• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

rsr2

Smash Lord
Sorry, I typed a longer post above but decided to make it short and sweet. Accidentally deleted solos >_>

But Dimmu is the ****

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oli isn't as hard as Falco. Close, but not quite. If you get in against Falco you get destroyed, if you get in against Olimar you can mess him up. Given, you're unlikely to be getting in against either, but Falco's still harder. Same with Icies and MK.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Maybe so, but there seems to be more bronies here than in any of the other character boards i visit

plus....BAROQUE!!!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Thanks, Dre. And sorry I haven't gotten back to your posts on that blog. I've been procrastinating pretty badly. I'll get to 'em sometime soon though; promise. :p

And LOL. Well, if it helps dispel the mystery of my metamorphic visage, here's a video of me (the only one that kinda shows my face)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LFYiQUKfAM
So you show me a vid where most of your face is covered by your hair....

I looked at one or two of your other vids, you kinda look a bit like Chris Jerico. A little bit.

A also saw a Mortal Kombat shirt on your wall. Respect.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
MK, Olimar, Falco, ICs and Snake are -4 imo.
Mario, Luigi, Falcon and Bowser are 0 or close to it.

:059:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
MK, Olimar, Falco, ICs and Snake are -4 imo.
Mario, Luigi, Falcon and Bowser are 0 or close to it.

Olimar I can't see as -4. Yoshi, for example, we can idle and stay back better against, but in my opinion, Yoshi is more dangerous to approach and frametraps us much easier and he's only -3. Oli has killing power and walls, but one screw up means a grab instead of a potential 0-death. We can at least approach Oli somewhat.

Compare to MK, who we can't approach at all and can easily take us out at 0 and frametraps everything we do. Falco who can 0-death us if we're not extraordinarily careful and frametraps us and ICs who we can't approach at all and can reliably punish most of what we do with 0-deaths.

Oli, on the other hand, has no frame-traps, 0-deaths and is not unapproachable. Oli can only cover his frontal or aerial vulnerabilities at one time, so if you get close enough and he tries to Fsmash, DAir. He he tries USmash? Choke. He's hard, but he's just not a -4 when held to the standards of what a -4 can truly do to us. -4, to me, entails a complete shutdown of options and an extremely high risk of 0-death scenarios. Oli shuts us down from a distance, and probably better than anyone else at the game, but when in close proximity, Olimar's not a threat if you know how to deal with his grabs.

Snake, on the other hand, I can't see as -4 either. Bizkit is only Snake that I've <ever> seen play the Ganon MU correctly, and even in his stalwart tent-pitching, Snake's got nothing that pushes him into the ranks of MK and only makes it into -3. We're even or just shy of even with him on several accounts aside from his superior camping game, which isn't that big of a problem until he gets a big lead. There're too many ways to make a comeback against Snake, and too many things we can do back to him. Falco has a camping game that we can't do anything against. Snake's we can do plenty against, it's just pretty risky.

The others I can kinda agree with though. Though I think they all have +1 by a small margin, especially Falcon. People sleep on Falcon vs. Ganon when they don't realize that everything Ganon does gets punished (even if in increments) and Falcon can gimp him deceptively well, whereas our gimping game against Falcon's kinda risky. As people become more impatient, it's easier to say Ganon's better than he is, but once people learn the MU and know to stay back, his lack of approach options becomes egregious.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Verm ... did you just say Olimar isn't unapproachable?!? That's news to me 0_0
If you can show me in a vid how that's supposed to work I'll GLADLY change my mind on it but until that I'll stick to +4.

And @Snake ... idk how Bizkit plays the match-up but I know for sure that there's no Snake that abuses EVERYTHING he can do in that match-up .... offstage a bair of his is enough to fux you up. I don't see how the comeback factor comes in the play either =/
Once again, I'm open to be proven wrong. I have plans [and money] to go to the next Apex so I might get to play you guys and show in person how I think things work out [I just have to check the dates, university johns screwed me out of attending Apex '12]

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Well, in relation to Falco and Yoshi, Olimar can be approached. Not easily or safely, but with a lot less risk and a lot more payoff than the other two.

Breezy

Smash Ace
I find yoshi harder than oli. I don't give a **** about mu ratios, so I'm not saying anything about that, just personal experience.

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I personally find Marth harder than Metaknight.

We all have our own personal matchups that we subscribe to. MU ratios to me are more "oh you don't know the MU, this is generally how hard people think it is". If one of those ratios is wrong to someone, well guess what, it doesn't matter, because they don't actually change how the game is played.

Oh, I also personally find Jigglypuff to be up there with Falco and Icies, but we've been here before and I can't convince anyone of that or vice versa.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
dirt with the hivemind

Although jiggz is simples personally, when they have to be careful of EVERYTHING being able to kill at 100%, It makes pressure play a lot easier (serious, Neutral smash/jab kills at 110% on her or something XD)
I can't stand fighting fox though. I hate it

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh Fox is easy-ish if you can PS lasers. It's all about waiting for opportunities to grab him, and generally killing with FTilt..

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Oh, I'm talking in general, I think its because the best fox in the world lives in england (as does the best luigi, I will stand by this untill the scene dies) and its really gay to play against :B

Heartstring

Smash Legend
We're not going to include japan in this because it's safe to assume that the best of every character that matters lives in japan :B

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wow, you're such an idiot lmfao. Peach is still terrible with MK banned <_<

And Kie is like tied with Leon for best Peach in the world ...

Dum****

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Wow, you're such an idiot lmfao. Peach is still terrible with MK banned <_<

And Kie is like tied with Leon for best Peach in the world ...

Dum****

Gheb, knock it off.

It's one thing to come to the boards and tell everyone who mains the character that they're wrong, but making incendiary remarks like that is a guaranteed way to find yourself unwelcome.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
To be fair, Leon compete's for best peach honestly. Should be using her instead of marf as his main

but guys, have you noticed how you're not allowed to just run places anymore? I was late for a meeting today, so i ran. the police pulled over next to me and started asking questions. searching me for a possible weapon or something, and then left. meaning i was EVEN LATER!
Am i not allowed to run because I'm late?

Top Bottom