• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Dear Ganon threads, I've stopped by for my bi-annual check in, and am disappointed in how inactive the boards are! None of you on here now probably remember me, and I did, at one time, have an intro on the initial post, but I guess its gone now lol anyway, keep stomping!

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Dear Ganon threads, I've stopped by for my bi-annual check in, and am disappointed in how inactive the boards are! None of you on here now probably remember me, and I did, at one time, have an intro on the initial post, but I guess its gone now lol anyway, keep stomping!
Funny thing is, I do remember you, even though you probably have not even the slightest clue who I am.

Anywho, where's Z1gma!? And Fonz?! And Verm!?

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
Well I hope we see some more in-person SSBB tournaments popping up. With the online connection termination looming over the horizon, I'm afraid my Ganon won't be getting in much practice :c

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Oh, is this a revival? Awesome

Have the ganon gauntlet from this year

(left to right): Vermanubis, DLA, Vex, Salem, ScaryLB, G~P

Heartstring

Smash Legend
are we doing this?
Looks like I'll need to do a ganonic post at some point when wrestling, but until then this will do

...****ing hell, I was fat back then. the improvement is real.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I come here and see little Exalted flexing shirtless with several women in his bed. I have never been so proud.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Oh, is this a revival? Awesome

Have the ganon gauntlet from this year

(left to right): Vermanubis, DLA, Vex, Salem, ScaryLB, G~P
G~P, your Hand Pose is by far the best in the picture. So accurate.

btw, I love Bad News Barret.

Last edited:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
G~P, your Hand Pose is by far the best in the picture. So accurate.

btw, I love Bad News Barret.
I am a fan of perfection. Hence why I play Ganon!

And Barrett is the best. I'm also training to be a wrestler so that's a good person to aim to be like, haha

Exalted

Smash Lord
I vote for myself in largest increase in manliness since my initial induction. Counterproductively enough, have this rather silly picture of me

Don't worry, my hair is usually not this unkempt~

Last edited:

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Arrrrrr..... Now I have to work on increasing manliness, and at least gaining some upper hand in this race for Alpha Ganon.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Ganon was shown near the end of the Hyrule Warriors trailer, so he hasn't completely disappeared since Windwaker.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
I miss how active this place was back when I was on here.
But it's fine, in the 4 years I've been gone, it's clear that all the GANON's are off plotting evil schemes ready for sm4sh.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
likewise, these days i'm more interested in playing PM than I am brawl, which is a sad thing for me to realise.

Also sykkamorre, I see you're in the UK too, you should join our smashuk facebook group, we all in there.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Bump! Ganon is confirmed for SSB4 :)
He looks like the TP Oldmandorf but he might play faster anyway.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Very hard to say, given how little we have to go off of. So far, here's a list of the known (to me, anyway) buffs and nerfs:

Pros
-Faster and stronger NAir (meaning, more OoS options)
-BAir is stronger (more reliable kill moves)
-DTilt hits everyone after Gerudo (more kill options)
-Can't be CGed (I feel ridiculous having to scrape the bottom of the barrel so far as to cite mechanical changes as buffs lol)
-DA seems to have super armor
-Lower growth on his throws, meaning more follow-ups
-Wizkick no longer punishable on hit
-Overall racks damage much more quickly
-Up-B has way more stun, so no longer punishable on hit
-Faster running speed (adjusting for sped up gameplay)

Cons
-Gerudo might be techable
-Aerudo might be punishable on hit
-DAir is no longer a reliable kill move (thanks to no AC)
-DA seemes weaker

All things considered, the relatively few buffs are indeed significant ones. But truthfully, a couple of mechanical changes have wiped out most of Ganon's problems. No CGs, much lower chance of death match-ups therefore and easier to recover. Truth be told, Ganon's meta was developed well enough that his relative lack of change won't be a big deal in the scope of how much everything else has changed in relation to him. That is to say, faster gameplay and new mechanics may have been the only meaningful changes Ganon needed to remove those massive concrete walls in front of him.

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
Well that's good to hear sir. Everywhere else that I've heard from generally told me "LUL HE STILL GONNA BE **** TIER" without giving a general explanation to his changes.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah, I mean, it'll still take balls of steel to main him (we are the proud few who can say we accept PSing as a viabe approach option), but I think this time around, he'll still not be amazing, but I think he will be FAR less easily abused.

Top Bottom