them.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'm a pretty masculine acting gay guy and I just end up hanging out with more straight guys in general (I do have a lot of gay friends though). And some of my straight friends are pretty attractive both in looks and personality. And some of them know, I find them attractive but I'm not trying to hook up with them or convert anyone. My friends are all incredibly cool with my being gay because they know I'll never try anything on them. I think a lot of straight guys these days don't care too much until you try to make a move on them. The same way we as gay men want our respect and acknowledgement of "I'm gay and this is who I am", straight people want that as well and to have their boundaries respected. As long as you aren't like "Oh **** girl, I'ma turn this str8 boi here. I know he wants some ****!", most people don't really care.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I work out like a straight guy.

I never do abs.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
A guy isn't going to be attractive to every gay guy.

There are these things, called opinions and preferences and whatnot, you might have heard about them.
I dunno if this was in response to me, but it was right after my post so I'm going to acknowledge that it is...

I never said every gay guys want to bone every man in existence. I'm saying that sexuality doesn't change your preferences, as in gay guys won't NOT find straight guys attractive solely because of the fact that they're straight.

I've had gay friends who have tried to bone me when they knew my sexuality, and I've had gay friends say that they could never want me because I'm straight. I'm just saying that's not how it works.

Seartu

Smash Journeyman
Man, I consider myself fairly attractive and I never get hit on by my gay friends.

Some of you guys must be studs.

:phone:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I never said every gay guys want to bone every man in existence. I'm saying that sexuality doesn't change your preferences, as in gay guys won't NOT find straight guys attractive solely because of the fact that they're straight.

I've had gay friends who have tried to bone me when they knew my sexuality, and I've had gay friends say that they could never want me because I'm straight. I'm just saying that's not how it works.
Doesn't the opinion/preference thing kind of apply to that mentality too, though? Couldn't "straight" be a turnoff for some people?

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I don't think sexuality should be any sort of an indication of your personality. I know it is wrong, but sexual preference is an unreasonable indicator of someone's preferences.

I say that it is wrong because sexuality is sexuality and personality is personality. Teran acts very straight yet he is gay. If he acted really gay and he was straight, should that change any gay man's attraction to him? I don't think it should.

Top Bottom