• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GA Brawl Power Rankings *MOAR~!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayku

Smash Lord
It's cool. I have a "permanent teammate" anyway. Might be fun to try things out with other teammates, though.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
***XIF POST***

So first place in brawl in GA is the same guy I played in a tournament with Ike and f smashed him 3 times in a row?

Man I gotta get me into some brawl again!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
vacation is over ..im playing again too..and rayku i think me and mike g are gonna be teammates for now but if he isnt at a tourny i will team with u
So are u gona start showing up to brawl monthlys at waba?

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Yea so you guys haven't heard of me - but guess what I haven't heard of you either! I know BigLou and Desu and Kismet are all good because I have seen them play in tournament and they are likely all better than me. But if you're wondering who I am and dubious of my skill, I present this challenge:

I challenge ranks 4-10 of that top 10 list to a $5-20 MM (as well as any other GA player [GA only - not you Reflex!] who thinks they can beat me), standard tourney rules bo3 or bo5 or however many you want to play.

I'll try to make it to Wabas to put my money where my mouth is, but frankly the reason I never go is that it's like 40-50 min from Tech and that's a sucky drive.

P.S. Just to be clear I don't have any beef, just want to show that I am a real human being and I can win at this game.

Game on boys.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Yea so you guys haven't heard of me - but guess what I haven't heard of you either! I know BigLou and Desu and Kismet are all good because I have seen them play in tournament and they are likely all better than me. But if you're wondering who I am and dubious of my skill, I present this challenge:

I challenge ranks 4-10 of that top 10 list to a $5-20 MM (as well as any other GA player [GA only - not you Reflex!] who thinks they can beat me), standard tourney rules bo3 or bo5 or however many you want to play.

I'll try to make it to Wabas to put my money where my mouth is, but frankly the reason I never go is that it's like 40-50 min from Tech and that's a sucky drive.

P.S. Just to be clear I don't have any beef, just want to show that I am a real human being and I can win at this game.

Game on boys.
10dollars
bo5 =]

Rayku

Smash Lord
Dude Elliot if I can manage to get a Friday off work I'll come and spend the night at Tech and we can go to Waba from there. Just a -really- random thought, I'm trying to support as many people as I can to go. I've already got 7 lined up (even though my car seats 5), but some people might bail.

I'd love to play you in Brawl, we never got any friendlies the one time we had the opportunity. Just Melee

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Still waiting on a clean slated PR from anyone, expect random AIM messages panelists.

@BearsareScary - i don't think you need that proven Elliot,

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Still waiting on a clean slated PR from anyone, expect random AIM messages panelists.

@BearsareScary - i don't think you need that proven Elliot,
Just PM Desu to talk to Elliot and Kismet on the PR. They'll compose a list and probably a new thread (so one of them can edit it to their liking). Obviously laziness/anti-Brawl sentiments/Brawl's a fighter?! will mean Desu might not care enough either way to make this a priority at the moment.

In that case this weird PR may have to stay until that fateful day.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Just PM Desu to talk to Elliot and Kismet on the PR. They'll compose a list and probably a new thread (so one of them can edit it to their liking). Obviously laziness/anti-Brawl sentiments/Brawl's a fighter?! will mean Desu might not care enough either way to make this a priority at the moment.

In that case this weird PR may have to stay until that fateful day.

Sadly, i shall give that a shot.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
How do you know some people are in high school? o.o
He's got connections. Careful now. Don't let your guard down. He'll strike at any time. Northview High. Jailbait. Remember it. Remember it well.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
This thread has gotten completely way off topic, no information other than information that i've posted has been shown to change the power rankings. Rants and complaints have been given, but on real initiative on the basis of helping the PR be correct. I know, smashers of GA have things to do with their day and time, college, work, smashing in general, i understand, we all do. But at least let's talk about the topic in hand.

Waba is the most popular tourney in GA and people consistently come OoS to play in these tourneys, i'm sure that people would even give rides to people who don't want to drive far off. I'm sure that's how Umby gets to most of our tournaments as well as Lock-Ins. So in response to elliot ask for someone to give you a ride.

As for the other tourneys i admit that i haven't been to them, and don't have the results to them. Let's put all of the tournament results together and see how the PR should be set around.

As for the Panelist, i don't think it should be just kismet2, Desu, and Elliot due to location, only because some of you drive around for tournaments anyway and see the people who smash all across GA. What would living closer change? Seeing friendlies? It should instead be people who constantly Dedicated to the Smash Scene in GA, Kismet2 and Desu i agree of, but if no one knows of Elliot except for one or two tournaments, maybe another third person should be chosen. This is no beef to anyone, just comments and opinions.

But i've waited two days maybe three to see if Desu would come back with the information i asked for, and told him in person to come to me with a list so that it could be switched and have not gotten one. As much as i want GA's smash scene to be treated seriously. We all need to step up or else this thread needs to just get locked again.

Umby

Smash Master
Hey, Elliot, if I come to GT some time to Blawl you, would you mind housing me for the night? By the time I get over there, it's kinda tough for me to get back home afterwards (don't ask).

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Elliot, if I come to GT some time to Blawl you, would you mind housing me for the night? By the time I get over there, it's kinda tough for me to get back home afterwards (don't ask).
It is possible. Sleepy already commandeers one of our couches, so you'd have to settle for the less comfortable one. Also, the number 1 reason we never play Brawl (or so I'd hope...) is that our Wii no longer reads our disc, so if you come, please bring a disc so we can play =)
I'd like to enter the next tournament having played at least once in the 2 months prior. Dunno when I'm really free, but we can work it out.

Umby

Smash Master
It is possible. Sleepy already commandeers one of our couches, so you'd have to settle for the less comfortable one. Also, the number 1 reason we never play Brawl (or so I'd hope...) is that our Wii no longer reads our disc, so if you come, please bring a disc so we can play =)
I'd like to enter the next tournament having played at least once in the 2 months prior. Dunno when I'm really free, but we can work it out.
No doubt. I can bring a disc. I'll just call and ask when I can stop by later.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
There's a problem with some old wii's where they stop being able to read any brawl discs. So it may not be a problem with the disc if you have one of the first gen wiis. Something to consider.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
And Elliot I could go for a $5 MM bo5 :) Though I prefer smaller amounts in general, I'd like to play you some time. If I can find a ride to/from tech I have a friend who resides there so I'd have somewhere to stay. I have transportation johns though.

Edit: Of course I don't doubt your ability to play the game, I don't just MM people I know I'll beat. I've MMs with BigLou and Reflex at the next WABA...

Umby

Smash Master
And Elliot I could go for a $5 MM bo5 :) Though I prefer smaller amounts in general, I'd like to play you some time. If I can find a ride to/from tech I have a friend who resides there so I'd have somewhere to stay. I have transportation johns though.

Edit: Of course I don't doubt your ability to play the game, I don't just MM people I know I'll beat. I've MMs with BigLou and Reflex at the next WABA...
BigLou and Reflex are scrubs. You'll have no problem winning money from them.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
BigLou and Reflex are scrubs. You'll have no problem winning money from them.
Thank you for your support. But I already knew this, I just try not to talk smack on the internet. (And don't fill them in on that, they might back out.)

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for your support. But I already knew this, I just try not to talk smack on the internet. (And don't fill them in on that, they might back out.)
ZOM~B's going to be making that money.

But alas, back on subject, elliot can you tell me about the tournaments you've gone to recently.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Idk I don't even play brawl
I played IC3 after not playing brawl for 2 months haha

And yes I will accept that MM.

Uhh I went to IC3, I've been to a couple Waba monthlies here and there.....IC2.....MGC =D
And of course my claim to fame: FR back in March last year.

I guess I haven't been to a lot of tournies....maybe I do suck at this game hmm

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Great. More people I can have fun with when I come back in march for spring break :D
hey bigman, dunno if you remember me. We played online a while back during the summer, I think. I was the guy who lurked the Yoshi boards and wanted to get better with Yoshi but never actually used him :)

I look forward to playing you in person some time.

bigman40

Smash Master
im going to own you scatz
THEN TAKE YOUR POPCORN
Naw dude. Not gonna happen. I ain't making no more popcorn anyway....Too much fat for me.

hey bigman, dunno if you remember me. We played online a while back during the summer, I think. I was the guy who lurked the Yoshi boards and wanted to get better with Yoshi but never actually used him :)

I look forward to playing you in person some time.
I remember you. I'll be there in march to play, so I'll look forward to having some matches.

You should take his hat and his durag first.
I might explode if he does any of that...

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i think the PR should now be

1 Kismet2 (Falco)
2 Biglou (Luigi)
3 Desu (D3/MK)
4 P1 (Diddy)
5 Dynomite! (Wario/Marth/D3/PT/MK)
6 Ice (ZLD/SHK)
7 Scatt (Snake)
8 Octix (Lucario)
9 VietG (Marth TL)
10 AntiC (Falco)

Feb's monthly included.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I did Anti C even place that well in feburary waba?

T3h Albino

Smash Master
i think the PR should now be

1 Kismet2 (Falco)
2 Biglou (Luigi)
3 Desu (D3/MK)
4 P1 (Diddy)
5 Dynomite! (Wario/Marth/D3/PT/MK)
6 Ice (ZLD/SHK)
7 Scatt (Snake)
8 Octix (Lucario)
9 VietG (Marth TL)
10 AntiC (Falco)

Feb's monthly included.
yet i outplaced antic and singles and beat vietG in tournament?
i do agree with the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom