• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia #4 | Game over - Town wins!

Kantrip

Kantplay
I guess I'm foolish dumb or scum then.

Why don't you just assume a vote is legit until stated otherwise and that I will read people who join me on the wagon based on what happens when it happens

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I guess I'm foolish dumb or scum then.

Why don't you just assume a vote is legit until stated otherwise and that I will read people who join me on the wagon based on what happens when it happens

Because I'd rather pester you about it for a reaction

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Wow this day is going to be really easy.

Can we all moev to scary now, or do I have to like, make big capital letters to see this gets followed through

Magic Bounce

Smash Apprentice
I genuinely didn't know x3. Also I have not yet achieved level 3 foresight yet. I'm only lvl. 2 meaning I can see 2 moves ahead but no more. If I had planned that as scum I would need to be lvl 3. Therefore I must without a doubt be town you see?
you're acting far more cute than you normally would zen

Magic Bounce

Smash Apprentice

-MB #51 – Don't know why a simple greeting irks me. Entire string of posts from 51-54 read as too composed. A bit forced.

-MB #59 – Has a point but I don't get the all caps “VERY off-put” on a “largely null” tell. #61 – Concludes it is likely a gambit to provoke reactions because doing it as scum feels too obvious. I do like that he doesn't call Zen scum because that would be silly.

-MB #63 – Strange answer. My grasp of Zen and his dubious gambits are that they define his town play. I feel like Raz/WL hydra should recognize this and I don't get the point of stating discontent for Zen's gambit but calling it largely null, calling Zen likely town, and still concluding they think he could be getting reads another way. Especially when there's nothing inherently wrong with gambits like this, except they might make people look at you funny. If anything, this is a good thing from Zen. MB scum lean.

from my notes
you really do get very high-strung when reading me, potato.

for what it's worth i don't feel obligated to pursue zen here. he's being cheeky but nothing about his play really sets me on to actually pursue him. just reads of his usual self even if i've never been fond of his reliance upon gambits.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
How in the world have my few questions kept you from doing anything else? You yourself said they weren't very urgent. The thing is you're not actually trying to read into anything.
And you know from last game and this game that rvs lasts all but 2 seconds in dgames. You're the only active player with an all white list.
This is so very contrary to what I've observed of your hydra play. Are you saying early game is usually Dastrn doing all the work?
I'll answer all of these at once. I said at the beginning of FE:A and make a habit of saying in most games I play at all, that you shouldn't expect me to say much early in the game. I'd much rather sit back, read, and formulate my thoughts before making a case on anyone. You all saw this first hand in FE:A, if you were paying attention to posting colors. Dastrn (orange) was aggressive and boisterous and did exactly what you are criticizing me for not doing. Xatres (green) sat back, answered questions when asked, and waited to make a case until he had something substantial to bring to the table. Dastrn likes posting read lists early game, I hate it. I didn't even like posting read lists into our little Google Doc while we played together.
Reading FE:A, you'll notice that both our BIG cases, Soup D1 and FML D2, were both posted by me. The Soup case was entirely mine, based on reads I was getting the whole game. The FML case was more combined, but I did have the scumread on him for all of D1, but told Dastrn not to say anything until we had some evidence to back it up.
Maybe my tendency to wait is bad play on my part, as I do have a noted history of having trouble getting town to support my scumreads.
As far as RVS goes, I assumed the shortness of it in FE:A had to do with people bickering over pair-up mechanics, rather than Dgames meta. I'll keep this one in mind for the future.

Kantrip

Kantplay
you really do get very high-strung when reading me, potato.

for what it's worth i don't feel obligated to pursue zen here. he's being cheeky but nothing about his play really sets me on to actually pursue him. just reads of his usual self even if i've never been fond of his reliance upon gambits.
Is this Laundry?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Okay we get it, one post was enough.

Did you get anything from the one I gave you?
Yes I found your reaction to be peeved townie feeling and made a note of it.

AS sum i think you'd sooner defend your movement than to butt heads with me over it.

I also think while your reasoning to hope to xat was dicey, your intention to do so was cleaner.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
there are so many alerts going on right now holy **** guys i'm just catching up

you make me laugh far too easily

I'm honestly just so happy to be playing in a game with votes rather than a game with the townies standing in a circle pointing guns at each other while scum snicker in the corner.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sokr [1] - frozenmarsh751
ScaryLB59 [1] - Anomandaris_Rake
Anomandaris_Rake [3] - Sokr, Red Ryu, ScaryLB59
Xatres [3] - Zen, Xatres, Potassium

Not voting [3] - Magic Bounce, Masquerain, Kafkaesque;

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

:059:

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Xatres: Just checked FE:A to confirm what you said about D1 meta. You were, however, the one to set forth the rules idea and setup speculation. You did mention in your first post that there'd be much less setup speculation this time around due to the open setup and whatnot. I still expected something from you though. Did you write down notes on the setup and just not share them publicly?

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
@Xatres: Just checked FE:A to confirm what you said about D1 meta. You were, however, the one to set forth the rules idea and setup speculation. You did mention in your first post that there'd be much less setup speculation this time around due to the open setup and whatnot. I still expected something from you though. Did you write down notes on the setup and just not share them publicly?

The rules in FE:A were something Dastrn and I typed up before the game even started and planned to post when RVS ended. Since RVS ended the second Kary started bickering with Soup about the pair up mechanic, we went ahead and posted it right away. I was the one the post mainly because I was the one to do the final polish of the rules before posting them.

Are you asking me if I've taken notes on the rules for this setup or not? I haven't, if you are wondering. In an open setup, we know what all the power roles are, and speculating on them constantly just gives scum chances to figure out where to direct shots in the night.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Unvote

@Scary: So the fact that Rake has been posting a lot is a scum tell for you? I'm not convinced. Who is scum besides Rake?

@Magic Bounce: I wanted to see if his "not minding" being wagoned was false bravado or legit

Top Bottom