• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G4S3! (Columbus GA, May 5th) Southern Circuit Event II!

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
I'll go to this if I can hitch a ride from someone here at Lawrenceville.

And I'd be able to bring my 'Cube and possibly a VCR and tapes, if that's still wanted. I wouldn't be able to get the tapes on the CPU, seeing as I don't have the equipment to do so, but I'd hand over the tapes to anyone that can get it online, if the wish.

Carter - Are you and 112 going to this? If so, would you guys mind giving me a ride there, again?
Yeah that would help us out alot.
Laijin why dont you learn how to drive i heard its just like playing smash.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Laijin no Johns dude. There is no way you can say that "it is too far from me" It is only 2 hours from Atlanta!!! This is the largest fricken tourny in GA since SA:VII!!!! I am severely disappointed that you'd use a "Distance" John when we from Columbus travel every tournament over 2 hours to each, and then there are people coming from the rest of GA, plus AR, TN, MI, FL, AL, and SC? >.> You dissapoint me greatly...

As for Somasu: Already mentioned it on AIM, but I'll be on the lookout for a ride for you if Carter can't do it. I'll see what we from Columbus can do, I know that last time X2X traveled to Conyers to pick up Epsilon and Snowman (Are they even coming to this?...) so perhaps some of us others can pull together a driving fund (small gas fee) and travel to the closer places (like 2 hours distance) to pick some people up. Of course I am not speaking for them, but I'll ask the ones who can drive and carpool that many people.

Alpha, Ares, Prac: You guys wanna do the carpooling fund? :p I would offer my own car too, but if I don't get my license upgraded to class C, it ain't going down. (I left it at D.... cheaper rofl)

Laijin

Smash Hero
Duuude. Its really hard to drive 2 hours away from Atlanta when you don't have a car. 2 hours is a very long time to just ask someone to give me a ride there, and taking the bus is obviously out of the question.
So unless Wes is leaving from Atlanta, or Tong finds a ride that I can go with too(since we both are in Atlanta), there is no way I can make it down there.

I cant get a car X2X cause they cost money. xP

Ares726

Smash Ace
EDIT: I was just about to post and say I could do it, but I have a final at 8 am on the 5th. I won't be able to finish that, go to Atlanta, and then get back in time for the tourney. If anything changes I'll let you know. Sorry guys. I fail.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Just change your main char to Samus and SWD over here like Alpha and ihavespaceballs, then you're good to go no probs. :p

Prac352

Smash Lord
Duuude. Its really hard to drive 2 hours away from Atlanta when you don't have a car. 2 hours is a very long time to just ask someone to give me a ride there, and taking the bus is obviously out of the question.
So unless Wes is leaving from Atlanta, or Tong finds a ride that I can go with too(since we both are in Atlanta), there is no way I can make it down there.

I cant get a car X2X cause they cost money. xP
What's wrong with the bus?

You could hookshot a bus if you get close enough

You and tong should be bus buddies.

or tong could prolly two-step it all the wa to the driver's seat and jack a ride for both of you.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
@Soma- Get a ride to my house the night before, and you can go with the GPC crew. We're probably going to bring 4 cars, so there'll be a free seat somewhere.

Somasu

Smash Ace
112 - Hm, well, I'll see if he can take me, though, I might try and bring a friend along with me, and if Carter can only drive a truck, then we probably won't have enough room.

Gerbil - Getting me a ride would be appreciated. I'd be willing to pay a little bit of a gas fee, just so long as I get there. Feel free to go ahead and see if anyone you know would be willing to get me there before I figure if Carter can give me a ride. I'll see if I can get Phil and/or Paul to come, too, so there might need to be room in the car for them. If you can't get room for them , then don't worry about it, though.

EDIT:

Anomic_Punk - Where do you live? I live on Lawrenceville-Suwanee Rd. If you're anywhere nearby, I'd probably be able to do that.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I live on L-Ville suwanee road, past Peachtree industrial blvd.
You can probably get a ride from someone who goes to GPC, to my house, and catch a ride to the tourney with us.
Come to GPC one day this week, we'll play smash and get riding arrangements made.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

You have to show up.

I wanna nother rap battle.

I think i have a team that can contest this time. . . . or, one that was better than my last team, atleast.

No gimp *** marth for me! And I think ima replace the ICs on my team.

But i gotta ace up my sleeve i wish i'da thought about last time. :-D

Somasu

Smash Ace
Menthol - Really? Hmm, that's not too far, I think.

I should be heading to GPC this Wednesday. I actually was going to come today, but I had to do yardwork around my house. Question though; the Lawrenceville GPC campus you guys Smash at is the one on Colliins Hill Rd., right? I asked my mother about it, and she said the college is under a different name or something and that it is on that road, but I'm not sure if she's right since everyone I've talked to still calls it GPC.

If she's wrong, then correctly identify where exactly the campus you guys are at is, so I can get there easily. Or at least give me an address to the campus so I can just mapquest it or something.

Laijin

Smash Hero
What's wrong with the bus?

You could hookshot a bus if you get close enough

You and tong should be bus buddies.

or tong could prolly two-step it all the wa to the driver's seat and jack a ride for both of you.
I don't even think the bus even runs down there to there. And if it did, i'd have to take like 20 million buses to get there and it'll probably take like 4-5 hours. >____>

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
I don't even think the bus even runs down there to there. And if it did, i'd have to take like 20 million buses to get there and it'll probably take like 4-5 hours. >____>
IF....IF...I have room, you AND Tong can ride with Tony and I. But it's not a promise, just a possibility.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Yeah, Sheik is pretty much amazing in teams. Especially when teamed up with a Kirby. *glances towards Dogy* Are you really going to go Kirby in teams. That would be fan-freaking-tastic. I picked up Kirby for teams one day. I kept Kirbyciding and then life stealing. It was the most hilarious match every.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yeah, Sheik is pretty much amazing in teams. Especially when teamed up with a Kirby. *glances towards Dogy* Are you really going to go Kirby in teams. That would be fan-freaking-tastic. I picked up Kirby for teams one day. I kept Kirbyciding and then life stealing. It was the most hilarious match every.
Man, i went to Gigabits saturday, and i was actually goin through people in friendlies with kirby.

I'd be down for some kirby teams, as long as my partner knew that "Hey, I'm playin kirby, dont expect me to do much except run like a ***** and kirbicide"

. . .

GOTTA GET THAT DIAL-A-COMBO. 1-800-KIRBICIDE! Mortal Kombat aint got nothin on me!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yeah that would help us out alot.
Laijin why dont you learn how to drive i heard its just like playing smash.
Really? So like

Shine Spikes = Bump Drafting
Short Hopping = hydrolics
Dash Cancelling = E-Brakes
Bomb Spam = Constantly cutting people off
CapFal Knee = Head-on Semi Collision
Moonwalking = Spinners
A Good Pichu = A good radio commercial
Tech Chasing = Speed Traps

___

. . . . you're right. Smash IS like driving. Which is why so many people suck at driving! LOL! :-D

Ares726

Smash Ace
A Good Pichu = A good radio commercial on XM
If fixed your quote for you. But yes, Smash is just like driving.

Dash Dancing= repeatedly chaning lanes
Mindgames= putting on your left turn signal and then going right
Bowser=semi (too raw)
Kirby=Prius (t3h sux0rz)

The only difference are that Asians are good at Smash.

Girls still suck at both.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
But yes, Smash is just like driving.

Girls still suck at both.
Amen brother.
Amen.

Don't think I can make it to this tourney guys. Finals in college don't want me to.

The only good things I see are 1. Saturday and 2. Housing possibly. Other than that, longer drive, I rly wanna go to Lasers, Reflex is teaming with someone else already, gas prices are high, etc. So... probably can't come but we will see what happens.

RAM

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure we're coming to this now, I talked to some of the fella's about splitting the cost between us for a Hotel room for the night, also 2 from mobile may attend.

Somasu

Smash Ace
Hmm.. I'm wondering if I'll be able to join the Teams tournament.

I don't know anyone that would even really try to team up with me =P I mean, I'm not too great a player. SoD4 was my first tournament, and this should be my second, so my lack of experience kinda limits my abilities. Though, some people at SoD4 said they were surprised at my skill for being an underground player (Gerbil, i'm looking at you)

If anyone wants to team with an average smasher, then I'm in. If not, I'll just sit back and watch the Teams matches.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Soma, even if you don't have a partner picked out before the tournament, there's always people there looking for partners. Some people realize they're going at the last minute, they brought an odd number of people with them, or they're local and don't use the boards. There's never really a shortage of potential partners. Well, there might not be a ton to pick from, but there's always at least one. Don't let not having a predetermined partner keep you out of doubles. Doubles are too good. As is partnering with random folks.

Prac352

Smash Lord
Soma, even if you don't have a partner picked out before the tournament, there's always people there looking for partners. Some people realize they're going at the last minute, they brought an odd number of people with them, or they're local and don't use the boards. There's never really a shortage of potential partners. Well, there might not be a ton to pick from, but there's always at least one. Don't let not having a predetermined partner keep you out of doubles. Doubles are too good. As is partnering with random folks.
Sometimes, after partnering up with Ares, I feel I should have joined one of them random folks.

ZING!

mog112

Smash Ace
Hmm.. I'm wondering if I'll be able to join the Teams tournament.

I don't know anyone that would even really try to team up with me =P I mean, I'm not too great a player. SoD4 was my first tournament, and this should be my second, so my lack of experience kinda limits my abilities. Though, some people at SoD4 said they were surprised at my skill for being an underground player (Gerbil, i'm looking at you)

If anyone wants to team with an average smasher, then I'm in. If not, I'll just sit back and watch the Teams matches.
dont worry, youll be too good real soon. we need to smash, so just msg me and keep reminding me so we can smash.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
ares - peach/shiek rematch for fun. i believe my peach has gotten alot better from last time.
alas me jmoan and slim will be going. and maybe bringing another local. Anyway cant wait to see my GA buds.

Somasu

Smash Ace
dont worry, youll be too good real soon. we need to smash, so just msg me and keep reminding me so we can smash.
I'm open this Saturday. In fact, I pretty much HAVE to get out of the house that day. My sister's having a bridal shower, and a bunch of women are just gonna be wandering the house all day, so.. I'd rather be somewhere else.

If you want, I could come hang with you and perhaps some GPC folk during the day. Good time to get some matches in.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Let's do it KO. Also, let's do another Sheik ditto for fun while we're at it. It'll be a repeat set from FP. Will the outcome change? Find out at G4S3!!!

Ares726

Smash Ace
It's going to be 10 pools of X (depends on how many people come) with top 3 advancing. The extra two spots are for the ties that will undubitably occur. People will be seperated by skill and location to ensure the fairest of pools. In brackets, you will be seeded by your rank in your individual pool, and again seperated by location. The brackets will be such that you won't possibly face someone from your crew within the first two rounds. The third round: who knows. The first two: no chance.

EDIT: I'll be running the pools and brackets. X2X thought it'd be best. Especially since I have TIO and he doesn't.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I'm in charge of all the fees, name tags, and building rules as usual.... :( WHy can't I get a cool job like Ares?? :'( ... j/k haha

Another reminder to be sure to re-read the first page, building rules MUST be followed or it may result in ejection from the building at the manager's discretion.... so be nice!!!

I think I've reminded you guys about the first post enough, but I have to be sure everyone knows the updates and doesn't come to us thinking "WTF you didn't say that" when yes, we did lol.

Top Bottom