• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gathering of the Brethren I: The Last Best Hope of NC Smash, May 22nd

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
these were tourny and i had no clue on matchup outside of general marthy spaceing and stuff

i didnt wanna spam Fairs all day... i was basically tryin to learn like u said but in mid tourny when i dont know matchups it feels weird to delegate myself to some gay ****
Ahhh yeah, well it's tournament man. Money and pride are on the line, so playing gay really isn't that bad of a thing.

I'll tell you what I know about those matchups though haha.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yeah m@t, i thought you were talking about tourney. friendlies you dont have to play as gay, those are the times to practice new ****, just to see how people react.

brawl results(from what i heard)

1.kadaj
2.shady
3.rag
4. kale

there were like 16+ peeps

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
shady 3-1'd him first set of grandfinals snake vs marth but then second set kadaj won (dont know set count) snake vs mk

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
...i got 5th.

did you guys not see that? I know this wasn't stacked, and I didn't exactly make any upsets but...i got 5th.

can I just get one "good **** chris" post?

BEHR

Smash Hero
bad **** chris

mediocre **** cam.

:']

jk good stuff.

btw im playin mario sunshine right now so fun.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
@ chirs, i have no idea who the good players in melee are, except pp and lozr. but apparently you dont get 5th usually so i will say good ****, and that this is your first step to ****** all NC. (except pp, he beat kage. you will never ever have a chance at beating this man, ever... like ever.)

Foxy

Smash Master
Shoutouts:

Dr. Neo - Fun friendlies and good stuff entering, too bad you forgot your recording shiz. =[
Chris - Great job, I know you feel like you didn't do that well but you still showed a lot of improvement.
Cam - So close to doing so well, but you still stacked it up pretty well and gave me the business.
Anthony - Good set, I was surprised to do that much better having just come from Melee. Good job still outplacing me.
Kale - Do you actually live in NC now? I know Snapp does but I don't know if you're SC or not anymore. Also huge props on your placing.
Kadaj - You're too smart. Amazing job.
Shady - WHY YOU LOSE FIRST ROUND TO D3 AND IN MY LOSERS

I lost to 1st and 2nd and got 5th. =[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
major sad panda

The other 5th lost to 4th and 5th

not johns, just a good example of how upsets really change the results by mixing up seeds in the various rounds of the loser's bracket
but all in all, same for PR business anyhow, and had I even made it to third (which I doubt anyways) just missed out on entrance fee back.

i don't know why i'm talking about this
i'm waiting for some large files to transfer off my ehd

hi peepee
thanks for not showing up
it felt...
competitive

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mario Sunshine is alright, but we should be focusing on Galaxy 2, which comes out Sunday.

*looks at watch*

I CAN'T WAIT! This game is gonna be the ****.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Is that what you know me for, Keith? Beating Kage?

haha
no, its just that chris mains ganon, and you beat the best ganon.

i was just messin with him though, he can ****.

edit: foxy stop feeling so down when u dont place what you want.

lord karn

Smash Master
There were 16 entrants for singles in both games. 6 melee teams, 4 brawl teams (me and foxy dropped out of brawl teams because he had to go)

We already had 9 tvs set up before anyone got here. Even though we started melee like two hours late, it still finished almost on time. Brawl was completely finished by about midnight. Singles finished at like 9:30. Had to finish up the teams round robin, though, because no one played their matches earlier.

Wish the turnout was better, but it went pretty well.

I made a 3-0 comeback against cam when I was down two matches in our set. It was pretty intense.

I also did the coolest thing I've ever done in tournament here. Foxy was standing on the edge of a platform and I did an edgecancelled falling up-air, which pushed him off the platform, to another falling up air then like an upsmash to uair or something. It was so legit.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Haha dwam that sounds really tight. I wish I could have seen it in person haha.

It also would've been sick if you killed him in a combo off of that upsmash.

Foxy

Smash Master
I also did the coolest thing I've ever done in tournament here. Foxy was standing on the edge of a platform and I did an edgecancelled falling up-air, which pushed him off the platform, to another falling up air then like an upsmash to uair or something. It was so legit.
That blew my mind

I just remember you shield pressured me while I was lightshielding on the platform and you did a falling uair-edgecancel-uair combo which pushed me off and then second one hit. I don't remember if anything came after but that was enough to make me ZOMFG

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
no, josh did the sexiest thing ever

shine>jab reset>shine>jab reset>shine>jab reset>shine>jab reset

also tourneys right now arent about me actually doing well ive only been in this community like a month? maybe 2?

been to 2 tournys and placed 8ish in both with both have 16ish ppl in it

i mean i doubt i could have beaten YAY karn DJ cam foxy jmh so best i feel i would have deserved woulda been like 7

also i took a match off Gofg when we played, not so convincing when the next two are me getting 2stocked but i was figuring him out i dunno, vs IC's i just need to fair fair fair and kill nana when i can?

i was playing neo in friendlies b4 our match and i took matches so if i played the matchup right i woulda won, but srsly tourny for me is just getting matches, if i win i win, and thats ****, but no hard feelings otherwise

also, i had like 5 upsmash kills, lolol fthrow platform techchase upsmash on yoshi's is ****

that aside ill actually buckle down and start ****** once im confident in my gayness

<3 at page 42 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=273597&page=42

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
if you mean ledgehop dair's, i've tech'd those too, sir. although not when they're done right.

but don't have th GAY in you to do it right. so i ain't scurred.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
nah no dair spike, the wizard's foot. I don't like giving people more of a chance to tech or especially meteor cancel it..... so i go off-stage usually with the inverted WF, or just jumping off backwards and doing it far out I mean. It gets a LOT of people., looks like you're going for a ******** bair if you position yourself right. It took some time to get it down so I can not only get back without suiciding but close to a sweetspot if need be....

and even if you DO tech a dairspike from me... I expect ace to tech it all time and repeatedly stomp consecutive techs and meteor cancels from him.. I think the most I've done is 5(in ganon dittos). :)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
oh, diatenshi plays marth, i'm just trash talking him and his marth dairs. he doesn't play any ganon. although in ganon dittos, i'd be sure to WF spike, given the opportunity.

trust me dorsey. i tech almost everything possible. i think falcon's utilts are my new favorite thing to tech. that, and tipped marth dtils.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
also tourneys right now arent about me actually doing well ive only been in this community like a month? maybe 2?

been to 2 tournys and placed 8ish in both with both have 16ish ppl in it
hey shut up you've placed better than I ever have and I've been in for a year.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
hey shut up you've placed better than I ever have and I've been in for a year.
Ocean, did u ever notice u had more tech skil than me?

yea, cuz ya do

i am the least technical player in NC probably, holy **** i dont even wavedash in matches unless to waveland platforms or pulsewalk after killing someone

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
tech skill =! good

I have decent tech skill on random things, but I can't utilize it properly.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
you just need to chill moar and space better

like less aggro from you, and stay out of the ****, expecially vs. chris.... ganon is not someone to be hit by

if i didnt play marth i would be alot worse off, cause spacing is one of the few things i can actually do well

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
things I learned at this tournament: do not insult insane brawl players.

I have bruises all over my arms.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
thing to keep in mind with that ocean: all brawl players are insane :)

also ocean...i know you've been hearing this a lot but...u have to pick a character. And then begin to know EVERYTHING about that character. I probably have more posts in linguinis advice thread than I do anywhere else. That's the main reason I got better. I know ganon inside and out, and I've learned his options, watched his vids, learnedhis matchups, and studied his hitboxes and frame data.

and I've learned...nothing vs sheik. *sadness*

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
sheik is just like the ultimate punisher

she punishes any wrong move u make with a grab and then a stock

she doesnt really have a great approach but her needles mean she doesnt have to

GL vs that *****

Top Bottom