• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
Whaaaat wheres the arty match!?!??! That was probably me at my best at the gauntlet d:

Edit:
Hinagiku wrote at 12:19 AM on Jan 26, 2012 :
Arty losing wasn't recorded.

Edit: MAYBE by some stroke of luck its on my wii.... since that was the setup.... PLEASE LET IT BE THERE

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
This might sound weird, but after nappy passed, I don't think I could ever leave this community.

:phone:
Nah, man, that's not weird at all. Smash is a game, but the community means a ****load more than the game itself.

Whaaaat wheres the arty match!?!??! That was probably me at my best at the gauntlet d:

Edit:

Edit: MAYBE by some stroke of luck its on my wii.... since that was the setup.... PLEASE LET IT BE THERE
DON'T EVEN IGF_)NWON

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
GP, that link is because on Sunday night around 3-4am, we played Pokemon Stadium 2 in the hotel, and Verm kicked my ***.

I had a broken controller and i was intoxicated -.- I had no chance against the king of evil.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
GP, that link is because on Sunday night around 3-4am, we played Pokemon Stadium 2 in the hotel, and Verm kicked my ***.

I had a broken controller and i was intoxicated -.- I had no chance against the king of evil.
ahhh
**** it all why wasnt i invited? :B

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I didn't know where you had gone and i was fractically looking for a place to stay, san antonio showed mercy and i took it XD

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
WHAT?!

Oh man. We were out (not verm, my room) at a kaereoke bar all night. In downtown hell. It was awesome. We came back intoxicated, and played N64 games with verm.

Arty

Smash Lord

Edit:

Guess we'll just both have to accept that this win NEVER happened!

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Get *****, Bloody.

On a separate note, apparently Lada's ROB is on even ground with X's sonic. That makes me feel ****ing amazing about that win.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Verm 4th best Ganon? Lolwut?

Inactivity lol.

I'm getting a tournament series started here soon though, so I'll be back in the game again soon. Apex was my first tourney in like 7 months, and I got some very solid wins, so those might bump me up. I can't say for sure, but I think me and another Ganon named JaimeHR were the only ones to beat names solo Ganon at Apex, so that might give me a bump up. DLA was a mix, so he could've taken out someone all Ganon, but I dunno who.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'm a beast. Barely even need to travel to move up l0l

Krys saw you in the dress and wanted some action. DON'T LET IT GET TO YOUR HEAD, PUNK.

i need to go to more tourneys otherwise id be top 3 =|

well my money was for you to eat FOOL
I know! And I still thank you kindly for lending me that before my cash was wired to me. :ganondorf:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
son of a *****
LOOOL

Don't worry, I'll get it back to you guys somehow. I hate having to borrow money, but like I said, my check didn't clear 'til that Friday, and got delayed even further when I couldn't deposit the check directly and needed to have it wired to me.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
LOOOL

Don't worry, I'll get it back to you guys somehow. I hate having to borrow money, but like I said, my check didn't clear 'til that Friday, and got delayed even further when I couldn't deposit the check directly and needed to have it wired to me.
lol don't worry about it. just come to a MW tourney so you can meet Breezy and me, then I'll $MM you for that $10 because I just realized that we didn't play a single Ganon ditto at Apex.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Just wondering but is Sheik REALLY a -4 for Ganon?

It seems like a ratio that was made up years ago when brawl first came out under the logic that "Ganon has literally 0 options against chain".

I mean she's a borderline low tier character currently, I'm not saying she couldn't be -4 but I would just assume if she was -4, there are at least 3 other higher tiered character who could beat Ganon just as bad, if not worse.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
She's -3 IMO... needle camping is really really dumb against Ganon, her tilts destroy him (esp Ftilt), and she's very good at gimping him.

Honestly chain was never an issue for Ganon in that matchup. I've heard that Ganon can't get past it, I've seen several sheiks attempt to show me how Ganon can't get past it (and fail)... but I've never actually been shut down by the chain in a real match, nor have I seen any other Ganons have a hard time with it.

The matchup is mostly just bad because Sheik's camping and OoS options are overwhelming against Ganon.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I've been shut down completely trying to recover by the chain before. But it shuts down a bunch of characters trying to recover, so no real surprise there. Ended up taking... 160~ish % trying to recover before the chain got put away and I died to a NAir.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah, chain is an old wives' tale. It's her tilts and ability to play frisbee with us that makes it hard.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I agree it's really bad for but -4 seems a bit much and 2008ish.
Like I couldn't see her being harder than Peach, TL, Wolf, etc.
Though I don't use Ganon so I dunno.

I just don't think Sheiks a good enough character to have +4s on anyone.

She takes Fox from like 20ish to death and that's only +3.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I mean, watching Judo's videos, it actually looks like the chain can give Ganon a really hard time if the Sheik actually learns how to use it properly, but most Sheiks don't want to take the time to learn it (or don't want to mess up and eat a 26% Fsmash).

I wouldn't be surprised if the "chain on a platform" strat actually works... it's just that no one does it.

Also Sheik is a lot better than people give her credit for IMO.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's definitely only -3. Falco, MK and ICs are the only -4s we have.
Olimar tho... <_<

And I was playing M2K at Apex and he said he thinks Ganon does better against MK than Zelda does because she has no reliable options for Mach Tornado unless hes right next to her and on the ground.
I think he could be right.
I'm sure Ganon's options aren't great against it, but at least he can angle F smash up to counter it if he gets a really good read.
Then he can Wiz kick when he's above it.
Zelda doesn't really have anything bar f smash on the ground, then she has nothing in the air (lol d air), plus she's floaty so she's easier to juggle.

I think he could do better on Snake too.
I'm not sure how bad his f tilt is for you guys but Zelda doesn't have any options against that either.
Doesn't help that she dies at like 100 from U tilt either.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Olimar tho... <_<

And I was playing M2K at Apex and he said he thinks Ganon does better against MK than Zelda does because she has no reliable options for Mach Tornado unless hes right next to her and on the ground.
I think he could be right.
I'm sure Ganon's options aren't great against it, but at least he can angle F smash up to counter it if he gets a really good read.
Then he can Wiz kick when he's above it.
Zelda doesn't really have anything bar f smash on the ground, then she has nothing in the air (lol d air), plus she's floaty so she's easier to juggle.

I think he could do better on Snake too.
I'm not sure how bad his f tilt is for you guys but Zelda doesn't have any options against that either.
Doesn't help that she dies at like 100 from U tilt either.

Olimar's iffy. He's probably harder for us to got in on than anybody else, but we ****ing extirpate him if we get in.

As for MK vs. Ganon, Zelda's definitely better, I think. She has a much easier time keeping MK out. MK can't be extremely aggressive versus Zelda, but he can against Ganon thanks to frame traps.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Verm I already recommended you for DH admission even though you haven't posted there yet.

In other words I'm pressuring you to start posting there.

Also, you look different in every pic I've seen of you. I mean apart from the long hair and the fact you're massive.

I just realised you should be a pro wrestler.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Verm I already recommended you for DH admission even though you haven't posted there yet.

In other words I'm pressuring you to start posting there.

Also, you look different in every pic I've seen of you. I mean apart from the long hair and the fact you're massive.

I just realised you should be a pro wrestler.

Thanks, Dre. And sorry I haven't gotten back to your posts on that blog. I've been procrastinating pretty badly. I'll get to 'em sometime soon though; promise. :p

And LOL. Well, if it helps dispel the mystery of my metamorphic visage, here's a video of me (the only one that kinda shows my face)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LFYiQUKfAM

Top Bottom