• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Why does it feel like hollywood is running out of ideas? I don't like this idea that you're controlling another human being. That puts the fun of going knowing you can try again away. It's like dropping a video game requirement. You can't even call that anything related to Video Games. Might as well call it Puppet.

-Ran

Smash Master
There's another movie coming out soon that is about interfacing with a doll/person as well. Saw the trailer for it at the release of Terminator.

Handorin

Smash Hero
There must be a lot of people on Death row.

And the government must be rich or something to be wasting all that money on equipment and such.

-Ran

Smash Master
In Texas, a death penalty case costs taxpayers an average of $2.3 million, about three times the cost of imprisoning someone in a single cell at the highest security level for 40 years.(3) In Florida, each execution is costing the state $3.2 million.(4) In financially strapped California, one report estimated that the state could save $90 million each year by abolishing capital punishment.(5) The New York Department of Correctional Services estimated that implementing the death penalty would cost the state about $118 million annually.(6)

http://www.fnsa.org/v1n1/dieter1.html

tubes

Smash Ace
I don't get this movie at all. first its all like NEW VIDEO GAME WHERE YOU CONTROL PRISONERS! and then its all like SURVIVE THE GAMES AND YOUR FREE TO GO! BUT NOBODY HAS EVER MADE IT! but then its all like BUT NOW A SUPER ELITE EX MILITARY SPECIAL FORCES GUY IS ON THE VERGE OF PULLING IT OFF AND HAS THE SKILLS TO GO ALL THE WAY!...what?

first off why is it such a big deal that someone is gonna make it out? All that would mean is some kid is good at vidya games. Second, why does it matter that the dudes ex military if he doesn't even do **** but get mind controlled. The only way I can see this movie working is if it was like the story of a kid trying to get his dad out of jail by winning the games with him but an unnecessary amount of bull**** and foul-play is put against him. Otherwise there's gonna be plot-holes ****ing everywhere!

Also why exactly does the death penalty cost so much? All they should have to do is lock the dude up for long enough for his family to visit him and whatnot and then shoot him in the head once with a pistol at point blank. Shouldn't cost that much.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I may try to MST this if I can find some willing companions.

Honestly, though, does anyone find it disturbing that a movie is being made wherein someone is able to kill and maim real people without consequence and without even being the one pulling the trigger, and the title of the movie is "Gamer"? This, in a climate where gamers are accused of not being able to differentiate between game and reality, and are thus suspected of being violent sociopaths.

Personally, I see this as a bit demonizing. Maybe it makes me paranoid or oversensitive, but as someone that plays video games (and knows that they aren't real and will never reflect on real events), I'm offended.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I may try to MST this if I can find some willing companions.

Honestly, though, does anyone find it disturbing that a movie is being made wherein someone is able to kill and maim real people without consequence and without even being the one pulling the trigger, and the title of the movie is "Gamer"? This, in a climate where gamers are accused of not being able to differentiate between game and reality, and are thus suspected of being violent sociopaths.

Personally, I see this as a bit demonizing. Maybe it makes me paranoid or oversensitive, but as someone that plays video games (and knows that they aren't real and will never reflect on real events), I'm offended.
I wanna control the farmer in harvest moon.

Top Bottom