• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf: Patch 1.1.3 Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokole1985

Smash Rookie
Ganon's Side B seems to have less hitstun when he drops His opponent. I was able to use a quick UpSmash right after dropping them. Now I can't and I'm super fraggin mad about it. It was a quick way to rack damage.

Jerbear9

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jerbs9
Ganon's Side B seems to have less hitstun when he drops His opponent. I was able to use a quick UpSmash right after dropping them. Now I can't and I'm super fraggin mad about it. It was a quick way to rack damage.
dorf's side b was never able to chain into up smash. not sure how you ever got it to work.

mokole1985

Smash Rookie
I did it often before. You had to be super quick and precise. It was something nobody did cause you'd never think you'd have time for it.

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
I did it often before. You had to be super quick and precise. It was something nobody did cause you'd never think you'd have time for it.
That's because training modes combo counter doesn't really read the "hitstun" of Flame Choke right. It only ends the hitstun after they return to a full standing position. Low-Mid level CPUs don't chose a getup immediately out of Flame Choke, meaning they can make it seem like it combos more than it actually does.

Against a buffered getup, the highest frame advantage we have is 16 against Olimar, the lowest is 8 against, well, Ganon himself. If they don't immediately buffer a getup U-smash might hit, but you need to straight up guess in that case.

mokole1985

Smash Rookie
It was players as well as cpu's. I've been hit by opponents aerials after dropping them. Never had that before either.

jordimarcel

Smash Rookie
NNID
jordimarcel
I haven't been able to notice a difference in Down smash. Anyone care to explain or link a clip?

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
I haven't been able to notice a difference in Down smash. Anyone care to explain or link a clip?
I posted this earlier:
So what they did with Dsmash causes the second hit to provide proper shield pushback. Previously, because of the 130 angle the second hit would actually pull shielding enemies in causing characters to get easier punishes if it hit their shield. This change makes blockers slide away from the kick, so it´s much safer on shield now.

jordimarcel

Smash Rookie
NNID
jordimarcel
I posted this earlier:
Thank you! What about on unshielded enemies? I've not noticed any change in trajectory, maybe only in the first hit not connecting as well to the second, but that might be just because i'm noticing misspaced wiffs.

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
The second kick used to turn opponents the other way when it sent them flying. Now they face Dorf as they fly.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Ah right, forgot to mention something, we've got a local ryu main here that Fishes for kills pretty hard at high percents and does running shoryuken frequently. So I used to mess with him and armor through shoryu using warlock punch's armor (pre-patch), but it was useless since he always crosses up so it was kinda useless to do. But now reverse warlock punch has armor and ryu cant do anything at all after a shoryu, actually landed a couple and the punish is pretty dumb.

So yeah just keeping this out here, as impractical and dumb it is, I just find it funny to do.

MegaBlaster1234

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Srib64
Looking at the changes made in 1.1.3, maybe next patch we can see a horizontal air speed increase like the one Lucario got?
I still don't understand why Ganon went from 9th slowest to 3rd slowest in the transition from Brawl.

Darkshadovv

Smash Cadet
Looking at the changes made in 1.1.3, maybe next patch we can see a horizontal air speed increase like the one Lucario got?
I still don't understand why Ganon went from 9th slowest to 3rd slowest in the transition from Brawl.
He went from 3rd to 9th and then back to 3rd. It made no sense to nerf his air speed back to crap when 9th slowest helped slightly and the fact they removed grab armor.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I would really like to see Ganon's initial Walking Speed buffed.
Compare it to, let's say Ryu, and yeah, it's pretty bad.

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
please make his F-air auto cancel and reduce the start up on his moves! Also, remove the super armor on warlock punch and put it on his choke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom