• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf is STILL the best character ever (Wii-U Online Tournament: Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'll be ready to play in like an hour or so. Should we set it up to play at 1 PM Pacific time? Also, in the interest of making things simpler, would you agree to playing the whole set on BF/SV/Omega Gnar Plains? If you agree, I'll just go with your choice of those 3 for the set. Lmk if you prefer customs on/off too.

I see you live in England. If you wanna reschedule to an earlier time in the day for you, I can play you at like 4 PM (your time) tomorrow.
Err, I don't get to check swf often, courtesy of work and stuff. Want to just add me on skype or something and we can work from there?
I'm doing a full shift tomorrow so I'm not free at all until late evening my time

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Err, I don't get to check swf often, courtesy of work and stuff. Want to just add me on skype or something and we can work from there?
I'm doing a full shift tomorrow so I'm not free at all until late evening my time
We can play now if you're ready. If not, I'll send you a pm and exchange info. I am free all day Monday as well.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Ok then, I should be free most times between the 22-24th. I'll check in tomorrow to see if that works for you, you can pick the time.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
We can play now if you're ready. If not, I'll send you a pm and exchange info. I am free all day Monday as well.
Well I was supposed to be working today, but turns out my shifts got changed. PM me on here when you're free, and we'll play!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ok then, I should be free most times between the 22-24th. I'll check in tomorrow to see if that works for you, you can pick the time.
Okay, on those days, I think I'll be online starting 10 PM PST. I will have a room open.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
GG's @ Heartstring Heartstring !. Lol you wrecked me with the chain chokes, but I managed to get a few lucky reads to win both times. 140% Rage Bair is no joke.

Big O 2 wins
G~P 0 wins

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I won't have wired Internet connection until Dec-30. If this is not reasonable for participation, I'll gladly bow out.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I won't have wired Internet connection until Dec-30. If this is not reasonable for participation, I'll gladly bow out.
Actually just communicating that is reasonable. Remember, we're not on a super strict schedule. I'm primarily against forcibly advancing the bracket unless it seems I lack other options.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Are you on? I am on my WiiU as we speak. we can do CPs with nametags if needed.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
GGs man :]

was over too quickly! I ducked out because I ran out of replay space and didn't get a chance to save that last falco fight which I would have liked to have had haha. Anyway I'm glad we ended up finding the time and patched things up. Hope to get more games in with you down the road, and best of luck to you continuing in the tournament :D

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
GGs man :]

was over too quickly! I ducked out because I ran out of replay space and didn't get a chance to save that last falco fight which I would have liked to have had haha. Anyway I'm glad we ended up finding the time and patched things up.
Yeah, good games. Looking back at your gameplay, I think the main thing you should work on is your recovery. Part of the game is knowing what ways your opponent can edgeguard you, and really saving both your double jump and airdodge for that one key moment that will let you survive. In friendlies, I basically did the same type of edgeguard over and over again with different characters. Granted, I know the matchup pretty well, but I do think it's an area you could have a lot more success in.

You have some pretty respectably gutsy spacing that had me worried some moments. I primarily thrive in the ditto matchup by gimping. =P

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Yeah, good games. Looking back at your gameplay, I think the main thing you should work on is your recovery. Part of the game is knowing what ways your opponent can edgeguard you, and really saving both your double jump and airdodge for that one key moment that will let you survive.

You have some pretty respectably gutsy spacing that had me worried some moments. I primarily thrive in the ditto matchup by gimping.
yeah dude I was not at all ready for your gimp ability. I don't ditto enough, so I wasn't expecting such nastiness down there and away. This was all for the good, I'll try to patch up that area now. I was still pleased with the way I handled the other cast you threw at me. I had to save those marth rounds XD that one finish was epic

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
One question: do we move on to the next battle once we finish? Like, the tournament second round didn't start yet, but I'm up against @ DLA DLA next round. I'm just a bit eager to get bopped, I guess.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
One question: do we move on to the next battle once we finish? Like, the tournament second round didn't start yet, but I'm up against @ DLA DLA next round. I'm just a bit eager to get bopped, I guess.
I don't recall saying anything was time sensitive. If by chance you and DLA find a moment where it's convenient to get in your games, by all means go for it. I'll update any valid completed sets that get reported.

In the meantime, I will start trying to find a way to creatively arrange loser placement matches to give the option of getting in a second round in with other participants.

Last edited:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
It'll be hard for me to get any matches done in the next two weeks, since I'll be on vacation in Colorado until the 4th. After that, we'll try to get something going.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
It'll be hard for me to get any matches done in the next two weeks, since I'll be on vacation in Colorado until the 4th. After that, we'll try to get something going.
I'm leaving for LA around the 11th. I highly doubt I'll be bringing my Wii U, so I might actually have to crash at A2z's place to play lol

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm leaving for LA around the 11th. I highly doubt I'll be bringing my Wii U, so I might actually have to crash at A2z's place to play lol
Disregarding that happens to be awfully close to the start of my next semester, and that there is practically nothing else to do in Rancho Palos Verdes...I would be amused to meet you in person.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Disregarding that happens to be awfully close to the start of my next semester, and that there is practically nothing else to do in Rancho Palos Verdes...I would be amused to meet you in person.
How far are you from Hollywood? We'll meet some stars... and then show them what true evil is all about.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
How far are you from Hollywood? We'll meet some stars... and then show them what true evil is all about.
Assuming no traffic, that's about 50 minutes to the North. If you're asking ME to go there, if that happens to work in my schedule, I'd probably bring up my Wii-U if it comes down to that.

I guess since I don't actually tour Hollywood that much anyway, it would be an interesting trip for me.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I would like to join Replacements. But my WiiU isn't working and I know that there probably won't be a need for me.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I would like to join Replacements. But my WiiU isn't working and I know that there probably won't be a need for me.
Well, if your WiiU works again, let me know. There's actually a fairly strong chance I could use replacements...after I check this thread and scout for activity from certain participants.

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Well, if your WiiU works again, let me know. There's actually a fairly strong chance I could use replacements...after I check this thread and scout for activity from certain participants.
It should be up and running around the 1st or 2nd of January.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Although I'm really not big into holidays in general, I did have a pleasant evening. I hope you all enjoy your holidays whatever your beliefs etc.

And may the best Ganon do us all proud and crush many souls in this tournament. I may be out early, but this only set fuel to my fire >:D I can't wait to keep improving on the dark lord.

Last edited:

Hi-Hatz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vrillyhoo
You can put me on a list of replacements as not eager but highly ready and willing. On one hand, worst competitive scenario ever, but on the other, it's probably the sickest bracket that will ever exist. The darkness draws me in.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Just gonna throw another reminder to everyone:

1. @ Sykkamorre Sykkamorre
2. @ Lozjam Lozjam
3. @ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm
4. @Vermanubis
5. @GanonFist
6. @Electric Tuba @jahkzheng
7. @RCyclone
8. @Z1GMA
9. @ DLA DLA
10. @alex6309
11. @ Hydde Hydde
12. @Ceadda
13. @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG
14. @ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd
15. @Zathura
16. @ Opana Opana
17. @Swoops
18. @ Thinkaman Thinkaman
19. @ Xinc Xinc
20. @Krazy4Krash
21. @Bittersweet
22. @Poxnixles
23. @TheBearsnake
24. @DeanFryGaming @ Heartstring Heartstring
25. @ Wiley Wiley
26. @Lufos
27. @Merkabo
28: @Turokman5896
39. @ Big O Big O
30. @adom4
31. @KenMeister
32. @Gungnir
33. @epicender584
34. @Minordeth
35. @ HeavyLobster HeavyLobster
36. @Garioshi
37.@-VictoriaJustice-
38. @Pon
39. @Potechi
40. @Shogger

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Just gonna throw another reminder to everyone:

1. @ Sykkamorre Sykkamorre
2. @ Lozjam Lozjam
3. @ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm
4. @Vermanubis
5. @GanonFist
6. @Electric Tuba @jahkzheng
7. @RCyclone
8. @Z1GMA
9. @ DLA DLA
10. @alex6309
11. @ Hydde Hydde
12. @Ceadda
13. @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG
14. @ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd
15. @Zathura
16. @ Opana Opana
17. @Swoops
18. @ Thinkaman Thinkaman
19. @ Xinc Xinc
20. @Krazy4Krash
21. @Bittersweet
22. @Poxnixles
23. @TheBearsnake
24. @DeanFryGaming @ Heartstring Heartstring
25. @ Wiley Wiley
26. @Lufos
27. @Merkabo
28: @Turokman5896
39. @ Big O Big O
30. @adom4
31. @KenMeister
32. @Gungnir
33. @epicender584
34. @Minordeth
35. @ HeavyLobster HeavyLobster
36. @Garioshi
37.@-VictoriaJustice-
38. @Pon
39. @Potechi
40. @Shogger
Due to the concussion I had, I was removed from the tournament. While I am feeling better, my skills involving Smash have gotten terrible and I need to bring those skills back up.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Sorry to hear at :pz.

Still trying to find a time, our time zones are very far apart.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Please, remember you're in a thread of Ganon users who can make you miserable. I applaud you for your audacity, but you shouldn't go inside someone's house and insult them.

Got it.
Sorry for trying to educate you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom