• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf is STILL the best character ever (Wii-U Online Tournament: Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
And with that, I thank everyone who dropped by the chat.

The bracket is updated in case people missed that.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
T'would appear that I achieved victory for the dark lord.

With style! XD gg's shogger
That means you are up against NNID: ganon_gungnir

Nitpick: Did you win 2-0 or 2-1? By default I put 1-0 if I don't have a result. It's nothing big, just adds some flavor to statistics.

Last edited:

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
That means you are up against NNID: ganon_gungnir

Nitpick: Did you win 2-0 or 2-1? By default I put 1-0 if I don't have a result. It's nothing big, just adds some flavor to statistics.
He won 2-0. Some rather embarrassing SD's from me. Got him back in friendlies though ;)

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
So when are you available to play @ Hydde Hydde ?
The time zones can be a bit of a problem so it's probably for the best if we agree on a date to play.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Oh wait, my bad, it's best of 3, not 2. lol

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
God f**king d**mmit I'm awful. lol
@AO2ZOMG: Swoops won this by a longshot. Best Ganon I've ever played.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
God f**king d**mmit I'm awful. lol
@AO2ZOMG: Swoops won this by a longshot. Best Ganon I've ever played.
Lol @ KenMeister KenMeister I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, you actually incorporated pretty much all of my tricks reealllly quickly...that was pretty cool. Plus online SDs lol

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Lol @ KenMeister KenMeister I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, you actually incorporated pretty much all of my tricks reealllly quickly...that was pretty cool. Plus online SDs lol
Yeah, if anything, I'd like to look at this as more of a learning experience, why is why I still played like 50 more matches. Thanks for the experience man, I'll be sure to incorporate those tactics into my playstyle. I also saved some of the replays to boot as well. Not once has it occurred to me to use nair offstage like that, or using downsmash to drag in foes, good stuff.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ Wiley Wiley Okay, not to put any pressure here, but I believe I'm in decent shape for pitting myself to the challenge of this tournament. As I stated earlier, I'm not available on the 17th and 18th. At this point WILEY, I'll let you tell me when you believe it would be convenient for you. You can of course take your time to surrender practice, or find a good controller.

I'm actually quite satisfied with the Wii-U default/pro controller. If there's input lag, I can't really notice it. Just the button layout took some getting used to.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Well I finally started in. have about 100 odd games in with the gamepad :/ it's pretty meh. But I think I can at least manage to put myself into the mix. let's set up codes and get our games in today if possible :D

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well I finally started in. have about 100 odd games in with the gamepad :/ it's pretty meh. But I think I can at least manage to put myself into the mix. let's set up codes and get our games in today if possible :D
I will add you now. We might be able to do this immediately, or later tonight.

EDIT: I tried to add you...but it didn't work (too few characters or something). Also I'll be available most likely...around 7pm Pacific Time.

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Turokman took the set 2-0 like a beast. Great matches and great friendlies afterwards. Confirmed what I kinda knew, which is that I need to work on them mirror matches. Excellent spacing and CQC, Turok.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Turokman took the set 2-0 like a beast. Great matches and great friendlies afterwards. Confirmed what I kinda knew, which is that I need to work on them mirror matches. Excellent spacing and CQC, Turok.
@ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm
I will be very interested to know how the next set goes.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
So, I have a minor problem. And this is how I want to address it.

@Lozjam is honorably discharged from the tournament as a survivor of the ultimate enemy we know as real life. It is the responsibility of the rest of us to continue on, and inspire him and everyone with the true power of Ganon. There's two ways I could handle this. Search for a replacement, or advance @ Zathura Zathura to play @Thinkaman.

Personally me, I don't have a problem with more replacements. I just don't want to be the only one troubled into looking for them, so my current stance is I would prefer to advance the bracket. This isn't because I'm concerned about time, it's more that I'm not very motivated to manage finding more people. I'll wait around a week in case anyone has an opinion or contribution before I actually go ahead with advancing the bracket.

Status updates from everyone are always appreciated. This tournament is something we play on our terms. Tis the true path to living to the sinister ideals of Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Can I just say I learned so much about the universe just from your avatar alone. Makes me want to flash a light into my neighbors house and teach their kids about it too.

(insert Eric's bwoaaaaaaaaaa explosion sounds)

oh and I'm ready A2

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Hey, once the tournament is over are we saving replays of the matches we played?

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
almost 2 hours later... :c

I want to play lol

Edit:
ok it's 9:30 calling it for the night.
I may still be online in Smash, but I'm finished checking back here for now.

Last edited:

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
So, I have a minor problem. And this is how I want to address it.

@Lozjam is honorably discharged from the tournament as a survivor of the ultimate enemy we know as real life. It is the responsibility of the rest of us to continue on, and inspire him and everyone with the true power of Ganon. There's two ways I could handle this. Search for a replacement, or advance @ Zathura Zathura to play @Thinkaman.

Personally me, I don't have a problem with more replacements. I just don't want to be the only one troubled into looking for them, so my current stance is I would prefer to advance the bracket. This isn't because I'm concerned about time, it's more that I'm not very motivated to manage finding more people. I'll wait around a week in case anyone has an opinion or contribution before I actually go ahead with advancing the bracket.

Status updates from everyone are always appreciated. This tournament is something we play on our terms. Tis the true path to living to the sinister ideals of Ganondorf.
I'm fine with just moving up, that's great for me, one less person to be knocked out by, but if you think there should be a replacement i don't mind that either.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Can I just say I learned so much about the universe just from your avatar alone. Makes me want to flash a light into my neighbors house and teach their kids about it too.

(insert Eric's bwoaaaaaaaaaa explosion sounds)

oh and I'm ready A2
Yeah sorry, I got super distracted and forgot to communicate more. I'm terrible.

19th will work better. Around 6-9pm Pacific Time most likely. I'll leave a room open and just chill.

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
I don't suppose anyone who speaks Japanese could act as a liaison for my match? I don't speak the lingo and would like to know when would be good for the almighty gungnir to wreck me senseless.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I don't suppose anyone who speaks Japanese could act as a liaison for my match? I don't speak the lingo and would like to know when would be good for the almighty gungnir to wreck me senseless.
There's a 9 hour difference between UK and Japan. However I've observed that he tends to be active around ~5-7 pm his time, which your time is 8-10 am. (my time that's 12pm-2am)

I'm forwarding information to him, so feel free to let me know anything that needs to be communicated. Though, I will say he's really smart and his English is not too bad.

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
There's a 9 hour difference between UK and Japan. However I've observed that he tends to be active around ~5-7 pm his time, which your time is 8-10 am. (my time that's 12pm-2am)

I'm forwarding information to him, so feel free to let me know anything that needs to be communicated. Though, I will say he's really smart and his English is not too bad.
Oh, I just assumed like a foolish lightbringer that you just spoke Japanese xD

I'll send him a message :D

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
So when are you available to play @ Hydde Hydde ?
The time zones can be a bit of a problem so it's probably for the best if we agree on a date to play.
Hi. im available later today 6 hours from now (im on -5 GMT, right now is 2:33 pm... ill be available around 8 onwards).

But im ok agrreing on a date
What about you?

We need to plan it because of time xzone differences tho.. ur apretty far from me XD

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Hi. im available later today 6 hours from now (im on -5 GMT, right now is 2:33 pm... ill be available around 8 onwards).

But im ok agrreing on a date
What about you?

We need to plan it because of time xzone differences tho.. ur apretty far from me XD
6 hours is too much for me, i think it's best to set a date, preferably tommorow or friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom