• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameyard Showdown: The Sequel, 10/2/2010, Garden City, MI

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology

Lately many people have been complaining that Michigan needs more tournaments yet nothing has been done. Gentlemen (and the one or two ladies we have XD) Ori and I present to you the next Gameyard :D We had a great turnout for the last one and its time we have another one. Let's make this a great way to start off the fall season.

29552 Ford Road
Garden City, MI 48135-2318
Get Directions

There are a few places to eat in the area within a bit of a walk and quite a few more if you're willing to drive a bit. There is a Kmart across the venue also.

Date and Times
10/2/10

12:00 - Venue opens, Registration for all events opens.
1:30 - Brawl and Melee Doubles registration ends.
2:00 - Brawl and Melee Doubles begins.
5:30 - Registration ends for Brawl and Melee Singles.
6:00 - Brawl and Melee Singles begin.

Prices and Payout
Venue Fee - $5*
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $10 per person
*Venue fee will be refunded to anyone bringing a full setup who stays for the entire event. A full setup is a TV and a Wii with a copy of Brawl with all characters and legal stages unlocked. Fee will be refunded if someone brings a setup for doubles and leaves before singles starts.

Payouts will be:
Singles, >= 15 people
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Singles, < 15 people
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Doubles
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Rules: Brawl Edition
- 3 Stock

- 8 minute timer

- Items are set to "off" and "none"

- All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

- King Dedede's standing infinites and ledge infinites are banned.

- Marth's infinites of Ness and Lucas are banned.

- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

- If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- Stalling is banned.

Stages: Brawl Edition
Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokémon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

Rules: Melee Edition

Items are set to off
4 stock
8 minute timer
All sets are best of 3, except for winners, losers, and grand finals, which are best of 5s
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
No player may choose the stage they last won on
Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match
The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)
Set Format
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches

Stages: Melee Edition
Neutral 1v1

Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick 1v1

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral 2v2

Final Destination
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick 2v2

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Banned 1v1/2v2

Everything Else

Also, at least two of the setups will be HDTVs. Component cables will be used to minimize lag, however if you are still concerned there could be an issue you can request not to be put on them during registration and I'll do my best.

Contact

Tech_Chase - (248) 796-1479

Ori - (248) 494-0368

Housing and Carpools

I will opening up my home to a few people that are traveling from afar for this event. Friends get priority over strangers. If anyone else if offering housing I will post it here. Also if anyone is offering carpooling services i will post it here also.

Setups

WE NEED SETUPS. Unless you want to play on those laggy HDTVs they have I suggest you guys bring televisions. If you plan on bringing a setup let me know.

Allisbrawl Listing
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10652

Kail

Smash Lord
No melee doubles? I can safely say West Side won't be attending then and probably no one from the Chicago area.

ZTD | TECHnology

I don't have a problem with Melee doubles..if we get enough people for this. If you can promise more people for this event then sure. Its just that a lot of times Melee doubles never gets started because of the lack of people is all. I'm all for it though personally.

EDIT: Screw it I added it to the OP lol

Kail

Smash Lord
Even if there aren't that many people for it. Velynn, Bigy, and Shade pretty much won't to go to a tourney if there won't be doubles. So, by automatically excluding it like your post shows, it pretty much defeats their whole reason for going. That's all I'm saying.

ZTD | TECHnology

True so I added it anyway. I figure if there arent enough people we just wont have it. Might as well include it if we are doing Brawl doubles anyway. So it's added. Tell the West side :D

Kail

Smash Lord
If we go, I'm sure that won't be an issue. It'll probably be a snug fit though, which is fine cause you have dibs on my lap. I'll mention it to Bigy and Velynn when I talk to them.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
this gonna be so hype :)
Tech i am gonna have to make a cool banner for these gameyard tourneys like i did with the WBSTs

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Yeahyuh. Requesting off work tomorrow. Tech and I are taking dubs. I'll also be playing some Melee friendlies at this.

HYPE.

ZTD | TECHnology

^ Yessir. Ori I hope you dont mind however Louis and I teaming for this one. We are training for doubles on aib and want to test the fruit of our labor at this tournament.

Also Gameyard requested if we could make a flier so I can email it to them so they can post fliers up at the venue. And YESSSSSS a banner for this would be ****. I have the ability to throw monthlies here. I am aiming to make this Michigan's new regular thing. I promised Michigan tournaments and I deliver.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
gotta see what time practice is/if i have practice that day

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
It's an away game for UM Football on 10/2 so I'd be down for driving myself + some Ann Arbor people to this. Melee all day.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I have a possibility of actually going to this tourny. Haha, I wont really know until like 3-4 days before it though. :(

rsr2

Smash Lord
Sweet, I will try to make this one. Maybe even play the Magic the Gathering Tournament on Friday at Pandemonium :D

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Its ok Tech, maybe next time. I'll check around to see if anyone needs this as time approaches.
And i will start to work on the banner soon. I will talk with them about making that flyer :)

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
ay if im deff game for this, chance for me to show everyone why Link is a low tier. no johns, west bloomfield, ann arbor and ALL of detroit best be on this, no homo

this will be the perfect place for me to try out marth
ay we teaming for melee? and r u going marth in melee now too or just brawl, cuz if so, i thought u was quiting out of brawl so we can step out melee team-game up

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
dude once you play the cpu on melee for so long, it gets boring because all i can really practice is wavedashing. im not quitting brawl im just going to be more melee then brawl.

Brawl: Marth then Mario
Melee: Mario then Marth

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Work has been called off.

Pretty much guaranteed to come.

I'm willing to drive Ann Arbor people if they throw in 5 bucks for gas. Price might be reduced if I get the whole car filled. If you don't pay me, I won't drive you in the future till you pay me back. lol

ZTD | TECHnology

Work has been called off.

Pretty much guaranteed to come.

I'm willing to drive Ann Arbor people if they throw in 5 bucks for gas. Price might be reduced if I get the whole car filled. If you don't pay me, I won't drive you in the future till you pay me back. lol
Sweetness.

Also people let me know if you are bringing a setup. We NEED them. I do not want to have to use those laggy *** HDTVs and I know you dont either lol

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
dude once you play the cpu on melee for so long, it gets boring because all i can really practice is wavedashing. im not quitting brawl im just going to be more melee then brawl.

Brawl: Marth then Mario
Melee: Mario then Marth
marth and link on teams? that actually sounds kinda sexy. Ping runs with marth and me him do pretty well considering that he sucks, but we'll see what happens.

tech-malice said he'll team with you at the tourney, so this upcoming wednesday wen we have our smashfest, we can practice our team set-ups. (note: i think ping and dbiz are trying to run some smash this sunday if you guys interested in helping them step their game up. i can only help them so much and i think advice from others would be very useful)

ZTD | TECHnology

Pacman I won't home until Sunday afternoon but I'd probably be down if I'm not drained from the Cincinatti trip. I do agree we should help them out and help them step it up.

And yesss Malice and I are gonna ****.

Top Bottom