• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gathering of the Brethren I: The Last Best Hope of NC Smash, May 22nd

Moophobia

Smash Champion
Oh yee. Twitch ***** dood. But using friendlies to gauge skill is not a very good idea.

Edit: Not saying don't try in friendlies, but It's hard to play fox as fast as I can all the ****in time. It's nice to ease up a bit, I'm still obviously trying I want to win but I'm gonna try new things instead of just going for the things I know or say people get bored sometimes and just start to rush in play for fun.

null55

Smash Master
it's not like i'm just clowning around in friendlies or anything on purpose (although sometimes that's the case). i'm just far less focused in friendlies naturally. i'm at tournament level in like... the first 10 seconds of a match or something, but my mind just naturally wanders when i'm playing friendlies.

there are certainly times where i'm on point and trying to do my best in friendly matches... but it's honestly very rare.... i'm just lazy lol... if i could very easily play at my best all the time, don't get me wrong, i ****in would.

so yeah, there's absolutely nothing wrong with trying in friendlies. but that wasn't what i was talking about. i was talking about taking the result of friendlies very seriously...

null55

Smash Master
lol if the result is positive, what's the harm in lying to yourself without knowing that you're lying to yourself? increased confidence? the TJ effect.

EDIT: lol shut up stingers.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
cam, i don't know if your falcon can actually try hard. if it can, then i look forward to the good matches. if it can't, then i look forward to your money.

and you know i can tell when you try and when you don't. i've called you out on it. you also appear to assume i'm always trying hard in friendlies. i JUST learned how to think while playing this game, and i definitely don't do it every match lol.

you've told me i've had more potential than anyone else has cam. tomorrow i plan to give you a glimpse of it, and take your money in the process.

lord karn

Smash Master
So we've got nine full melee set ups, including tvs, in the apt right now. . .

We're setting up everything today so tvs will be in the most efficient places.

Brawl people, we've only got one or two copies of brawl, so brawl running on time is completely up to you guys. Bring setups!

If we could get a total of 15 tvs, that would be plenty for friendlies to exist as well as tournament. I only expect there to be no friendlies going on during the first round of singles for both games. We're going to be pretty strict about getting first round done so that tvs can open back up and the tournament doesn't get held up.

Also, who is planning on coming over tonight?

mb?

Smash Journeyman
this is snap, I plan on heading over late tonight with a whole ****ing car full,

whats brawl turn out looking like?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lol matt.

i just really don't hope i lose all of it. no matter what, i won't be stranded or anything, cuz i'm kind of working for my parents and stuff today (still have to mow the lawn), but if i lose all of these somehow...it'll be a problem hahaha.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
it won't come down to that.

i'd bow out of a couple mm's before i ask you for more money.

but if it did somehow come down to that, i'd just pay you back at my next paycheck (next semester).

null55

Smash Master
lol... you dunno if i can try with falcon? psh... ***** i guess we'll see.

and that time you called me out i was just running around lolololololol. that's like... obvious as ****. opposite side of the spectrum, not even the gray area. i was just so happy to validate that you're not ******** like your cousin.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
since cam's challenging me to MM's, i suppose he's going. other than that, i have no speculations.

i'm trying to troll Dshep into coming though. but knowing him, i doubt i could get him to enter.

null55

Smash Master
no one from Greensboro is going besides me.

BEHR has a 'girl'.

Mike says he doesn't want to go to anything until after Asheboro.

EDIT: and Smith doesn't care about smash. or something idk.

Top Bottom