• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G4S3! (Columbus GA, May 5th) Southern Circuit Event II!

Gerbil

Smash Champion
This tourny (G4S3) is Circuit Event Number II lol. So yeah everyone is getting a good start by coming here and by having went to INN V.

Housing from me is a no go at the moment, but again I am working on it.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Alpha, should we do a pre-reg for this do you think? I think it'd make registration smoother and we can go ahead and know (more accurately) how many setups we need. I know we want as many as we can get, but maybe we should come up with a bare minimum amount. It'd also let people know who from their area is coming so they'd know if they'd have a ride/interest/etc. If it's not going to be too big or if it's too much trouble, don't worry about it. Just an idea I had today.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Okay, for the pre-reg list, this is what I have so far:

Ares
BlueJim
Bobby
Boomstick?
C
Carter
-Chad-
Chaddd
Chelsey
co_and_me?
Daniel-zaman
datman
DogySamich
DP’s Mario
Drumma Boi?
Epsilon
Evan
exarch?
FuFu300?
GA Peach
GAWes
Gerbil
GildedPunch
Handorin?
IHSB
Iori
Jimmy
Jmoan
Justice777
Jx31
KirbyJim
KOkingpin
Laijin
Lawrence
Martin
Menthol
Moogle
Mslano
Nice1
Ninja
Nite
PADA?
Prac
Ragnarock
RAM?
Rayku
Reflex
Renegade
Rice?
Rook?
Seph
Slim
Snowman
Tai?
TBag
Tong
Torg
TRC?
Tsunami
Twister
X2X
XIO
Yang?
Yoshido?
Zeus
Zone

Discuss.

Continuous EDIT: That's 52-65 people so far. The actual number depends on how many question marks don't come/come.

RAM

Smash Lord
Good Job on the pre-reg Ares if you don't mind add but including myself put Question marks next to all of us for the time being.

Boomstick
Rice
Drumma Boi
Rook

I don't travel to tournies without any of my crew buddies ^_^

Seph20

Smash Cadet
I don't want to say this but I probably won't be able to house anyone for this tourny... Its prolly not gonna happen, I have alot of people at my apartment already (Mom, brothers and sisters and girlfriend) sorry FL, and Alpha I phail... But I really look forward to the tourny and hope to see yall there. You have my permission to Cus me out and pwn me (In the game!!) when you see me ^.^

Ares726

Smash Ace
I think if we have exactly 64 people come, we should skip pools and do a 64-man bracket. </sarcasm>

Also, don't worry about it Seph. If they really want to come, they'll find a way. I'd be fine with taking all the OOS camping as long as other people can bring tents. That "housing" would be free and probably really fun. I know we can't house inside my house though.

EDIT: GA can come too.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I kind of like pools, because even if you get dead last, you still got to play more matches than just 2. Also, they let the brackets be seeded somewhat.

Ares726

Smash Ace
I kind of like pools, because even if you get dead last, you still got to play more matches than just 2. Also, they let the brackets be seeded somewhat.
Yea, I agree. Plus it would take a really long time to do a 64-man bracket. I do think it'd be cool though. Even though it's not practical.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Wes: You promised me a match between my CF and your Samus.
Ares: Thank you for putting a pre reg up *im lazy haha* can i edit it into the first page plz.
To those who need housing: Well im hoping gerbil comes through now lol, if not you guys might need to do a hotel *i heard its cheaper when you split the cost*
Darvel: >.> *F Smash*

Ares726

Smash Ace
Ares: Thank you for putting a pre reg up *im lazy haha* can i edit it into the first page plz.
Yea, mangz. Copy and paste away. Be sure to keep it updated though so people know the latest news. With housing getting slim there's sure to be some changes.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Ey tong.

"
GOJIGGLYPUFFGOJIGGLYPUFFGOJIGGLYPUFFGOJIGGLYPUFFGOJIGGLYPUFFGOJIGGLYPUFFGOJIGGLYPUFFGOJIGGLYPUFF"

That'll never get old. :-D

You outta bring your lil bro to G4S3 if you can.

Instamindgames.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I count a total of 66 in attendance if everyone (including ?s) make this... so I'm hoping we hit at least 50 this go around, and don't forget, a few locals will be showing up as well!

We still need more TVs and cubes guys!

EDIT: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT CONCERNING HOUSING, PLEASE READ!

Here's the thing. I just had an idea. I am going to try and work a deal out with the managers to provide housing for a small fee. The building is large enough to fit 100+ people to sleep. The problems though are the following:

- There would be an additional fee, perhaps 5$. This is neccessary because they need to get their money's worth for staying open all night so you guys can sleep
- Speaking of sleep... that's most likely exactly what you'd have to do after 2 AM, is go to sleep. To go into more detail... we don't have that Friday night covered as far as people playing. If you want to play games, you MUST go by their standard business operation (Smash 2.50$ per hour, other stuff at varying prices)
- They would be doing us a huge favor, so we'd have to be very curtious and keep things CLEAN. I can't stress enough the fact that after 2 AM it'd probably have to go dark, unless I can work something with the manager to have them allow normal business run with just you guys who pay the fee to sleep there.
- No doubt though, it wouldn't be the greatest sleep in the world. Everyone would need to provide their own sleeping materials (I reccommend a sleeping bag and pillow, and perhaps extra padding because the floor is VERY solid, the couches couldn't be used because priority goes to gamers, though I'm sure you guys will want to sleep and not play since the tourny is the next day.)

This is a much cheaper option than a hotel, but this is NOT FINAL YET! I was told today by my mother that it is an absolute NO to let people stay here since she will be gone for the weekend.... and my little bro does NOT have my back in keeping things quiet.

I'll be sure to keep you guys posted on what is going to happen, but if you are interested in the idea, let me know!

Jx31

Smash Ace
Can you add a question mark to my name? Even though I live ten mins away from the location (downtown dorms ftw) I'm not sure if my ride will still be in town by may 5th. How long does a tournament of this calibur normally last? I'm thinking of just catching a bus there and back if it isn't too late. Also, If I can make it I will bring my cube and craptastic(besides my personal one >.>) controllers if needed.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Can you add a question mark to my name? Even though I live ten mins away from the location (downtown dorms ftw) I'm not sure if my ride will still be in town by may 5th. How long does a tournament of this calibur normally last? I'm thinking of just catching a bus there and back if it isn't too late. Also, If I can make it I will bring my cube and craptastic(besides my personal one >.>) controllers if needed.
If it's just 10 mins, someone can probably give you a ride. Also, cube yes, controllers no, it's BYOC.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I think if we have exactly 64 people come, we should skip pools and do a 64-man bracket. </sarcasm>
Here's the thing I hate about not having brackets.

Imagine if you're somebody like me. You will drive 2 hours (maybe 4 hours, depending on where you're coming from).

If you play in brackets, the least amount of matches you can have is 2. And it's not impossible cause I suck, I can get screwed over in brackets, i get bad matchups, (extensive list of johns here).

Whereas, you do pools, and I'll get atleast 6 or 7 matches.

(I'm obviously using me as an example, but MANY people probably feel like this, and dont say it or dont even think of it)

___

All in all, I think pools are just people-friendly.

Sure i'd like to say "YEAH I MADE IT TO THE BRACKETS, *****", but that aint kool if i go against like Mike G and Mr. **** of another state and get sent packing in my first too matches.

:/

---

. . . ya know it's funny that i'm saying this, yet im the cold hearted ******* who was at Crazy Game Traders trying to wobble 10 year olds. :-D

Top Bottom