• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Xubble

Smash Ace
Dthrow at very low percents
Uthrow at mid-high percents
Fthrow/Bthrow to get foe offstage

That's basically what Ganon's throw game should consist of.

Assuming he GETS a grab

-LzR-

Smash Hero
And that's why you can actually land grabs more than you should. No one really gives a ****.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ganon's pivot grab is pretty mediocre still. I think it's just as bad (maybe a bit better than) as Falcon's pivot.

:phone:
in terms of range the two are pretty equivalent...and then you look at the startups of the pivot grabs
Ganondorf: 11
Falcon: 16
yeeeaa....

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Ganon's pivot grab is definitely above average.

A few things to note:

Dthrow is okay. Sometimes I follow it up with a full hop Fair at mid %'s, which will sweetspot if it lands and will often kill because they don't expect it and they DI poorly. Also it's worth noting that Dthrow COMBOS into Dsmash at 0% on Snake. The Snake Killer Combo is courtesy of Z1GMA.

Honestly I haven't experimented much with Uthrow. Mainly because it only does 7%, as opposed to Fthrow's 13-14%. Even if you punish their landing with a Uair or whatever, it will generally do only 5-6% more than simply Fthrowing them. Which means that in order for Uthrow + punish to be better than Fthrow, you'd need to successfully punish their landing over 50% of the time after Uthrow. Which I'd imagine is unrealistic for most people. I mean, this math is obviously inaccurate, but the general idea stands.

I will always Bthrow if it gets them offstage. Ganon is simply too good at edgeguarding/disrupting recoveries to consider anything else. Especially when other throws will likely give up his stage control.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
If the wario lands on a platform after a grab release, aerudo them. They'll shield because they expect you to try to aerial them (which you can also do if they expect the aerudo).

As for the regrab, yeah it's timing. I never really do regrab stuff, air release infinites are dumb. As for the "finisher", just buffer an up-angled Fsmash to kill, or buffer a Dair to do damage and give a followup. No timing required for either, except the buffer timing.

:phone:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Got it.
Well, we'll prob be drinking in our hotel room for a bit, and bar hopping.
But you're welcome to join for what you can.

If we go to "The Golden Rail" again, it's a club and you're welcome to join.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
awesomesauce, I probably wont want to join you guys on evening before the tournament, because im there for that. but otherwise, hell yes

Rizen

Smash Legend
Papa Mink, that avatar is scary.

The more I look, the more frightened I get. ._.
^

I can't go to Apex. Too far and no $ :( .

With the grab release on Wario, is the re-grab timing the same after Wario air breaks at any %? I practiced on a lv9 cpu and he seemed to be able to act faster at very low %s. I got 4 or 5 in a row. Lol my 1st true infinite is with Ganon.

Top Bottom