• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia #4 | Game over - Town wins!

Magic Bounce

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly just so happy to be playing in a game with votes rather than a game with the townies standing in a circle pointing guns at each other while scum snicker in the corner.
kvk?

no but for real i don't understand the wagon on you. while i don't think you're town for it, even if i do find you amusing, you're certainly not scum for sitting back for the first portions of the game. some would argue that statement but i don't believe i will here. rake's being silly, zen's being halfway cheeky, halfway serious, and ruy and kantrip are still trying to get a feel for the game as well. your meta seems to imply this and there's confirmation up the page by potato, any complaints about the whole "but you did the set-up analysis" thing just...don't fit. there's no set-up to analyze, it's an open game with traditional rules

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
@Scary: I noticed you online a few times during Rake's repeated postings that you were scum, but it took you awhile to respond (and when you did respond, it was quite short). Did your scummates take too long to respond to the QT?

Magic Bounce

Smash Apprentice
Unvote

@Scary: So the fact that Rake has been posting a lot is a scum tell for you? I'm not convinced. Who is scum besides Rake?

@Magic Bounce: I wanted to see if his "not minding" being wagoned was false bravado or legit
seems pretty legit to me, he's handled it about as cool as i've seen on this site. you'd be hard-pressed to lynch someone off of a pressure wagon this early and i can understand his confidence in that.

Kantrip

Kantplay
seems pretty legit to me, he's handled it about as cool as i've seen on this site. you'd be hard-pressed to lynch someone off of a pressure wagon this early and i can understand his confidence in that.
I agree and knowing he's not a heavy poster early in a game makes trying to get him to post a wasted effort. My meta was incorrect before because I got hydra heads mixed up.

Who's scum Laundry?

Magic Bounce

Smash Apprentice
I agree and knowing he's not a heavy poster early in a game makes trying to get him to post a wasted effort. My meta was incorrect before because I got hydra heads mixed up.

Who's scum Laundry?
not sure of scum early on, haven't seen much i dislike but i'm not overly fond of rake at the moment. zen's zen, you're you, ruy's ruy, sokr and xatres seem fine in my opinion even if the latter has done little of anything besides answer questions.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
@Scary: how many games have you played, kid?'

just because he knows the speed doesn't mean that his reaction is any way bad due to the actions you're causing to try to get reactions out of him
his reaction was bad, his reaction to having two votes started it and his reactions so far seal it.

He's already dropped a bunch of newb scum tells.

Vote with me, you know I'm right

Kantrip

Kantplay
not sure of scum early on, haven't seen much i dislike but i'm not overly fond of rake at the moment. zen's zen, you're you, ruy's ruy, sokr and xatres seem fine in my opinion even if the latter has done little of anything besides answer questions.
Do you think Rake is actually trying to get this lynch to go through this early?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
It's not that he's posting a lot, but his manner. Reasoning for scum...."you're scum" No rhyme or reason. It's just screaming brutal for me. I really only have my read on him. Having a harder time with others.

Kantrip

Kantplay
It's not that he's posting a lot, but his manner. Reasoning for scum...."you're scum" No rhyme or reason. It's just screaming brutal for me. I really only have my read on him. Having a harder time with others.
Can you see any town intent for what Rake's doing?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Why does this make me scum

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
@Scary: I know you don't want to make connections with other players while there's heat on you, but don't worry, your scummates will be smart enough to bus you if things get serious. Feel free to give reads.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Unvote

I probably was jumping the gun, but this pressure has just been sad. Literally has been, you are scum, therefore you are scum. Why? Cause you're scum lol vote him.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@magic: I don't think lynching an inactive is a cop out. I think most the people posting are town. Joey, fro, swordkuz, yourself, and xat likely contain all 3 scum. 3/5 of those slots are inactive. I'd be fine lynching any of those 3 right now at this very moment.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Live: kant, sok, me, scary, rake
Die today: joey, fro, sword
Die tonight: joey, fro, sword
Die tomorrow: xast, magic

Vote: sword hydra

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also I wasn't joking about only being able to see 2 moves ahead. It's as far as i'm able to see. I was joking about it being a town tell though. Also I'm intentionally playing to my town meta.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

First we start with an easy RVS vote by me

vote: scary
Next i follow my baseless vote with a scumspect list

Rake said:
Magic Bounce > Scary > Zen

Next kantrip shows interest

So he is new therefore we should vote him?
Rake said:
no, he's scum therefor you should vote him
Scary said:
Woah!!!!

Why!?!?!

Twooooooooooo votes.
Classic newb scum tell, trying to come in and joke off baseless pressure to appear townie

I keep my foot on his throat:

Rake said:
Scary goes first.
Rake said:
because u scum brudda
I push a little harder:

Rake said:
Scary is also a better wagon, and if you don't see why your either foolish, dumb or scum

Scary inquires on wagon:

Scary said:
No not ok.

Let me first ask what even started this wagon?
Although if i really wanted i could say he's more concerned with himself than addressing ryu, likely because he was sittign on nothing

Zen comments on me:

Zen said:
Can someone please vig rake for being a liability?
I reply snidely because he hurt my feelings:

Rake said:
Zen, don't undermine me. I'm hard at work finding scum
Again i put baseless pressure on him to force a reaction:

Rake said:
The fact that u be scum started it.

Scary votes me:

Scary said:
Vote: Rake

You gotta be kidding me.
His response to my clearly baseless pressure is to omgus a vote on me, this is another newbie scum tell
Not only does he not try to discern my intent or ideals in it, he immediately responds by omgusing me.
As a townie, he should first try to feel me out or ignore me, instead scary decides to focus on his attacker.
Newbie scum does thsi frequently when faced with this type of pressure, because they don't know how to react.

I pressure him more, now more certain due to how he reacted to my initial baseless rvs pressure

Rake said:
Wow this day is going to be really easy.

Can we all moev to scary now, or do I have to like, make big capital letters to see this gets followed through

Knatrip inquires to scary where my logic flaw was (note i had not explained any logic yet)

Potassium']Why did you vote Rake said:
I really dislike his interactions with Zen and so far there is no rhyme or reason for my persecution.
My interaction with zen was null, and he fails to identify what of my push makes it scummy, he is simply calling me scum because
I have called him scum. Again, he doesn't try to identify if i'm doing it for pressure or otherwise, he omguses me instead, yet another scum-tell

Not having a rhyme or reason is perfectly acceptable in RVS, and he should know this, instead he's making himself the victim,
when in fact he is not the victim of anything mroe than Rvs pressure initially, now building due to how he reacted

Scary said:
Rake, what makes me scum?
Again, scary is more concerned with himself, than figuring me out, this is another easy scum tell, and the question is in fact weightless
he's already seen me at his throat for what appears to eb no reason, at this point as a townie he should be trying to discern my intent in it, rather
than "what makes him scum"

I respond with some more baseless pressure, to gauge a response

Rake said:
the fact that you are scum, makes you scum
Scary said:
Please try a little harder.
Scary responds by trying to handwave the pressure, but he has already shown too much concern for this to be legitimate,
he is trying to have the appearance of unconcerned townie, when in fact his initial reation to it was that of scum worry, and omgus.

Even when trying to call me scum, he can do more than to muster up a scum read based on a "irk", this leads me to believe he picked up whatever he could to legitimize his scum read on me.
Zen, don't undermine me. I'm hard at work finding scum
Really just didn't like it. Something irks me about this.[/quote]

Xat helps by adding some baseless pressure:

@Scary: I noticed you online a few times during Rake's repeated postings that you were scum, but it took you awhile to respond (and when you did respond, it was quite short). Did your scummates take too long to respond to the QT?
Again, his focus for his scum read on me, is because I am calling him scum, a very common newbie tactic is to attack your attacker:

Scary said:
He still has failed to outline why me bloodlust is scummy, instead he is tries to victimize himself as being over run by me.

And now he unvotes realizing his jump to me was scummy:

Scary said:
Unvote

I probably was jumping the gun, but this pressure has just been sad. Literally has been, you are scum, therefore you are scum. Why? Cause you're scum lol vote him.
he also handwaves his own scumread on me by saying "I was probably jumping the gun"

Why not realize this before ? It is because he cannot answer what about it makes me scummy, meaning he can't keep his vote on me, so he unvotes.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY:

he's scum

Top Bottom