• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah i know, easy *** edgeguards is why iver learnt exactly how to time it perfectly. its fairl easy to see what ganons gonna want to do, but i digress. my matchup exp against ganon is bad :B im going off my own ganon, which probably isnt the greatest about either XD

and i would read it. but i jsut cant, ill do it tomorrow, its bedtime now

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
How can Ganon get around Ike's spaced Nairs? They have like next to no lag and because the frame advantage is like -9 the only thing Ganon can punish Ike with OoS is his crappy shield grab which impossible unless the Ike has completely awful spacing (if you do have that, then there is no reason to use this character). And can't Ike gimp Ganon just as welll? Just about anyone can often just gimp Ganon with a simple edge hog when Ganon gets offstage in a bad angle and with good timing Ike can walk-off Dair spike during your Up b and I've done that before LOL (just have to watch out for the Ganoncides). Yeah Dairing Jabs works great against Ikes who don't know the Ganon MU very well (who does know it). But then he probably could just have instead SH Nair/Bair/Faired you (which beats Dair).

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Smashkng, a well timed Fair that comes out right after Ike's Nair works (Ganon moving forward).

Also, PS -> Dtilt/iDA.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nair isn't punishable on block if spaced by virtually any character. However, its start-up is long enough for you to position yourself in a manner where

a.) he can't follow his pressure up with jabs or grab [dash away]
b.) you're too close for it to be safe on block [shield dash towards him then grab]
c.) you get a good timing for a power shield [walk at desired spot then shield]

:059:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
can we stop discussing how to beat me now? kthnx :B

if ikes nair is spaced correctly, ganon cant touch him. same situation with most of the cast

Xubble

Smash Ace
Eh, I just juggle my Ike main buddy out of Flame Choke until he's in his "oh **** can't recover" zone. He never uses Ike's nair. He thinks it sucks. :awesome:

Xubble

Smash Ace
He has his own unique style of Ike. It may seem nooby, but he gets away with a lot of stuff cause he can predict what I do. And he absolutely LOVES abusing SA frames on Aether and Eruption. It's pretty interesting actually.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Dash attack and wizkick are really good against an Ike spacing with aerials. IL has 2 very good Ikes (Kirk and Meneil) and I get to fight them a lot so I have massive exp in this matchup.

If Ike is trying to zone you with Fair/Nair, just be patient... keep shielding, and eventually they'll mess up their spacing a bit, which is when you punish with dash attack or wizkick. After a while you just learn when to punish, and Ike really can't do much about it because his aerials are comparatively harder to space with than a lot of the cast because they're so slow and unwieldy. Just try not to wizkick them when they're at low % because they'll get a frame advantage on you and mess you up.

The only downside is that if you mess up, you'll likely get grabbed, and Ike has a Bthrow -> dash attack combo on you so try not to get grabbed. It just takes some learning.

However if you do land a dash attack or wizkick, it means that the Ike has to land against you, which is something he doesn't really want to have to do.

Ganon's metagame is all about punishing landings.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Ikes don't like to be choked. If you get him in the air, he'll probably try to land with nair, which is pretty safe since it covers his bottom and has no landing lag (to properly punish). I think a timed uair can keep him in the air for some juggling.

I don't know though. Don't take my word for it. That's just something off the top of my head. >_>

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ganon's metagame is all about punishing landings.
This is why I tell people to use uthrow more often. Punishing landings and trapping the opponent on the ledge are the two situations where Ganondorf legitimately has an advantage over the character. Create and abuse such scenarios whenever you can.

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
this is why i tell people to use uthrow more often. Punishing landings and trapping the opponent on the ledge are the two situations where ganondorf legitimately has an advantage over the character. create and abuse such scenarios whenever you can.

oh crap someone hide this before the mk mains try to think this is legitimate evidence to not ban him because he is not the best on the ledge

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So I just created the Supreme Dirt Back Room.

People should apply by VM.

There's no requirements whatsoever, I just add people whether I feel like it or not.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
If I don't get shafted for the 666th time in a row, I might get to go to a tournament in Washington on the 5th. Sitting on the sidelines has given me this demon of an itch to get back into things. Now that I'm in a region that isn't almost 100% Falco/MK, I expect to come out with skull broaches adorning my cloak and souls writhing in my belly. :ganondorf:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Verm, DLA, (and other Ganons who goes to a lot of Offline Tourneys and ****) how do ppl at tourneys react when you arrive at the places that holds it?
I mean beeing a respected badass Ganon, ppl must be like "Woah, there's that Ganon Main", right?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I find it particularly irritating how nobody at these tournaments cares about winning enough to just use Falco, a character that requires 0 amount of skill to realistically beat Ganon. While I don't mean disrespect I can't help but think that there must be an exceeding amount of scrub-attitude at a tourney like the one that Fonz won with Ganondorf for nobody just used a character Ganon has no tools to win against =/

Xubble

Smash Ace
I'd rather be having fun and play against a terrifyingly good Ganondorf with D3 or one of my secondaries (none of whom are Falco) than **** them with a character that didn't require any skill in the MU. That's not fun for either party. Sure, if you main Falco or something, go for it. But I'm more focused on the challenge than the actual win.

On a different note, I have the reputation in my local area of being the best Ganon. It's basically tradition during a FFA (and lately 1v1's) for my final opponent, on their last stock, to suicide and give me the win, regardless of my stocks and %.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
On a different note, I have the reputation in my local area of being the best Ganon. It's basically tradition during a FFA (and lately 1v1's) for my final opponent, on their last stock, to suicide and give me the win, regardless of my stocks and %.
local area being corning? you should try and make it up to AXS, because im pretty sure for the rest of CNY im considered "the ganon", though it could definitely use some work. id love to mirror you at a tournament :)

Xubble

Smash Ace
That'd be great, and I would go if I could, but I have to do a college singing thing at some church. But we'll have our Ganon ditto someday, I assure you. :ganondorf:

Xubble

Smash Ace
If I can make it to Apex. Which I probably can if I save up till Christmas. We'll have to do some doubles together as well. :D

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I find it particularly irritating how nobody at these tournaments cares about winning enough to just use Falco, a character that requires 0 amount of skill to realistically beat Ganon. While I don't mean disrespect I can't help but think that there must be an exceeding amount of scrub-attitude at a tourney like the one that Fonz won with Ganondorf for nobody just used a character Ganon has no tools to win against =/

While I disagree with the notion of it being a scrub attitude, I agree with the rest. This is why I was conservative with my praise in spite of recent admirable tourney performance--MK was banned, and easy(er) MUs were plentiful. Hopefully now that it's been uttered from an outsider's perspective, it won't seem as though I'm just trying to undermine Fonz's wins rather than being objective in the scope of the nature of the accomplishment.

Before the MK ban, Ganon doing well was unheard of. With him banned, Ganon still has obstacles like Falco, D3 and ICs, but for the most part, they aren't present in many MW tourneys, which makes formerly impossible results possible. The Ganon rep is amazing, but it's not guaranteed that tourneys will consistently have such rarely favorable brackets.

Verm, DLA, (and other Ganons who goes to a lot of Offline Tourneys and ****) how do ppl at tourneys react when you arrive at the places that holds it?
I mean beeing a respected badass Ganon, ppl must be like "Woah, there's that Ganon Main", right?
It's amazing. I'm instantly received with deafening uproars of praise. I typically play my matches on a throne of human slaves, and as I exit the venue, I feel a profound, incurable melancholy swathe the land, as if the wind beckons my name longingly.

Ganon is a lifestyle.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
If I don't get shafted for the 666th time in a row, I might get to go to a tournament in Washington on the 5th. Sitting on the sidelines has given me this demon of an itch to get back into things. Now that I'm in a region that isn't almost 100% Falco/MK, I expect to come out with skull broaches adorning my cloak and souls writhing in my belly. :ganondorf:
that is a rather impressive amount of shaftings
is this the tournament you made a pleademand about on AIB?

If I can make it to Apex. Which I probably can if I save up till Christmas. We'll have to do some doubles together as well. :D
waitwaitwait...doesnt this make 3 GANON TEAMS?
me+dirt
verm+DLA
Xubble+Metalpat

dear lord, this is going to be amazing, soon and were going to have our own ganon side event
actually we need a double elm bracket of ganon only during the ganonic evening
also, what lucky man is going to have the ganons in their room?

While I disagree with the notion of it being a scrub attitude, I agree with the rest. This is why I was conservative with my praise in spite of recent admirable tourney performance--MK was banned, and easy(er) MUs were plentiful. Hopefully now that it's been uttered from an outsider's perspective, it won't seem as though I'm just trying to undermine Fonz's wins rather than being objective in the scope of the nature of the accomplishment.

Before the MK ban, Ganon doing well was unheard of. With him banned, Ganon still has obstacles like Falco, D3 and ICs, but for the most part, they aren't present in many MW tourneys, which makes formerly impossible results possible. The Ganon rep is amazing, but it's not guaranteed that tourneys will consistently have such rarely favorable brackets.

It's amazing. I'm instantly received with deafening uproars of praise. I typically play my matches on a throne of human slaves, and as I exit the venue, I feel a profound, incurable melancholy swathe the land, as if the wind beckons my name longingly.

Ganon is a lifestyle.
lol, i was like 'whos this fonz guy?' originally, then i saw the events occuring, it was pretty sweet, you did seem to be salty at the time though XD

and as for me, im less so 'the guy who uses ganon and wins occasionally' and moreso 'the human database'
imokwiththis.jpg

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yep. GameClucks.

lol, i was like 'whos this fonz guy?' originally, then i saw the events occuring, it was pretty sweet, you did seem to be salty at the time though XD

and as for me, im less so 'the guy who uses ganon and wins occasionally' and moreso 'the human database'
imokwiththis.jpg
I knew it would come off as salt, but I'm just as critical of my own wins, aside from one or two. I think if anyone does that well, they deserve the utmost praise, but I maintain skepticism until repeat performances is all. I guess you could also say it was disbelief, as having to deal with nothing but Falco and MK all the time, when I saw the bracket, my jaw dropped a little. The best way to describe my thoughts at the time were

"Oh, come the **** on"

lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, what was the bracket he had?
also falco needs to jump off a bridge and not recover. he is one of the most annoying things to exist for someone who uses who i do XD
but i wouldnt call him devoid of skill. its always a task to land a kill with him

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I have a pocket Falco for Falco.

And by pocket I mean solid secondary.

No Falco wants to play the ditto for the most part, so it forces people generally to either a pocket char or a secondary.

Also I've been working really hard on the ditto, so if they do try to Falco my Falco, odds are I have more experience in the MU.

Aw yeah.

Also most Falcos are pretty bad so yeah.

I hear Falcos like Falco.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
well, what was the bracket he had?
also falco needs to jump off a bridge and not recover. he is one of the most annoying things to exist for someone who uses who i do XD
but i wouldnt call him devoid of skill. its always a task to land a kill with him
As far as people of consequence/good players, his bracket was Diddy, Kirby and Wario (I think). Being that they were all very solid players, it's unquestionable that Fonz did an awesome job, but to say it was an unprecedented feat was where I took issue.

As for Falco, I respect Falco players a good bit. It does take a good amount of skill to get kills with him.

MetalPat

Smash Ace

waitwaitwait...doesnt this make 3 GANON TEAMS?
me+dirt
verm+DLA
Xubble+Metalpat
oh well for the actual tournament im teaming with tommygreenshirt. but id love to go around with xubble and do some ganon teams for some money :p

am i maybe sensing TWO ganon challenges here?

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I wish I could be there to see that.

Top Bottom