• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Something has come up guys. I can't go to NOOB 2 anymore. Maybe I'll see y'all sometime today. Otherwise, have fun and I'll have to catch y'all on the rebound. Sorry it this caused any inconvenience. I was looking forward to beating Uuaa and Mojo too. :ohwell:

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Pat's not going him and some of his frat buddies are going deep into the woods where no one can hear them to do "brother building" activities. Take that for what you will. (for those that are slow aka pat im talking about homosexual activities)
you ***uhla

I know this kid in my debate club who was 1800 one time and we're really good friends.
I'm interested in going, but there's a 20% chance that I won't go because I still need to trap that girl in the box and I've been building it up for a bit.
wtf josh. btw you gotta get that box out of our room, is like hella big.

I reeeeeeeaaaally want to go to this, and I just checked out my paper assignment and I think it's going to be super easy to write. I'll see how I feel after tomorrow.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I'll just trap her Sunday maybe. Sorry about the box, I think it can fit under the bed...or you can even open the bottom so you can fold it...don't think too much about the box, think outside...

I'm going to pass out at noon and then go see Youth in Revolt tonight at the Reitz.
Anyone wanna come with?

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
so noone other than me has really approached the idea that we need a second car to bring everyone who wants to go. unless i'm mistaken there's only one car going and that's jav's. car ppl can you let us unfortunates know before it gets too close?

Linguini

Smash Master
so the verdict is....im going to UF for sure. Not sure if for summer term too though.

Any of you guys do summer freshman year? Is it worth it?

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Nice Emilio! You can be the 2nd best Ganon in gville. Right after
VGMASTA

I swear, Seth told me he WOULD drive. But I think he only promised to drive because he was under the impression that Jav needed a ride. So, he's a b.

Rayku

Smash Lord
RockCrock I beat Donkey Kong Country for the first time since I was 7 three days ago

I realized where your name was from and was like "I feel ignorant"

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
UF is pretty beast Linguini.

Doing summer classes is a good way to transition because there won't be as many students. However, if you're already pretty independent it shouldn't be too much of a problem just starting in the Fall.

Do you have an idea of what you want to study?

If you plan on going engineering, there is a program called EFTP (http://engnet.ufl.edu/students/students/new-student-programs/eftp) that helps new students transition into engineering.

My major is electrical engineering, and I also advise students on career/major decisions so if you have any further questions I can try to help.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
I was going to drive but my friends bday is this weekend and I don't think we'd make it back before like 10:30 so I don't think I can go.
nice excuse, that's like 23rd on my list of reasons. It's a double john, so you know it's legit.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
EDIT: Hey guys, I am going to go pub stomp at the orange and brew and then watch Youth in Revolt. SO I WILL NOT BE HOME AT ALL.

"For Tonight
GSCA and EA have rented the Orange and Brew
for EXTREME Training
There will be Melee, there will be Brawl, Tat vs Cap
Soul Caliber, and even DJ hero.

from 8:30 until 11
get your gaming fix on at Orange and Brew

with a Special MLG style tournament for the people ready for their big day tomorrow "

@Linguini
I think summer B would be worth it for knowing where everything is without as much pressure. That way you can help pretty girls out in the fall, support them. I wouldn't take any of the gen eds like chem or calc though (material is alright, but the exams take getting used to), maybe some electives. Plus, me and rohins will be here!

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
i'm still debating on going. i thought i wasn't until i saw this post about an hour ago. i have a project to work on, and my teammate isn't going anymore. so i'll figure it out tonight

VGmasta

Smash Lord
so the verdict is....im going to UF for sure. Not sure if for summer term too though.

Any of you guys do summer freshman year? Is it worth it?
Definitely worth it, more Ganon practice for all of us. The Ganons are definitely rising among the melee scene.

Nice Emilio! You can be the 2nd best Ganon in gville. Right after
VGMASTA
:laugh:Nice one Dennis.

Linguini

Smash Master
UF is pretty beast Linguini.

Doing summer classes is a good way to transition because there won't be as many students. However, if you're already pretty independent it shouldn't be too much of a problem just starting in the Fall.

Do you have an idea of what you want to study?

If you plan on going engineering, there is a program called EFTP (http://engnet.ufl.edu/students/students/new-student-programs/eftp) that helps new students transition into engineering.

My major is electrical engineering, and I also advise students on career/major decisions so if you have any further questions I can try to help.
Not too positive about what im studying but def. not doing engineering so it's all good,thanks though. Looks like ill most likely be there for summer. Josh, rohins is going to be at UF?!? I thought he was in WA?

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Ganon. bad character.
I soo bad at this game for gettin' ***** by Ganon, the bad character :laugh:.
Good stuff at NOOB2 guys, I feel terrible about the Thomas and Mark situation though:(. Just for you two guys, I'll be sure to spread my love with y'all as Dr. Mario before you guys leave us. And if y'all get annoyed at Doc, just ask me to go Falco, he's pretty terrible. Seriously, the Falco terrible right now.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
Well my post had absolutely no indication that it was I who believed that he would smash a lot when he got here now did it? Where is the evidence for that? The correct statement you should have changed it to would have been..."Emilio, it seems like I think they think you are going to smash a lot when you get here lol" If you are going to correct someone you should do it the right way.

Your post had no evidence based on this page.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Actually, your previous post implied a subconscious desire for Emilio to be playing all the time when he got here. Nobody was talking about playing him, simply talking about the summer and engineering tips (which I advise against, EFTP is kinda wack) and you suddenly bring up his play-frequency.

Therefore, it was on YOUR mind and you tried to project it on us.

Perhaps it should have read "Emilio, it seems I want you to smash a lot when you get here lol"

QED

Own't

shalom

Smash Journeyman
WOW! You really stretched your argument to the limits to come to that conclusion which is absolutely wrong. My post didn't imply any subconscious desire for Emilio to be playing all the time when he got here lol If you managed to read the posts correctly you would have seen ricky's statement of....

"Definitely worth it, more Ganon practice for all of us. The Ganons are definitely rising among the melee scene."

He said this in response to Emilio simply asking whether doing a summer term during his freshman year was worth it. You did an excellent job not seeing this or just blatantly disregarding it for the sake of your argument so I commend you for that. This statement clearly shows that someone was talking about him playing and it was on their minds. I for one have talked to him before about this and he has told me that he isn't going to play a lot because he will be meeting people, learning the way around, and focus on other ****.

I will not be here during the summer so none of your statements that you have said so far regarding my original post make any sense.

**** I just dominated this ****.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Huh, I totally glossed over that. I saw the second half of that post, but missed the first sentence. Good catch.

However, none of us have implied wanting him "to smash a lot," we have simply stated he will be a welcome addition to our smash community. I'm sure you are familiar that few of us ACTUALLY initiate smashfests during the regular week and we seldom ACTUALLY smash except at Josh's on Friday nights.

With respects to Linguini's question about the summer term, he prefaced it with "So the verdict is... im going to UF for sure." Seeing as this is Smashboards (and even more the "Gainesville Florida Smash Chit-Chat" thread), it would not be far-fetched to assume we would want to talk about Smash in Emilio's decision. This topic, however, was quickly dropped. I don't think any of us here were as interested in smashing with Emilio this summer as we were excited to see Oscar's post asking about our summer plans (which would almost be worth staying here for) as demonstrated by Ricky's interest in "count me in for whatever." Your summer plans (of which I did not know) aside, it was at this point that you interjected about "our" desire to play Linguini. So I assumed that meant you were still thinking about Emilio playing with us and wanted him to play with him often.

Perhaps I extrapolated on your statement too deeply, but I still believe it was an incorrect statement to make.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Double post for content. @Linguini

As for summer term, I was not here the summer of my freshman year but I feel I transitioned w/ ease. Maybe it was because I was hanging out with high school friends and had something to go back to (which DOES make it much easier). If you don't know anybody from your school coming, though, I might recommend taking doing summer just to meet people. If you're lucky you'll get a cool roommate (like me and Raistlin) but if you're unlucky, your roommate will be byad (like some of my other friends).

Lastly, get acquainted w/ the campus. You do NOT wanna get lost on your first day; it freakin' stinks.

Top Bottom