• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Someday, GP. Someday we'll pass on the streets of London, looking at each other and just knowing who we are. Then we will give a dark chuckle and continue on our ways.

Or party. Either or.
This is a great plan, minus the fact that I dont live in london, Im not even close
Im just REALLY dedicated to smash

well just save your plans for apex boys when we're cruising the streets or Jersey
and get chibbed XD

Also, I think we should perhaps get a ganonic hotel room (1. because it would rock and 2. some of the UK people can only be handled in small doses) for apex. I think enough of us are going to warrant it plus it means we can go out on the town and flame choke haters and show our thunderous boots to the *****es

Rizen

Smash Legend
What about shield dashing>shield grabbing SH happy characters? Ganon's grab is much higher than most. /brainstorming

Heartstring

Smash Legend

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Like, why can he bend his arms at the elbow?

It's silly. but meh. I still manage to get grabs against characters with below average range with PSgrabs. He has good throws so its a shame his range sucks

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Good to know.
Q What's Ganon's best throw and followup if any and will any of his throws KO at a realistic %?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Ganon has little in the way of a follow-up outside of Choke --> jab. Uair is good as a follow up option for certain moves, like Dtilt and Dthrow, but usually at low percents. As for his best throw, it depends on what you want. None of his throws reliably kill. I personally prefer his Dthrow, as I can usually follow it up with a Uair/Fair with a good enough read.

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
^Good to know.
Q What's Ganon's best throw and followup if any and will any of his throws KO at a realistic %?
His best throw is subjective really. They all have their uses:
Fthow: getting people offstage/killing at high percents when near the edge. also does the most damage
Dthrow: lowest damage. Good for setting up follow ups at low percents
Uthrow: alright for setting up juggle/follow up scenario's. IMO his worst throw, but its still usable
Bthrow: Kills okayish when your back is to the ledge, its also generally good for setting up a ledgeguard attempt because of low angle

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I really only use Fthrow and Bthrow. Fthrow for the percent and bthrow for getting off the ledge. If they're at lower percents you could dthrow to uair or nair, but Fthrow does 14 :3

Heartstring

Smash Legend
at very low percents. Side-B after a Dthrow just eats almost anything they do

and if i wanted to be picky mink, I would say that fthrow does 13.6% :B

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I suppose it depends on how high a percent we're talking about. "High percent" can mean anywhere between 100%-200%... maybe even 300%? Heck if I know.

Rizen

Smash Legend
This is probably because I'm learning Bowser and suck with him but I think Ganon's better than Bowser. Ganon has better reach and is slightly less of a punching bag.

14% is great damage for a throw.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I know next to nothing about Bowser, but I'm pretty sure he has better hitboxes, range, recovery (although still predictable for both Bowser and Ganon), and OoS options. I mean, sure, he's a huge bull's eye for just about any character, but Ganon isn't exactly gnome-sized either.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Bower's reach is hard to adjust to. It's good but usually because his hurt box extends so far out :( . OoS, mobility and recovery Bowser definitely wins but he gets juggled mad easy. I was never good with floaty characters and Bowser's slow fall speed makes him feel sort of floaty.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I was just about to come here and ask about Ganons throws. Glad someone was a bit faster than me.
I also like to do sideB after a Dthrow as it gets them quite often.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I suppose it depends on how high a percent we're talking about. "High percent" can mean anywhere between 100%-200%... maybe even 300%? Heck if I know.
By high percent, I mean past any percent they should be at vs. ganon...so like 150%

You all underrate uthrow so very much.

:059:
This was an opinion-based discussion though, was it not?
I dont think many of us are gonna completely agree on anything

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If they DI away from dthrow we have no follow-up whatsoever. If the DI 'away' from uthrow they're still exactly in range for uair or fair / side B.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Good point. Does Dthrow have enough knockback at 0% to be DI'd btw? And which throw does more damage? (I can't remember atm and won't bother checking).
But I can see the advantage of having the opponent in the only position Ganon is really good at, above him.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Idk about low % but the knockback is probably too low to put the opponent anywhere. The best thing you can get out of dthrow is a DA follow-up imo. Idk which throw is stronger either, they both seem to float around 10% and 11%.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
U/D-throw do 7%, B-throw does 10%, F-throw does 13%.
As for DIing Dthrow, Its all about the mindgames. you can follow up everything they do at low percents. besides this is brawl, its more about dealing with their options than it is their DI

Top Bottom