• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G4S3! (Columbus GA, May 5th) Southern Circuit Event II!

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Jx31: I can pick you and drop you off no problem.
Gerbil: You ROCK.
Wes, Dogy and anyone else who reply to Ares Idea: umm he wasnt being serious lol.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Wes, Dogy and anyone else who reply to Ares Idea: umm he wasnt being serious lol.
QFT. Come on guys, seriously. I think pools are essential. There's no way I'd want to go straight to brackets. That'd be stupid.

Again: QFT. You'll save OOS tons of money, and get attendance numbers way up. <sarcasm>If you get this working you'll be Top 10 for sure. </sarcasm>

(apparently I have to put those tags now)

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Here's the thing I hate about not having brackets.

Imagine if you're somebody like me. You will drive 2 hours (maybe 4 hours, depending on where you're coming from).

If you play in brackets, the least amount of matches you can have is 2. And it's not impossible cause I suck, I can get screwed over in brackets, i get bad matchups, (extensive list of johns here).

Whereas, you do pools, and I'll get atleast 6 or 7 matches.

(I'm obviously using me as an example, but MANY people probably feel like this, and dont say it or dont even think of it)

___

All in all, I think pools are just people-friendly.

Sure i'd like to say "YEAH I MADE IT TO THE BRACKETS, *****", but that aint kool if i go against like Mike G and Mr. **** of another state and get sent packing in my first too matches.

:/

---

. . . ya know it's funny that i'm saying this, yet im the cold hearted ******* who was at Crazy Game Traders trying to wobble 10 year olds. :-D

I think I'm coming to this.

I quoted this because I agree completely. It's a six hour drive for me, and I suck, so I better get some dang matches.

Edit: Nevermind apparently not doing pools wasn't a serious consideration. Huzzah.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Jokes? In Smash?

What the ****.

Smash is serious business, kid.

Jokes are punishable by death. :-D
Dogy, I just want to tell you that after reading this post I literally fell out of my desk chair laughing. Thanks mangz. Hearing you say Smash is serious has been the highlight of my day. You are so Top Tier!

RAM

Smash Lord
Good Job Gerbil I hope that you can pull if off, and yes 5 bucks is better then like 20 Plus ( that's splitting between like 3 more ppl ), also if room allow in the car we take, I could bring my Air Fortress like I did at Smash Aid7, and if you don't know what it is but you were there remember all of those lil red cots that everyone slept on except this one pyschotic Latino with a Inflatable mattres that could fit 3? that is what an air fortress look like. and if I can't bring it O well I'll make due with what I have ^_^

Gerbil

Smash Champion
SA VII rocked.... I remember some people swiping like 10 red mats ROFL. And of course the um, how to put it lightly, classroom show? ROFL good memories....

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Yeah I don't think I'll be able to make this on the count of SMASH OR DIE this weekend and LASERS FOR THE CHILDREN following...

guys I just sneezed into a cup
I don't know why I told you

Gerbil

Smash Champion
TRC if I were you, I'd skip one of the other 2 simply because G4S3 will no doubt be the largest of the 3. Sure that lessens your chances of placing for money, but who cares? It's all about coming together with a bunch of people you know and love, and hand your *** over and take everyone's offered ***. Does that make sense? :p

Jx31

Smash Ace
Jx31: I can pick you and drop you off no problem.

You can? That would be great, I really appreciate it!

Ares726

Smash Ace
Speaking of points: bascially everyone who enters teams will get points (as long as there are less than or equal to 32 teams). Everyone who makes brackets in singles will get points too. I'm pretty sure that's how it pans out anyway.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
TRC if I were you, I'd skip one of the other 2 simply because G4S3 will no doubt be the largest of the 3. Sure that lessens your chances of placing for money, but who cares? It's all about coming together with a bunch of people you know and love, and hand your *** over and take everyone's offered ***. Does that make sense? :p
They are so close to each other, and I have two special people to team with each time. This tourney is also about an extra hour away for me. Makes a big difference... Mostly cause of gas prices right now -,-

If only someone else in South Carolina DROVE A FRIGGEN CAR... I SWEAR... I AM THE ONLY SC SMASHER WHO WILL GO TO GA...

You make about as much sense as bears with guns.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
if you still need some i can bring a cube and smash,
and is anyone available to team with a shiek or fox?
I might be.

I say might, because if tong comes to this and doesnt have a partner, i'll probably team with him.

If rayku comes and doesnt have a partner, ill probably team with him.

And you also have to be willing to put up with a guy who might go kirby, cause ****it, i learned kirby for doubles, cause i wanna hit my dial-a-combo.

1-800-KIRBICIDE, *****!

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Truely SC fails... RC you should just claim like, Uber North GA....
You're a rich girl, and ya gone too far cause ya know it don't matter any way. You can rely on the old man's money. You can rely on the old man's money!
It's a ***** girl, but it's gone too far caue ya know it don't matter any way.
Say money money won't get ya too far, get ya too far...

I seriously don't know why I responded with Hall and Oats. But yeah SC fails, who doesn't know that? lol

Ares726

Smash Ace
Can anybody bring VCRs with them to record all these awesome matches? I can bring one (it's built into my TV), and I'll try to bring another one so that'd be two. Can anybody else bring some? We're looking at having about 10 TVs so having 10 VCRs would be awesome!

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
Can anybody bring VCRs with them to record all these awesome matches? I can bring one (it's built into my TV), and I'll try to bring another one so that'd be two. Can anybody else bring some? We're looking at having about 10 TVs so having 10 VCRs would be awesome!
I gots two.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
ANNOUNCEMENT!

Guys... please be sure to re-read the very first post. You MUST look for the price changes, we had to increase them this time in order to provide money to go towards the Southern Circuit. BUT! Do not think that the pot is going to be *****, in fact it will actually be the exact same if not more as if we DIDN'T raise the price. So yes, a lot of money is going to first place.

ANNOUNCEMENT ON HOUSING!

So far they are telling me it will be tough. I still can't gurentee anything at all, but what they are telling me is if they can do ANYTHING it would only be Friday Night housing, not Saturday. So you could get here early, play the tourny, and then go find a hotel, but that would be the BEST I could offer. Honestly though, I think you guys will be better off trying to do a hotel. Just tell them you need a room for like 3 people, but instead cram like 8 of you guys in the same room and split the price 8 ways. Couldn't be more than 5-10$ per night each if you find a cheap hotel. I'll start looking into that too, finding hotels close to our venue but also cheap ones.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I feel ya on that Wes...
I'm looking for some sweet sweet revenge against a few smashers...
*Looks at Eugene* >. >
Sign me up for another 20$ MM with Renegade~

Oh yeah, Columbus crew battle is gonna rock.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Can anybody bring VCRs with them to record all these awesome matches?
I have a DVD/VCR recorder combo.

I dunno how to get the DVDs off in a workable format (they come out as DVD movies, and I dunno how to **** with those on my cpu :/)

As for the VCR.

I just flat out have no clue how to get something from tape to cpu.

But i'll still bring it for people who know how to do that stuff.

Ares726

Smash Ace
You get on a VHS, and I'll do the rest. You need a capture card to take it from a VHS to the CPU. Thanks for bringing it though man.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Im definantly not going to this. Its too far from me really >__> And it seems like no one is leaving from Atlanta. So I have no ride there.

See you guys at Lasers. :o

Edit:
You get on a VHS, and I'll do the rest. You need a capture card to take it from a VHS to the CPU. Thanks for bringing it though man.

You have a capture card? Well cool. I guess that means you would'nt mind uploading one of my tapes the next time I see you..?

Somasu

Smash Ace
I'll go to this if I can hitch a ride from someone here at Lawrenceville.

And I'd be able to bring my 'Cube and possibly a VCR and tapes, if that's still wanted. I wouldn't be able to get the tapes on the CPU, seeing as I don't have the equipment to do so, but I'd hand over the tapes to anyone that can get it online, if the wish.

Carter - Are you and 112 going to this? If so, would you guys mind giving me a ride there, again?

Top Bottom