• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameyard Showdown: The Sequel, 10/2/2010, Garden City, MI

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Really fun tournament as always guys. It's like I know everyone in the MI scene now. lol

Yeah, I was feeling out of it during the first half. (Falling asleep on that couch) I had a bad headache and felt a little sick. (Like at DB5 in Chicago) But once I got some caffeine in me, I started picking up again once Singles started. It's one of those addictions I'm gonna have to ease out of.

I saw alot of improvement with some people too. Good stuff.

Shoutouts will be in the results thread.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Yo BigD my organization was fine I told Al to go out and make sure no1 left and he didn't do it. Meh.

Full shoutouts in the results thread

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
Fun tournament.

Boxxy learned Melee is hella legit,
I beat the Mann with a fair,
I learned a lot, and my Ganon seems better,
DBPM too good,

TechChase owes me $10 >_>
good looks on the shout out, but ya tech, if ur hosting melee too, u need to remember to put it on ur thread cuz most ppl didnt even kno u was doin melee too n when u start brackets on stuff, make sure that who ever is organizing isnt sittn there just talkin bout or playin brawl. we were trying to start the melee singles, but u guys werent given us no players or anything so we just sat there for like 3 hrs playin friendlies

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
wow that sucks that melee singles was canceled right when i left, and that i couldnt be in doubles.
other than that, it wus pretty fun
i might be organizing a tourney at my church

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
good looks on the shout out, but ya tech, if ur hosting melee too, u need to remember to put it on ur thread cuz most ppl didnt even kno u was doin melee too n when u start brackets on stuff, make sure that who ever is organizing isnt sittn there just talkin bout or playin brawl. we were trying to start the melee singles, but u guys werent given us no players or anything so we just sat there for like 3 hrs playin friendlies
I kept trying to get Ori to help when I was busy when it went down but neither of us got back to Melee. And Melee WAS advertised lol. And I am not hosting Melee again. You guys deserve a T.O who isn't so immersed in Brawl lol

TheMann

Smash Ace
Yo BigD my organization was fine I told Al to go out and make sure no1 left and he didn't do it. Meh.

Full shoutouts in the results thread
No what had happened was..... yeah that happened :(. But i didnt wanna get left! lol

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
We printed up everything, u said there was melee singles n doubles, but on the original thread there was no melee at all. Only registration times. But like I said, I kept askin u to get on the ball but u were too wrapped up in brawl to get it goin. Noticed u didn't put in for nothing melee related urself

ZTD | TECHnology

^ The original thread (this thread go look at original post) had the rules clearly listed and not only that but all of the Melee players on Smash boards knew about Melee at this event. West Michigan clearly knew and so did Ann Arbor but it just didnt work out. And I was not the only T.O at this event. But yeah I did get wrapped up in Brawl mainly because Melee was doomed to fail anyway. I could go on about this but there's no point and its not changing my mind on anything.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
well u just need to kno how to accomodate for things. we didnt even have much of anything for doubles. we jus did a round of pools. u culdve at least made it into some kind of finals n grand finals or something. me n soul had the same record as pm n foot, but they 2nd. we were clownin the whole time that all of our sets were each round of the brackets. u had messed up cuz u took ovr our melee tv (major ho-ing on that foreal), u guys didnt need it cuz with ppl in both melee n brawl, they culdve did melee till it was thur turn in brawl or vice versa. only my 2nd tourney n i kne that. n i new it melee was bound to fail wen U our host didnt evn get up in it

ZTD | TECHnology

I didn't have the time to get into every event I was so busy. And sometimes the T.O. does not enter anything. I am a Brawl player and you know that. This is why I had a backup T.O. and that didn't work out unfortunately. Anyway if you anything else to say about this we can talk about it in person because this doesn't change anyway. I acknowledge I didn't do to well with Melee so I don't know what more you want me to say here because we're basically exchanging the same words over again.

Tigger

Smash Apprentice
I didn't have the time to get into every event I was so busy. And sometimes the T.O. does not enter anything. I am a Brawl player and you know that. This is why I had a backup T.O. and that didn't work out unfortunately. Anyway if you anything else to say about this we can talk about it in person because this doesn't change anyway. I acknowledge I didn't do to well with Melee so I don't know what more you want me to say here because we're basically exchanging the same words over again.
How about you ask a melee T.O. to do it instead of Ori?

Likeee... ;)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Don't ever doom an event to failure if there are people willing to enter, even if it's only 10 of them. They can still do something, maybe just go straight into a bracket or something, or do a round robin. It's not good on your rep to give up on an event as a TO, even if it isn't the game you play

On that note, if a melee player should have also taken initiative instead of waiting on Tech to do it, or his co-host. There's no reason that someone couldn't have taken over and made some sort of event for the few melee players there. Yes, you aren't technically hosted the tournament, but you still could have done something to give a tournament environment. Take things into your own hands.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
^ The original thread (this thread go look at original post) had the rules clearly listed and not only that but all of the Melee players on Smash boards knew about Melee at this event. West Michigan clearly knew and so did Ann Arbor but it just didnt work out. And I was not the only T.O at this event. But yeah I did get wrapped up in Brawl mainly because Melee was doomed to fail anyway. I could go on about this but there's no point and its not changing my mind on anything.
Has it occurred to you that maybe West MI and Ann Arbor didn't show up for Melee because the TO gave off the poor impression that Melee was doomed to fail? You're mixing up cause and effect here. Either put in your full effort to make an event successful or don't hold it at all -- you owe at least that much to people traveling to the event.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Has it occurred to you that maybe West MI and Ann Arbor didn't show up for Melee because the TO gave off the poor impression that Melee was doomed to fail? You're mixing up cause and effect here. Either put in your full effort to make an event successful or don't hold it at all -- you owe at least that much to people traveling to the event.
Not trying to come off as a jerk here but did west mi and aa even give this last tourny a chance? Even if the TO's gave the op a poor impression about the Melee on goings did any of you ask any questions in the thread about why there was a poor impression? I didn't see any...

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Hmmm for the next one perhaps you guys might want three or more people running it if the hosts decide to play.

I think this could really help make things go along.

If you guys showed me how to work tio I'd be more than happy to help. I have once ran a 3000+ person group that was dedicated to hosting tournaments. If you want proof of it, lemme know.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Tio is easy, dl it and just play around with it. You'll understand most things in no time.

Although I am sort of newer to the smash scene I wouldn't mind helping run a tourny. I just want to see thing go smoothly so tournaments don't last till 1 in the morning.

Mit

Smash Ace
Space is also an issue not being considered here.

Place was mega, ultra-packed when the highest amount of people were in there. I think that's the biggest benefit to having only Brawl: It would be slightly more comfortable in that small corner given for the tournament.

Now, if you could get some more space for Melee, that'd be great.

Kail

Smash Lord
Not trying to come off as a jerk here but did west mi and aa even give this last tourny a chance?
We asked several times about the turn out for the even. We received low numbers as a response. Then AA bailed then we decided it's not worth going for 6 or 7 people.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Space is also an issue not being considered here.

Place was mega, ultra-packed when the highest amount of people were in there. I think that's the biggest benefit to having only Brawl: It would be slightly more comfortable in that small corner given for the tournament.

Now, if you could get some more space for Melee, that'd be great.
Everything was just not placed correctly. If the table that was sticking out was placed against the wall it would have been 100 times less packed.

ZTD | TECHnology

Honestly I shouldve had a 3rd TO there who is more well versed in Melee than I am. I already admitted I screwed up and I apologized.

I DID hype both events before the tournament Juggleguy so your statement is off base. You can handle Melee I'm not worrying about it.

And I also stated several times that we just didn't have the space for both scenes popping up. Gameyard is comfortable for a standard size local tournament ..for Brawl. Brawl + Melee is not feasible. I'm not blaming anyone here just laying down facts. There were things I overlooked and now I know better. Lesson learned. If you want to keep pressing it though to no avail be my guest.

So

Top Bottom