• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
GP, you can def stay with us.
We can do our MM hahaha.

But yeah, we'll figure it out.
The howard johnsons looking cheap and i like that

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah it is a cheap hotel, i think the trade off is that the other ones is likely to have moar smashers in it
but hey, how far apart can they be?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
there goes xubble, being a baws
also i think i may have to bring my pet olimar main with me, cause the guy is fairly austistic and will be travelling with me, you understand

Xubble

Smash Ace
Falcos have to pay double, and they have to buy me (and any other Ganon in the vehicle) lunch if I go through a drivethru.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
lolllll

dem falcos.

Make warios pay extra.

Ganon has no mercy. He stomps a person into the ground (Or in this case, GR>F-Smashes them) and then takes a picture of them and tags them on FaceBook(Or in this case, makes them buy him lunch and pay extra for a carpool.)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
man you guys are awesome
what time are you all getting to apex anyhow? im getting to new jersey on the 5th and its likely ill be alone :(

Xubble

Smash Ace
I'll probably be arriving on the fifth. You can hang with me if you want. We can stomp around the city for a while. :ganondorf:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
sounds cool, i still need somewhere to stay if no-one from uk gets sorted, are you currently staying with peoples?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, theres 4 others than want to, and say they will, but i know this community, and so im preparing my trip as if none are going with me
im the only uk player that really talks on here anyways

Xubble

Smash Ace
I thought Mink said something about you being able to stay with him, GP. If not, perhaps we could split a room at that hotel he pointed out.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i dunno how early minks arriving if he is coming then a ganonic room would rock
this is all theorising that no-ones coming with me though

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I forgot to mention how I did last saturday... I got 9th place going all Ganon, which was disappointing to me.

I'd say that it was an off day for me, but I don't really think I could back that up seeing how I got 1st seed in pools. I 2-0'd Legan and YoshQ, and 2-1'd a ness main named Eagleye... however after pools I just lost bracket matches I really shouldn't have lost. I couldn't stay focused, no johns.

I beat Ook again in round 1 though so I guess that's cool. He got 4th seed in pools for some reason (which goes to show how tough our pools are).

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Well considering that I got 2nd and 3rd at the last two of these that I went to, I'm still pretty let down.

I don't think I've ever dropped a set against the player that I lost to in losers, and we've been playing in tournament since 08. Plus I lost game 3 because I SD'd at about 50% on my last stock because I apparently lost my second jump whilst sDIing out of jab. I had the lead too... so much salt.

It's whatever though because I probably would have lost to Cheese next round, seeing as I don't have a character for ICs now that MK is banned.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Hehe I actually do have an ICs and I was seriously considering dittoing him... but then I lost the match before that lol.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Yeah that'll work until they Uair you once and get a % lead lol.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I still think ICs it totally doable unless the ICs intimately knows the Ganon MU and knows how to CG him, which I think only a delightfully small fraction of ICs mains do.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Y'know, I hear of these 20-30 man tournaments... just curious, what regions are we all in and how large is the average tournament we go to? Because for me that's pretty low attendance for a local. Here in Southern Ontario it's almost always 40+, except those months when all... 3 of our main TOs are like "I'ma host a tourney" and we end up with tiny ones.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
we have had a really good year this time around actualyl, we've had what like 4 tournaments this year with 2 more before the end. whereas last year we only had 4 total

attendance is also all over the place, the first one i ever went to we had like 40 people for brawl, but we dipped down as low as 13 (my event) for brawl. melee always has a good steady amount though, around 30

Top Bottom