• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf: Patch 1.1.3 Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
It seems more horizontal, which is good because it´ll force low recoveries out of people

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
Probably not best to change the speculation thread to confirmed changes thread lol

EDIT: really confusing

Last edited:

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Here's hoping they enlarged the second hitbox for NAir, given the first hit is a little less safe on shield now.

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
I already posted my wants in the QOL buff thread, and I'm happy to see that Dark Dive got a knockback buff. What I'm really interested in are any changes to frame data, such as the jab. I'm not expecting Melee jab, though that was so much fun to use.

Darkshadovv

Smash Cadet
Dark Dive buff seems quite lackluster. It's just an increase from 11% to 13.8%, while Falcon Dive does 17% in total. Still something, I guess.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Dark Dive buff seems quite lackluster. It's just an increase from 11% to 13.8%, while Falcon Dive does 17% in total. Still something, I guess.
There's also a slight knockback increase which may actually help out more than it seems. Many times characters would be able to follow up and attack after getting hit by dark dive, this may create that small difference.

Last edited:

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
So Down Smash went from angle_130_32608_lg.gif To imgres.png . I see combo potential? maybe at low percents. Combo into maybe Fair, pivot Bair, and Uair? Up B? idk just throwing ideas out

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
I hope d smash still hits opponents behind ganondorf

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Same, he already has FSmash for a powerful attack that launches in front of him.

I really enjoyed catching tech rolls in for kills at like 60%

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
what's good about this is at the ledge, dsmash will kill towards the closer side if you are facing the ledge. still covers rolls and roll getups, which are common ways of getting away from the ledge. if it doesn't kill it will put them back off stage, giving you another chance for edgeguarding

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
There are no changes to startup time. While SOMEONE probably got SOME endlag or landing lag changes we have yet to find, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'm most interested in seeing how this new nair works.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
There are no changes to startup time. While SOMEONE probably got SOME endlag or landing lag changes we have yet to find, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'm most interested in seeing how this new nair works.
I am more interested in choke, do you know if the choke change means anything important?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I am more interested in choke, do you know if the choke change means anything important?
I don't have much documentation for the parameters of command grabs. All I know is that parameter 6 was increased a bit on his side-b command grab instructions... it could be a positional offset or some sort of size, but I can't say for sure.

verbatim

Smash Ace
There's also a slight knockback increase which may actually help out more than it seems. Many times characters would be able to follow up and attack after getting hit by dark dive, this may create that small difference.
It should be worth noting that increasing damage increases knockback by default, so that's ON TOP of the knockback buff. It probably won't kill unless you go for a stupid air dodge read at the top but it creates space and that extra distance is that much further away from the stage you can stage spike from.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I don't have much documentation for the parameters of command grabs. All I know is that parameter 6 was increased a bit on his side-b command grab instructions... it could be a positional offset or some sort of size, but I can't say for sure.
I think we need to see it in action. Not sure if the wording means that Choke now has a special property to beat out any attack or if the grab range(purple glow) got bigger?

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
The only changes that could possibly have any meaningful effect from what we've seen so far are the Nair or SideB changes.

I'm not holding my breath.

LSXAndrew

Smash Rookie
NNID
LSXAndrew
Anyone have any clarity yet on the "Facing restriction set to 4" on DSmash?

And also the "Hitbox moved up 2 units" on DAir? How far is 2 units?

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Anyone have any clarity yet on the "Facing restriction set to 4" on DSmash?

And also the "Hitbox moved up 2 units" on DAir? How far is 2 units?
It might make Ganon turn around so the 50 angle is behind where you start. This´ll make the angle similar to before but it changes the facing angle for better defensive options if you hit a shield

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Also yo does this mean dmash into flame choke is a true combo?
Just a heads up, try not to double post. Just hit the edit button. :colorful:

I don't think the changes are very meaningful, but they still present some circumstantial utility, I think. I agree with Salty in that which I think the ambiguous NAir and choke changes present any real significant hope. But I think the others are worth noting, too. DSmash, for one, sending forward makes it a really dangerous option for choke follow-ups near the ledge.

Last edited:

Didier337

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-5843-4940
Ganon's Air game sounding nice. If anything is guaranteed to aerial flame choke, stocks will fall faster than when the great depression.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I agree with Taco in that which I think the ambiguous NAir and choke changes present any real significant hope. But I think the others are worth noting, too. DSmash, for one, sending forward makes it a really dangerous option for choke follow-ups near the ledge.
...Taco?

Also, I'd be more excited about Dsmash changes if it weren't...y'know, Dsmash.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
...Taco?

Also, I'd be more excited about Dsmash changes if it weren't...y'know, Dsmash.
Oops. Fixed. ;)

And yeah, same. Though, all of this nebulous info has me excited yet.

Edit:

This was just brought to my attention. DAir moving up two units -- enough to make it AC?

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Nair is completely different, not sure if it's better, it feels a bit worse actually.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
OK the first hit of Nair is MUCH worse, it doesn't combo break at all & it barely does any knockback, i am really upset about this.

D

Deleted member 269706

Did short hop Uair always autocancel? Im newer to Gdorf in comp play but I don't remember this being a thing

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I think NAir's amazing now.

Why?

We got one of the few things we lost from Brawl: we can double NAIR.

NAir ends before you hit the ground, so you can DJ NAir. This is unbelievable for our aerial approachs <and> combo potential.

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
DARK DIVE CAN KILL AT AROUND 140% NOW (WITHOUT RAGE)!

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
The first weak hit of NAir might be a blessing. At higher percents, at can confirm into FTilt/DTilt since it won't send them high enough to escape a follow-up. Kind of a pain in the ass for lower percents, but it can kill confirm.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
With the buff to dark Dive, I think it has the potential to be a decent edgeguarding option as well as an okay followup from D-Tilt. It might be useful against characters sheidling on a platform as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom