• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf is STILL the best character ever (Wii-U Online Tournament: Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
what time is right now in you zone?.

And yeh lets set a date....

what about saturday? (It could be around 9-10 pm for you) or sunday (around 7-8 pm for you)?.

Thats when i can...as most of the time im at work.

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
what time is right now in you zone?.

And yeh lets set a date....

what about saturday? (It could be around 9-10 pm for you) or sunday (around 7-8 pm for you)?.

Thats when i can...as most of the time im at work.
Saturday 10 PM for me sounds good, it's about 10 PM here now.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Ok lets set that date.
If somethings goes on IRL for me on saturday, ill let you know and then we set it for 7PM onwards on sunday.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Yeah sorry, I got super distracted and forgot to communicate more. I'm terrible.
Super distracted playing the game? you were in for glory. You added me it said "9 minutes ago last online" I skipped going out to dinner with people and sat around 2 hours checking back, yes, you are terrible. Not to mention private messaging was done by you and myself, and you're the TO to begin with. I forfeit, i'm not available the 19th, but since it only seems to matter when you're available, oh well. GL, but I'm not going to be played a fool in the real world buddy. I don't take it too personally ;] happy to pal around still, but meh to your excuse. I don't buy it, and this is my stubborn stance.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Looking to get my match against epicender done today. Just an FYI. Will update on the results shortly hopefully. Just waiting for him to log back in here and see my messages.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Super distracted playing the game? you were in for glory. You added me it said "9 minutes ago last online" I skipped going out to dinner with people and sat around 2 hours checking back, yes, you are terrible. Not to mention private messaging was done by you and myself, and you're the TO to begin with. I forfeit, i'm not available the 19th, but since it only seems to matter when you're available, oh well. GL, but I'm not going to be played a fool in the real world buddy. I don't take it too personally ;] happy to pal around still, but meh to your excuse. I don't buy it, and this is my stubborn stance.
Nothing warrants a response like this.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Unless people are willing to vs. me on the 3DS, I might have to sit out. My plans to save money have once again been cosmically foiled.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You should have told me beforehand if you had prior commitments with friends. This tournament should NOT be a priority over anything else you have to do, and I never intended it that way. I mean, let's be real. It's an ONLINE TOURNAMENT with people from different parts of the world.

Look, I know I was sloppy about communicating about my availability, and that yes, I ended up playing a bunch of For Glory while I was waiting. I'm not saying I'm right about that. And I said that I was specifically not available the 17th or 18th due to real life commitments, and that starting the 19th I would have better availability. We can do our matches another day when it works for you, and I apologize if you are upset.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
My response was fine Ray. As for you A2, only you and I know the level of care you gave me after communicating throughout the day. And then trying the "i was distracted line" while playing the game itself. If this is the level of care you put into your tournament, then I don't really care to be in it anymore. That's all this is. It was rude, you're ok with me being the one seen as the asshole because I'm not the type to get walked over. Had I said nothing you would have been fine I'm sure. Take your win and continue "running" your tournament.

If no one stands up to neglectful and passively rude actions like yours, then people like you get away with them and will think they can treat someone behind a screen like they're not human and just pretending it doesn't exist for a night is no problem because you can just throw in a few I'm sorry's etc. and it will have very little repercussions to you. But I am a human, and I have feelings, cares, worries, happiness etc. I'm not just a picture, a name, and some words to go along with it.

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Not one to interfere in other people's arguments, but surely this could've been sorted via pm?
I don't know about others but I sure as hell don't care to see people arguing on the Ganon boards.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Not one to interfere in other people's arguments, but surely this could've been sorted via pm?
I don't know about others but I sure as hell don't care to see people arguing on the Ganon boards.
The issue is the level of communication. PM had no requirement for response from the person I have an issue with, as he has proven to me. This is a platform where just a little more light is shed on the situation. Sorry to bring the reality that not everyone on these boards is as "for the other" as you might hope. He's the TO, and I don't feel at all guilty about calling him out in the open.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It's not like I have a problem with being called out, because I do try to be fair. I'm someone who can be really disorganized, and it's not because I don't care about things that I'm responsible for. It is precisely because I care about it and want it to be fun for everyone that I also wanted to communicate very clearly before we started this tournament that it should not take priority over other life commitments, because logically, I know it's difficult to coordinate individual schedules.

I know you're upset, rightfully so, because I handled some things sloppily and it ended up interfering with things on your end. I took things to PM more because of idiosyncratic clutter and notification reasons, not because I intended for anything to be hidden. I really want you to understand that by nature, some of my biggest personal problems that I've had trouble with in all my life are being easily distracted and disorganized about my own schedule, and I do feel bad that I ended up dropping the ball on you.

That being said, I want you to participate when it works for both of us (I don't think I have nearly as weird commitments any time today or other days this month, meaning most times that are not around 9am-4pm when I'm more likely to be running errands or participating in a local orchestra, I could feasibly schedule a time to play, but of course, I don't know as much about your life schedule). I wanted to run and be a part of this tournament because everyone in this community is an interesting, unique person to me.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Come on now, fellas. Let's do this in PMs, please. Unless you two plan on attempting to murder each other in spectacularly Ganonic idiom for all to see coliseum-style, then I think this is indeed best to square away privately.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Come on now, fellas. Let's do this in PMs, please. Unless you two plan on attempting to murder each other in spectacularly Ganonic idiom for all to see coliseum-style, then I think this is indeed best to square away privately.
Some things about how the tournament is being run I did need to communicate on this thread. I understand why you would be concerned about the direction of this conversation though.

In a perfect world for me, I would actually want everyone to coordinate matches by PM because it means less clutter (even though the conversations themselves are interesting, the neuro-atypical person that I am simply gets bothered by the distraction of this thread sending me multiple notifications while it's on my Watch list).

I'm personally not angry about having this conversation in the open because we are a community with shared interests, and I believe it is an admirable goal for us to find ways to get to know each other better. As the person responsible for starting and managing this tournament, I want to be fair to everyone and be open about when I make mistakes.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
jahkzeng, it wont let me post on my account. Glitch. Ok to your comment. Sorry I didnt notice yesteday.
Oh.. just now saw this by chance. If you use the "@" and spell my name as it's written I will be notified. Like this... @ epicender584 epicender584 .

We can communicate here if that's more convenient. Will be a bit slower but we'll both just have to keep an eye on the place.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
It's not like I have a problem with being called out, because I do try to be fair. I'm someone who can be really disorganized, and it's not because I don't care about things that I'm responsible for. It is precisely because I care about it and want it to be fun for everyone that I also wanted to communicate very clearly before we started this tournament that it should not take priority over other life commitments, because logically, I know it's difficult to coordinate individual schedules.

I know you're upset, rightfully so, because I handled some things sloppily and it ended up interfering with things on your end. I took things to PM more because of idiosyncratic clutter and notification reasons, not because I intended for anything to be hidden. I really want you to understand that by nature, some of my biggest personal problems that I've had trouble with in all my life are being easily distracted and disorganized about my own schedule, and I do feel bad that I ended up dropping the ball on you.

That being said, I want you to participate when it works for both of us (I don't think I have nearly as weird commitments any time today or other days this month, meaning most times that are not around 9am-4pm when I'm more likely to be running errands or participating in a local orchestra, I could feasibly schedule a time to play, but of course, I don't know as much about your life schedule). I wanted to run and be a part of this tournament because everyone in this community is an interesting, unique person to me.
Very impressed with this response. I feel that's sincere, and I also struggle with that same issue, believe me. So in a sense I was calling you and myself out when I did, and that's why it was probably more annoying to me on the receiving end. Anyway, I'll gladly take you up on the offer to find a time slot that works for us both if that's ok with you. I can be flexible, I just need communication lol.

Thank you for understanding, and expressing very well.
:D

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@Thinkaman Unless someone very quickly comes to this thread (like within 1 and a half days) to announce they would like to replace @Lozjam , you will be playing against @Zathura.

I haven't forgotten that I would want to arrange loser placement matches to try to allow everyone to play at least two different people who have attended this tournament. It's not super high priority, but it's still on my list to do while managing this.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Oh.. just now saw this by chance. If you use the "@" and spell my name as it's written I will be notified. Like this... @ epicender584 epicender584 .

We can communicate here if that's more convenient. Will be a bit slower but we'll both just have to keep an eye on the place.
Hmmm... the window on my availability is once again closing and I don't know when I have another chance to play. No sign of epicender in this time frame I said I'd be free.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Well I'm off to house sit for 2 weeks for a friend and watch her dogs, but I'm going to bring my wii u and hopefully her Wifi is decent enough to her TV that I can play. I will let you know.

The day just got a lot better though, just received a random package in the mail with a gamecube controller adapter in it my brother secretly overnighted to me for the holidays. :chuckle:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Alright, I'll be going in vs. Potechi this monday evening! Wish me luck boys!

PS @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG I'll need you to contact Potechi about this. Just to make clearance.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
@ Sykkamorre Sykkamorre Gungnir's NNID is Ganon_Gungnir. You should add him with a message about the tournament, if you haven't already begun speaking with him.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Well the internet here seems viable. I can be free to get games in anytime before the 25th really or starting back again on the 26th, so you let me know.

side note: Once you get used to the gamepad it's actually a pretty solid controller for smash... I'm not finding jumping back to my gc to be game changing for dorf, but it certainly feels like home. For characters with long range recoveries or projectiles that need specific angles though, (zelda, fox, rosa, etc) the left stick is just way better again back on the GC. Ganon is perfectly gamepadable though I feel.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Alright, I'll be going in vs. Potechi this monday evening! Wish me luck boys!

PS @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG I'll need you to contact Potechi about this. Just to make clearance.
Did you message him on twitter? He's mentioned to me that most days he is available after 7pm Japan time (or 19:00). There's a 14 hour difference between your time and his, meaning you would be reaching him around 9am his time (on Tuesday) if you're playing 7pm EST on Monday. And for reference, 7pm his time would be 5am EST.

I'm a bit hesitant to say anything yet because I'm honestly a bit confused. I might have potentially misstated something.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well the internet here seems viable. I can be free to get games in anytime before the 25th really or starting back again on the 26th, so you let me know.

side note: Once you get used to the gamepad it's actually a pretty solid controller for smash... I'm not finding jumping back to my gc to be game changing for dorf, but it certainly feels like home. For characters with long range recoveries or projectiles that need specific angles though, (zelda, fox, rosa, etc) the left stick is just way better again back on the GC. Ganon is perfectly gamepadable though I feel.
Okay sounds good. Observing the way I operate, it is easiest to catch me either before or after dinner (which basically means not between 6-7pm PST), or really late at night/early morning.

I don't have a consistent sleep schedule, but if I know I need to be available a very specific time (doesn't matter much when), I usually will make a point of being available.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Rightio, looks like gungnir and i'll be fighting in roughly half an hour.

My butthole is going to be left bleeding from his violation of me.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Did you message him on twitter? He's mentioned to me that most days he is available after 7pm Japan time (or 19:00). There's a 14 hour difference between your time and his, meaning you would be reaching him around 9am his time (on Tuesday) if you're playing 7pm EST on Monday. And for reference, 7pm his time would be 5am EST.

I'm a bit hesitant to say anything yet because I'm honestly a bit confused. I might have potentially misstated something.
Hmm, just tell him I'm available on monday at 7 PM in his timezone, and just remind me what his timezone is, and we'll play. He already added me on WiiU, so we're ready in that regard.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hmm, just tell him I'm available on monday at 7 PM in his timezone, and just remind me what his timezone is, and we'll play. He already added me on WiiU, so we're ready in that regard.
Okay, so to clarify, as you're on EST time, you'll actually play him on Monday, 5am your time, right? This is effectively what I will be telling him (to be ready at around 19:00 on Monday 12/22/2014).

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Okay, so to clarify, as you're on EST time, you'll actually play him on Monday, 5am your time, right? This is effectively what I will be telling him (to be ready at around 19:00 on Monday 12/22/2014).
5 AM? Erm, would 9 AM be better? If I must, I will stay up until 5 AM today to play him in the fated duel of the Dark Lords (and the even darker rings under my eyes LOL)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
5 AM? Erm, would 9 AM be better? If I must, I will stay up until 5 AM today to play him in the fated duel of the Dark Lords (and the even darker rings under my eyes LOL)
I assume he's up later. Just need proper clarification. I'll correct my statement.

He's good with 9 your time

Last edited:

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
@ Big O Big O I'm now available at last, When did you want to play?
I'll be ready to play in like an hour or so. Should we set it up to play at 1 PM Pacific time? Also, in the interest of making things simpler, would you agree to playing the whole set on BF/SV/Omega Gnar Plains? If you agree, I'll just go with your choice of those 3 for the set. Lmk if you prefer customs on/off too.

I see you live in England. If you wanna reschedule to an earlier time in the day for you, I can play you at like 4 PM (your time) tomorrow.

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I won 2-0 against Hydde.
Also Pac-land is the best stage ever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.