• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gathering of the Brethren I: The Last Best Hope of NC Smash, May 22nd

stingers

Smash Obsessed
chillin was at like herb1 wow that doesnt matter at all anymore. logic was herb2 and wow that doesnt matter at all anymore either. i beat logic at herb2 but he'd sure as hell kick my *** now.

mdva isnt one of the best states either maybe at the start of the game but not anymore. candy is probably their best player and he lost to chibo.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
First set in GF was 3-1, Shady won.

Second set was 3-1, Kadaj won.

Just in case anyone's confused. Btw, sorry I told you the set count wrong last night, Keith.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Stingers be trollin. Also, about losing to your sh-itty ROB since I'm 2nd best in the state:

You essentially just said that the #2 player should not lose to the #1 player.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
alright in melee. lozr and $mike are solid mid tier players. i won't knock them.

brawl is my expertise however, and we're not very good. shady you shouldn't lose to random ddd's and my ****ty rob if you're the 2nd best in the state. and keith i read that shady won set 1 of gfs and kadaj won set 2.
Stongers, get it together man. You have been solidly improving in smash since Brawl came out, and now your hard work is paying off. Now is NOT the time to get emo. Now is the time to make some more great tweaks in your game and show people that they're wrong about NC.

PLUS, you can start passing on knowledge to other NC Brawl players so that the entire state benefits from your work.

We have too much potential to get bogged down like this, come on!!!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
prepare to dedicate every minute of your free time to improving in smash if you want to have a chance

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
NC: " hey stingers would you like to eat at golden coral?"

Stingers: " well sure, this will feed me well."

keith: "........"

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
kevin thanks but that doesnt really help anything lol
It doesn't help if you don't let it.

everyone else reading this shouldn't give up and instead take advantage of our resources in order to make our state known. It can be done, and I know enough of you care to do it.

@Matt: It takes at least a year and a half to get up there for Melee, but I strongly approve of your determination. You can start taking out lower PR'd players or at least more people by the end of the summer though. =)

SK919

Deal with it
Iunno about brawl but NC melee is getting stronger.

If you pay attention to $Mike's game play you can definitely tell he's getting mad beast . I can't wait to see how he does at a major. He's going to get off.

We also have Karn and twitch who are getting awesome! Twitch has so much potential because he's so young... and of course l0zr who is just l0zr.

I think cam is going to be pretty good as well. NC melee is gonna be a power house. we're awesome ;D

stingers

Smash Obsessed
holy **** keith i'm sorry you're so upset that i'm saying you suck but its true so cry about it somewhere else please

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
It doesn't help if you don't let it.

everyone else reading this shouldn't give up and instead take advantage of our resources in order to make our state known. It can be done, and I know enough of you care to do it.

@Matt: It takes at least a year and a half to get up there for Melee, but I strongly approve of your determination. You can start taking out lower PR'd players or at least more people by the end of the summer though. =)
im shootin for DJ

marth V a good shiek is a high wall

i dont feel i should have lost in the tourny where i did yesterday though, for sure, Neo and Gofg **** but i totally ruined the matchup with stupid **** i was doing, should definately have a good lockdown on that BS next time

im not salty, but definately not without flavor

stingers

Smash Obsessed
-,-

no keith im not. im at my grandmoms and I dunno when ill be home

neo plays brawl now. he won a tourney yesterday too

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Well, you have lots of resources to help you get better. You have lots of experienced players in NC, and you have the Peach boards, and you even have recordings of yourself to look over. It's perfectly possible for you to improve, but you have to let us help you bro.
Im going to see how C.E.O plays out and try my best to learn a lot at that, plus ill be with you so ill have no excuse not to learn something. i mean, i can beat people that most people think are good. I mean, last night i was doing well against DJ's fox, when i played his shiek at SOS2 it was close. I learned a lot about the IC's match up and starting doing really well against GOFG last night. That felt good considering those were the two guys that really got me into melee for the most part. But i cant beat people in Tourney that are at or below my level. I dont know if its nerves or anger or not being able to stay calm. (and no offense to chris if he takes this the wrong way) but i feel like me and him are on the same level and improving at the same rate. I just havent been able to prove it to anyone yet and its frustrating. I mean, i have good days where im doing everything right and have a CLOSE set with karns falco, which would have been closer if i would have thought about how bad yoshis is for peach vs falco. and days where i can take cam to game three i guess. Then I have terrible, terrible days where i get ****ed up by chris ON DREAMLAND. I want people to say, man your getting on the right track, not yeah you were able to do that because you play peach and you cant L cancel you suck yadda yadda whatever. Ugh, I dont know its just hard out there, trying to get your rep up.

/RANT

yo snapp, you pump up kale alot- trying to make everyone see that he is good. thats pretty commendable seeing how he does the complete opposite for you.

@ stingers- shady 3-1 kadaj u idiot. they split in GF's
Yeah, Cory's been doing this thing where he talks **** to me until i do bad in melee, but i think its because he wants me to come back to brawl. Or maybe he actually doesn't like me...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Im going to see how C.E.O plays out and try my best to learn a lot at that, plus ill be with you so ill have no excuse not to learn something. i mean, i can beat people that most people think are good. I mean, last night i was doing well against DJ's fox, when i played his shiek at SOS2 it was close. I learned a lot about the IC's match up and starting doing really well against GOFG last night. That felt good considering those were the two guys that really got me into melee for the most part. But i cant beat people in Tourney that are at or below my level. I dont know if its nerves or anger or not being able to stay calm. (and no offense to chris if he takes this the wrong way) but i feel like me and him are on the same level and improving at the same rate. I just havent been able to prove it to anyone yet and its frustrating. I mean, i have good days where im doing everything right and have a CLOSE set with karns falco, which would have been closer if i would have thought about how bad yoshis is for peach vs falco. and days where i can take cam to game three i guess. Then I have terrible, terrible days where i get ****ed up by chris ON DREAMLAND. I want people to say, man your getting on the right track, not yeah you were able to do that because you play peach and you cant L cancel you suck yadda yadda whatever. Ugh, I dont know its just hard out there, trying to get your rep up.

/RANT

Yeah, Cory's been doing this thing where he talks **** to me until i do bad in melee, but i think its because he wants me to come back to brawl. Or maybe he actually doesn't like me...
Well then you have all-over tourney experiences, that should make your high points things to remind yourself of when you get down or need to realize how good you are. The low points just mean you have work to do and can't ever count anyone out so you always stay motivated to do your best. That's part of smash. It's not a reason to give up though. Not even close.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
you got above me...and I uaired you like...20 times and then faired you. I know i don't make it easy, but you have to be able to find a way down. cuz once you approached me in the air, if i got that first uair, i didn't let you down easily. you can't let me get that first uair.

if it wasn't a tourney set, i wouldve let you know that. but we never played again after that.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
snap you do not suck at melee. you may have bad days, but that does not mean you suck.

Top Bottom