• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Nope there's plenty of time. You've pretty much got a guaranteed spot since we need WC hype, plus we never know if we'll need you to ganoncide Ally again.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'd like to sign up for the gauntlet too.

<- better than GP :cool:

What I do is Up throw, jump at them to force an air dodge, then fast fall to the ground and Fsmash their landing.
Holy ****, that's even more **** than fair 0_o

:059:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
honestly i think UThrow is our best throw
there's very very few characters who ever want to be above us
don't ever do it to Peach though

i learned that the hard way...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Tell me about it
when your best friend is a really good Peach... yeah
good thing neither of us really play any more

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Dahrem, you going to Dustbowl 4? I'll see you there. :D
I am and you will.

And I agree with upthrow being our best throw. What's the general consesus on DThrow? I've found it useless. When I first strated playing, it was all I used, and I didn't like it. If there is a use for it, please enlighten me.

Also on the subject of peach, what is the best method of fighting her? I don't expect to win in that matchup as I've faced competent peach players before, but is there actually anything we CAN do? If not, what characters are good against peach?

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Peach is easy to counter. If you can't deal with her as Ganon you can **** her for free with MK, Snake or Falco.

As Ganon I've played the match-up only against meh Peaches. Usmash worked, uair worked, DA worked well.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good Peachs (if I typed 'peaches' it would refer to the fruit, lol) shut down and 2 stock my Ganon/Zelda. Peach walls out attacks and is fast enough to have very little vulnerability.
Bad (any character here) can lose to anyone.

I should work in Uthrow to my game; I always Fthrow for the damage.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'm just messing with you son
Peach is easy to counter. If you can't deal with her as Ganon you can **** her for free with MK, Snake or Falco.

As Ganon I've played the match-up only against meh Peaches. Usmash worked, uair worked, DA worked well.

Yeah, but this is for ganon-peach rather than using a counter XD

That said, Its a wierd matchup because you REALLY want to be outside of peaches bubble rather than inside it, which is what you want to do in most matchups

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
All of Ganon's match-ups are about getting the opponent in the air and pressure him onto the ledge from there imo

Xubble

Smash Ace
I view Ganon as a "I have no knockback-weak moves, so keep hitting the opponent away from me until they're thrown into a blastzone" sort of character.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
That said, Its a wierd matchup because you REALLY want to be outside of peaches bubble rather than inside it, which is what you want to do in most matchups
and even then it's still hard because she has a great camp game and we struggle to get in to punish a turnip pull if she spaces it well.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Peach has a good camp game lol
Not against say, Metaknight or Falco
But seriously who can realistically outcamp a Falco?
(hint the answer is MAYBE Metaknight depending on stage)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Against Ganon, even Luigi has a great camp game.
^this literally made me chuckle. I guess any character with a range attack has some camping ability. Peach has a crazy good spacing game and her Goddess Dair etc stops a lot of projectile camping.
I played a good round vs Peach but she pulled a stitch-face turnip at the end:urg:. It's in the video thread.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Peach is one of my favorite MUs as Ganon. It's challenging but a good test of skill.

And Mink, I am prepared.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I like fighting Peach a lot, myself. Landing a FAir when she whiffs a floating BAir or FAir is pretty n33t.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Aside from flame choke, did Ganon get any improvements from Melee at all? /Haven't played Melee in years.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Melee Ganon had better stats all around. That considered, yes Flame Choke>Melee's sideB.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Melee SideB: Leads to combos, specifically puts opponent in the air where Ganon WANTS them.
Brawl SideB: Leads to a tech chase and (almost always) a one-move follow up.

I'm gonna have to side with the Melee SideB. Sorry Flame Choke. :\

Top Bottom